Start by marking “Eversong (The Kindred, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eversong (The Kindred, #1)

Eversong (The Kindred #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  90 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Donna Grant “skillfully melds history and legend” (RT Book Reviews) in a brand new series – The Kindred.

To live in the light, they hunt in the dark…

Unparalleled in beauty and daring, Leoma has been raised with a single-minded focus—to wipe out corrupt witches. But when her new target leads her to a discovery that unveils a graver plan from
ebook
Published November 20th 2017 by DL Grant, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Eversong, please sign up.

Christie«SHBBblogger»
Nothing particularly wrong with this, but for some reason it's failing to hold my interest. I love the heroine a lot, but I'm not feeling enough excitement over the story to continue right now. Maybe I'll pick this back up later if the mood strikes me.
Under the Covers Book Blog
Donna Grant has done something quite new and unique with this series. While we’ve seen a lot of Paranormal Romance and some Contemporary Romance from her, she’s gone for a different route with The Kindred series. This new series is a medieval romance with a little bit of a paranormal twist. However, what is unique about this series is that the main characters aren’t supernatural, their enemies are.

It’s been a long time since I’ve read a medieval romance, especially one with some paranormal aspe
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Sofia Lazaridou
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eversong is the first full-length book in the Kindred series by Donna Grant. In this book, we have Leoma a brave hunter who is after the Coven and Braith a man who seeks revenge from the Coven. They join forces to end the witches and during their quest they manage to fall in love. Before you begin this book keep in mind that is set around the 14th century. If you don't like that or witches, hunters and other stuff that come with them don't try to read the book. The main villain of the series is ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Eversong by Donna Grant is the First Book in "The Kindred" series. This is the story of Leoma and Braith. Wow... Where to even start. This was just so exciting and a great start to what is going to be such a good series. This is a period storyline around the 14 Century that deals with Good Witches, Bad Wiitches, warlocks and of course those who are hunting them. Leoma only focus from a early ages was to wipe out the evil witches. Leoma is a strong fighting hunter who stands out but follows what ...more
books are love
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great first book in the series. I love the strength of the female leads in this book.

Leoma is a witch hunter. Well she hunts those that wish to cause harm to others with their powers. She is strong, fierce and smart. Upon running into Braith we see instant attraction and hope. Hope that someone will understand her and still wish to be with her.

Braith gives her this and more. He shows her respect as well. He listens and takes her advice. Braith has seen war. He has had to deal with bl
Robyn
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Donna got me again!! I loved this series and I can't wait until the next one!! I'm hoping it's the couple I think it is!! And I see a love triangle as a possibility!! This series has great potential for many books to come!!
Christina Rimorin
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eversong: The Kindred by Donna Grant

While I love steamy romances that leave me fanning myself or full on swooning, one book element that I’m addicted to is the good triumphing over evil. It’s one of the elements that leave me constantly coming back for more when it comes to reading. When it comes to good triumphing over evil, this book did not disappoint. With a coven of evil witches after more power, they are going about it in not so “kosher” ways to get that power. Both Leoma and Braith are b
Books 2 Blog
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off, this book was literally magically delicious! When I found this author’s work over the summer at my local library, I loved how she spun paranormal fantasy and immersed myself in her world of Dragon Kings. From then, I knew I would read everything I could get my hands on. Eversong blew magic across my ipad as soon as it landed and simply swept me away from the first page.

The author brings what I consider “old school” wizardry roaring back to the literary world in this book. From magic s
Brigitte
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eversong is a fascinating introduction to The Kindred Series. It revolves around witches, warlocks and witch hunters in 14th century England and Scotland. It introduces the Varroki, ancestors of the Vikings.

Leoma is a skilled witch hunter, trained in various fighting techniques. Her target is a Coven of witches who cruelly and indiscriminately use their magic to gain power.

Braith is an Earl who has left his warring days behind. His ward was his only family, now he is on his own and on a quest f
Rhiannon St. Clair
***I received an ebook copy from the author at no cost***

Eversong is outside the realm of the genres that I usually read within, but I’m so happy I picked it up because it’s a breathtaking story!

Historical elements were woven into this piece, and I loved the presence of witches, wizards, warlocks, and the like. Grant painted a picture with her words, and I found myself catapulted into this space that had both paranormal and fantasy elements to it.

I enjoyed the plot of this story. When two people
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)

4.5 Stars!

I fell in love with this book from the Forward. A very heartfelt telling by the author as to why she wrote the story. Historical Romance was also my first love. And then I found Paranormal and I find I often forget how much I love Historical. This novel brings the richness, grit and tradition of the middle ages and weaves in the fantastical world of witches and warlocks. Throw in a bit of Viking mythology and a heroine in a very non-traditional role---you get a kick ass story!

