Start by marking “Force of Nature (Coming About, #4)” as Want to Read:
Force of Nature (Coming About, #4)

Force of Nature

(Coming About #4)

Everyone knows that bonds formed under extreme circumstances never last.

Harbor Patrol officer Neal Hesse has had his life turned upside down by a sudden break-up with his partner of ten years. After sleeping his way through Seattle failed to take his mind off his broken heart, he decides to take a leave of absence from work to find himself again. He hires a professional
Kindle Edition, 1, 276 pages
Published July 4th 2017 by Euphoria Press (first published June 29th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Force of Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Force of Nature

Start your review of Force of Nature (Coming About, #4)
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
What should I talk about first?

*Jeopardy theme plays in the background*

Oh alright, let's start with the dub con thing. Lookit, I freely admit that I am a filthy perv and prolly unreliable in most respects when it comes to consent but... this wasn't dub con. Did their first time go down weirdly? Yeah, you bet. Was I expecting Neal to be that dude? No, I wasn't. But dub con? No. Not in my book. Not when they have a quick convo about barebacking before any penetration occurred. Certainly Rock w
Jay
Jun 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
Note: Force of Nature contains a scene of dubious consent that is not suggested by or advised by its blurb. This review contains details about this scene and its lead-up that some may consider spoilery. -- EDIT: After posting my review, a trigger warning has now been added to the blurb here on Goodreads as well as on at least one retail site I checked. I wish it had been there beforehand.

0 stars (DNF @ 35%) – I'm going to be blunt. I'm angry about and disgusted by Force of Nature on a level I've
Fabi
This is book 4 in a series. I haven't read the first 3. My bad. There is lots of mention of previous characters and their stories. Those of you who've read them will enjoy the appearances.

This one was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Some parts I really enjoyed. Funny banter is my happy place. A few other parts felt inconsistent to me. I struggled to overcome them and continue reading the story.

Neal is recently out of a 10 year relationship. He has a great group of gay friends who force him out of h
I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns
Soooooo many thoughts 😬😬😬!! In the meantime let me just say I am THROWING A BAJILLION STARS at this one ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!! Loved, loved, LOVED this book!! HIGHLY recommended ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️😬😬😬😬😬!!
My updates are a BIG part of what I’ll be saying and trust me, I’ll share my thoughts very very soon!! But again, this book gets a sky FULL of stars ❤️❤️❤️!! Wow, just WOW!!

Read this ALL NIGHT in one sitting (I just could not put this down), so I need to go to bed now :-P!! Yes, THAT go
Sandra
3.5 stars, rounded up.

This is Neal Hesse's book. While it's not my favorite in the series (that was Rory's book), I think this was still a solid novel.

I had a couple of niggles, but I would classify them as minor.

The primary location for this book is in the North Cascades mountains; the rugged terrain poses multiple opportunities for the men to get into some serious, life-threatening situations.

Neal Hesse is a harbor patrol officer. After a bad break-up with his partner of 10 years, Neal is a bi
Christy
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, arc, on-my-kindle
Neal’s story is the first one of the series where the other main character isn’t a part of the Rory, Bennett, Justice, Nic, Rich, and Patrick crew, so I was eagerly anticipating it. Plus, the description is hot, I’ve spent a lot of time in the Cascades, and Rock sounded like a great partner for Neal. If only the two stubborn men could work through their issues.

Neal’s long-term relationship of ten years just ended six months before and it has left him feeling very lost, a little insecure, and un
Sadonna
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

This is my least favorite book in the series. That being said, Ms. Hogan knows how to tell a story. I just didn't enjoy these characters or their story as much as the others in Coming About.

Neal has just come off of a bad breakup of a 10 year relationship. His ex - Tony - is a total asshat who not only took him for granted, he never consulted him about anything. Neal's friends all agree that Neal needs to shake things up a bit and his answer is to do a survival trip with a YouTube st
Laura ~Passion flower
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, mm-romance
Force of Nature (Coming About, #4) (ARC) was graciously provided to me by IndiGo for an honest review.

"The Peace of Being Oneself.."

SQUEEEE! And may I add YESSSS! *air fist pump* I am beyond excited to read yet another book by the author, J.K. Hogan. I recently read, Boys Don't Cry, and..let me just say, I was blown away by that book. Blown away. It was a rare five-star review for me. And, now....I have another opportunity to read one of this one-click author's books? Yes, please!

Can I j
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

This was a disappointment for me. I really enjoy reading this series and seeing real people connect and fall in love despite their past histories. It is stated in the blurb about dubious consent. I for one am okay with it. Or I thought I was, but when the scene came out of nowhere I was about perturbed. See, I didn't see ANY kind of connection between the two guys, and it seemed so out of Neal's character that I was blown away. No it isn't the reason for the low rating, the characters p
ReadingAllNite
Jul 21, 2018 marked it as dnf-not-for-me
33% killed the whole book for me. There’s a warning about a scene “that seems like dub-con”. It certainly does and despite the fact that Neal didn’t intend to follow through until Travis responded (non-verbally), for him to even pretend he would assault him like that ruined his character for me. Fuck!
Suzanne Ellis
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh man, I don''t even really know where to start with this book. I absolutely LOVED it. The writing was done extremely well, and the crafting of the story made the reading go so fast that I was finished before I was ready to let these characters go.
Neal Hesse, a harbor patrol police officer in Seattle, is struggling with feeling thrown away by his significant other after 10 years together.
So he decides to take some time off for himself after realizing that sleeping with random people was not fix
Candice
This wasn't my favorite of the series and I'm bummed to say that. I really liked Neal, but Rock not so much. Not sure why, but he rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe because he was an asshole to Neal?

