Start by marking “Beast in the Darkness (Darkness, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Beast in the Darkness (Darkness, #2.5)

Beast in the Darkness

(Darkness #2.5)

*FREE*

*Meant to be read after Fire In The Darkness*

Beast In The Darkness (An Elighan Dragen Novelette)

We know the story from Ember's POV, but what happens to Eli after Ember disappears? Crawl inside Eli's mind and experience what he goes through. Be warned his mind in not a fuzzy warm place to be....

**Warning this contains sexual content and language.
**Contains Spoilers if
Alternate cover edition
Published (first published December 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Beast in the Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beast in the Darkness

Erin
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-faves
EEEEP! Hot damn, getting inside Eli's mind is such a guilty pleasure!! This sexy beast of a man has one hell of a temper, and when Ember suddenly disappeared after their steamy escape from reality, he was PISSED! Allowing his beast to take over as he scoured the land for her, a part of him was lost when he thought she was gone. For three years he dragged his way through his existence, screwing and drinking away his sorrows whenever the opportunity struck. When suddenly he was bowled over by the ...more
Vaishali • [Vicarious Living]
Rating: 3.8

“She was dead and I not only hated her, I resented her ever coming into my life.”

This novelette takes place during ‘Fire in the Darkness’ when Ember runs away from Lorcan and Eli in the forest, outside of Lars's property and goes missing. It is told from Eli's point of view and we get to see what happens to him during three years on Earth in Ember's absence. It was an insight into the mind of this complicated beast and felt almost like a privilege to delve into his very broken and f
Nikki Jefford
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you, Stacey Marie Brown, for this opportunity to bond with Eli! :D I was already a big Eli fan and now I've really fallen for him. Love getting into the guy's head and hanging out with the Dark Dweller dudes. Come on, what gal doesn't want to spend time with the guys? ;)

Fast, fun - just what I needed tonight.
Naomi 🐨
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved reading Eli's point of view from when he first laid eyes on Ember and the darkness that consumed him when he was apart from her. Thank you Stacey!!!! :)
Akilah Raines
3 words:

I NEED MORE!!!!! That little piece of getting inside Eli's head was not enough! God, Dwellers of Darkness hurry up!!!!

[image error]

This is a 10 to 15 minute read tops! It takes place right after what went down between Ember, Eli and Lorcan ( read both books to find out) .... No SERIOUSLY, TAKE YOUR ASS AND READ THEM NOW!!

And we get an inside to Eli's mind from that point on to right at the end of Fire in the Darkness!

I freaking looooooved it and that little teaser just made me relapse,
Tiffany
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poor Eli.
Tina
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, Eli's pov was sooo good!!! It showcased the depth of his feelings & how Ember leaving & losing the connection wrecked him & how much anger he had for her along with the pain & suffering of the loss. I just wish that they would actually just get to the truth instead of the secrets & half truths. But that is very much how the fey do things so it's true to that world. I just wished it had been much longer. I can't wait for book 3!!!! Love love this series!!!
Jessa
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god. You have no idea. This was fantastic. It was awesome to see what Eli was thinking and feeling. And it's a great help for us to kinda see where he's coming from and why he acts like he does.
Oh man. Totally can't wait for the next book.
Jenn
A little disappointed in this one. It was advertised as being a glimpse into what was going on with Eli while Ember was away but it really kind of skipped over all of that and focused mostly on when she got back. But it was nice to be inside his head and see how he really feels about everything.
Nicole
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Eh

His personality/character and actions seem to constantly contradict each other. On one hand he feels this and believes this, but then does the opposite. Then, in the next chapter later he switches. I don't know if that is just his character or if it's a writing problem. If anything, this perspective short story made me think worse of him. Unfortunately, I don't really like his character and this just further solidified it.
Beast In The Darkness was the perfect fix for those of us waiting for the third book in the Darkness series to be released. It was a wild ride being inside Eli's head. It was a brief story but sufficient to give fans an understanding of how Eli's mind generally works, how the dynamics of his group are changing, and how he truly feels about Ember. Sigh... I can't wait for the next book. I'm loving this series!!!

Beast In The Darkness is a novelette that accompanies the Darkness series written by S
Heather  book whore & shifter slut extrordinaire
I LOVE ELI! I have loved Eli from the moment he drove by on his bike and saved her from Weiss.

I LOVE EMBER! I have loved her (and laughed and cried and yelled with her) since I read the first word of the first book.

I think - no matter what has or will happen - Eli and Ember deserve happiness and that means they deserve to be together.

