Start by marking “Mr. Fixer Upper” as Want to Read:
Mr. Fixer Upper

Mr. Fixer Upper

Gannon King is great with his hands and—if you believe what you read on Twitter—he’s “sex in a toolbelt.” The reality TV star learned his lesson about falling for pretty packages the hard, painful, humiliating way and he’s not making that mistake again.

Sure, “Legs” is gorgeous as hell and smart-mouthed—two of his favorite qualities in a woman. But she’s an icy network kis
Published July 7th 2017 by That's What She Said Publishing (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Fixer Upper, please sign up.
Nate Brightman The Christmas Fix that just came out Nov. 2019 is Cat's book.

Start your review of Mr. Fixer Upper
Kiki
Alex ♈
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unlikable-hero

I wanted to write a review, but then I saw Kiki's review and I agree with her, well, apart from #4.

I liked the heroine. I wish she pushed more
-> me - the push-liker :-)))

I struggled a bit with the beginning, then with the middle, but I liked the part, when he grovelled.
Romantic. He did great!
I would have definitely taken the house #greedyAlex

And the plot with h's dream - a documentary on women in the television industry incl. pay gap, gender stereotypes, sexual harassment - was amazin
Heroesinbooks
4.5 Paige and Gannon Stars

Well, I think I now have a newfound appreciation for hot guys with tool belts - Gannon King stole a little bit of my heart. He's my kind of hero - alpha , completely hooked on his woman , loyal and good hearted with the ability to well and truly screw things up but still have you cheering for him and willing the heroine to take him back.

Gannon King and his twin sister , Cat , are the faces of a T.V. network's prime show about revamping houses for people who are in a di
Lynsey A
Oh my goodness, what a fun read to find in KU. I enjoyed this book immensely. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I got a little frustrated with the heroine but it wasn't enough to make me dislike her. I could see where she was coming from a bit.

Gannon the hero was totally swoon worthy! What he did to prove his love for her made me cry!!!

This book is definitely worth a read. I so enjoyed the back and forth between Gannon and Paige. Literally made me LOL. Here are a few examples
Valerie
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Everything you would expect from a book from Lucy Score!!

Wonderful lovable characters. Easy flow. Strong heroine. Good love scenes. Just the right amount. But not over done as some authors do.

I think every woman who reads this will want a Gannon King for their own!!!

This is a stand alone book.

* I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review*
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
This caught my eye, despite the cover, and I thought I'd give it a shot. And it didn't work out. I was more than a little surprised to find that I like Gannon more than Paige. He had arrogant jerk written all over him, but that turns out to be Paige's misread rather than an actual part of his character. Which is what eventually tanked my ability to continue. Paige is such a self-involved coward that I just don't get his attraction to her.

At two-thirds or so, she pulls a runner with a just-friend
~Dawn~TUG
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute love story..add a reality HGTV style tv show and I'm in heaven. Gannon was perfection. Paige was strong and determined. Together they were sweltering hot. First time reading this author, looking forward to reading more.
Beth McCraw
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I seriously don't think Lucy Score could write a bad book. I loved this as much as her Blue Moon books!!
Joyce
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“I’m not interested in being interested in you”. And so it begins. Prickly Paige and Gannon, Mr. Fixer Upper himself. He’s the “talent” on a reality show, she’s the producer. But it turns out Paige isn’t as prickly as she appears; it’s more of single minded career goal to expose the gender double standard. Although she doesn’t need it or want it or even realize it, Gannon has her back, they’re on the same team. Enforcing the double standard theme, Gannon is encouraged in his pursuit of Paige, wh ...more
AWB
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gah. I usually avoid books with celebrities in them, at least I try to. As the H is almost always portrayed as an unapologetic man whore who gets aaaalllll the sex, and has zero responsibilities because he’s famous. Gag. I prefer my book boyfriends without the STD, thank you very much.

