Start by marking “End Game” as Want to Read:
End Game

End Game

Online gaming, cosplay and a guy named Thorsday. Can Evie level up in her disastrous real life too?

A full length standalone romantic comedy from USA Today bestselling author, Lisa Swallow. If you think geek heroes can't be hot... think again!

He’s my knight in shining armour, but not the romantic kind a girl dreams about. This one invaded my online world and threw
Published June 15th 2017

To ask other readers questions about End Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about End Game

Start your review of End Game
Elle
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5* put a spell on you STARS!

My first gamer romance also first read from the author. I was so excited for this book because I never found with this theme. Mostly about hacker; but no gamer. Even it's a too fluffy for my taste, I surprisingly enjoyed it.

Evie Taylor spend most of her time (and money) for online gaming. Well, I understand her because I was in her position a long time ago. Gaming is very addictive and kinda 'dangerous'. But Evie is still going out and socialize if it isn't because
❤Bibi's Book Blog❤
End Game is a fun, adorable and easy to read novel, for those who enjoy their romances with a geeky theme.As a former gamer girl I'm always pleased when I find LitRPG books that are well researched, and stay true to the gaming community. The language and gaming encounters were explained and done so well, that even if you've never played an online game, there will be no problem keeping up with understanding the in-game part of the story.

Evie is down to earth, with a quirky and rebellious
Blue
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was refreshing, a storyline that hasn't been done to death! Really liked the writing style and enjoyed this overall.
Pelusa Rivera
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy and chose to review it. This is the second book that I have read from Lisa Swallow, but it definitely will not last. I enjoyed this book, and went thru a variety of emotions, anger, frustrations, sympathy, and joy. Poor Evie, she already had insecurities and anxieties, and then to go thru what she went thru with Aaron, I wanted to hurt him. Now, don't get me wrong, when he explained himself, I felt for him, I did however wish, he would have spoken sooner, she did not ...more
Diane
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
I'm not a gamer so I was a bit wary about a Gamer Romance. While I didn't understand all the aspects of the gaming I am enough of a geek to totally get the basics of the story. You don't have to know anything about gaming or nerds, geeks or cons to totally fall in love with Evie and Aaron and their journey both in the game and in real life. You are pulling for them to overcome the problem with living so far away and the issues of living in the real world but you know together they can make it.
Searcy
This one's kind of a guilty pleasure. If you like LitRPG and a little romance, this might be for you. The only part I wasn't a fan of was all the angst from Thorsday's prior relationship. But aside from that, he was pretty dreamy :)

No epic literature here, certainly. But a fun light read.
Amanda Lee
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book so much, I don't think I could love it any more. Evie is fantastic and I love when she finally met Aaron. It was humorous and the storyline flowed nicely. My emotions were all over the place as it continued, the characters are easy to connect with. You can't help but root for Evie and Aaron.

Added 2019: It's been 2 years since I read this the first time. I still really loved this fun gamer romance. I couldn't help falling for Aaron a second time around. Evie is very relatable;
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Thank you to Lisa Swallow for providing me with an ecopy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

Find this review and more on my blog The Rest Is Still Unwritten!

End Game is Lisa Swallow’s latest release and is a fun and adorable NA perfect for those who like their romances with a cheeky spark and geeky aura.

Twenty-one year old Evie loves to get lost amongst her favourite online game of sorcerers, mages and monsters. Every quest and level-up is exciting and keeps her from thinking about
Marnie
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Endgame: Where Evie’s sexy on-line character finds her perfect real life partner.

I FREAKING LOVED this book! Lisa Swallow writes, and I read. The End. And this book is no exception as again she changes direction within the romance genre with this gaming romance. What I know about gaming has only been gleaned from the impatient answers of my son as he concentrates on his character in the game, and voices on the other end of his headset. In reading this book, there is no previous experience
Louise Seraphim Reviews
At last! Something different has finally found it's way into the romance genre.
I badly needed something new and exciting to come along, and this was perfect! If you are bored of reading the same stories, tropes and cliches then this is something refreshing and exciting for you!!

So, before you read what type of book this is, and run away thinking it's not for you. Hold on! Yes, it's a gamer romance, and you may think you don't either like games, or understand game jargon, but don't worry, this
Anna Marie
I once read a book called 'Gaming for Keeps' and it was an MMRPG gaming romance. It. ROCKED. My. World. I loved that book. So when I came across this - another RPG gaming romance, I was geeked.

