Start by marking “Going Down and Man Candy (Wish Upon A Stud, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Going Down and Man Candy (Wish Upon A Stud, #1-2)

Going Down and Man Candy

(Five Wishes #1-2)

Book 1: Going Down:
Marion MacAlister wants to nail her audition, not get nailed. Truly. Honestly. All right... maybe she does want to get nailed, but that's just because her hottie landlord and local diner owner Mack Ryan is confusing her. Can friends become lovers? Especially friends who might not even be friends in the first place?

Book 2: Man Candy:
Raine Harper is in
Published June 15th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Going Down and Man Candy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Down and Man Candy

Start your review of Going Down and Man Candy (Wish Upon A Stud, #1-2)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I have a new author to stalk! I absolutely loved these two short stories. It's full of silly humor, great banter and adorable characters.

Book 1 is Marion and Mack's story. They've been neighbors for 2 years and have been dancing around their mutual attraction until they both get stuck in an elevator where Mack finally makes a move.

Book 2 is Raine and Dirk's story. Raine has been desperately trying to get Wade Gates attention since middle school. Instead she gets the attention of a famous actor
Mamacita Slacum
DNF 60%

I. Just. Can't. Made it to 60% to count for my challenge. Gah. It was like pulling teeth!
Carvanz
Going Down

I absolutely LOVED this quick, spicy, cute as heck novella!!! Marion was so dramatic and quirky. I loved everything about her. She was completely adorable. Mack has been her not really friend land lord and diner operator that feeds her for two years. They have a snarky little relationship that borders on the edge of intense attraction that Marion has been trying to avoid. Now, her day just got derailed and Mack is there to help steer it in his direction.
There were so many laugh out
Kira Simion
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: got-for-free, 2017
It was cute at times, but also pretty immature. While it had adults in it, they all acted like children in a sitcom.

Also, this quote:

""You have a hot p***y. Like fire."" (I censored).

....Well then....
2.5 quick read (+some skimming) stars.
It would be 3.5 if the characters were more developed since they were 96% of the plot.
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

This was an okay read. This book has two novellas. I thought Going Down and Man Candy were both good story. They both could have been longer In my opinion. I thought the characters were good, but could have been more developed. The endings for both stories were sweet. I thought the stories had really good potential, just needed a bit more work. Overall, an alright read.

Mela
I liked the humour and the tension/dialogues. I have a nice time but they weren't novellas as it should have been.

The two stories have two parts:
1. when I met a girl and a guy and fed a little my romantic needs
2. sex scenes.

I can buy the love in "Going Down" (there was a time for growing before), but in "Man Candy" it could have been infatuation at most.

So, because of the wit, I will try more by Elise Sax, although I could live without such vivid sex scenes ;-)
Coco.V
Sep 17, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (9/17/2017)!

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
I think I finally found my new favorite author who could make me cackle out loud, cry hard and roll on the floor dying with laughing spasms. I had the impression that the author Elise Sax is actually a comedienne, and she had me laughing like there's no tomorrow with this book.

The first story, Going Down was downright hilarious, Marion McAlister was a walking disaster. She wished upon Esperanza's wishing well to nail her acting audition but ended up getting stuck inside the elevator, with Mack
Natasha
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
The premise of these stories was actually quite good. I liked the second story better than the first one. The hero and heroine in each story had great chemistry. I liked all of the characters instantly.

My biggest problem is the stories were too short. The first story needed more chapters at the beginning. The story was moving at a decent pace until the elevator scene. Once they got stuck in the elevator things progressed way too quickly for me. I needed more background information on both
Estella
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Going Down: Can friends become lovers? Marion MacAlister wants to nail her audition but she may want to get nailed by Mack Ryan.

This book was hilarious and I loved every minute of it. The characters a well-developed and the story was very relatable. Loved it.

