Start by marking “Things My Father Taught Me” as Want to Read:
Things My Father Taught Me

Things My Father Taught Me

Stern, playful, encouraging, hard-working, tough or loving – no matter how we describe our own father, he leaves an indelible imprint.

Claire Halliday spoke with a range of well-known Australians who shared their stories about the way their dads shape their lives. From memories of deep warmth and closeness to stories of dif culty and tragedy – everyone’s story is unique.

Published August 1st 2017 by Bonnier Publishing Australia

To ask other readers questions about Things My Father Taught Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Things My Father Taught Me

Start your review of Things My Father Taught Me
Valerity (Val)
The book is a collection of different well known Australians sharing their personal insightful stories with the author, telling how their fathers shaped their lives. Whether their fathers were around a lot or not so much, it seemed they were all so very affected by these men...they couldn't help but be. Includes some very moving memories. Not an overly long read but leaves you thinking. An ARC was given to me by NetGalley and the publisher for review.
Toyin A
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A collection of memoirs that express lessons learned about fathers and how their behaviours/ actions shaped their children's lives.
Sharon Jarvis
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-ebook
This is easy to read and it has the added benefit of being able to read entries separately and come back to at a later date. Very thought provoking.
It extremely interesting to read what others remember and what may not seem important at the time can have a big impact.
This is a book that can easily be revisited.
Thank you to Netgalley and publisher Bonnier Publishing Australia for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Highly recommended.
Cristie Underwood
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for an advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This book was incredibly well-written and in a way that allows the reader to revisit the book easily in the future if they want to read a passage again. I really liked the fact that you could pick up and read here and there as you wanted, which made it a quick read.
Cathy Miers
Aug 17, 2017
Rob
Feb 21, 2018
Natalie  S
In the lead-up to Father’s Day journalist, copywriter and author,Claire Hallidayfollows up her previous book,Things My Mother Taught Mewith one about the dads. Both books are collections of short interviews undertaken by Halliday with well-known Australian identities, where they describe the relationship they have with a parent. These range from warm and caring bonds to ones that can be a little fractured and difficult at times. This new collection,Things My Father Taught Meprovides an ...more
Lisal