Start by marking “Unidentified Fatherly Object” as Want to Read:
Unidentified Fatherly Object

Unidentified Fatherly Object

Fred Garcia decides Father’s Day is the perfect time to find out what happened to his father. As he prepares to search the old, abandoned military base where his father used to work, he hopes for clues as to what might have occurred. Lights at the base, however, indicate that it’s not as inactive as suggested. Fred discovers the truth. Unfortunately, the truth is a dark an ...more
Published June 15th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Unidentified Fatherly Object, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unidentified Fatherly Object

Start your review of Unidentified Fatherly Object
Candace Robinson
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome short story! I kept wanting to know what the heck was going to happen! It was dark with a great ending! Even with it being a short story, I really liked Fred! Review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Dianne
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fred’s father worked on a military base until he disappeared, no note, no news, nothing. With Father’s Day coming, Fred is determined to go into the now abandoned base and search for any clue as to what happened to the man he called Dad. What Fred found is far beyond human comprehension, far darker and far more terrifying than he ever could have imagined, and yes, he now knows what happened to his father.

Calvin Demmer has left no holiday unscathed as he finally puts his own spin on Father’s Day that is defin
S.E. Casey
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The latest entry in Calvin Demmers 'Dark Celebration' series changes things up as more of a sci-fi offering. However, the main focus is the same as a young protagonist struggles with his place in larger world, trying to figure out its mysteries and unprepared that it indeed has designs on them. There is a nice call back to the other stories in this series as well, jigsaw pieces falling into place, an unveiling of a larger design.Fast paced and well written. Recommended.
S.J. Budd
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unidentified Fatherly Object is the latest tale in Calvin Demmer's extraordinary Dark Celebrations series; Prom Screams, She Will Rise, Hungry Ghosts, Labor Day Hunt, Thanks Sinning, Trick or Death, Three Dead Men Happy Dark Year and Spring Outbreak. They are all available on Amazon for less than a pound or dollar depending where you live!

In the 11th instalment of this epic Dark Celebrations Series we meet Fred Garcia a young man in the throes of bereavement but what he needs most ar
Sunshine Somerville
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Don't do it!" is something you often want to yell at characters in horror stories, and this young man needs that advice at every turn. At the same time, you get why he does what he does.
This short had a twist that you can kind of see coming because, well, Area 51 is mentioned. But the "Fatherly Object" part was something different that I wasn't expecting.
As with a lot of this author's shorts, this story was complete unto itself, but I also wanted to know more, like this could be an opening ch
Theresa Braun
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of Demmer's best stories to date! It's hard to discuss the piece without giving anything away, but I will tell you this--it's a gripping page turner. You will get sucked in and be amazed and horrified at the shocking conclusion. I particularly enjoyed Demmer's descriptions here. They are vivid and well-imagined. And, you will be left feeling haunted, and that something like this could really happen. The author's depiction of events is very convincing. Even if you don't buy into the sci-fi pr ...more
M.R. Tapia
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I hesitate less and less to read Demmer's work. The Dark Celebrations is something I contually look forward to with every nearing holiday. U.F.O. Is no different. Maybe my favorite of the collection yet. Sci-Fi usually carries hints of horror, and horror does Sci-Fi. U.F.O. does an exceptional job in blending both into a great thrill ride. Do not hesitate to join Fred in his search for his father, you won't regret it!
Sheilah
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a very odd tale. Kind of came out left field and was rather unexpected. I had a hard time feeling the fear, but I could roll with this tale. Its unnaturalness carried it.
Petr
Ana
Oct 15, 2018
Gene
Oct 27, 2018

• The Kennedy Boys Box Set (Books 4 - 7)
  • Maggie's Man (Family Secrets, #1)
  • Deadman's Tome: Monsters Exist
  • Dearest Clementine: Dark and Romantic Monstrous Tales
  • Hardened Hearts
  • Torn (Selfish Myths, #2)
  • The Guardian of Blackbird Inn
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • The Dead Zone
  • Scarlet Huntress
  • Find Me (Shatter Me, #4.5, #5.5)
  • Lullaby of Flames
  • Caged (Talented Saga, #2)
  • Talented (Talented Saga, #1)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Unite Me (Shatter Me, #1.5, #2.5)
Calvin Demmer is the author of The Sea Was a Fair Master and The Town That Feared Dusk. When not writing, he is intrigued by that which goes bump in the night and the sciences of our universe.