Start by marking “Silence of the Ghost (Murder by Design #2)” as Want to Read:
Silence of the Ghost (Murder by Design #2)

Silence of the Ghost

(Murder by Design #2)

Expert home stager Bailey Burke has come to terms with the fact that her friend, Ryan, is a ghost, but she thought after they solved his murder together, he would get sucked into the light. Instead he’s hanging around and interfering in her love life, and mocking her inability to drink Jameson.

When a body is found near her historic neighborhood of Ohio City, mimicking th
Published August 22nd 2017 by SilverHart Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Silence of the Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silence of the Ghost

DJ Sakata
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

I’ve learned a few things about myself recently. I can eat a whole pint of ice cream in one glorious dairy-fueled sitting. I’m attracted to Cleveland cop Jake Marner, who I had previously known for years without ever lusting after. And I see dead people.

I had once assumed that ghosts were either exactly as they were in life (a la Rose on the Titanic meeting Jack at the stairs), or caught as they were the moment death stole their breath. Which would suck if you died in the shower.
Darcy
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, e-book, mystery
Bailey sort of drives me nuts as she tends to bumble through her life. With this book she stumbled upon body parts that brought new ghosts her way. I find it interesting that these new ghosts moved on, while Ryan still hangs around, arguing with Bailey.

Because Bailey can't just leave the body parts alone, she looks into things. This brings her in contact with the killer, who is easily guessable. I don't know why Bailey doesn't see it, instead she ends up in their cross hairs and has to depend on
Lakshmi C
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
3 I like everything but the lead stars

Neat tidy and boring. Our lead Bailey.

Wedges are the best.

Co-dependent relationship with Cheetos

Permanent third wheel.

Magnet for ghosts. Followed by dead bodies.

Her mother issues are the only interesting thing about her at this point.
"If I wanted to be made to feel bad, I would have called my mother instead of you."

Annoying best friend ghost. I can't even....

Why is this happening to me? When did I become the psychic home stager slash ghost whisperer?”

She has
Tash
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed @ Thoughts By Tash
Review copy kindly provided by the author in exchange for a honest review

Bailey and Ryan are back in Silence of the Ghost, the second Murder by Design novel. After that bombshell ending, things are relatively normal for Bailey well except for the ghost hanging around her. It’s hard to miss Ryan and Bailey is suffering as a result. The poor girl wants life to return back to normal. It isn’t a too hard request right ?
Obviously not as the higher ups have other ideas. Se
Krista Jenks
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series by Erin McCarthy this book is a mystery book with a little bit of romance. The romance come between the relationship that is being slowly built between Marner and Bailey. In this book the mystery comes in the form of the torso murders and a potential copy cat or there is one very sick person on the loose.

Bailey has been hearing voices and starts to follow them and guess what she see's is a part of a body part. She cant believe what she is seeing. She really
Nalla Reads
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Originally posted on NallaReads

description

I LOVE the fact that Erin writes about my hometown in this series. It brings such a real flavor to the novel because I know the areas she's speaking about.

When we last left Bailey, our new resident ghost whisperer, her best friend's ghost was still hanging around as his (now) ex-girlfriend's ghost appeared. On the hunt to find out where and why she died, Bailey discovers yet ANOTHER grisly scene. This poor girl can't catch a break! So now with the mystery of a poss
Bea  Charmed
If there's one supernatural ability I never want to have, it's the ability to see and hear dead people. It's unnerving since you can't always tell the dead people from the living, they pop up without warning any time and anywhere, and you have no privacy. Just ask Bailey Burke, home stage and, apparently, ghost whisperer. Not only does her old friend Ryan pop unannounced on a regular basis, but other ghosts have started dropping in uninvited. She's understandably a bit freaked out by this.

I like
Amanda
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this new series by Erin McCarthy. Bailey Burke has learned that she can talk to ghosts. At first she thought it was just her best friend Ryan that she could see and speak with, but when Ryan's dead girlfriend Hannah shows up crying in her kitchen she is left with more questions. Bailey takes it upon herself to find Hannah's body and in the mean time she stumbles upon another body and what appears to be a copycat serial killer. As she tries to find out who is cutting up bodies a ...more
Louise
These books are quite different to my usual genre (usually anything with romance!) but they are so fun and easy to read that I love them. Whilst you don't need to have read Book 1 to follow the story in this, it would be better to have done so for the background information on Bailey and Ryan that it contains.