The gaming parts are awesome. The build-up to Edie and Aaron's relationship (in-game and IRL) was acceptable. But the tedious angst and drag of life that happens AFTER they connect just about killed me. It was not an interesting or attention-keeping book. It dragged down with misunderstandings,
litljen
*** I received an advanced copy and chose to review it ***
** 100% spoiler free review **

I'm a huge fan of Lisa Swallow's work and was excited to read End Game which is not my typical kind of story. I don't know much about gaming and have never experienced any kind of cosplay situations but I truly enjoyed this story and all of the gaming stuff that came along with it. Swallow does a wonderful job of explaining the game-speak so the reader understands what's going on throughout the story. Most of
Kate
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read an advance reading copy of End Game by Lisa Swallow and I really liked it. It has a lot of potential to be a solid and very intriguing romance. The copy I read needed some editing and polishing but perhaps that will be taken care of in subsequent editions.
I liked and was intrigued by the characters. There was a mysterious backstory that was beyond any theories I could come up with. The online gaming jargon and descriptions seemed authentic, although I wouldn't know. They weren't
Shelley Youngblood
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Swallow has captured my heart with her new Gamer Romance, End Game. Though I am not a gamer, I personally fell in love with the characters she wrote about. She managed to get me interested in gaming as well as the entire world around it. The way she portrayed their thoughts and enthusiasm for gaming had me intrigued. It didn't hurt that she also made geeky gamers become H-O-T! I would so want to meet Thorsday in real life!!!

Evie is an Australian on-line gamer who lives for leveling up and
Cathy
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by this author but it will NOT be my last. This is a different kind of romance in the fact that it blurs the line between online and the real world. Therefore a lot of this book takes place with them ONLINE and chatting through the one line role playing game.

Evie though is friends with a lot of the guys in real life, until she meets Thorsday when he joins their group. He lives in a different city, but because of how he joins she has an instant dislike for him. But
Sherri Babb
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book that I have read by Lisa Swallow. This book was WOW !! I have to admit that there was some gaming references that I totally did not understand but it did not take away from the book at all. This book is a page turner. Evie tries to hide herself in the game world to avoid living her life. She is more assertive in the game world then in real life. Aaron is just plain hiding in the game world because for him life in the real world is way to hard. Evie and Aaron first meet ...more
Liz
I am a World of Warcraft widow; as such I understand most of what is discussed relative to the game described in this book. HOWEVER, if I didn't know about all of this, I would probably be extremely annoyed. In fact, it feels like it overshadows the actual relationships in the book.

Evie meets Aaron after she games with him online and they all attend a comic-con. They're instantly attracted once they meet in person, but he lives in Sydney and she and all the friends/guildies in Perth. She lives
Kim
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided for honest review.
So, I got a kick out of the online play scenes because I’ve heard the lingo and arguing in my own house. I do think they could have left it behind once in reality, but then again, I’ve never been a hardcore gamer.
Evie was funny, snarky, but insecure. I do wish she had been a little less needy. I felt like she may throw herself off a cliff if Aaron didn’t return her affection. I just wanted her to be stronger, and to not wallow around in misery over a guy she didn’
Ana Theresa
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhh! Their story was just perf and had an easy-vibe to read. It's refreshing for me to read a gamer's romance but I had a lot of fun reading this book. Their banters and the way the tease each other. I wish I had friends like Cole, Tyler and Erin. Anyway, Evie and Aaron's first "meeting" was amusing since they bantered a lot and started off the wrong foot but I was glad they had their late night or early morning chats and gotten closer somehow. Their relationship was hot and chill at the same ...more
Katy Roxburgh
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lisa kindly sent me an ARC for this book; she asked for non-gamers' perspectives and as to whether the gaming references made it too difficult to follow the story. Now, there are gaming references in there, which I do not understand at all, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the book at all. I identified with the Erin character who is also a non-gamer for most of the book. I love Lisa's writing style and have read everything she has published. She manages to draw me in and makes it very ...more
Charlotte
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really good!

