Start by marking “Reintegration (Reintegration #1)” as Want to Read:
Reintegration (Reintegration #1)

Reintegration

(Reintegration #1)

A perfect citizen. A captured rebel. One decision could destroy them both...

As a Regulator, seventeen-year-old Katherine Holliday’s duty is to protect the people of the Federation from a group of violent rebels who have exiled themselves to the mysterious wilderness. When one of these rebels is captured within the Federation, the government leaders propose an alternative t
Published August 15th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Reintegration, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reintegration

Start your review of Reintegration (Reintegration #1)
Addy S.
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five stars to this gem!!! I read this every second I could, and it did not disappoint!!

Rundown:
-Violence: a good bit of fighting , details of someone being shot
-Blood/Gore: details of someone dying after losing a lot of blood, being cut open to take out a tracking device
-Romance: several kisses, hugging/holding, forehead kisses, and hand-holding
-Language: NO bad language!!

The whole storyline is so interesting! I would never come up with the idea Ashley did. I love the characters so much!!!

-Kat
Sarah Grace Grzy
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 15+ for mild romance and graphic death
Recommended to Sarah Grace by: Ashley Bogner
This wasn't a 'whop 'em sock 'em', 'get the bad guys' kind of book. This wasn't an 'every single character dies' dystopian. No, it wasn't any thing like that. But it was amazing because it WASN'T like that. The focus was a lot more on the characters and their inner struggles, than on "getting the bad guys". It is vastly different than any other book I've read in this genre, yet I loved it.

The characters: Katherine was a spectacular main character. Somehow, even though we are pretty different, I
Libby May
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rarely do I give a book 5 starts. This book gets 5 stars.

To start off, I hate Sci-fi books. I loved this book. It's honestly one of THE BEST books I have ever read. New writer? Unbelievable. This was amazing! I HIGHLY recommend this book. A tight plot, honest feelings, the gospel, action and adventure AND it's a trilogy!! It doesn't get much better then that!

Guys... read this book!!
Serethiel ☽ ✨
Jul 18, 2017 marked it as to-read
There's a cover, y'all! *fangirls*

C.B. Cook
Caution: Review is very detailed and may contain minor spoilers. Major spoilers will be in spoiler tags. Basically, don't read this review if you want to go into the book knowing nothing. :D

Oh. My. Goodness. Where to start with this review????? There are so many things I loved!

Plot

I loved the plot of this book! It was super exciting and kept me reading, but there was also a lot of slower spots where there was a lot of character development, which was sooo good. And just the whole idea of a dysto
Melani Crone
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Reintegration. It was definitely a page-turning, riveting adventure! The storyline was excellent and the plot twists were unexpected, to say the least. I would definitely recommend it!

I'm not giving it 5 stars more for preference reasons than for the book itself. Ashley did a phenomenal job carrying out the story. I can't deny that! The only aspects keeping it from perfection in my mind is mere opinion. I'm sure others feel differently!

Katharine was a little sappy to me. I'm no
Ashley Bogner
Jul 02, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: dystopian
Release date: August 18, 2017!
Kate Willis
This book glued the Kindle to my hand. I’d been looking forward to it for a while and finally bought myself an ebook copy. :D (Isn’t the cover amazing?!!)

The characters were the biggest thing this book had going for it. I found them compelling, and I was really invested in seeing what happened to everyone. Katherine’s compassion was so unusual for her culture (and I think I know why now), and Matthew’s enigmatic character was a great portrayal of how “other” Christians are. He was defiant but no
Gabrielle
Reintegration by Ashley Bogner

My rating: 3.75 of 5 stars

My Review

Ashley Bogner's debut novel, Reintegration, calls to mind some of the best dystopian books of our age--books such as Ally Condie's Matched trilogy, Nadine Brandes' Out of Time Trilogy, and The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron. It also follows the dystopian pattern of three, being the first of a trilogy. The sequel is set to release in 2018.

Reintegration's strongest suit is its characterization. The reader is deeply immersed in Katherin
Melanie Kilsby
This was a good 3 1/2 star read!

