Start by marking “One Love (One & Only Book 4)” as Want to Read:
One Love (One & Only Book 4)

One Love (Cabin Fever (One & Only) #4)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  321 Ratings  ·  89 Reviews
Mackenzie Walker is attempting to enjoy the last of her siblings’ weddings when her long-lost first love, Alexander “Zan” Elliott, crashes the reception. During the last ten years she’s cultivated her reputation as tough and unsentimental, but one glimpse of Zan softens her heart and sets her pulse racing. But he claims to be a short-timer in the area and she’ll never admi ...more
Published July 18th 2017 (first published January 26th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about One Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Love

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Dear Lord … why haven’t I read this series before now? Christie Ridgway just drew me into this wonderful tale of love lost and then found again. Of course, there are quite a few hiccups along the way but they just made everything a little more interesting. But, of course there is a but, Mackenzie and I didn’t see eye to eye through most of the story. In fact, I kind of really, really disliked her a lot until the end.

Talk about holding a grudge. I think Mackenzie is the president of the grudge-ho
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at SmexyBooks-http://smexybooks.com/2016/01/review-...

Keep On Loving You is a second chance romance that promises a lot but for me didn’t deliver. The beginning is promising. A woman sees her first love at her sister’s wedding. The man who walked away from her ten years ago and never looked back. She doesn’t fall at his feet or try to push to recreate the past. She treats him like a person she used to love and now no longer does. Which is to be expected. There is anger, frustra
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Keep On Loving You By Christie Ridgway

NetGalley, Arc received for an Honest Review

Keep on Loving you is the fourth story in the cabin fever series, i didn't realize this when i requested it.

Its a second chance romance, that i didn't connect well with.

I would really recommend to read the other stories before this one, i felt lost and should have realized it wasn't a standalone. there are lots of characters.

Mac and Zan dated 10 years ago, then he took off and its taken her 10 years to get over him
Isha Coleman
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
When you find yourself crying and don't remember feeling the teardrops fall, is the moment that a reader realizes something special just happened. That's what One Love proves to be. Something special. Ms. Ridgway delivers two deeply moving romances in a pocket-sized work of art. The Walkers are hardworking people that find trust a hard emotion, but once they let someone into their world they do so wholeheartedly. Zan considered himself an honorary Walker. In them he found the family he craved an ...more
Susan
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A terrific conclusion to the series. Zan has been a background character in all the books, the friend who left town for parts unknown. The only contact has been the occasional postcard sent to Mac, with no message other than the letter Z. After ten years away, Zan has returned to settle his grandfather's estate.

When Zan was a boy, he lost his entire family in an airplane crash. He was sent to live with his grandfather, where he met the Walkers. The lonely boy became a "brother of the heart" to t
Christi Snow
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review:

Ten years. 117 empty postcards with only the letter "Z". No way for anyone to reach him. No way to know what was happening in his life. He left with only a single day's notice...and it broke Mac.

If I were in Mac's shoes, I'm not so sure I could have been so forgiving, because what Zan did was cruel, with leaving her like that. But the postcards made it so she couldn't ever move on and I think I would have found that unforgivable. Mac deserved so much more.

And I get it. Zan was broken
Terri
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I won a copy of this book in a giveaway on Goodreads. In exchange I will offer my honest review.

I will start by mentioning my favorite part of this book. It was the story of Tilda and Ash. Not mentioned anywhere in the synopsis, it was essentially a secondary plot within the story. I found myself anxiously waiting for the storyline to keep going back to these two. In every way I found these characters more interesting than Ma
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
One Love is the second book that I have read by Christie Ridgway and it is the fourth book in the One & Only series. Ridgway's writing style may have been a slow start for me to get use to, but in her last book she left me with a want to find out more of the amazing Walker family. I just had to know more about Mac and Zan's story and that comes down to amazing writing that has a way of drawing me in emotionally.

Mackenzie Walker is the oldest sister in this close-knit group of siblings, she
Cheryl Whitty
One love, is book four and last in the series. This is Mac and Zan’s story, they had grown up together and then became an item before Zan went off to be a documentary film maker and traveled the world. It is now ten years later and he has come back to Walker Mountain to settle his grandfather’s affairs.
The Walkers are a large and close family, all the siblings have found their loves except Mac and it has left her very bitter and Zan coming back and wanting her back in his bed is not helping. I b
Amber
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another one of my favorite type of books. The girl gets her heartbroken, turns into super tough woman. Mac had hardened her heart and her resolve after her boyfriend Zan broke her heart. She's tried and failed to have other relationships and so she's done with it. Zan comes back into town, excited to see Mac and eager to pick up where their romance ended. But Zan still doesn't plan on staying in town and Mac doesn't want to be a fling.