I LOVED the setting.

With Neal and Rock, I never really bought their relationship. At the end, I still thought Neal was still hung up on his previous relationship. I think if this was a little longer and Neal and Rock had more time together as a couple, I could believe in it.

I did read this while drivin
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
So…I have loved every book in this series. They have all been 5 star reads for me and made me a fan for life of Ms. Hogan. So I went into this book blind knowing I would love it, but I only kind of liked it. And there was ONE scene which completely shocked me and soured my stomach. I debated the star rating, but I'm giving it 3 stars since there are things I do like about the book.

I apologize if this review is too spoilery but I was kind of devastated by the scene I mentioned above and I feel l
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
There are things I really enjoyed in this book and things that I didn't.

First off, that cover and that blurb will really suck you in.
I highly enjoyed the adventure aspect of this book. Neal's life was a bit turned upside down after his partner of 10 years decided to move across the country. Being surrounded by his friends who were so happy (not that he wasn't happy for them) just made him feel even more bad about himself and his situation. He decides to take a guided wilderness tour in the Cas
Stacey Jo
Neal Hesse is a police office whose not dealing well with the end of a relationship. He's wanting to rediscover himself so he schedules a week-long, challenging survival hike with Travis "Rock" McCreary's company. Travis is in the process of trying to get a show of his own on TV. Both guys are attracted to each other but neither is willing to let on how they feel because a cop and an ex-Army Ranger couldn't possibly be attracted to each other. There is a lot of sexual tension between the two. Tr ...more
Alicia
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
-3.5 stars-

This was a good edition to the series, and for the most part I enjoyed the read. The MCS first meet when Neal accidentally knocks Travis in to a waterfall. Travis lectures him about how he doesn't belong out on the trail, leading Neal to enrol in a wilderness survival trip, which he also uses to get back on his feet and find himself after his recent break up. When he rocks up for the trip, he discovers that his guide is none other than Travis (Rock). What starts off as the two guys ha
Melanie
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words review
Rating: 3 stars out of 5

2 stars for the characters and disaster in the middle
4 stars out of 5 for the survival and nature parts

(really I wavered here, at points it was 2 for inconsistencies, others 4 for accuracy=what a strange story)

For the full review visit http://wp.me/p220KL-b8E

From that review: " Force of Nature (Coming About #4) by J.K. Hogan was such a strange and potentially upsetting book to read.  On one side, the author did a tremendous job o
Elle
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok addition to the series

I've followed this series from the beginning and it was nice to catch up with characters from previous books. On the whole, I liked this one. Both Neal and Travis appealed to me from the word go and I enjoyed following the development of their relationship, and the background against which it was set. The sex was hot, however, the way it all began didn't sit well with me, totally unrealistic. I know it's fiction, but what Neal did was pretty brainless, it definitely too
Kim
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha, kinky, m-m
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were real down to earth people. This was a wonderful love story with some quick and dirty sex. I thought the characters were believable and was pleasantly surprised as to who the dominant was in the relationship. I thought all the friends were great as well, and felt like it would be nice to hang with them in person. So, yeah, a book full of hot gay couples with dirty sex and a coming out, there isn't much not to like. Well done.

copy provided via IndiGo
Paisleyrowan
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: normmal, reviewed
This book was provided by the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review.
There needs to be more by this author in my life. I come late to the series, but I can fix that. This was a heated and yummy and intelligent book. I like that there were actual facts put in there that are also beneficial to the story, rather than just filler.
Silkeeeeeereads
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Okay...

This was a decent read. I never really connected with these two characters. I probably just didn’t jive with their personalities. I don’t think it was because of the author not forming personalities.
Suzy
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Brittany
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
dirty sex in the woods... what could better? absolutely nothing!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍
Michael
Aug 23, 2017
Susan O
rated it did not like it
Aug 05, 2017
Chad James
Oct 01, 2017
Okie
Jul 15, 2017

• Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Somebody to Love (Tyler Jamison #1)
  • Trust Me, I Hate You (Men of Fort Dale, #2)
  • Boyfriend 101 (Fever Falls #6)
  • Keeping Cade (Crave Club, #1)
  • A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies
  • Murphy's Law (Havenwood #2)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
  • Iblis’ Affliction
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Troublemaker (Goode Boys #1)
  • A Sweet Man (The Men of Halfway House, #7)
  • Unexpected (Inked, #3)
  • Spring Strings
  • Sanctuary (Wrecked #1)
  • I'm Straight, Right? (Men of Fort Dale, #1)
  • Renegades (Breaking the Rules, #1)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
J.K. Hogan has been telling stories for as long as she can remember, beginning with writing cast lists and storylines for her toys growing up. When she finally decided to put pen to paper, magic happened. She is greatly inspired by all kinds of music and often creates a “soundtrack” for her stories as she writes them. J.K. is hoping to one day have a little something for everyone, so she’s branche ...more

Coming About (4 books)
  • I Survived Seattle (Coming About, #1)
  • Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • Unbreak Broken (Coming About, #3)

News & Interviews