Start by marking “Not By Chance” as Want to Read:
Not By Chance

Not By Chance

(Chance Series #1)

Drew Rodd has the desire to escape the shadow of his parents and avoid following in the footsteps of his father and his destructive tendencies. At just twenty-four, Drew is promoted to Executive Director at Rival Tech.

ebook, 2513, 214 pages
Published June 5th 2017 by J Bliss Books

To ask other readers questions about Not By Chance, please sign up.
J. Bliss A preview can be found on the website and you can buy it at the following. https://payhip.com/b/2JlW

Start your review of Not By Chance
Coco.V
Jan 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/27/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Drew’s way of life involves a constant struggle with his father’s devious intentions and manipulations. He is always seeking to prick and prod Drew to advance and become a pawn to further his own success. Drew is determined to value his ha
Bree Lewandowski
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm sure a lot of readers and even writers would agree that there's a book and a genre for every reader. And that's how it should be. So, if you are a reader who loves to pick up a book that will keep you turning from one page to the next, then you're totally going to enjoy this book. If you are a reader who like their romantic leads tall, strong, handsome, and utterly in charge, (dare I say an Alpha?), then you're going to enjoy this book. If you love to read about sassy, spunky, driven female ...more
Lydia
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome! It had a little bit of everything. There was action, drama, romance, sex, and characters that were funny enough to make you laugh out loud at their shenanigans. The first book in the Chance Series, this story follows Jasmine Chance, a student finishing up her final year in college before heading out into the business world. She finds herself getting tangled up in the life of Drew Rodd. He's young, rich, handsome, and ready to completely dedicate himself to Jasmine, but som ...more
Carrie
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a new to me author, I loved the book. I was drawn in from the very beginning and really enjoyed the way that the story developed. I was glad we got a glimpse into Jasmine's history, it helped to explain some issues that arise with the story. A very well thought out and plotted story, I would highly suggest this story.
Pat
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written storyline that hooked me right from the first page and the characters were so well developed that I felt like I was peeking through a window watching as the story unfolded between the characters! This was the first book that I read from this author and it definitely will not be the last!
Tequila Rogers
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Star Read!!

I absolutely love that this book captures your attention from the beginning until the end. I literally read this book in one day. Sometimes you have to take chances and try new things in life; don't let something that happened to you in the past stop you from finding love in the future.
Julie Sherman
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great start

This was a great start to a new series for me. It was a little slow at times and a little predictable but it didn't detract from the story.

Nate Hicks
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from chapter 1. Based on the first few pages, I thought it would take a totally different direction than it did, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not only was it sexy, but I found myself able to relate to the characters in a few different ways. 5 stars!
Toya  Davis-Stokley
Sexy!

Drew is so suave! I'm going for more than thoughtful, is sexy as hell! Love this couple and the love that is growing between them. So worried about Jasmine's past, and will it allow her to live. Drew will be there for her every step of the way. Can't wait to five into book 2, to find out what happens. Great read! 👍
Itz Like Magic

Not
Get
Off
Of....
I enjoy every minute of this book, Please read!
Trescina Bell
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!

Loved it! Hot hot hot! I couldn’t put it down. It had me from beginning to the end. Loved the chemistry. Can’t wait for the next book in the series.
She's a Lip Biter
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Drew, aka Andrew, Rod meets Jasmine Chance and there is an instant attraction that simmers to a boil extremely quickly.

Oh my I really like Victoria, she is a straight shooter saying it just as it is, no messing around but it’s the way she says it that’s so great. She’s hilarious! Much of the humour in this book is through the banter between characters and Victoria’s conversations are often good. Chantal is good value too, very blunt but I like her honesty and she is so supportive as a friend.