Man Candy: Raine Harper is in love with Wade Gates. However, Wade likes women who are thin likes models which Raine was far from. When she overworks herself to catch Wade's eye, she passed out in the arms of superstar Dirk Adams. Dirk agrees
Ted Tayler
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Sax with everything"

I thoroughly enjoyed 'An Affair To Dismember', and I see no reason to change my opinions with this one. The story lines that precede the one-on-one action are well-written, funny, and SO true to life it hurts. Both stories follow a similar pattern, but why complain? It's supposed to be hot and escapist. It does exactly what it says on the tin. Enjoy.
Tracie R
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
4.5 Stars Funs, sexy read.
Going Down Mack and Marion have watched each other for two years now it time for the watching to stop and the fun to begin!!
Man Candy Raine wishes the man she loves love her back. When the last person she expected walks into her life she will soon learn that sometimes wishes do come true but are just not where you expect!!
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
4 stars for Going Down - though it was a bit over the top I did find it very amusing

2.5 stars for Man Candy - I don't particularly enjoy stories that focus on a woman's size as this one did. The heroines family were bonkers and funny though
Neil
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, romance
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

I have to say these books were ok.
Unfortunately the characters in both stories lacked depth and appeared childish in the extreme.
Easy to read and put down.
Susan
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved these stories! Two laugh out loud romances that I couldn't put down. Sweet, sexy, and makes me want more. I'm off to read the rest!

*ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.
Izzy
Jul 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
The heroines are air-heads, constantly babbling about random stuff in a lame attempt to be funny.
Karen Roma
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Star review.....

Going Down and Man Candy are two fabulous stories that start of the Five Wishes series. They make the reader laugh out load, smile continuously and simple put, they make you feel good!

I loved each and every character, the easy to follow plots, and the effortless ebb and flow of the authors dialogue. Ill definitely be reading more by Ms Sax.
JoAn
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Both of these stories were filled with swoon worthy heroes, fun and feisty heroines, laughter and sexy times. I can always rely on Ms. Sax to give a laughter filled story with a guaranteed HEA.
Pamela
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
In the first book, GOING DOWN, Marion MacAlister has one thing on her mind... her next audition. When she runs into sexy landlord, Mack, who just also happens to own the diner she loves to eat at, Marion is easily distracted from her goals. And when Mack lets her know he's interested... well, what's a girl to do, but go after what she really wants.

In book two, MAN CANDY, we meet the lovable best friend of Marion, Raine Harper. Raine has been in love with a classmate since she was young. She's
Lisa
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
These two stories are called "books", but each one is really a novella at average 60 pages each. "Going Down" is really, really terrible. Marion is a complete idiot, self-centered and clueless. Mick deserves much better, especially if he can find someone a bit taller. [tangent: Every time I read a book where there is a significant height difference between the h/h, I find myself distracted by thoughts of how the mechanics of the sexxing works. Because someone is going to be uncomfortable.]

"Man
Shivangi Rai
Dec 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
WTF did I just read.
I have a habit of obsessively reading anything and I never thought it could be this bad.
The entire book had NO story just weirdness.
The first book - Going down was still ok (one star is for that) but it was absurd. They were fighting one line and in the next making out. Two people who have fight-hate relationship out of no where start loving each other and want to get married in just 20 pages.
The second book - Man candy was EPIC FAIL!
The man fought with the bear. I won't even
Sandra G. Coffey
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay

The stories were good for both books, however, Marion in Going Down was totally obnoxious and too argumentative, don't know why Elise could not have made a better female character for Matt. Elaine in Man Candy was better and I feel this was the better book.
Pandora
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not my style

Ms. Sax has some fun ideas for stories but it be becomes all about sex, very vivid sex. Just not what I expected from this book.
Anniek
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Going Down

Marion has been trying to make it as an actress, but hasn't been having a lot of luck with her auditions. She does have a stable factor in her life though and goes to Mack's diner every day. He takes care of her and makes sure that she eats properly. Mack is also a very good looking man and Marion has been secretly in love with him ever since she met him two years ago. Will Marion be brave enough to confess how she truly feels?

