Start by marking “The Memory Shop” as Want to Read:

The Memory Shop

The most important things in life . . . are not things at all.

Nora is fleeing London for her childhood home in Dublin after her heart is suddenly torn apart. Back home, she learns she has inherited all of her grandmother's worldly belongings - a feather shrug, a Tiffany mirror, a gold locket, and many more precious things besides.

With no means of keeping them, and not ab
Published October 5th 2017 by Orion

Dale Harcombe
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

After a betrayal Nora flees London back to her childhood home in Dublin. With her grandmother’s house needing to be sold and all her antique and treasured belongings from all over the world, Nora decided to open a shop. Using her design talents for creative window displays she soon captures lots of interest as she seeks to find the perfect owner for each of her grandmother’s precious belongings. So begins The Memory Shop. As well as Nora’s story there are explanation of how each item that Nora’s
Kate Kerrigan
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another beautifully written, wonderful, evocative, emotional book from Ella Griffin. If, like me, you adored The Flower Arrangement you will love, LOVE this!
Liz
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book definitely grew on me. During the first few chapters I was a little confused as more and more seemingly random characters were introduced but as the novel progressed everything fell into place. Nora was a very likeable main character and I loved the descriptions of the different objects, windows displays and the memories they were portraying. Nora's story, and that of her mother and grandmother, was unusual and intriguing. A very enjoyable read (although with a few editing glitches)!
Lee
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Griffin’s last book, The Flower Arrangement, so when I had the opportunity to review her new release, The Memory Shop, I jumped at it. And I’m happy to report that The Memory Shop was just as good, if not better, as that earlier novel.

There’s a lot of similarities between the two books.

In The Flower Arrangement the main setting is a romantic and charming florist. I said in my review of The Flower Arrangement that the shop gave Griffin an opportunity to gift us with the most beautiful f
Sally Whiteside
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I truly adore this book and characters. Once I got into it I couldn't stop listening. I love everything about it.
Shirley Revill
There are many different types of memories that we carry in our hearts and minds.
Some can be so bad that they affect us all our lives and the people close to us are affected too.
Other memories are happy and gladden our hearts when something or someone makes us trigger a thought that brings tears to our eyes or smiles to our faces.
Many people have keepsakes but you don't really need a trinket on a shelf because memories are kept deep within our hearts and minds whenever we need them.
The memory sh
Sara Brady
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely heartwarming! If you're looking for an easy read that is also intriguing and heartfelt, you definitely should give this a book a try.
Anne
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read and enjoyed all of Ella Griffin's previous novels and was really excited when I heard about The Memory Shop. I haven't been disappointed, it's such a warm and vibrant; filled with characters to love and exploring the intricate and delicate relationships of families and communities.

Nora has returned to her childhood home in Dublin. Her beloved grandmother has died and her home has to be emptied and sold. Nora is not relishing the job, there are so many memories, and unresolved secrets w
Lydia Bailey
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is such a lovely read. Ella Griffin manages to create characters you really care about & I absolutely loved the concept of this book. At times I felt very frustrated with it though as there are so many new characters introduced it becomes pretty confusing. The themes of the Memory Shop & the main character’s (Nora) Grandparent’s history is so very touching though I got more and more drawn in. It is not until you reach the end of the book that it completes the circle & you realis ...more
Fairouz Muallem
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
although it's not my favorite genre I liked it
Yvonne Morgan
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first by this author and it will not be my last...loved every word line chapter and page of this heart warming read....Brilliant storyline ...amazing characters and a great setting....totally recommend this book and author.
Helen
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

‘It doesn’t feel like work, when you’re doing something you’re passionate about, does it?’

This is such a well thought out tale that grew on me as it progressed. I found Griffin’s writing to be rich in both descriptions of place, objects and sentiment. I particularly enjoyed the main character, Nora, setting up the shop and her display windows, with people entering and the stories that flowed from there. The background provided about the various items of
Armalite
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A la mort de ses grands-parents bien-aimés, Nora Malone rentre à Dublin pour vendre leur maison et tous les trésors qu'elle contient. Elle ne compte rester que quelques jours avant de regagner Londres où l'attendent son fiancé Adam et son boulot de décoratrice. Puis, se retrouvant subitement célibataire et sans emploi, elle a l'idée d'ouvrir une boutique afin de chercher le propriétaire idéal pour chacun des objets auxquels sont rattachés tant de souvenirs...

Comme on parle de comfort food, on de
Jayne
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a strong 4.5 read for me. I don't read a lot of contemporary books but this really stood out to me.