We got to know about Bailey's family a little more, including this observation by Bailey

She (Bailey's sister) seemed happiest when she was pregnant, which struck me as insane.

and we sort
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A mystery with romance, humor, danger, action, murder and oh so fabulous characters! Silence Of The Ghost was AWE-MAZING! On the edge of your seat action, a hint of romance that made me tingle, fun and weirdly helpful ghosts, some humor that just had me giggling and a mystery to solve with loads of twists, turns, danger...a heck of a thrill ride if you ask me!

Bailey reminds me a bit of another PI from one of my other favorite series, Charley Davidson. Bailey is
books are love
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is just as fun and nutty as the first in the series. Erin McCarthy has taken a ghost and his BFF and put a great entertaining twist on it. I at times think Ryan gets a little jelly in this one due to all the ghosts showing up to talk with Bailey and ask for help. In this book Eliot is one that will not leave her alone.

We see her in crazing situations with her bestie and watching him try to figure out why he isn’t moving on as well. What we do see is Bailey get in trouble with a murder case
Melisa
Erin McCarthy’s Murder by Design series continues to remind me of Darynda Jones’ Charley Davidson series. While not a humorous as Charley Davidson, the heroine, Bailey, continues to see ghosts and gets unwittingly caught up in solving murders. Silence of the Ghost starts with the ghost of Bailey’s dead best friend Ryan’s ex girlfriend. In attempting to find her body, Bailey accidentally stumbles on the dismembered pieces of a different body. Talk about a rough day! Despite trying to stay out of ...more
Marty Tool
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Second book of Erin McCarthy's new series picks up right where number one ends. You don't have to have read the first, but it gives you the whole setting and Bailey Burke' s background and who Ryan is. This series is fun and fast reads, good mystery cozies. Bailey is likeable, hard working and a bit lonely which leads her into areas she might not really want to go. I enjoyed this book more than the first because we didn't have to world build here, it just jumped into the story and away it goes. ...more
Jimnlori
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Silence Of The Ghost is the second book in Erin McCarthy's Murder By Design series.
This series is full of mystery, murder and ghosts. Bailey Burke thought her friend Ryan's ghost would be gone when she helped him solve his murder, but that isn't what happened. Now she is seeing his former love interest Hannah in her ghost form too. Having them around is stressing her out and interfering with her love life and her job, but she can't seem to get them to go away.

I'm really enjoying this fun series
Elizabeth
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute cozy, but some of the decisions the main character makes drives me nuts. I guessed the killer early on, but was a little confused as to why Hannah was introduced at all... except maybe to place Bailey down at the river to discover the other body. It was just awkward to have Hannah there and then disappear with what felt like a flippant explanation. This whole seeing ghosts thing isn't well developed either and I felt bad for Phil who seemed like a nice guy, but no one wanted around. I would ...more
Dawn Herrera
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book it was a bit out of what I normally read but overall a great read. Erin McCarthy has a way with her writing to really get you connected with the characters. Erin McCarthy made the characters really interesting and real. It's a fun and enjoyable book, I was hooked till the last page.
We have Bailey Burke who sees dead people. Okay she has had her friend Ryan who is dead come back and want help. When she starts to see others she doesn't want to have to help them.
Just because
Cari
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Silence of the Ghost is the second book in Erin McCarthy's new series. I would recommend reading Book #1 so you have the back story with Bailey and Ryan. Bailey has recently gotten the pleasure of now seeing ghosts. First it was her best friend, Ryan asking to solve his murder. Now, Ryan's girlfriend shows up in her kitchen crying as a ghost. Bailey really gets herself into a situation when she stumbles across body parts from a murder that is apparently a copycat serial killer. This book was gre ...more
Thalia
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC book in exchange for my review. I enjoyed this book and the plot line is different from my usual read. I did not read the first book so I was at a little bit of a disadvantage not knowing the background of the relationship between Bailey, Marner and Ryan. I would have like a little more heat between the main characters, but it was not a deal breaker. I did find several spelling errors and a couple description inconsistencies that will hopefully be fixed before it goes live. A ...more
Erin Mcmahon
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in exchange for a fair review.

This is the second book in the Murder by Design Series. I loved this series it reminds me her older books!
Bailey can talk to ghosts at first it was ok because she was hoping to get closure from Ryan her best friend and ultimate crush. When she learned more about Ryan that he kept secret she realized she fell in love with a fantasy. Bailey seems to get into some crazy stuff and has no idea how it keeps happening.
If one ghost wasn't enough Baily
Dawn
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Erin McCarthy knows how to draw you into a story and not let you go until the final page is turned. In fact, I was so engrossed with this book that I finished it in two days.