Anybody looking for a similar book to the Anomaly Trilogy by Krista McGee would like this book.

The parts of the book that made me excited were:
Obviously the world building--Super cool scientific world with different Cities. The premise and the concept behind the Tolerance Act and over-all thought of the plot was what really intrigued me the most. Those four aspects made the book very believable and Ashley did a great job achieving that. I also LOVED how clean th
Abigail
People who don't read self-published books are really missing out. Because some indie books are just as awesome as traditionally-published ones, man.

This book was epic. It was heart-wrenching. It was breath-stealing, pulse-racing action and adorably huggable romance. And I loved it so much. It's been awhile since I read a straight-up dystopian novel, and I forgot how much I enjoy the genre. It's more intense than what I normally read (I have a tendency, somehow, to fall on the fluffier side of
Mikayla
I'm not really a Dystopian fan, but since I follow Ashley Bogner's blog, I wanted to read this. I've been hearing about it since before it came out.

What I liked:
1. Katherine was rather out of the ordinary in one way: she likes the rules. I loved this about her. It made her really lovable.
2. And wow that dialog! The author did such a perfect job at everyone having different speaking styles! Dialog is my favorite thing, so having it just pop of the page in here was amazing.
3. I thought the paci
S.G. Willoughby
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this Christian dystopian novel. I'd give the writing strength a 3 out of 5 stars, mostly because it was a bit slower in the beginning. However I *really* liked the theme throughout... it's not far off from our current times, but just enough to be believable and realistic. It's crazy to think about. I also really appreciated the underlying smaller themes as well, that address many issues that our culture is blindly running into, forgetting the way things really should be. The book ...more
Maddy
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, owned-books
Where do I even start with this book??? It was absolutely amazing. It seriously might be my favorite book of 2017 so far. Yep, that good.

The plot was amazing. There was a lot going on in the story, but it never got confusing. It was so thought out and I loved reading how every little detail went into place. It was great and there was never a dull moment.

I absolutely loved the characters in this book. Matthew and Katherine are just so perfect for each other. *grins* It was great to see their fr
Mya Gray
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teen readers ages 13+
Shelves: 2019, indie-published
A unique, hope-filled dystopian story

Wow. Reintegration was an amazing book. The main character, Katherine, goes through a crazy transformation from the perfect citizen in the beginning to who she is at the end. Her character was well-developed and I could empathize with her. I could completely understand her confusion about the world, too, considering her circumstances.
Matthew was a sweet character. Sometimes he seemed a little too perfect, but overall he was pretty great. I wish we could’ve ac
Laura A. Grace
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I very much loved the transformation of the main character, Katherine, in this story. I found it to be encouraging and inspiring as she sought to truly overcome fear and be bold in her actions. Though I can't go into much detail about it, I will say that her "awakening" was pretty amazing. It was interesting to read to say the least.

Matthew was such a sweet guy! He made my heart smile despite everything that was going on.

Katherine's world was one that very closely reminded me of our own world.
A.L. Buehrer
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: dystopia
I was a bit surprised at how much I enjoyed Reintegration. After all, it’s written in first person present tense (Noooo! Not another one!) and I read on the author’s blog that the main character differed from typical dystopian MC by being a rule-following type. I was pretty wary of that point, not typically understanding rule-following types, but it wasn’t too bad.
I found the first half of this book particularly enjoyable. Most of my complaints are from later on, but overall, I liked it.

Things
Angie Thompson
This was a very interesting dystopian setting which felt unsettlingly plausible, based on certain directions our culture is heading. I loved the "Intolerant," Matthew, from the moment I met him, and seeing Katherine's beliefs change as she got to know him better and better was great, too. I appreciated the focus on certain things--morality, truth, family--being embedded into our nature rather than random societal constructs.

There were a lot of times I questioned why Katherine (or others) seemed
Amber Delaina
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
As soon as I ran across this book, I knew I had to read it! It's been at the top of my to-read list for a while now. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed by this book!

