Start by marking “Storm Raiders: Age Of Magic - A Kurtherian Gambit Series (Storms Of Magic, #1)” as Want to Read:
Storm Raiders: Age Of Magic - A Kurtherian Gambit Series (Storms Of Magic, #1)

Storm Raiders: Age Of Magic - A Kurtherian Gambit Series

(Storms of Magic #1)

In a time when magic rules the sea, she only trusts her sword.

Abbey has always been an outsider in Holdgate. While the people of her adopted city dominate the seas with their weather-controlling storm magic, she prefers the work in her father’s blacksmith shop.

Besting any foolish enough to question her skills with a sword.

But when her father is falsely accused of murde

Published June 15th 2017 by LMBPN Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Storm Raiders, please sign up.
Dana Richmond Good question. As one who is tired of getting caught in that trap and end up reading something 'weak' I can't really say this isn't YA but on the plus…moreGood question. As one who is tired of getting caught in that trap and end up reading something 'weak' I can't really say this isn't YA but on the plus side I did find it very entertaining and thought out and leaving me wanting to read the next in the series. If you like fantasy and a little D&D perhaps mixed in with a sense of sea adventure you will like regardless. If anything I wish this was a little more depth to the characters and story as it is very short but does get to the point. (less)

Montzalee Wittmann
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Storm Raiders: Age of Magic: A Kurtherian Gambit Series: Storms of Magic, Book 1
Written by: P. T. Hylton, Michael Anderle
Narrated by: Gabra Zackman
This is an audible book I requested and the review is voluntary.
I just loved this book! So much action, mystery, good old time swash-buckling adventure, magic, fights, and so much more that it kept me glued to the story. The heroine is trying to prove her father is not a murderer but set up. She must do what she can to do this, she ends up one a ship.
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books

This audiobook was a rather entertaining listen. This was my first experience with the writing pair of P.T. Hylton and Michael Anderle and I was pretty impressed with it overall. I decided to listen to this book because the premise appealed to me and I have really enjoyed Gabra Zackman's narration in the past. I was hooked really early in the story and listened to the book in just a few short days. I had a lot of fun with this enterta
Gizzy
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another worthy addition to TKG!

I approached this book with a bit of trepidation... I don't often like fantasy/sci-fi that focuses around navies and ship battles. Storm Raiders was definitely an exception. No matter what, I'd have read it through, because, well, "TKG yo"... and instead I find myself extremely disappointed that book 2 isn't already ready for me to nab!

Some of the highest praise you can give an author, in my opinion, is to crave more of their writing. Even more so if you like the
Diana in SC
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining sword and sorcery adventure for teens
4 stars

The female narrator is okay. She has a pleasant low voice with excellent inflection, emphasis, and pronunciation. She is great at pacing, especially during action scenes. However, it annoyed me that she made all of the older male characters sound almost exactly the same. What is worse, randomly at the beginning of countless paragraphs, she sounds like a flat male robot for half a sentence and then turns her voice into her appropriate
Alastar
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not bad

Storm Raiders is not a bad story but to me it feels like the characters are just rushing from one disaster to the next without much of a break. The story itself I feel felt rushed and decided it didn't want to take any time. It was well written and not a bad story I just didn't care for that rushed feeling. Many people will probably love that it is really fast paced. I am hoping that book 2 will feel less rushed.
Susan
Note: This series is part of a much bigger series and is technically Book 59 of The Kurtherian Gambit Universe. This book works just fine as a stand alone.

This was the book of badassery I needed and didn’t even knew existed until a few weeks ago. Perhaps I’ve been living under a rock. I thoroughly enjoyed this tale. The characters were fun, the plot was full of action, and the world building drew me in completely.

Abbey is my favorite character. She’s been working in her dad’s blacksmithery all h
Jessica Bronder
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holdgate is a regular seafaring community that has storm mages that are there to help protect and defend the town along with helping captains on ships. Abby and her father came from another town when Abby was an infant. Her father is the local blacksmith but everyone always looks down on them as outsiders. Dustin is a young storm mage that grew up with Abby but then followed the path of a storm mage and now has taken his test and passed.

Abby’s father is falsely charged with murder and Abby is de
Sadie Forsythe
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
3.5
3 for story, 4 for narration

Generally enjoyable and I thought Gabra Zackman did an excellent job with the narration.