In the second book of the Murder by Design series Bailey is busy staging homes and solving the case of a copycat serial killer with the help of her friends, some ghostly, some not.
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review
KimberlyDawn
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Silence Of The Ghost is the second book in the Murder By Design series. Having one ghost talk with you is bad enough, but when Bailey starts to hear more voices, she thinks she is losing it. She is a spiritual medium and just because she doesn't want that job doesn't mean the ghosts will leave her be. But with more free time than she knows what to do with, she looks into the mysteries plaguing the city. Can she solve the crime unscathed? A great story, and I definitely recommend it!
Cheryl Sanders
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the Murder by Design series and it features Bailey, Ryan, and Jake. I was hooked from the beginning! This author disguises the murderer so well that I was SHOCKED when I found out who it was.

I'm usually a strictly romance kind of reader but reading this series by Erin McCarthy has got me hooked. There's a quiet romance thread running throughout the books but mainly murder mystery. I can't wait for the next one!
Leann McKay
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fun read! I love this series! Bailey is a fun quirky reluctant mystery solver...who helps ghosts of all people ;) This is second in the new series by Erin McCarthy & like all of her series A MUST READ! Erin McCarthy has a way of making all genres fun! I cannot wait to see what or rather WHO Bailey helps next!
Dawn
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good cozy mystery. I could sort of see this one coming, but it was a good story nonetheless. Again, I love that Erin should her true Cleveland roots in her books. One little peeve in this book for me were the typos/grammar errors. Not a nonstarter (I’ll be downloading book #3 in this series momentarily), but I definitely stumble on them.
Angela
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Not quite as good as the first book but I did like it. It's interesting how things turned out with Hannah and that things were progressing with Jake. The ending might have killed that relationship but I plan to read the next book.
Ambrosia
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
It’s going to get old if every book the h just bumbles around and then gets (view spoiler).

Joy
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Now Bailey Burke is seeing more ghosts than she can reasonably handle. It's getting hard to hide her conversations with them when they arrive so startlingly. But the entertaining Bailey is a yes-person, and they genuinely need help. I do wonder why such a cautious person does such dangerous things!
Cindy K
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
It wasn't spectacular but it was a cute, easy read. If your looking for a simple, quick read book without too much going on in the plot, this would be it. I wanted something light and easy in between series and this was it. I liked it for what it was and didn't try to read too much into it.
Gladys
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Silence of The Ghost by Erin McCarthy is a very enjoyable book. Fun, quirky and suspenseful. This book will entertain you and keep you turning pages past your bedtime. I am posting an honest review after reading an ARC copy of this book.
Laila Viking
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very well written story that has drama, action, mystery and a exciting plot.
I liked that it never got boring. There was always something happening.
I can only recommend this if you like to read mysteries.

I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book

• A Mansion, A Drag Queen, And A New Job (Deanna Oscar Paranormal Mystery, #1)
  • Fashions Fade, Haunted Is Eternal (A Haunted Vintage Mystery, #7)
  • Someday my Witch Will Come (Wicked Society, #2)
  • Priced to Kill (Cindy York #2)
  • Deja Moo (Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum #3)
  • Paranormal Protection Agency: Volume 1 (Paranormal Protection Agency, #1-5)
  • Fixing to Die
  • Prosecco Pink (Franki Amato, #2)
  • Undeniably Yours  (Lucy Valentine, #5)
  • Look Before You Jump (The Bartender Babe Chronicles #1)
  • The Ghosts of Misty Hollow
  • Cover Shot
  • Family Therapy: An Overview
  • Spirited Away (Psychic Detective, #3)
  • Books, Cooks, and Crooks (Novel Idea, #3)
  • Snow Cold Case (The Mystic Snow Globe Mystery, #1)
  • Murder, Mystery & Dating Mayhem (The Gray-Haired Knitting Detectives Book 1)
  • Malice, Mischief & Men
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written over seventy novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.

Murder by Design (5 books)
  • Gone With The Ghost (Murder by Design #1)
  • Once Upon a Ghost (Murder by Design #3)
  • How the Ghost Stole Christmas (Murder By Design #4)
  • It's A Ghost's Life (Murder By Design #5)