This was literally none of that. It was adorable. The only serious issue I had was that the H waited WAY to long to tell the h about his pervious relationship. It was a case of to Little to late, because of the dr
Jenn Horton
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I would read the phone book if Lucy wrote it. I have loved every single book she has written and get very excited when the new book is released! This new release was no different. You fall in love with the characters very quickly, rooting for them, it's a hot story line, and the love story keeps you going. I wish I could see Gannon in real life!
Leila
3 extreme makeover stars!

This was a cute story that felt very much like I was watching a behind the scenes of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, down to the deserving families that are getting a new home.

I always seem to go a little weak-kneed for a handsome man who can build things, so I was instantly smitten with Gannon.

I really liked Paige as well. She had spent her entire career fighting her way through the sludge of backstage Hollywood. You couldn't help but root for her.
Alaina
Mr. Fixer Upper was predictable as fuck but I still ended up loving the shit out of it.

Gannon and Paige were my everything. Their relationship was just what I needed today. Well, any day is fine by me too but I needed something fun to read after the week I had. Ugh and tomorrow is Monday, and I know it's going to suck ass at work. Either way, I loved these two and even though I was guessing/assuming so much shit (and ended up being wrong most of the time) it was still a paige turner. Get it? I'm
Miss Naya
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book had all those little things that you expect and hope to find a good book; it had great characters, it had an interesting plot, it was funny and poignant, believable... you have this tough guy that is not a****** tough and you have this tough woman that is not a too stupid to live and as you read about her you figure out why she is as she is, and it's great. I discovered new talent today with this book.
Andrea
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Fixer Upper is the ultimate feel-good read. It has forever changed the way I think of home improvement television as I will continually be wondering what is going on behind the scenes with the talent and crew. Score masterfully brought to life a beautiful love story that has you cheering for characters through triumphs and crying with them through the heartaches.
Sarah Wayne
May 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
dnf at 28%. i just didn't connect with the characters. the storyline and writing were ok, if a lot slow. not my cup of tea.
Maren Lee
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I love the plot. I love the characters. I love the enemies to lovers trope. I love all the feminism. I love Gannon. Sigh. Two thumbs way up. Five stars. Read it.
Sara
Aug 23, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dnf @ 40%..Paige was getting on my nerves, it was too slow & the narrator’s voice was too flat and dead. ...more
Kait Nolan
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one was a bit of a slow starter for me, but WOW did it get hook me. The shower. The caretaking. And THE ENDING. This is my current favorite fictional proposal. Two thumbs up and a toolbelt salute to Gannon King, TV carpenter heartthrob.
Jodi
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sigh, Paige and Gannon. What can I say? I am still stuck in their world. And honestly, I'm not sure I want to get out of it.
There was this shower scene. Ok, well, maybe more than one. But this particular shower scene was amazing and wonderful and sweet and broke me a little. Oh, did I mention there was no sex in this scene? Because there wasn't. And it was still unbelievable.

