Start by marking “Famous Love” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Famous Love

Lelly Hughes

Famous Love

Under the bright lights of Nashville, Levi Austin is a country music superstar whose life is rocked by the tragic death of his former wife, leaving him to raise their two daughters. Now faced with having to tell his girls, and making the hard decision about where they’ll live, Levi packs his bags and rushes off to Los Angeles—the last place he wants to be, but the one plac ...more

To ask other readers questions about Famous Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Famous Love

Alex
It was a very interesting book.

Sweet romantic love story, but it also deals with cheating.
Heroine's husband cheated on her; she caught him literally inside OW.

The h was a rock star, her husband a value band member.
Damn, I loathed each side character who told her and later even blackmailed her to forgive him.

People, are you for real?!
Cheaters DON'T deserve any forgiveness.
Never! NEVER!

And I respected the hell out of her that she didn't give in. It was a painful jorney, and due to her celebr
NMmomof4
2 Stars

Overall Opinion: Wow. That was kind of a mess tbh...

Lets start with the good news:

- I really enjoyed the overall storyline. - The story felt unique enough that it wasn't just the stereotypical musician storyline. I appreciated that because they both had similar life experiences they were able to see each other for who they were beneath the celebrity.

- I liked the h - She was pretty strong given the situations she was thrown into. It would definitely suck to be her for most of this book!
Kiki
Vintage
Thanks Kiki. I really enjoyed this.

For once, we have a heroine, Zara, that ditches her ex when she finds him cheating. No turning back for her.

The rest of the story is a nice love affair between Levi the nice-guy country music star and an equally nice rocker chick and how they navigate romance with his two girls. The story is told with alternating POV which I usually hate with a passion, but it worked this time.

Some things I did not care for: the hero's now dead wife's personality was left unre
Anne OK
Jul 22, 2017 Anne OK rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Blake and Gwen on the pages of "Famous Love." Yeah, it was definitely the premise for a cute, sexy rock meets country romance. A little melodramatic but hey! Who cares? Fun, light-hearted and an easy quick read.
Karen
Jul 03, 2017 Karen rated it it was amazing
So good!!!!! I loved both characters and the way the author staged their POV into chapters until just blending the story. The nasty at the end seemed to come up fast but that's cause we were enjoying the romance of Levi and Zara.

Seemed a little Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani but still real original.
Carola
Jul 02, 2017 Carola rated it really liked it
Would have liked a few more chapters before the epilogue.
Brianne
Jul 02, 2017 Brianne rated it it was amazing
Real life meets fiction in Famous in Love. When I started to read this amazing book by Lelly Hughes, I pictured Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani and how their love came to be. Flash forward to the novel by Lelly Hughes, we meet Levi Austin who is beyond famous in the country world and in Nashville is a hero. Tragedy strikes when his ex loses her life in a car accident leaving his two daughters behind in the crazy city of LA. When Levi goes to LA to break the news to his daughters and bring them ho ...more
Patty Wilderman
Jul 01, 2017 Patty Wilderman rated it it was amazing
Oh this book was amazing. It is a wonderful romantic story. Almost like Romeo and Juliet, but maybe more or less like West Side Story with the Sharks vs Jets. You have Zara, a successful beautiful rock star, whom finds out her high school sweetheart husband is cheating on her. The you have Levi, sexy hot hunky country super star, whom just lost his ex-wife to a car accident. Two people from different sides of the track meet by chance. Everyone is against them. Can they beat the odds and let love ...more
Jessi
Jun 29, 2017 Jessi rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!
I received an ARC from Lelly Huges for Famous Love. From Chapter one this book hand me hooked! Zara a beautiful singer, thought everything was great, until she walked in on her husband pounding away on another woman! Levi, a country singer, just buried his ex-wife, and raising his two young daughters. They both meet when Levi accidentally spills hot coffee on Zara. That's when the story really gets going! Zara, feeling damaged, and hard trust issues thanks to her cheating husband, and L
Wendy Livingstone
Jul 03, 2017 Wendy Livingstone rated it it was amazing
When tragedy strikes, Levi who is a famous country star, flies to LA to collect his two daughters and bring them home with him. While there he spills hot coffee over Zara who is a rock & roll princess. They strike up a friendship, and to escape the tabloids Zara accepts Levi’s offer to stay in his home in Nashville. No spoilers, this is a definite must read, you will certainly not be disappointed!!
This is a beautifully written storyline, which flows seamlessly throughout. I was hooked and en
Azusa
Jul 06, 2017 Azusa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Initial Rating: 4.5 star's bumped up to 5 stars
After a Few Hours of Ponderment: Dropped to just 4 stars. Though I debated with myself on dropping it even to lower.. To a 3 star..