I love Christie Ridgway's writing and it's been one I've rea
Georgiann Hennelly
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One Love is the fourth and last book in the series. This is Mac and Zan's story. They had dated in High School than Zan left for ten years to pursue his career. So when Zan comes back to settle his Grand Fathers estate Mac whats nothing to do with him after all he broke her heart once. But Zan wants to pick things back up where they left off. But he also tells Mac he plans to leave again and never come back. Should Mac take a chance and take him back on his terms? Or should she leave him alone f ...more
Eileen
Keep on Loving You by Christie Ridgway is Book 4 in her Cabin Fever series. This is Mac (Mackenzie) Walker’s story. Mac is the oldest sister who runs who own business, Maids by Mac. Over the last ten years she has received 117 postcards from Zan, her first love.

Zan is Alexander Elliot who returns after a ten year absence to manage his late grandfather’s estate. Zan was forced to live with his grandfather as a child after his family died in an airplane crash. Brett, the eldest Walker, invited Zan
Danielle
I really wanted to love this book but I found myself struggling to get into and then to finish it. Mac and Zan dated 10 years ago but they also were childhood friends. Then one day he decides he wants to leave the mountain and heads all around the world.

Zan sends Mac a post card from the many places he has been but he doesn't leave a note or a return address. It's just signed Z. For 10 years Mac doesn't think she will see her first love again. But then he shows up to settle his grandfathers est
Kimberly
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

3.75 Hearts This is the final story about the Walkers. To be honest I am not sure if there will be another in the series but the Walkers have had their turn and Mac was the last holdout. But now we have her story. And it is a story of second chances and first loves.

Mac and Zan were the IT couple 10 years ago but then Zan walked away and never really looked back. But even while gone he kept Mac tied to him by sending postcards from all over the world which
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I used to read this author all the time but tastes change and I moved on to different style books. However, not long ago I noticed one of her books on the 100 Free List and I gave it a go but it was written more like a YA/NA book and I hardly recognised Ridgway's style of writing anymore. Seeing this book on Netgalley, I decided to give it a go although I had not read the other books in the series which I think would be advised as there are a lot of characters.

Zan and Mac dated 10 years ago then
Kristy
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keep On Loving You by Christie Ridgway was the last book in the Cabin Fever series. You finally get the story of Mac and Zan. I really enjoyed this second chance story. I wanted Zan to wise up sooner, see the light sooner, and pay a little more. But in the end, I think this is a story that proves that love heals, no matter how long it takes.
Ann Green
If you love a good "second chance" love story, this is a sweet read with real chemistry between the characters and some unique subplots. It could have been a great read if I had liked Zan a bit more, but I was still rooting for him and "Mac" to reunite and erase the 10 long years since they were together. As the details between the sporadic postcards signed with a "Z" are fleshed out, the stage is set for a possible happily ever after for this reunited couple.
Alice Lescault
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finished this last night and I loved it. This saga of the Walker clan has been terrific. It grabbed me right from the start with Poppy's story in Take My Breath Away and didn't let up through this concluding book. Zan's struggle to own up to being loved was beautifully written and grabbed me in the heart. I enthusiastically recommend this book, in fact the entire series.
Lisa
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an Advanced Reader Copy, and I'm leaving a voluntarily review.

This is another great story by Christie Ridgway. One Love is the fourth book in her “One & Only” series. There are three books ahead of this one, but it can be very easily read as a stand-alone. Even though the other characters are a part of this book, the author gives us enough information that we can enjoy the story without having read the other books.

This is the story of Mac and Zan. Mac and Zan were a couple when th
JoAnna G
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book four in the One and Only series. It can be read as a standalone, but I wouldn't so you can get the whole experience and dynamic. This is Mackenzie “Mac” Walker’s and Alexander “Zan” Elliott. A great second chance romance more than ten years in the making.

Mac is the oldest sister in the Walker family. She has been in love with Zan forever. He is her one and only. He is an honorary member of the family. “The Brother of Heart”. He is close to the oldest Walker, Brett when he dragged h
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
It's been ten years, but when Alexander "Zan" Elliott walked back into Mackenzie "Mac" Walkers life it felt like a punch to the gut as the emotions swept over her.

Ten years ago Zan walked out and never made any promises that he'd be back, effectively taking Mac's heart with her. He may not have made any promises to return, but with each year he was away a postcard would arrive from an unknown destination, with no return address, signed only -Z.

Mac had not way of reaching out to him, no way of tr
Susan
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I give One Love 5 stars for making me happy. I went through many emotions with Mac and Zan from being peeved to extreme happiness and many in between. I felt her pain in his abandonment and his in the loss of his family. I felt their resistance to letting the other in but most of all I felt the happiness once they truly discovered their path. I felt sorry they lost ten years but sometimes you need separation to discover what the heart wants.

