Start by marking “Two Halves Whole (Half Sans Halo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Two Halves Whole (Half Sans Halo, #2)

Two Halves Whole

(Hafu Sans Halo #2)

Seventeen-year-old Ryu Debiru thought he had everything under control, thought he knew exactly where his life was headed after graduation (assuming he makes it to graduation).

That was until the girl he hated became the girl he could no longer ignore.

Perhaps his secret life is no longer something he can keep secret.

Or maybe it is.

Although, it seems like the entire city is
Paperback, 1
Published November 20th 2017 by Abielle-à-Miel Press (first published November 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Two Halves Whole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Halves Whole

Hamad
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating 3.5 stars

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this in exchange of an honest review

I like reading for new authors every now and then because I believe everyone deserves a chance. Sometimes I am happy doing that, sometimes I am not. Well, this time I am glad that it worked ^-^

This is the second part in the Hafu Sans Halo, Judge by the Cover being the first.
To be honest, the story at first sounded cliched and it took me some pages to get into, but there was a nice plot twist that I didn't
Melissa Abigail
Oct 28, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: coming-of-age
I got this pretty awesome 5-star review from Jack Magnus of Readers' Favorite, so I thought I'd share it here:

"While the author gives enough background information to allow this book to be read on its own, I would advise that readers begin with the first book in the series, Judge by the Cover, to get the full impact of this engrossing and powerful tale. Haruna was still processing the fact that Ryu was not at all the irresponsible bad boy she had imagined him to be before their joint English pro
Rebecca
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I definitely enjoyed reading the second installment in this series. I tend to get somewhat frustrated with slower works, such as the first piece, but this book managed to bring a lot more in depth and intrigue. In the last book, we left off right as Ryu and Haruna were making amends, but things never stay perfect for long. Ryu's path as a young gangster is certain to mess things up sometime.

There's something to be said about how the book manages to address racism. In the past, young adult litera
Mimi11
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two Halves Whole by Melissa Abigail
The sequel to Judge by the Cover is perhaps even better than the first because the intrigue continues. I could not wait for the second part, and the author did not disappoint.

Thrown into a world of privilege on one hand, and loss on the other, the teens struggle not only with issues of school, friends, and relationships but gangs and danger. Who can they trust if not the adults in their lives? It’s a difficult situation made real and more emotional when they be
Heather S.
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Abigail’s sequel, “Two Halves Whole,” in the Half Sans Solo Series is well written, intriguing and thought provoking. The reader is reunited with Ryu and Haruna, two teenagers who find they are more alike than they initially thought. As their connection deepens this places them in a precarious situation that also unlocks secrets from their past. The book is fast paced with many unanticipated twists and turns which keeps the reader engaged until the end. Although there are currently only ...more
Yolisa
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Haruna and Ryu,very interesting characters from seemingly two different backgrounds.Once enemies,then something happened that changed their attitudes towards each other.
How do they then mingle and match their different upbringing to become one and fight on the same side?it's not an easy task to accomplish.
Liana
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed book two in this series. I feel like book one and two should be combined into one book. Not much happens in book one until the end but book two is much more fast paced. I enjoyed how everything came together and the flashbacks into what happened to the kids and their parents in the past.
H
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Given that I read the first book - Judge by the Cover, I was so intrigued by the themes of the series, and I got very pleased with the latter. The author's honest groundbreaking presentation of the story is so dazzling and triggering towards powerful regards.

I will put it down shortly, in specie regarding the rollicking wit amongst Ryu and Haruna: I find it extraordinarily in the spot, hilarious, brilliant, and charming! I am thoroughly swooned by the perfect balance amongst thee of meet cute an
Nikki
rated it did not like it
Jul 19, 2019
April
Silvia Demmy
Raghad Muath
Jun 24, 2019

Melissa Abigail was born in the southern U.S.A. to South American parents, lived in the borough of Brooklyn, N.Y., and was raised in the suburbs of southern Ontario. A citizen of the world, she’s managed to fit in nowhere in particular but everywhere at the same time. A lifelong writer, creator and artist, she embraces thought-provoking ideas and diversity in film, fiction & life.

Hafu Sans Halo (2 books)
  • Judge by the Cover (Half Sans Halo #1)
“Maybe it's not true, but no one cares about truth—they only care about what they think.” 0 likes
“You’d think you’d know when something smells bad;
But if you’ve lived among sewage your whole life, bad smells are normal.
Everything else seems to smell the same—
even the purest, freshest breeze.”
0 likes