This book is different than any other dystopian I've read. This wasn't an action-packed, let’s beat people up and escape kind of book. The story focused more on character and world-building. I actually really enjoyed that aspect of it. It was a nice change compared to all of the other dystopian books I’ve read. Now, it wou
Angela
Well after finishing this I am left with one question.... WHEN IS THE NEXT BOOK COMING OUT!?
I loved this! If you are a fan of Krista McGee Anomaly then you must read this! The fatih elements are excellent, the content is clean, the action and story are well written! I'm excited to see where Ashley's writing is going to take her I really enojoyed this and I can't wait to continute to serise! I plan on doing a review soon and we have a live show that will be anonounce for our book club!
Tabitha Burns
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Good!

This book was recommended by a friend and I’m so glad it was! This book is exactly what you want in a dystopian thriller, well worth the read! I can’t wait to read Underground!
Matthew Sampson
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
A clear debut that shows the author's potential.

Reintegration is one of the few books nowadays that immersed me in the reading experience. I read the book in one sitting. The writing style is clear and communicative, and I enjoyed the change of a dystopia with hope. I also enjoyed the main character, Katherine, and how different she is from the usual YA female main character.

These good points are necessary to remember, because now I'm going to talk about Reintegration's thematic flaw.

The concept
Kristin Spencer
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is touching and thought provoking with plenty of twists and turns. There is some violence toward the end, which is why I don’t recommend this book for readers under the age of 13, but besides that I found it to be totally clean and appropriate. If you like futuristic dystopian style novels, ‘Reintegration’ will definitely keep you entertained and turning the pages. I couldn’t put it down and ended up reading it in one sitting. The only complaint I have is that sometimes there were para ...more
AnonymousReaderPerson
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
It pains me to give this only two stars because I can appreciate what the author was trying to accomplish with this story. But as entertaining fiction goes, there were just some things that left it falling flat to me.

That said, it's probably a far better effort than I'll ever accomplish as an aspiring writer! Most of those are incomplete and turning to dust on my hard drive. At least the author got this one to see the light of day, and with the courage to self-publish, no less.
Jameson
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Set in a futuristic society, Reintegration follows Katherine as she begins her new role as a Regulator and is tasked with deciding if a criminal deserves to be executed or be given a second chance with a new procedure called “Reintegration.” Matthew has been convicted of violating the Tolerance Act—a law meant to prevent persecution for one’s beliefs and maintain peace and order. Katherine believes he can be rehabilitated and introduced to protected life within the cities, but through this choic ...more
Patrice Doten
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely debut novel, with great world building, a unique and well-defined setting and culture, likable characters, and an interesting premise and plot line. The pacing was at times a bit slow, and the POV character's internal monologues tended a bit toward telling and could've been pared back in places. But overall it was an enjoyable, thought-provoking and satisfying story, and I look forward to the next installment!
April Place
Sep 10, 2018
Emily
Sep 07, 2017

• Bellman & Black
  • The Redeemer (Harry Hole, #6)
  • The Garden of Last Days
  • Live by Night (Coughlin, #2)
  • Fawkes
  • To Best the Boys
  • There Was Always Laughter In Our House
  • The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck
  • Rook
  • Illuminate
  • Crossroads
  • Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations
  • Most Wanted (Star Wars)
  • The Girl Who Could See
  • Irreverent (Relevance #2)
  • Calvin
  • The Twin Arrows (The Twin Arrows, #1)
  • Romanov
Ashley Bogner is a nerdy author whose nerdy theologian husband may possibly own more books than she does. She is a homeschool graduate who wrote her first “novel” when she was in fifth grade (which was really a thirty page story about talking cats she is grateful no one will ever read). It’s a rare occasion when she isn’t writing—she works as a technical writer at her day job and writes novels in ...more

Reintegration (2 books)
  • Underground (Reintegration #2)

News & Interviews

Award-winning journalist Maria Hinojosa’s highly anticipated new book, Once I Was You: A Memoir of Love and Hate in a Torn America, arrives...