The
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I start with saying this was a NA romance that had drama, intensity, and real life happenings while trying to fall in love, stay in love and grow in love. Throughout the first installment you want so much for Drew and Jasmine to fight. To keep fighting for what they were building with each other. The characters were rich and strong. Life's dramas, obstacles, and challenges. J. Bliss brought to life a couple that struggled to make it work and the dilemma of where, how to go from where they were. ...more
Sassy Southern
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Drew wants to be his own person, to not be lumped in and viewed just like his father, destructive. No matter what he does, he can't seem to avoid his father, always being dragged down due to not only the parental hold he has on him, but his father's ability to manipulate.

Jasmine's pain is more physical, and why that in no way negates what Drew has lived and dealt with, her scars are both internal and external. She did everything she could to get away and never looked back. She strives t
Angela Sanford
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Author J. Bliss has grabbed my attention from page one in this awesome story. Filled with passion, heat, regrets and past hurts, Jasmine is afraid to take a chance with Andrew, "Drew". A sexy and romantic billionaire, Drew sets his sights on Jasmine and regardless of her past, he wants to help heal her wounds. Will she let go and let Drew take her heart and body, or will she run, afraid of giving life a second chance? I highly recommend this book to anyone that seeks an edge of your seat read!
Geri
Mar 10, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So disappointing smh

I am really at a loss of words right now. I somehow made it to chapter 4 / 15% through the book and just couldn’t take it anymore. Book cover = 5 stars. Character development = 1 star. Dialogue = 1 star. I don’t know what else to say, it was that bad. From page 1, I found myself confused as to who was even talking. Felt like it was written by a teenager, trying their hand at adult romance. What a waste!
Tiffany N
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Must read.

Omg this is a very hot, steamy, make you wanna find your own Romel, Drew kind of story. Can't wait to read the next one. J. Bliss is one hell of a author. The passion in this story will have you on a wild roller coaster ride. Please if you haven't read it yet take a chance now and start. You won't regret it.
Keitha Besok
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, Its just an excellent book... how gives you background on the main characters and how they all became bonded with the most important people ( friends ) in their day to day lives is what makes is but such a good book... How they care for each other and how strong the feels are for one another is all so moving... I just can't wait to get started reading Taking Chance
Kayla Hawkins
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book,very hot and sexual scenes,but if your like me and you love that kind of book this is an amazing story!i love it,once you start it you won’t be able to put it down ,it’s amazing!!a must read
Carolyn
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a Chance

It took a minute to get into the story and the author's style. The story had many nuances and kept the story going. The chemistry was off for me, they did not totally connect chemistry-wise. The story was good otherwise.
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Apr 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
**Review to follow**
Shonda Carter
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love The Chance Series! I find myself fussing out loud with the characters! I truly feel as if I know every character personally.
Yovonda Coleman
Jul 03, 2018
gayle ishop
May 09, 2019
Tanya Brown-King
Feb 16, 2019
Anie
rated it did not like it
Mar 26, 2019
Rengina Marriage
Feb 02, 2019
Clara Evans
Feb 09, 2019
Sandsuhray Hawkins
Feb 12, 2019
Lit 102 Spring 2020: Not by Chance Realizing Characters 7 11 Feb 07, 2020 08:50PM
Lit 102 Spring 2020: Not by Chance 23 12 Feb 03, 2020 10:32AM
Lit 102 Spring 2020: Not by Chance Characters 15 12 Jan 31, 2020 03:34PM
Lit 102 Spring 2020: Not by Chance Chapters 1-3 27 14 Jan 30, 2020 12:09PM
Lit 102 Spring 2020: The First Kiss Drew & Jasmine 16 21 Jan 13, 2020 04:31PM

• Can't Match This
  • Let Me Please You (McClain Brothers #4.5)
  • The Contingency Bid
  • Slipped up in Love: A Mason family novel
  • Honeydew (Southern Seduction Book 1)
  • Baggage Claimed
  • Any and Everything for Love
  • #FutureHusband
  • My Soul Is Tied To You
  • Nasty: An Erotic Spin-off (Erotic Series Book 2)
  • Everything I Desire
  • I'm Yours (Southern Seduction Book 2)
  • My Love Wasn't Meant For You