I loved this book but at the same time I hated it. The ending felt really, really, really rushed in my opinion. I would have preferred if there were chapters of what happened to Zara (view spoiler)
Sandra Loves Reading
Jul 03, 2017 Sandra Loves Reading rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Famous Love and can hardly believe that it's the author's first book it's so good!
Amidst all the drama and performances of one sort or another at the start of the book, this is basically a beautiful love story between a man and a woman who come from very different musical backgrounds, and who, in theory, have nothing in common, but who connect on a level that makes everything else pale into insignificance.
Their love and the love they bear his 2 daughters is something really a
Indie Wish List
Jul 06, 2017 Indie Wish List rated it it was amazing
Famous Love begins with both characters facing tragedy. Zara Phillips, lead singer of the punk rock band Reverend Sister, catches her high school sweetheart and husband of ten years in flagrante delicto with her publicist’s assistant. Levi Austin, country music superstar, receives a call that no man wants to get about the mother of his children. Both of these events taking place around the same time and throwing these two famous musicians into each other’s path.

“I believe that somehow we were b
Jennifer - You Can't Resista Dirty Book
This was a sweet, very romantic story about two lost broken souls starting again.
Our heroine, Zara, lead singer for Reverend Sister, does not take BS lightly, when she discovers her husband cheating, where he was clearly desperate to get caught, that spells the end of a 10 year marriage that Zara gave her all too. She may be in shock but she is nobodies fool. She now sees clearly from her husbands reaction that this is not the first time and no matter what Zara believes the old adage "Once a Che
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 11, 2017 Jennifer Pierson rated it really liked it
Zara Phillips has two main loves in her life, her husband Van, and the band she started with her brother, Reverend Sister. Both of those were destroyed in the blink of an eye when she walked in to her publicist's office, to see her husband cheating on her. Now with her heart broken, and the band in the air, the paps are like rabid beasts, until she finds herself holed up in her house, before their record label demands that she shoots a new video. And that's where she comes face to face with Levi ...more
Teresa Jensen
Jul 21, 2017 Teresa Jensen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heartwarming story.

Love the rocker chick, Zara, but hate her husband and bandmate, Van. She catches her hubbie bent over the band's publicist's desk with the assistant, yes, in the act. Van acts like Zara is interrupting and keeps going. Yes, I hate him. More than devastated, Zara has been with this man since high school. He is her first and only. She meets a country star at the filming of the latest video and everything changes. Levi is a southern star with two daughters, and a dead ex wife.
Cathy
Jul 04, 2017 Cathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 I can't believe this is this author's 1st book. It was a great story with believable chemistry. It reminded me of Gwen & Blake. I wish there was a little more story at the end instead of just jumping into the epilogue. Can't wait to read more books from this author.
Michele
Jul 05, 2017 Michele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I usually like my books with a little more steam in them, but still I loved it!
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2017
SuzieQ
SuzieQ rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2017
Desiree
Desiree rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2017
Ali
Ali rated it liked it
Muriel
Muriel rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2017
NatLuvsBooks
NatLuvsBooks rated it really liked it
Sheree
Sheree rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2017
Marianne Post
Marianne Post rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2017
alison burden
alison burden rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2017
Robin Shawn
Robin Shawn rated it liked it
Cindy Cronin
Cindy Cronin rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Lelly Hughes is named after her grandmothers. She's a dreamer who writes words to tell stories about falling in love. Ocean fanatic. Loves the feel of warm sand.

FAMOUS LOVE is her first novel.
More about Lelly Hughes...