Mack owns the local diner and is also Marion's landlord. He
Seraphia
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Going Down and Man Candy by Elise Sax are two novellas in her Five Wishes series. In Going Down, we are introduced to Marion. She is an aspiring actress with not much to lose. Shes behind in her rent and has no idea how shes going to make it. Using her lucky silver dollar she makes a wish at a fountain, which has a history of being a lucky wishing well, and wishes to ace the audition that she will be going to. Things do not go as planned for her by a long shot. Marion has a serious attraction to ...more
Melanie
Apr 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Oh. My. Goodness. I'm sorry, but these were SO BAD. I have no idea why I even finished, but I did. 🤦 That's on me.

Why were they bad? (All my reasons take into account that these are short stories)
1) everything in these stories was thrown at the reader with a "just go with it" attitude. Nothing made sense, or was explained, (or if it was explained, had to actually be believable), or was anywhere inside the realm of reality. Yes, I know this is fluffy romance. I totally dig fluffy romance. This
Melena Torretta
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, netgalley-arcs
This book comprises the first two novellas in the Five Wishes series.

I liked the characters and plot points that carried through from Going Down into Man Candy. I always enjoy books that build upon previous ones in the series and these did a great job of that so far.

Being novellas, the story moves along at a pretty fast clip, and there are some points I wish could have been developed more. Mostly, though, this is because I wanted to read more about their relationships and also about Raine's
Toni
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Really more like 2.5 Stars for Going Down &
2 Stars for Man Candy.

I liked the ending to Going Down, the suggestion they won the lottery and you get to assume what else happens from there.
The rest of the story was just okay. I got easily annoyed with her wishy-washy-ness. Pick an emotion and stick with it for longer than two seconds. The "intimate" scenes start with her jumping on him, literally. No chemistry for me. I think it's supposed to be funny, but that just didn't come across for me.
Jo-Anne
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I loved these RomComs! They are absolutely hilarious! I mean laugh-out-loud, tears in your eyes funny. And the characters were great. Going Down is with Marion and Mack who lived in the same building.They had been bickering for the past 2 years so its no wonder Marion didnt realize Mack loved her. Man Candy has Raine who wants to lose 30 pounds in 3 weeks. When she overdoes it and faints, sexy movie star, Dirk is there to catch her. Both men love the women for who they are. Just what every woman ...more
Kira Assad
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I have laughed so much in a story, not to mention this has two! Both Going Down and Man Candy were such fun and enjoyable reads I highly recommend checking them out! These are the first books by Elise Sax I have read, but I am happy I have been introduced to her stories. The female main characters from both books are outrageously funny in how they handle things, especially when nothing seems to go their way. And the men they fall for, let's just say their are good times ahead. Both ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Déjà Date (Better Date than Never #9)
  • Captured by Love Books 1-3 (Captured by Love #1-3)
  • After the Night (Romance for all Seasons, #1)
  • The Cinderella Hour
  • Getting Out of Hand (Sapphire Falls, #1)
  • Flirty Thirty (Nerdy Thirties. #1)
  • VIP (Billionaire Bachelors, #1)
  • Get Lucky (Lucky In Love, #1)
  • More Than This (The O'Learys, #1)
  • Trouble in a Tight Dress (Six Points Security, #1)
  • Brody's Redemption (Small Town Scandals #1)
  • Burn For Me (Into The Fire, #1)
  • Falling Free (Southerland Security #1)
  • Denied (Southern Alphas, #4)
  • Wild (The Wild Duet, #1)
  • The Prince's Bride (Royal Wedding Invitations, #1)
  • Heat Wave (The Magic Jukebox, #4)
  • Turn My World Around (Wishful, #6)
Elise Sax worked as a journalist for fifteen years, mostly in Paris, France. She took a detour from journalism and became a private investigator before trying her hand at writing fiction. She lives in Southern California with her two sons. An Affair to Dismember is her first novel.

Five Wishes (5 books)
  • Going Down (Wish Upon A  Stud, #1)
  • Man Candy (Wish Upon A Stud, #2)
  • Hot Wired (Wish Upon A Stud, #3)
  • Just Sacked (Wish Upon A Stud, #4)
  • Wicked Ride (Wish Upon A Stud, #5)