I loved how original this book was. There aren't many gamer romances out there (that I've found) although I'm.sure it will become more popular. Being a gamer myself I really enjoyed the way the story brought these elements into the romance and I felt the story along with the characters. I don't think you need to ba a gamer to enjoy it though as this part doesn't overwhelm the 'real life' elements. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes thier romance with an original plotline :)
Juliana Ignácio
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I read by Lisa Swallow and I loved the story!
I don't understand anything about games at all, but that didn't stop me from understanding and loving this story. The story held my attention all the time.
I loved Evie and her passion for games, although it's her "weapon" to avoid living her real life. When Aaron appears in her virtual world, things get very interesting because he challenges her in his game.
I fell in love with the characters and their story to finally find true
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
As an MMORPG gamer myself, I loved reading about things that I relate to. Evie and Aaron have some reluctant chemistry online but in person they definitely create sparks. The plot was interesting and a bit dramatic. I'm not a huge fan of how Aaron behaved at times and that made it a little harder to believe his feelings genuine. However, I did like his attempt at making up for his mistakes and his banter/exchanges with Evie. I'd say it's definitely a story for the YA/NA lovers. You don't have to ...more
Rachel
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh!!! I totally loved this book!!!
The chemistry between Evie and Aaron is hot and their quirkiness is hilarious. As a gamer myself, I loved all their interactions in game and loved how that was a facet of their relationship. They both grew as the story progressed and I liked how the author ended the book. I really hope the author writes more books in this world as the secondary characters were fun too. Loved the author's writing style and will definitely be reading more works by her.

Eva Wiggers Holmbom
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For a girl like me, who plays WoW, i loved this book.
Its funny and so real to life... okay, maybe not every guy playing the game is a Thor, but the way they speak to each other irl about the game is so real to how it is in my guild.
One thing i will say, is Im not sure i loved how easy she forgives him, but i loved they romance. Its a sweet romance and i love that shes a "pig", even if she is a little to pretty for the amount of junk she eats and drinks and doesnt do anything to loose weight.
Roger
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
End Game: A Gamer Romance was my first read from author Lisa Swallow and it was a good one. Typical romance I thought as I started reading, set in a gamer’s environment and for a while it followed through like that. Then a good read changed to a have to turn the next page with a twist of the author’s pen. No spoilers here though, you’ll have to read the book ad I did, and I’ll be reading more from Lisa Swallow, in fact I already own a couple of more books by her.
Paige
Cute, gamer , HEA story.
I liked it a lot, Evie and Aaron / sin and Thorsday find their online and real world boundaries getting blurred when Aaron arrives in Perth ( from Sydney) to meet up with his online gaming friends. They pretty much go from online dislike to real life lust ,then need to navigate around the obstacles and painful pasts to find their happily ever after.
There are a few spelling errors but nothing overtly annoying.
Another great read from Lisa Swallow
Claire Phoenix
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Janet Rainey
A clever mix of gaming nods mixed with real life drama, readable and understandable to those outside of fandoms and gaming groups as there are not too many techy terms. A few nice one liners, I enjoyed the humour very much.

Spoiler alert: the cover models on the jacket don't match the descriptions of the main characters (which annoys me a little).
Rebecca
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story

Good read for nerds & fangirls alike. Definitely not the average kind of romance, which immediately piqued my interest being that the book revolves around online gaming. Even if you're not a gamer, it's easy to keep up with the story & lingo that's used. My first read from this author but I wasn't disappointed!

• Uptown Girl (Sexy Jerk World, #0.5)
  • After Our Kiss
  • Soul Hunter Academy (The Soul Hunter Series Book 1)
  • Nightworld Academy: Term Four
  • Catching Mr. Right
  • Shame (Shame Me Not, #1)
  • Play (Play, #1)
  • Writing Mr. Right
  • Make It to the Altar (Shame Me Not #1.5)
  • A Pizza My Heart (Slice, #1)
  • Down We'll Come, Baby
  • Sexy Jerk (Sexy Jerk World, #1)
  • Perfectly Aligned
  • Schooled (Travesty, #1)
  • The Wrong Prince Charming
  • Nightworld Academy: Term Two
  • Dragon's Curse (Blood Prophecy, #2)
  • Wolf Tamer (Claiming My Pack #1)
I am unable to read/answer GR messages at present.
Please feel free to contact me by email at lisa_writes@ymail.com
It's unfortunately become difficult to keep up with requests/messages made via various social media sites.
Thank you so much for understanding! :)

Lisa is an author of new adult romance and writes both paranormal and contemporary, often with a side of snark.
Lisa is originally from the UK
“Hills roll as far as the eye—graphics card—can see, filled” 0 likes