I love th
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction

Donna Grant has once again written a story that kept me glued to its pages. EVERSONG, is the first book in her Kindred Series, and is not connected to any of her other series. Set around the 14th century, this story involves witches, warlocks and witch hunters.

Braith is a warrior, a man out to seek revenge on the witch who murdered his young ward and only remaining person he classed as family. Leoma is a witch hunter, a young woman who has vowed to destroy all evil witches, especially those who
Ashley Westphall-carr
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this start of a new series!!! I’m blown away by this book. Leoma was trained from an early age to take down the Coven. She was orphaned and her surrogate parents brought her up to do battle with the Coven. Leoma is a Hunter, she protects innocents and the witches that don’t want to join the Coven.

She is hunting a member of the Coven when she crosses paths with Braith. Come to find out they were both hunting the same witch. Braith is distraught because of the murder of his ward and is o
MillsyLovesBooks
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book pulled me in from just the cover reveal it's a stunning cover. Eversong is a full to the brim captivating introduction to The Kindred Series. A story of witches, warlocks and witch hunters in 14th century England and Scotland.

“First, you need to understand two truths. There are witches among us, and magic is real.”

Braith is a warrior, he's seeking revenge on the witch who murdered his young ward. Leoma is a witch hunter, a young woman who has vowed to destroy all evil witches, especi
Petula
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Braith is a born warrior who was hoping he had at last washed the last of the blood from his hands. That was until someone he allowed into his home killed his young Ward. He will get his vengeance or die trying.
Leoma is a hunter for the Hunter's Coven. She is after an evil witch who killed her friend. Leona has no magic of her own, just a special sword that can deflect magic and kill witches. It seems as if someone else is looking for her target.
This is an all action magical story with very po
Torie
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Leoma has been trained since she was a child to be a hunter. Hunters are people who fight the evil witches of the coven.  When Leoma's best friend is killed by the Coven she is dead set on revenge.

Braith is a knight searching for the person who killed his ward. He is also dead set on revenge.

Leoma and Braith's paths cross and the realize that they are after the same person. Will the try to sabotage each other or work together for a common goal?

Along the way we start to learn what the Coven wan
Tracey
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Braith is an earl on the hunt for a witch, he gets stopped in his tracks by a woman named Leoma who happens to be a Witch hunter and is after the same woman/witch. They agree to go hunting together, on their journey they find danger, betrayal, magic and romance.

I found this a great start to a new series, it is a set in a time gone by, no mobile phones to communicate, just ravens! The characthers are developed through the story and you soon become attached and find yourself taking a deep breath w
Monica
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great start to the The Kindred series. Leoma is such a kick butt character. I love how this book is more focused on the strong female character. That is not to say the men in this book aren't strong but women rule. Leoma and Braith make the perfect pair and it was fun to go on an adventure with them. It was nice to see Enra and Radnar again even it was only for a short time in the book. I am guessing we will see more of them in the coming books. I look forward to seeing where thi ...more
Angie H
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I didn’t think I would because there seemed to be a lot of hype around it but it defied all my expectations and set the scene for a robust series. I’m so looking forward to Everwylde. If you love historical romances and a strong heroine look no further. This heroine kicks the hero’s ass, saves him, and finds love all within one book. What a couple! Even if you’ve never read any other Donna Grant book you need to give this one a chance. You won’t regret it!
Selene Cohen-zuyus
Great start to a new series

I haven’t read a book by Ms. Grant that I didn’t like. I am looking forward to this new series. I love Leoma and Braith’s story.
Joanne Watkins USA
Ok

This started well. The idea of the hunter and the coven was interesting. But it fell short for me as it seemed too coincidental and the story fell into place.
Jennifer Becker
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm glad to see Donna writing historical romances again. I've missed them great magic and suspense. she always leaves you hanging to the end.
Stacie Crews
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love this new series. so much adventure. so many new characters to love and hate. can't wait for more
Juanna Jackson
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kindred book

Nice change in her novels...had a lit of action and romance..I really enjoyed the novel and looking forward to the next witch hunt.
Tammy
This book took me on a thrill ride of epic proportions. It thrills me to no end that Ms. Grant has started another Medieval paranormal series. Although there hasn't been a book she has written that I don't absolutely love with every cell of my body, this series will be in my all-time favorites (3#) and reread pile.

You can feel the chemistry for the first time Leoma and Braith meet. Sparks fly! This story will hypnotize you and you won't realize where the last 5 hours went. The story is fast pac
Kerrylyn
Nov 25, 2017
Nicole Gregory
Kim
Stephanie
« previous 1 3 next »
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over forty-five novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written over forty short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal g
More about Donna Grant...

The Kindred (2 books)
  • Everwylde (The Kindred, #2)