Start by marking “Akea - The Power of Destiny” as Want to Read:
Akea - The Power of Destiny

Akea - The Power of Destiny

Akea is born into a family of sled dogs and a life that follows a predictable path, but from the day she first sees the lone wolf, Kazakh, Akea knows her future lies beyond the safety of her home. Kazakh is well aware of Akea's destiny and the pack laws he will break to help her reach it. Regardless of the challenges ahead, he must make sure this young husky will be ready, ...more
Paperback, NEW, 84 pages
Published May 25th 2017 by i2ipublishing (first published September 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Akea - The Power of Destiny, please sign up.
Elizabeth Jade The next story in this series is 'Akea - His Mother's Son'. This story is currently in the editing phase. I would like to see more interest in The…moreThe next story in this series is 'Akea - His Mother's Son'. This story is currently in the editing phase. I would like to see more interest in The Power of Destiny before this new book goes to print, so please tell your friends and help,spread the word. Thank you.(less)

Dash fan
5☆ A Heartwarming and Enchanting read. I fell in Love with Akea

Akea is a beautifully compelling children's story about family, being different, fitting in and Love.
The Cover is gorgeous is just draws me in. There is something very magical and calming about huskys.

I can't tell you how much I adored reading this short story.
I love huskys and wolf's so I knew this book was going to be special and I wasn't wrong.
Huskys hold a very special place in my heart.

I don't want to delve too much into the pl
Leonard Tillerman
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reviews
Have you ever considered what it actually means to be "different"?  To step outside the norms of society and truly be yourself, despite the sideways glances, outright disapproval and criticism which may inevitably follow.  To be true to one's self undoubtedly requires a fair degree of courage and fortitude.  A willingness to persevere despite overwhelming odds.  Now apply this concept to the animal kingdom.  You will find that it is not really that much different.  Various groups of animals have ...more
Cathy Ryan
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, animals
From the moment she was born into her husky family, her father Kelleher knew Akea was different. She somehow stood out from the rest of the litter even though Kelleher didn’t know why. He only knew she was special. As the pups grew and were able to play outside, a lone wolf appeared on several occasions and watched from a distance. Akea was intrigued and felt drawn to the wolf, despite the firm warnings to stay away from her parents.

'Akea would always scan the edge of the woods in case the wolf
Donna Maguire

This is a nice and short book to read, I really enjoyed it!

The story is well written, it was easy to follow and I liked the combination of wolf and husky characters. The story is very engaging and I loved the setting and the pace of the story too.

This book will be ideal for middle school children, young adults and above.

4 stars from me – an enjoyable story!
Colin Garrow
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Born into a family of huskies, Akea soon realises that she is no ordinary dog. When the wolf Kazakh begins to visit her, Akea feels strangely drawn towards him and the wolfpack.

Elizabeth Jade is a young author who has a talent for writing stories. She has created a sensitive and heartening story that reminded me a lot of Jack London’s ‘Call of the Wild’. Her writing style is fresh and thoughtful with a good feel for plot and character. I loved the story arc, the language of the huskies and wolv
Jason Peters
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a smashing first story from Elizabeth Jade... Great to read a book with such engaging animal characters and plot twists! I very much enjoyed it.
Karen Cole
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Akea is a story which features huskies and wolves so I had to share it with my wolf-loving ten year old daughter. She has written her own review which you can find below my thoughts about the book.

Akea - The Power of Destiny is only a short book but there's certainly a lot packed into it! We first meet Akea as a newborn pup; even then her father could tell that she was special although he wasn't sure why. Her early days are straightforward until a wolf appears. Their owner's gun scares it off bu
Simon Leonard
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this on my own to make sure it was suitable for my daughter as she is slightly younger than the target audience of 8-12 year olds, as she is almost 5.  I don't think some bits of it are suitable so had to skip them.  Personally I would say the age recommendation is probably about right as there are some bits which younger children would probably not like much.

