Start by marking “The Wildlife of Star Wars” as Want to Read:
The Wildlife of Star Wars

The Wildlife of Star Wars

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  355 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The Star Wars universe is a vast and varied place, populated with an amazing array of creatures. These fascinating fauns have been captured here in the only comprehensive annotated field guide of its kind. Many years of extensive study and on-site observation have gone into these renderings, and great risk taken to learn about the natural habitats of all of the creatures. ...more
Published September 1st 2001 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Wildlife of Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wildlife of Star Wars

Parka
Feb 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art-books, movies

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

Although you may not feel it from the cover art, this hardcover is actually texture-pressed with scale patterns from a creature I can't identify. It's a nice touch — pun intended.

This is a field guide to the wildlife from the Star Wars planets. It's organised by planets and the included ones are Tatooine, Hoth, Dagobah, Naboo, Bespin, Endor, Yavin 4 and Coruscant. There's a short introduction describing each ecosystem — fiery, freezing, vaporous, etc.

The illustr
Andrew
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A gorgeous book. The cover has a great texture to it that has the feel of a scaled reptile. It is evocative of a dewback and really puts you in the star wars frame of mind. The book is sufficiently hefty and feels great in your hands. The pages are thick and glossy with great full color printing. It is a rather large book but not overly so. It fits on most shelves and is only about an inch thick so it isnt unmanageable in how heavy it is and wont hog too much space. The binding is top notch and ...more
Daniel B
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
this book is the best this is the ultimate handbook and the best beast is the great kryat dragon.
Andre
Nov 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fantasy
This was a nice tongue in cheek book.
However, I am gonna say right away that I could have done with a shorter chapter on Naboo… boy was that looooonnnnggggg. Plus that Tattoine, Hoth and Dagobah all had just one ecosystem and Naboo has only two sounds pretty weird if you ask me.
Also, you do notice that the book mostly stays within the groups that we have on earth, not really any new group here, except for a few cases.
Mostly this book doesn't take itself too serious though and it is a nice "litt
Rob Campbell
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you own a lightsaber and spend hours a day shopping for books, every so often something is too tempting on a order screen. The cover is scaled...which would make anything cooler...the fact it is Star Wars themed concept art (jedi tattooed) Ewoks have horses...
This is too pretty to be kept at the store... I don't want to give 5 stars too easily...I wouldn't have brought it home if it was a 4(probably would have...I have a problem)

Francisco Becerra
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
A beautiful and engaging tour to another aspect of the Star Wars universe, overlooked for so long: the wondrous creatures that inhabit the planets and stars we love so much. Although most of them are only visually stunning, a few are truly conceptual wonders like the bantha, the greater krayt dragon, the knobby white spider, the aiwhas or the beldons.
Alex Brown
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Its a pretty good star wars book, its basically got a bunch of the alien creatures from all of star wars, not just the movies. Not a ton of actual reading but the artwork is really cool. Its a nice edition to any star wars fans collection but i would only recommend it to the people who really care about star wars that much.
Micah
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fun book with great illustrations. Most detail is given to familiar species from the movies. I don't know how many of the other species are mentioned in the books or if they are added to fill out ecosystems.
RumBelle
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-wars
A field guide to Star Wars creatures. This beautiful, artistic, yet informative book provided zoological and biological information on some of the strangest, and most beautiful, creatures we have seen in the Star Wars universe.
Reyel2107
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
the art made them alive !!!!!
Captain I
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full of wonderful information that will never be of any use to me except in the most obscure of quizzes!
Abraham Ray
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
great book about the animals of star wars!
Andrew
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I would buy it for the illustrations alone. Truly well done. However, I do think that there was some stealing from the real world. (Otta? Otter?) still excellent.
Terri Pray
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jack picked this out as a birthday gift and he's looked through it every single day since. The artwork is fantastic, the idea behind it is appealing, and major kudos the author.

Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
great collection of art work and description of creatures in the star wars series
Emmalee
Dec 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Emmalee by: Jason
It has great illustrations of lots of star wars animals that I didn't know about before.
Ashley
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
Amazing Artwork and Descriptions like an actual scientist documented these things, Its just it was not quite what I was looking for.
Sarah Neverdahl