Start by marking “Unsanctioned Eyes (The Dragonfly, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unsanctioned Eyes (The Dragonfly, #1)

Unsanctioned Eyes (The Dragonfly, #1)

Her death was just the beginning.

Quinn Rogers doesn’t exist. There are no records of her name. Her DNA has no match. She is a ghost. A phantom killer no one can trace. The perfect assassin. Or so she thinks.

At the top of her game, Quinn’s no longer looking over her shoulder. Her master will protect her, save her, like he always has. But there are forces at work neither of
Published June 27th 2017 by Leverage Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Unsanctioned Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unsanctioned Eyes

Start your review of Unsanctioned Eyes (The Dragonfly, #1)
Nate Philbrick
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF. *This has nothing to do with the author's skill or the quality of the writing. The hard work put into this book is evident.*

I gave it a chance, and I pushed myself to keep reading because I knew that, eventually, the protagonist undergoes a change. When the first 30% of the book is the protagonist graphically torturing and murdering people (and showing NO remorse), I have to wonder what kind of earth-moving transformation this character goes through in order to be even remotely human.

That
gabi
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's been awhile since I read a book that I would consider a pleasure read, at least since before school ended. But this book was a great book to start off the summer with. I am really impressed.

Known as the Dragonfly in very few circles, Quinn Rogers is a killer. A shadow. A ghost. She believes that he life is as good as it could ever be. She’s safe behind her knives and skills. She’s protected by a master assassin and those who work for him. But when a assignment goes wrong, she begins to que
Galaxy Adventurer
Wow.
This was one wild ride. And I loved every second of it! :-D

Quinn~ she was an amazing main character, she's fierce and strong, and just amazing! I loved her character development!
Jason~ he's amazing as well<3 I love how loyal he is to Quinn, and how he always tries to fight for her(even though she doesn't need anyone to fight for her ;)
Garrett~ I'm still not sure about him...*eyes him suspiciously*
Matt~ here we have another loyal friend, who is amazing as well<3
Nathan~ ok, so he was super str
Rennie James
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: general
3.5 stars: Tea and Blood

**I was given a free ARC in exchange for a honest review.**

This is a debut novel in a genre I don’t typically read; however, the main character captured my attention. Whether in books, TV, or movies, I do love a kickass female lead. It is well-written, fast-paced, and complex. It is also Book 1 of a new series. There’s no cliffhanger ending, but there are unresolved issues (to be expected). It is written in first person which isn’t my favorite point of view as I’m always
Alea Harper
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Step aside, cliche thrillers because The Dragonfly series is coming to town! Brianna's incredible writing skills kidnapped my mind and threw it into the world of assassins, terrorists, and secret agents.

The Characters:
I fell in love with Brianna's characters, despite their murderous tendencies. Why? They are real, broke people. They work for (I don't want to tell you too much) who will kill them if they don't do as he says. This trains them to dim their consciences. But as the story goes on, stu
J.M. Sullivan
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: monthly-tbr
First, I would like to thank the author for giving me an ARC copy of the book to read! This was a fast paced action book that kept me guessing the entire time. I loved the thrilling world of the Dragonfly and watching as she navigated a world of danger and deception. The characters were well built, and the plot was solid, making for an engaging, interesting read! The way the book ends leaves lots of room for a sequel, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for more! :D
Daisy Paquet
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
{4.5}

Can I start this book review off with my ONLY complaint, the ONLY thing that lost it a star?
Brilliant. See, it was the language. I found myself wondering if it was REALLY necessary.

Now.
This book is EXCELLENT. It gave me the same feeling a good action movie does- the same feeling Iron Man and Batman gave me, okay? Yes, I'm a nerd, now go about your business.

(Keep in mind, Jason has Batman socks in this book and...)

Now, this book is amazing because THE PLOT IS GOOD. IT'S AMAZING. AND THE
Natalie Summers
Jul 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
Some Spoilers!

This book is just incredibly violent with absolutely zero diversity. You're supposed to root for a woman who kills tons of innocent people. She goes into the Louvre after being preached and vouched for by a religious guy and still kills a room full of innocent people. She goes onto kill still more police so she isn't caught. There is just no way for me to stand up for the book. Beware of what you are getting into. Brianna Merritt can write, but whoa.
james shoemaker
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this book in one day!! It was a very engaging read. I didn't want to put it down. The characters explored deep emotions and themes without being predictable. Overall: a great novel!
Cynthia
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: indie-books
It hurts my heart to give such a low star rating because the author is mega talented. Seriously--right after I'm done typing this, I will be checking out her other work. But not this series.

My issue is 100% with the protagonist, who ruins the fantastic story this would otherwise have been. She is weak and pathetic and is completely at mercy to her own emotional whims--but she pretends she's strong and capable because she'd good at killing people. Mostly innocent people, as best as I can tell. S
S. M. Metzler
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
When Brianna Merritt, one of my favorite writers/bloggers/Twitter friends asked me to read and review her book Unsanctioned Eyes before its release date (which is JUNE 27: TODAY!!!!) I didn’t really know what the book was about, but the cover was beautiful and anything written by Ms. Merritt was bound to be good. I gave it a shot. And was held in suspense the whole time. When I finished it, all I could think about was “WOW. That was SOOO good” and “WHERE IS THE SEQUEL.”

When I first started readi
C.E. Clayton
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action, fiction, thriller
“Unsanctioned Eyes” was like watching an action movie, but you know, reading. It’s got flavors that reminded me of “The Bourne Identity” but also solid military drama. Except from the “wrong” side of the aisle. Our main character, Quinn, does not work for the good guys. She is, in fact, a terrorist. She has reasons (which are kind of teased at towards the end of the novel) but the first book in the Dragonfly series is about Quinn’s character arc. The synopsis doesn’t really give a great idea of ...more
Jack Vaughn
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I received an advanced copy of this in exchange for an honest review.