The book follows Akea a husky who knows she is different to her siblings and parents.  She doesn't know what until a wolf comes and
Jensen Reed
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a children's book, but it's still an interesting story. I loved the illustrations and the cover is gorgeous. I wish the transitions had been a little more elaborate but overall I would recommend this book to anyone in the appropriate age range :)
Jessica Bronder
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
On the day Akea was born it was clear that she was a special husky. When she sees a wolf in the forest she finds herself drawn to him against her parent’s wishes. After a fight between Kazakh and Akea’s father, Akea leaves with Kazakh. She learns that she has wolf blood in her and is very special. But the path that she is to walk is going to be hard before it gets better.

This is a wonderful story that would delight any kid or parent. I love hoe Akea is special and although she has challenges ahe
Robert Diaz
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written!

I really enjoyed reading Akea by Elizabeth Jade! It was action packed and exciting to read with my grandchildren. I enjoyed how she incorporated family values into a children's book! Well done Elizabeth!
Laura Reading
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: what-an-animal
A short yet satisfying tale about finding your own destiny and being true to your nature.
Akea was special from the moment she was born. She had obstacles to overcome but she never gave up.
April
Nov 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I heard about this book on Facebook, Ideas4writers. The author's mother was letting people know that her daughter's book was for sale on Amazon.

The author, is only 14, but that is not to say this book is just for kids, I loved this story. It had several twists that I did not see coming.

There were some grammatical errors, but they did not bother me as I read page after page.

Elizabeth Jade, in my opinion, is an author to watch.

Lucy-May
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Considering how stripped back the writing & plot of this book is, I thoroughly enjoyed it - I found myself engrossed in the story from the outset & before I knew it I’d finished it. Other than one scene that I felt was a little inappropriate, this book is great for young readers that have a love of a snow dogs & wolves.

I was sent this book by a blog tour organiser in return for an honest review.

Extended Review: https://wp.me/p8MbIo-2Bv
James Meservy
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Akea was an great adventure story, complete with fantastic illustrations.
I loved reading Akea's adventures, and her adventures.
Of course, my opinion is of course biased from my life-long love affair with Huskies and Wolves.
This book is full of both!
I look forward to sharing this story with my children, which is of course the best review I can give any title.
Dream Reader Kids
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is great! Animal lover’s will really enjoy following Akea on her amazing adventure.
Kyle Bagsby
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Story

This book was fantastic! A well written coming of age story by a talented author. Highly recommended read, cant wait for more!
Peter Perrin
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great little book. Well worth a read.
Catherine Edward
Lovely read!

I enjoyed reading this short children's story. I've found it via Book Connectors group in Facebook. And I'm glad I read this.

This story is about a husky Akea, who's intrigued by the strange wolf that often visits her. When she learns her owner is going to sell her, she takes off into the forest to be with the strange wolf.

There she learns her connection with the wolves and trains hard to become a part of them. But turns of events isn't favorable for her. She must fight against the o
N. Kimmage
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
. Simply beautiful

Wow what an epic journey in such a short time, this book is truly amazing. The characters are varied and the atmosphere of the book is a good range. This goes to show that, the things that make us different are the things that propel us forward. Truly magnificent.
Rebecca If Only I Could Read Faster
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: given
Akea- The Power of Destiny is a short book that can easily be read in an hour or so, but what an enjoyable hour it will be. I loved the story of Akea, a working husky who unknowing to her, also has some wolf in her.

I really don’t want to give the story away but what you will get is a wonderful story of love and friendship and loyalty, but also about being ourselves.

I gave Akea to my nieces to read, they are nine and ten. The ten year old felt that she was too old for the book, but she’s at that
Elizabeth Jade
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It still surprises me that I wrote this. It's so hard to put down once you start reading. There are some unexpected plot twists and the dramatic readings videos really give you a touch of atmosphere when reading the actual book. I'm busy working on editing book two.
Subhajit Das
Rachael Waldburger
Feb 26, 2019
Mary McFarland
Apr 04, 2019

Elizabeth Jade was born in 1998 in Northallerton, North Yorkshire, England, but moved with her family to Wellington in Somerset when she was very young. She has one older brother.

Elizabeth’s early schooling did not go smoothly, and as a result, she was homeschooled from the age of seven. Her parents soon learned she had a unique slant on life and quickly abandoned attempts to follow the national c