The good: I liked Abby and Dustin. I liked that she's pretty much badass and he's more than willing to let her go forth and kick butt, while he takes a step back. I thought the writing was quite readable and the world, future Earth, is interesting. Though that same world seems to be part of a larger series in which several authors are creating stories. (I didn't realize that un
Nicolas Knight
Jan 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
The author is a great writer.
Yes, I know, weird intro for a one star review.

Hear me out.

I loathed the inevitable love interest from the moment he opened his mouth.
I think that denotes skills. The author managed in 5 pages to make me despise this waste of oxygen and magical talent.

The problem is the author is utterly useless at story telling.

Dun Dun DUUUUUNNNN!

Yeah i know, what a twist. Did you see it coming? Then you don't need to read this badlly transcribed Harry Potter/Mary Sue fanfiction.

I
Penny Olson
I listened to the Audible version of this book. I did not realize it was part of a series until I listened to the author's notes. Obviously, it works well as a standalone. The story focuses on the city of Holdgate where some of the people are specially trained in magic to control the seas. Abby is the blacksmith's daughter and an outsider. Dustin is a young storm mage who has just graduated. They learn of a horrifying conspiracy and must fight against people they formerly revered. I really liked ...more
Kai
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
Storm Raiders: Age of Magic begins with the end of technology on earth. Everything has changed where magic exists. Abby and her father, Benjamin have moved to live in Holdgate and always been an outsider. The only friend that Abby has was Dustin. Since Dustin entered into his apprenticeship as a Storm Caller, he has made himself scarce to Abby.

When her father is accused of murder, Abby was going to prove her father's innocent. Dustin feeling bad for the way he has abandoned and treated Abby was
Cmoore
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
 I had no idea that there was an extensive Kurtherian Gambit universe, or that the book I'd just started to listen to was actually the first book in a spin-off series in that universe.
The blurb sounded intriguing,  and the audio sample made me think that there might be some potential here. What I got far exceeded any expectations that I'd fostered... Between, the ships, the storms, the magic, and loads of action, I was as happy a clam... So if you're a newbie like me you're gonna love Storm Raid
Curly's  Ramblings
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! From beginning to end of this story, the listener is taken on an action packed journey of wit, danger, treachery, sword fighting, sea faring, treason, mystery, and acceptance. Storm Raiders is a really entertaining story! I would have preferred to have listened to the entire story in one setting instead of over several one hour increments. Gabra Zackman did a great job as well! Her voices and inflections were spot on. I will definitely be buying additional audiobooks in this series by Micha ...more
Diane
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pleasantly surprised....

After reading the advert, I was having a hard time seeing how this story fit in the Kutherian Gambit storyline. After reading the story I still don't see where it fits. I thoroughly enjoy reading about Bethany Anne and though this book is not about her, it held its own and was an excellent read. I like that the girls are always strong and even if the guys are obnoxious twats, they always come around to defeat the bad guy. That this was a complete story with a satisfactory
dennis barron
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Storm Raiders. PT Hylton

Storm Raiders rule the sea. The protectors. They are thought of as heroes. Storm callers protect the raiders with their learned abilities and staff. They can control all elements while connected to the sea. Wind, water, lightening. They protect the storm raiders. The most worshiped storm Captain Tor and his Storm caller Dahlia are actually frauds. They are aligned with the enemy. Profit, power are their motivation. A young blacksmiths daughter and a new storm caller stand
Veronica
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A storm is brewing...

More new characters in a new series in Age of Magic! It's fascinating to see how magic has developed in this area compared to Arcadia and the Lone Islands. Definitely read The Rise of Magic and Hidden Magic if you haven't yet. Loving the high standard Michael Anderle has set for the Kurtherian Universe, and how well all the authors (and editing team, and advance readers, etc) are working together to knit one huge, epic tale.
Clarke
I'm new to this author so wasn't sure what to expect. When I love a book I devour it but this book while good I could put down. In fact I had to in the middle where things got a little slow. The book feels YA/New Adult but without the annoying immaturity you typically run into. The characters have a grand adventure headed their way. This is a good start with lots of potential. I'll be reading more by this author.
Sandy Chapman
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun read, couldn't put it down!

Another great read from the Kurtherian Gambit series. Lots of action and adventure grabs your attention from the start and makes it difficult to set down. Loved the mini cliff hangers when the writers would switch from one intense action to another then leaving you dangling for a moment when he switches back. And plenty of humor sprinkled in. Looking forward to the next book.
Jessie Mckissick
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is the "PERFECT STORM" by a great author.