First off let me say this book is well written overall and that this genre is really not in my wheelhouse. If I was rating this purely on Brianna's writing ability it would be 5 out of 5 stars. I desperately want to give it 3.5 stars and was on the fence on how to rate this book for the longest time. I like stories that take me out of the real world, but this one could be very much grounded in it.

******SPOILERS AHEAD*********

Q
Faith Rivens
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-of-2017
First, I'd like to thank Brianna for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

It's been a while since I read a thriller -- it's really not my go to genre -- but I still enjoyed this book!

At its core, this is the story of Quinn who has left behind a dark past to embrace an ever darker future. From soldier to assassin, her life is a killer's. But does it have to be?

Quinn makes for a very intriguing protagonist. She definitely falls into the antiheroine category in my opinion. She
KayCee K
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
First, I have to say that I don't read a whole bunch of thrillers, suspense books but Brianna, the author of Unsanctioned Eyes - the first book in The Dragonfly series- has pushed that door a little more open for me. This story is a fast but still balanced plot. These pages are filled with action, few twists and a dash of romance.

Brianna character fills her world up with sparks. Witty and danger dance between the pages of this book. Quinn is filled with mixed emotions but when it comes down to i
K.J. Chapman
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This Review is featured on my blog: Writerly Bookish Stuff.

Quinn is not only an assassin, she is the best of the best. Being heartless helps with this. When an assignment goes wrong, and she has to go on the run, her memories and her new relationships set her on a journey of self- preservation and self-discovery. Maybe there is a beat in that swinging brick of a heart.

An action packed narrative that is led by an anti-heroine to root for. You shouldn’t like Quinn, but you do. You shouldn’t be roo
Aria Maher
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was SO intense. On the one hand, it really makes you care about the characters, and on the other... most of the characters do not start out as very good people. Quinn Rogers is an assassin. She kills people for a living, and she's learned to disregard her feelings... until now. Quinn finds herself suddenly unsafe and on the run, with reminders of her dark past dogging her heels. Will she choose to continue her dark life on the wrong side of the law, or will she choose the light?

The aut
Sarah White
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unsanctioned Eyes is an ambitious novel with a compelling protagonist. The author doesn't shy away from dealing with difficult issues as her complex and conflicted antihero navigates the dark underworld of London and faces her own past. Quinn's growth as a character is deeply satisfying, giving a strong core to the action-packed story and setting up future books in the series nicely. I did wish that certain parts of Quinn's backstory had been explained more/sooner, as this would have made the pl ...more
Elisa Salyer
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unsanctioned Eyes is amazing. I got lost reading it, at times I forgot it was a book and mistook it for reality. Then someone in real life would interrupt me and I’d be unpleasantly brought back to earth. The attention to detail is unparalleled. Quinn’s character is virtually the perfect character- because she herself is not perfect by any means. She’s calloused, full of anger, and possesses a hair trigger temper. She does horrible, unspeakable things, and feels no remorse for them. The thing ab ...more
Kait Spangler
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mystery, Thriller, and Suspense is one of my favorite genres to read. I love how the stories keep you guessing with twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat. Unsanctioned Eyes is no exception to this. Throughout the story I kept wondering what would happen next, and how the characters would get out of the situations they were in.

Speaking of characters, I have to be honest and say that I really didn’t like Quinn at first. She is a killer, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I couldn’t
Soleil
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
So much happened!
I really enjoyed 'Unsanctioned Eyes'. It's been a while since I had read anything from this genre, and I loved it. There is some language, and violence as the main character is an assassin. (some of her missions, you're like "WHY?!") But even though Quinn's past is dark, she come's to realize what she's done is wrong. And when she makes the decision to save someone's life instead of take it, it will change her more than she'll realize.
I look forward to reading the next Dragonfly
Lillian Merritt
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of the best books I've read!
Michael Chrobak
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, I’ve been really, REALLY enjoying the phase of books I͛ve been reading lately. There are some amazingly talented Indie-Authors out in the world, and Brianna Merritt is definitely one of them. Her style of writing absolutely pulled me in, and this was the first book in a while that I didn’t want to read just the section of pages I assigned myself to read each day. I wanted to read and read and read and read…so I did. I finished it two days before I had planned, which says something ...more
Peter Pike
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I wish I could give half-stars, because "Unsanctioned Eyes" deserves more than 3. But there is also a bit of rust present, so I cannot quite give this 4 stars.

Brianna Merritt does a lot of things well. "Unsanctioned Eyes" is packed with action and is a genuine page-turner. I read the entire thing in about three hours as I rode the bus to and from work.

Fair warning: This book may not appeal to everyone. The protagonist is very well developed (in fact, I would say that is the absolute strongest pa
Azelyn Klein
Disclaimer: I don’t like assassins. I don’t support what they do, who they are, et cetera. In no way do I support the actions or words of the characters in this novel.

This book is what a thriller is supposed to look like. Merritt’s Explosions: The Novel—I’m sorry, I mean Unsanctioned Eyes—is an action-packed story filled with assassins and agents, cross-country travel, chase scenes, blood, death, guns, and of course, explosions galore.

The story was so dark, I felt like I was reading from the v
Jacqueline Patterson
May 17, 2018

• More Than Maybe
  • What I Like About You
  • What You Wish For
  • Tarnished Crown (The Royals, #3.5)
  • Cracked Kingdom (The Royals, #5)
  • Fallen Heir (The Royals, #4)
  • Twisted Palace (The Royals, #3)
  • Broken Prince (The Royals, #2)
  • Paper Princess (The Royals, #1)
  • The Lucky Ones