Start by marking “Go To Sleep!” as Want to Read:
Go To Sleep!

Go To Sleep!

The award-winning Go To Sleep! by Marion Adams! Tansy the sheep can’t go to sleep. She’s forgotten how to do it! But when she follows the barn owl’s advice and starts counting sheep, she realises that there is something wrong …
Published June 12th 2017 by Full Media Ltd (first published April 27th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Go To Sleep!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go To Sleep!

Dash fan
5☆ Beautifully illustrated. The Perfect Bedtime story.

Go to Sleep is a beautifully written bedtime story that encourages parent's and children to read together or read alone or with siblings.

The illustrations are simply delightful. Bright and relatable children will simply fall in love with the characters.

I don't know about you... but my mum always told me to count sheep when I couldn't sleep. This is exactly what this adorable book is all about.

Tansy the sheep is struggling to Sleep and is conv
Whispering Stories
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

One night Tansy the Sheep couldn’t get to sleep, no matter how hard she tried. Her mum told her to shut her eyes and think about something she liked, but she liked lots of things and didn’t know which to choose.

A Barn Owl heard her asking the other sheep how to get to sleep. It swooped in low and told her to start counting sheep, that would get her to sleep. Unfortunately, Tansy counting sheep only made things worse and now all the sheep were a
Yesha
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*** Note: I received e-copy of this books as a part of blog tour. Many thanks to author and Rachel for providing me a copy of this book. ***

Go To Sleep is animal themed funny and cute bedtime story about the little sheep Tansy who couldn’t go to sleep. In trying to sleep by following barn owl’s advice she found out something was wrong in the field. As the blurb said it had funny twist.

Tansy was nice little sheep who was cute, innocent, cared for others and tried to do something good. Barn own an
Donna Maguire

This was a cute and fun book to read and it has some lovely images!

It is easy to follow and has a fun ending too, I read it with my daughter and whilst she is too young at the moment to understand the story she loved the pictures!

Really looking forward to reading it with her when she is older.
Vikki Patis
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Since I'm not the target audience, nor do I have any children, I may not be the best person to review this book, but I'll review it nonetheless.

Go To Sleep! is a short, fun little book for kids and their parent(s) to enjoy together. It's got some lovely illustrations, and is written in that classic, fable way, where children learn and grow, as well as be entertained.

I'm not sure on ages, not being a parent and all, but it seems like it could be universally enjoyed. If anything, younger children
Aviva Gittle
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-gittle-list
#8 on The Gittle List 2017: Go To Sleep!, written by Marion Adams and illustrated by Sarah-Leigh Wills, is the story of Tansy the sheep who can’t sleep. And also is bit math-challenged. What unfolds is woolly mayhem as a sheep who can’t sleep — and can’t count — insists that one of the flock has gone missing. Just darn funny with sweet, fluffy illustrations by Ms. Wills. The best part of the story is Tansy speculating what may have happened to the missing sheep. Kids will enjoy the opportunity a ...more
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

My 4 year old daughter hasn’t always been one for sleep. Once she gets into the land of nod, she stays there for a good few hours unless I end up leaving the bed. So, when I had the chance to read a book about sleep, I grabbed hold of it with two hands and was delighted to read it to my little girl. Here is what she thought of the book:

Baby TWG: ‘I like animals! The sheep has a really boofee smile! I can count already s
Julia Thum
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a charming story that children will adore and adults (they are important too - they often have to read them after all) will want to return to over and over again. A wonderful bedtime tale that turns counting sheep into quite an adventure!

The vocabulary is right up my street and will gently enhance a child's nature literacy introducing them to teasels (one of my favourite plants ever) tors and gorse bushes that some children may only encounter through the pages of a book.

The word buildin
Gmr
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an adorable tale of one little sheep you simply COULD NOT go to sleep! Whatever is a sheep to do? I mean, they can't exactly count themselves...or can they? Well, wonder no more as you follow Tansy on her quest to reach Dreamland, but be prepared for pitfalls along the way. How so? Well, let's just say that when we're needing sleep, sometimes the things we try don't turn out 100% perfect...which in this case leads to a potential disaster, possible rescue, and return of peace of mind in ...more
Rebecca If Only I Could Read Faster
As a parent of seven year old twins, I’m still not sure what children have against sleep. I love to sleep and I wish that they did too! One day I will enjoy waking them up very early in the morning but for now, the trick to getting your reluctant child to sleep remains a mystery.

Go To Sleep by Marion Adams tells the story of Tansy the sheep, a typical lamb or finds it hard to fall asleep. With the rest of her flock sleeping Tansy takes the advice of a passing owl that counting sheep will help he
Nicola Smith
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read Go to Sleep with my four year old son. He found it quite amusing to read about Tansy, a young sheep who can't get to sleep and is therefore advised to count, yes you've guessed it, sheep! But she gets confused and thinks that one of the sheep is missing. By the end, all the sheep are awake apart from Tansy, who is tired after her sheep counting escapades.

It's a sweet and fun story, about that age-old problem of getting to sleep at night. There are some lovely illustrations and at the end
Lorraine
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute bedtime story about a little sheep who couldn’t get to sleep. Counting sheep takes on a new twist in this fun read.

Aimed at children 3 – 7 years old. This is a wonderful story to read to your little ones, and for the older range of the age group to read themselves.

The illustrations by Sarah-Leigh Wills are delightful.
Laura Reading
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: what-an-animal
An entertaining book to help settle little ones before bedtime.
The illustrations are precious and the story is fun.
Tansy is doing her best to be a good little sheep. When she thinks one of her flock is missing she does what she thinks she should do!
Jasmine
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon
Rose English
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book 84 of my Goodreads Challenge 2018

I love sheep stories and this is a great little fun read.
Nick Jones
Lisa
Dec 18, 2018
Lauren
Dec 29, 2018
Marion Adams is an award-winning author based in Devon, UK. Her poems have appeared in magazines including Bare Fiction, Poetry Nook and Salopeot, and she has also won several poetry prizes.
She writes for both adults and children, and her published work includes plays, articles and non-fiction.
Her latest children’s picture book, Go To Sleep!, is published by Full Media Ltd, and there are more tit