Christie Ridgway is a new author to me even though she
Eileen
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading One Love by Christie Ridgway is book four in her One and Only series. This is Mac (Mackenzie) Walker’s story. Mac is the oldest sister who runs who own business, Maids by Mac. Over the last ten years she has received 117 postcards from Zan, her first love.

Marcia
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in the series. Mackenzie Walker, the oldest sister of the Walker clan, has watched as her two younger sisters, her older brother and even her cousin fall in love and are either married or soon will be. While this is Mac's story, her boisterous family is always near and present.

Mac has loved Zan, her one and only, since big brother Brett dragged him home one day and the whole family embraced him as "a brother of the heart". As they got older, Mac and Zan did more then jus
Cathy
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author, and while it is book 4 in the series I did not at all feel lost while reading, so very much a stand alone. This book is about Mackenzie Walker the oldest sister of the family and her long lost love from 10 years ago Alexander (Zan) Elliott.

He gave her no notice other then he was leaving in the morning and that was 10 years ago, and all she heard from him was in 117 postcards from his world travels with only Z written on them. I think heartbroke
Sassy Southern
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It must be hard to write related characters that belong to a series-each one must be even more amazing than the next, and you must always keep the reader wanting to know more and more about everything about the family-including where they are from. I can count on one hand how many family series I have given 5 stars too-and Christie Ridgeway now takes a spot on that list.
I loved this book-and every other book before it. I loved hearing about the mountains, their mother and father, and the charac
Pam
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful end to the Walker saga! Mac Walker has watched each of her siblings struggle, fall in love & start a new life with their significant other. Ten years ago she had her chance but Zan walked out of her life. Every time she starts to recover, another postcard arrives with no message, just the initial Z. She's decided she'll be alone forever because she isn't going to open her heart again.

Zan has come back to Blue Arrow Lake after his grandfather died to settle up the estate. He
Deb Fernow
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth of the stories in the series and finishes the Walker stories with Mackenzie, the oldest. Christie Ridgway has a way of writing that keeps you coming back for more and surprises you each time. The stories are always fun to read and never seem to duplicate the stories so that you can predict how things will happen, yet you also know the HEA will come!

Mackenzie Walker doesn’t need a man, doesn’t trust them and has no use for them much. She was dumped by her high school sweetheart
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Oh boy did this book give me all the feels. I cried huge tears of sadness, acceptance, love, heartbreak and joy. The deep feelings were sucked out of my soul and, I think, out of my tear ducts!

This is the fourth book about the four siblings, Mac, Brett, Shay and Poppy along with their partners; such a lovely family, the Walkers are so strong. We get to catch up with the weddings of Shay and Poppy and all the details of their lives. This is predominantly Mac and Zan's story, although I feel like
Kimberly
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
One Love by Christie Ridgway is the fourth book in the One & Only -Cabin Fever Series. I have not read the other books in the series so I was a little lost as to who all the characters were but I tried my best to place them as the story went on.

Mac Walker is a bridesmaid at her brother’s wedding. While there, Mac thinks she sees her high school sweetheart, Zan, whom she has never moved on from. Their love is legendary around town.

After Zan left town ten years ago to get rid of his demons and
  • A Christmas Homecoming (Bar V5 Dude Ranch #5)
  • Some Girls Lie (Outback Heat, #4)
  • Recipe for Kisses (Colorado Hearts #2)
  • Just Kiss Me
  • A Wrong Bed Christmas: Ignited / Where There's Smoke (The Wrong Bed, #73)
  • One Night Charmer (Copper Ridge, #4)
  • Homecoming (Boys of Fall, #3)
  • Quiet Neighbors
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
  • The Cowboy Way: A Creed in Stone Creek\Part Time Cowboy
  • A Winter Wedding (Whiskey Creek, #9)
  • On the Rocks (Turtle Island, #3)
  • Running Wild (Sisterhood Diaries, #4)
  • Taming Tammy (Pleasure, Montana, #5)
  • South Village Singles Collection: Roughing It with Ryan\Tangling with Ty\Messing with Mac
  • A Yorkshire Christmas (Christmas Around the World Series, #2)
  • Christmas in Eternity Springs (Eternity Springs #12)
  • Get a Clue! (Lizzie McGuire Mysteries, #1)

Cabin Fever (One & Only) (4 books)
  • Take My Breath Away (Cabin Fever, #1)
  • Make Me Lose Control (Cabin Fever, #2)
  • Can't Fight This Feeling (Cabin Fever, #3)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49