Now I'm scared. I don't know this Eli, this man controlled by darkness and despair. This broken man who has become more beast than man since he lost his way. Since
Sudaba
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Eli <3 And I loved his POV...It was good to hear his thoughts and it was nice to find out how he really felt and what's been going on in his head...And now I feel sorry for him because there is so much against him and Ember, so many secrets and lies and I just wonder how they will overcome them....But I hope they will overcome all the problems in the 3 book and finally will be together and loving each other and fighting together againts all the others who wants them apart....So fair wa ...more
Christy
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow.. I didn't really think I would need to read Eli's POV considering I just finished books 1 and 2 in the last couple of days, but I'm glad I did. I'm really excited for the next book being released this Thursday!
By the conclusion of book 2, it was obvious by Eli's reaction to Embers return, that her time away had completely altered him or at the very least hardened him toward her. I'm really glad we were given a glimpse into the pain and heartache he went through in her absence.
Can't wait!!
Tina
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my! Eli is beyond hot and to actually get to read his point of view is beyond amazing. I devoured this novelette and loved every sexy and demented second of it. If you are a fan of the series, this is a must read.
Sanette
Oh that was amazing!! how I wish book three would be in their alternating POV's but alas I doubt that will be the case. I love Eli and I really really hope she does not end up with Torin! God I hate love triangles!!! :-)
Metessa
Sep 13, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This novella is disappointing to say the least, I'm not sure why Brown bothered.
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
This review MAY contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.

Okay, so I really love multi-POV books! This series was not multi-POV, so this novelette was a great addition to the series. Not only do we get to see what happens to Eli in between books two and three, but we also get two scenes from the first two books completely from Eli's point of view. I loved that the new story was very raw and clearly shows the emotional turmoil that Eli went through when Ember was missing. He pretty much gave up on
Stacy Sabala
Book Review- Beast of the Darkness by Stacey Marie Brown

This novella is written from Eli’s point of view. Most of it occurs when Ember has disappeared into the Otherworld and he loses contact. He can no longer feel her. He thinks she is dead. The author gives a quick view of how he feels and what he goes through during that time.
Then there is a jump where Eli has to rescue her in the warehouse. It is fun to read his thoughts and why he is doing what he is doing. I love the bickering between them
Kacey Filiptsova
Neither great nor bad

This little novella was a small addition to a series that i believe true fans will appreciate while others will deem it an unnecessary addition. The writing isnt an issue but the pace seemed rushed and i finished this with the sense that there couldve shouldve...been more. Definitely worth the read if you emjoy the series as much as i did, however you wont miss anything without this...although i did emjoy that chapter 5 from eli's pov. It did make it easier to see where he c
Tracy
I really liked this entire series and didn't know about this novella until just recently. It's been long enough since I read the series that I could barely remember anything about it. Not the author's fault, I am just terrible at remembering things. I think it's really hard to write a novella, because you can't exactly fit an entire story in a few short pages. But if you are currently reading this series I think you would enjoy reading this between books 2 and 3. Fills in some gaps. I did like i ...more
Heather Pulliam
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unlike E.L. James, Stacey Marie Brown brings to light the main character's thoughts, feelings, actions and personality in this "side note" addition to the Darkness Series. Eli is brought into a light that makes him more sexy, dark and waning. His battles with outside encounters and his heart, create a deeper connection with the reader.
Kalli Bunch
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
See things from Eli's point of view. This novelette tells certain scenes from the books from Eli's perspective. And it shows what he went through when Ember was missing and presumed dead. You seriously don't want to miss this.
AMO
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good but wish it was longer....

This novelette shows that if the series had been written from both POVs it would have made for a way more interesting series (and reduced the YA feel to it). Maybe a very long series of books but I think it still would of worked.
Gen Aljoe
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read for fans of Eli and Ember

Loved reading from Eli's POV. I wish it would have included his POV for more of the series. I would love to read his side when he decided he loved Ember.
Alison Motherwell
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tantalising

This book gives us a look into the mind of Eli, his mixed emotions when it came to Ember and how it all began.
Shannon
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good!!!
Melanie
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More please

So not long enough. I have fallen for Eli and could read a whole series on his POV alone! I want more
Lauren the Book Slayer
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great novella! After book two, I liked Eli a lot more, and I was excited for his POV.
Joy Boutwell
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This isn't my kind of book but it was still good. It kept me wondering what was going to happen next.
  • Into The Green (The Green #1)
  • Soul Possessed (The Life After #2)
  • Reign (Roam, #6)
  • This Place is Death (Curse Keepers Secret #1; Curse Keepers #1.5)
  • The Arrival (The Eslite Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood of the Sorcerer  (The Kingdom Chronicles #2)
  • Choosing Chase
  • Britton (The Awakening, #3)
  • First (The Crescent Chronicles #4.1)
  • The Keeper: A Brilliant Darkness Story (Brilliant Darkness, #1.5)
  • The Magic (The Wilds, #4)
  • Hunger Revealed (Vampire Hunger, #1.5)
  • Spring Rain (The Witchling, #4)
  • Hunting Angel (Divisa, #2) and Including Breaking Emma Novella [ Divisa 2.5]
  • After the Fall (Broken Angel, #2)
  • King Cave (Forever Evermore, #2)
  • Midnight Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #8.5 & #10.5)
  • A Matter of Heart (Fate, #2)
Stacey Marie Brown is a lover of hot fictional bad boys and sarcastic heroines who kick butt. She also enjoys books, travel, TV shows, hiking, writing, design, and archery. Stacey swears she is part gypsy, being lucky enough to live and travel all over the world.

Darkness (4 books)
  • Darkness of Light (Darkness, #1)
  • Fire in the Darkness (Darkness, #2)
  • Dwellers of Darkness (Darkness, #3)
  • Blood Beyond Darkness (Darkness, #4)