So Gannon King is a hotshot, hot-tempered, handyman god, who along with his sister Cat, is the star of the reality TV sh
Rachel
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow, what a book! Gannon and Paige are absolutely fantastic characters. The story is both funny and poignant, just what I've come to expect from a Lucy Score romance. The book is worth getting for the shower scene alone. 💕🔥
I loved this book sooo much. The build up, the tension, the misunderstandings, the total swoon worthy romantic moments. Some books don't give the reader sufficient build up before the couple declare themselves in love and domestically settled. Not so with Mr Fixer Upper, yo
Kristi Myers
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Fixer Upper a twisty turning book that will have you laughing, crying, and at the same time wanting the throw your own sludge hammer threw a wall! Lucy Score delivers an amazing story!
Reality TV, yep… Paige was the producer, her “talent” was Gannon King the one how was the star of the show along with his twin sister, Cat. They were the ones that had the task of putting together a show that renovated homes for deserving people. Although, when you are up against “suits”, a crummy industry dou
Jeannie Autry
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this love story. It was so like a true love story. I loved visiting the "Extreme Makeover" storyline. The lead male character Gannon was Alpha and still sexy, gorgeous, hot, caring and sensitive. The lead female character Paige was beautiful but not necessarily like a perfect model. She was caring and sensitive to the needs of others. She had characteristics that made her seem so real like somebody I might really know. She didn't have the best or worst life growing up but it definitely h ...more
Deb Markanton
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Why in the world have I never read Lucy Score?! That’s what I kept thinking as I devoured Mr. Fixer Upper.
Remodelling homes for a popular reality tv show is grueling—the timeline is ridiculously short, the obstacles are often monumental, and coordinating a television crew as well as a local construction crew is like herding cats. But what keeps field producer Paige St. James coming back for more are the families they work with. Built on love and support, something lacking in her own family, the
litljen
Whenever Lucy Score comes out with a new book I get excited, because I know it's going to be an excellent read. Mr. Fixer Upper was fun, sexy and hilarious---a must-read when you are looking for a great rom-com. The story revolves around reality tv, the star of the home renovation show, Gannon and the field producer, Paige. I am a big fan of books that play off the reality tv theme because it's such a great set up for a dynamic story. Score's story slides easily into the theme and the end result ...more
Paige is a field producer for a reality show that remodels homes for deserving people. In an industry that takes advantage of every emotion, she has built up her "Ice Queen" walls pretty thick. That's not to say that she is devoid of emotion - no, she frequently gets choked up with the stories of the recipients of the projects. But when it comes to showing any emotion toward the jerk "star" of the show, Gannon, she keeps it wrapped up tight no matter how much he pushes her buttons.

Gannon thinks
Chantay
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gannon has the knowledge and the skills to make any woman beg to use his "power tools" for a private lesson! Paige is beautiful, strong minded and a stubborn woman working as a field producer on a home improvement reality show. Gannon and his twin sister, Cat, are the stars of the show. Gannon is built like a greek god, sexy and has eyes only for Paige. Paige can feel the sexual tension with Gannon from the beginning but she fears her job would be in jeopardy because showing favoritism if they s ...more
Jenny
Plot rating: 4.5 stars
Dialogue rating: 4 stars
Storytelling rating: 4.5 stars
Story ending rating: 4.5 stars
Other woman/men drama: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)
**********************************************
Overall rating: 4.5 stars

I w
Amber Houslet
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved this book! I hope that this becomes a series as I can't wait to follow the characters. Please, please, please???

Okay, enough begging. What a great portrayal of a woman trying to make it in a man's world and a man that can support his woman as she reaches for her dreams. Meet Paige St. James, field producer, who makes her job look easy and Gannon, who thinks that she's all just fluff and there to make the ratings go higher. When Gannon starts seeing her as more than the Princess
Christine
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first book from this author......and I know it won't be my last! It had fun and entertaining characters, and an enjoyable storyline. Absolutely loved Paige & Gannon!! They had an interesting working relationship, as they knew how to push each others buttons. But, there always seemed to be something else just under the surface. Once they gave into their attraction, they had to learn how to navigate a relationship while working with one another.....and that wasn't always easy.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Highball Rush (Bootleg Springs #6)
  • Sidecar Crush (Bootleg Springs, #2)
  • Bourbon Bliss (Bootleg Springs Book 4)
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Protecting You (Bailey Brothers, #1)
  • Fighting for Us (Bailey Brothers, #2)
  • Love According to Science
  • Real Fake Love (Copper Valley Fireballs #2)
  • Unraveling Him (The Bailey Brothers #3)
  • Reckless Miles (Miles Family, #3)
  • Gaining Miles (Miles Family, #5)
  • Faking It with the Frenemy
  • Hidden Miles (Miles Family, #4)
  • Forbidden Miles (Miles Family, #2)
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • Broken Miles (Miles Family, #1)
Lucy is a Wall Street Journal and #1 Amazon Kindle Store bestseller of romantic comedies and contemporary romance. She grew up in rural Pennsylvania with a lot of time on her hands and a big imagination. She was the oldest of three in a book-obsessed household. Dinners were often spent in silence while family members had their noses buried in books. A passion for writing took hold at five when she ...more