Its focused around a young woman called Nora who has lost both grandparents within 12 months, her mother travels the world and is rarely around and her relationship and job have fallen apart over night! She is made responsible for dealing with her grandparents legal affairs in Dublin and see's this time away from her life in London as a way to recharge. Her grandparents home is full of me
Marjolein
Okay, this was a nice read but far from the best book ever. I don't know, I somehow expected more from it. I expected the story to be more about Nora and not about all these other people who came into the shop to buy something. Of course, it's lovely to read about life changing moments, but I would've liked to get to know Nora a little better. Also, there was a bit too much infidelity involved in my opinion, that kind of ruined parts of the story for me. Plus, there were lots of tiny mistakes an ...more
Susan Banks
A not unpleasant undemanding read, perhaps more appealing for people interested in frocks, hair and makeup. It features plenty of cliches and a main protagonist who is beautiful, artistic and unrelentingly nice; a spoiler would be superfluous.
Michael Tweed
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming easy read.
Susie
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a great holiday read, romantic and beautiful. The detail of the shop and its treasures was so vivid and well done that I feel like I've been there. Just lovely.
Teena
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet book, set in Ireland and reminiscent of Maeve Binchy. Sometimes a book just hits the spot perfectly and this did for me, after reading so many thrillers and mysteries.
Jenni
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, just loved it, beautiful story and it picked me up, dusted me off and gave me hope! Just what I needed when I needed help desperately!
Evelyn Prodger
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice twist on a love story, good characters and interesting back stories
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awww 😍 I absolutely loved this story. I thought the authors way of having all these amazing antique items that each had their own meaning and memory and then linking them to a character was really clever and well done. I also liked how there were certain characters who cropped up and you’d follow their story for a time but then it’d be kind of wrapped up and they’d bow out, or they might not even come into it till nearer the end of the story -it made the story feel really realistic to me! 100% p ...more
Elaine Bain
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored this book. Very well written and utterly captivating. Highly recommended.
Dawn
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads-won
I received a copy of this book for free through a giveaway at Goodreads.com.

I absolutely loved this book... The intertwining stories of the different characters are woven superbly, warmly, realistically. There are tears and smiles and, yes, a few laugh out loud moments too.
I wonder how many people will read this book and then look at their possessions in a new way... I know I did!
There are a few inconsistencies in the story which did bug me, and there's a couple of typos and missing/extra words
Teryl
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
It's an easy, pleasant read. The cheating plotline is extensive and the connection of the characters to the memory shop is a little awkward at times. A rainy afternoon read.
Hannah Kate Rimmer
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully charming story full of life’s treasures. Thoroughly enjoyable little read.
Svetlana Tishchenko
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Ella Griffin I want to be your friend. Also, I want to befriend Nora, Fiona, Michelle (definitely Michelle) and Lia.

Ella the author made it possible for all those wonderful ladies to tell their life stories as if they were telling my own.

A story of betrayal by a man you are in love with and your close friend, a story of 'amlost divorced' man, a story of violence, anger and fear and a story of 'I am not good enough. We have all been there and done that at some stages of our lives.

Christine Rennie
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I listened to this book over a weekend in March and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a wonderful story to escape into and listen to the stories attached to the Memory Shop.
Highly recommended.
Iris de Graaf
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owning
I started the book with the expectations of it being some kind of mystical, odd and quirky story. The first chapter alone already made me realise the story was much more down to earth, with Nora's boyfriend cheating on her. I'll admit that I didn't really like it at first; more and more characters were introduced and each one of them had their own relationship problems. It felt too random and confusing. But later it all started to make sense, and I grew to like this story after all.

Too bad it d
Linda Amos
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A delightful read. Nora finds a bra on the bedroom floor and her boyfriend in bed. Who's bra is it? She returns to her childhood home in Dublin to sort out her grandparents house after their deaths. The house includes a shop where she sells their treasures with the stories of each one. She finds friends there along with good advice. There are several stories of different people, including her grandmother's which she knew nothing of, woven through the main one.
If you want a more than a simple ro
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EllaGriffinA...

Twitter: @EllaGriffin1

In previous lives, Ella has been Ireland’s Clumsiest Waitress and Shyest Radio DJ, a travel writer and an award winning advertising copywriter.

Her first novel, 'Postcards From the Heart', was published in 2011. Her fourth., 'The Memory Shop', is out now in Ireland, Australia and NZ. It will be released in the U.K. in March 20