Even though Storm Raiders: Age of Magic, is the title of this phenomenal book, PT Hylton created magic throughout the pages of this book. There is danger, intrigue, suspense and excitement that just about describes Abbey alone. Throw in Dustin and Benjamin and a host of other creative characters, makes this series worth reading.
Linda Romer
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
I enjoyed listening to Storm Raiders Age of Magic. This is my first glimpse into this magical world and I'm looking forward to continuing. Abby is a great character and so is Dustin. The story is filled with adventure and excitement.
I give Storm Raiders 4 stars for its adventurous read.
I would recommend this book to paranormal fans.
Diana
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book it's a fast read on all the characters are really interesting my favorite of course is Abby and Dustin and can't wait to read the next one author did a really great job on the cleaning everything up making it take too long so it was very very good book definitely recommend check it out
Mia LeNae
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not bad

Not a bad book but I guess I'm not a fan of this storm experience in the TKG universe. Please continue on. Others may love it. So don't let my review stop you from reading what may interest you. I'm just more of a fan of the Vampire-esque, Foresaken and post apoc than I am of 'magic'.
Ashley Leonard
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this is the first in the series of the storm magic books but part of a larger group of the age of magic books. it's the first I have read of them and I chose the audio and it was amazing. I had to keep listening it was just so good. I loved the characters and Abby's story. I can't wait for the next one to come out in audio.
Stacy
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A newbie who fits in perfectly with TKG!!!

PT Hylton is a newbie who fits in perfectly with TKG writers!!! Great characters and he uses magic in a unique way. Go read it. I'm off to the next book!!!
Julie
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Kurtherian universe just got bigger

Another great addition to the Kurtherian world. If you like science fiction and fantasy you will love all of these books. The storylines are all very well written and so are all the characters.
Christine Stewart
Good entry

Enjoyed this one. Well crafted story, good entry in the Age of Magic. I'm really interested to see if Abbey will meet up with Hannah. I liked her and Dustin's character development. Looking forward to the next one!
Jackie
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book!!

Love this new branch off. To be honest it was a little bit difficult for me to get into the magic series but I did not have that problem with this book, grabbed me from the beginning.
Lois Alston
Outstanding writing

So good to find do many different stories in the Kutherian Universe. This one does not disappoint. It has all of the ingredients for an outstanding story. Such entertaining characters trying to find their way.
Nipa
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Impressed!

I wasn't sure about all the different way this whole magic thing was going but I am really impressed. I love all the new characters we are being introduced to and I can why Justin wanted you on board. I look forward to the next book.
Shaun Fuller
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Beautifully done

If I had been told this was by a different author I would've thought it was written by previous authors of the heII magic . Story ties in beautifully with the world you're creating in the beautiful universe .

• I Was a Teenage Weredeer (Bright Falls Mysteries, #1)
  • Slade (Team Greywolf Series, #1)
  • The Emerald Tablet (Legends of Amun Ra, #1)
  • Deadly Shadow: A Paranormal Suspense Thriller (The Assassin Chronicles Book 1)
  • Revolution (Kurtherian Gambit: The Rise of Magic #4)
  • Hush (Dragon Apocalypse, #2)
  • Unlikely (Kingdoms Gone, #1)
  • Twisted
  • Ballad of the Beanstalk
  • Formation: Age of Expansion - A Kurtherian Gambit Series (The Ghost Squadron, #1)
  • Club Nexus (Ivy Granger, #2.5)
  • The Black Stiletto: Stars & Stripes  (The Black Stiletto #3)
  • Blood Moon Magick
  • Thief Prince
  • Tracing Shadows (Scout, #1)
  • Dawn of Destiny: Age Of Magic - A Kurtherian Gambit Series (A New Dawn, #1)
  • The Guardians (The Guardians, #1)
  • The Sparks (Feud Trilogy, #1)

Storms of Magic (4 books)
  • Storm Callers: Age Of Magic - A Kurtherian Gambit Series (Storms Of Magic, #2)
  • Storm Breakers: Age Of Magic - A Kurtherian Gambit Series (Storms Of Magic, #3)
  • Storm Warrior: Age Of Magic - A Kurtherian Gambit Series (Storms Of Magic, #4)