Jump to ratings and reviews

Zerconian Warriors #8

An Alien To Die For

Desperately wanting to escape her life on Earth, Alice boards a transporter set for Zerconia. The idea of a hunky Zerconian warrior of her very own is both tempting and scary. Clumsy, sweet and slightly naïve, Alice wasn’t prepared for hunky, sexy, commanding Jaxan..

Jaxan had almost lost hope of finding his mate when he rescues Alice. Almost straight away, he realizes that she is his mate. What he doesn’t anticipate is that she might want time to get to know him. But he wants to give her what she needs. She is everything to him. He will do whatever he needs to in order to make her happy.

Except Alice seems to find trouble wherever she goes. When she puts her life in danger, then all bets are off. He wants her happy. He also wants her to be safe.
To be his.

Happy ever after guaranteed. Best enjoyed as part of the series so it is recommended to read the other books first.

169 pages, Kindle Edition

Published June 14, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Sadie Carter

37 books347 followers
Best selling author, Sadie wanted to blend her love of writing, Sci-Fi (why did they cancel Firefly - sobs) and sexy, dominant males.
If you'd like to keep up with any updates, she has a Facebook page.
Sign up to her newsletter (http://eepurl.com/bQPcI5) and receive a FREE NOVELLA set in the Zerconian Warriors world, you'll also receive information about new releases, excerpts from upcoming books and deleted scenes.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
8 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 23 of 23 reviews
115 reviews4 followers
June 17, 2017
(I received a ARC for this book ) Ok so we have Alice, she comes from a strict religious cult like family. Her mean abusive father wants to set her up in a arranged marriage. Her Cousin Rich gets her to leave Earth and come to Zerconia. On her way there her ship get taken hostage. Rich gets the Zerconian Warriors to rescue her. Jaxan is on the mission and as soon as he sees Alice he knows she is his mate. Alice is a doll. She is sweet and funny and clumsy and Always getting lost. She has no idea how much she worries Jaxan with her antics. He just adores her even though she drives him crazy. He is so protective and sexy. He is just a Big Alien Softee. I can't get enough of them. I just love seeing all the old characters in this book too. I have become very attached to them and it is such a treat to catch up with them. I would really love it if Rich got his own story. He is nothing but trouble and I love every time he makes an appearance lol . Every time I finish one of these books I can not waittt for the next one. This is hands down my favorite Sci-Fi Romance Series.
666 reviews5 followers
September 14, 2021
The arch was better than the romance in this one. I guess she came from some sort of backwards overly religious farming community. Ironic then who the villain turns out to be. But she was a bit too timid for me. Kind of like those baby goats who can’t walk in a straight line and are hopping all over the place.

Major continuity error with saving her and other women off alien spaceship then suddenly Alice has the stuff she brought with her from Earth. No. That was left on the transport. Which was on the Coizil warship.

Up to now we haven’t been told where on earth the women are from, but they speak in British English, so I assume that’s where. But this gal is from Ohio. She should be speaking American English. Or explain it.

Anyway. Off to the next one.
Profile Image for Biondatina.
431 reviews19 followers
September 19, 2017
I like the Zerconian Warriors series.
It is so sweet series, it like eating chocolate.
Some of the girls have amazing stories and of course the couple one is Zoey and Dex. They are Unbelievable!
Pls Mrs Carter give us more warriors love earth girls! Go on with the good work!
Profile Image for Kaitlin Schnepf.
316 reviews4 followers
June 19, 2018
One of the worst plots and “character” development I’ve ever read.
130 reviews
July 17, 2017
This series is still going strong!!!

Make sure you have absolutely nothing else that you need to do before starting book 10 of the Zerconian Warriors series, because you definitely won't be able to put it down!!! Sadie Carter hit this one out of the park!! I loved Alice and Jaxan , but seriously what is there not love about those Zerconian males? This series just keeps getting better and I can't wait for the next book (dang it! I couldn't put this down once I started and now I want the next one!!!🙈😜) I won't go into all the details and give away spoilers or rehash the story's description, I know you have probably already read the blurb! I will say if this is your first book to read in this series you will get much more enjoyment if you start with first book "Alien Warrior". Although each story is about a different couple, Ms Carter integrates her characters from the previous books in this series so you feel like you are visiting with old friends as she pulls you right on into their world. If you love hot, gorgeous, alpha males who adore their mates along with some also hot sex??? You can't go wrong with this series! Another plus to me is that book 10 and a couple others in this series are available on Kindle Unlimited!! Just can't beat that!!! Enjoy!!😎
Profile Image for Karen Voitik.
2,889 reviews
September 3, 2017
>Book Review – An Alien to Die For

>I am an independent reviewer. This book is the 10th in the Zerconian Warriors series and ends in an HEA. Alice is a sheltered woman who is coming to Zerconia to escape a cult-like existence. The ship carrying the women is overtaken by aliens wishing to do all of the women harm. Alice hides and contacts her cousin on Zerconia, who sends rescuers for the remaining women. As Jaxan is rescuing the women, he touches Alice and learns she is his mate.

>This book has a lot of alpha protectiveness in it. Alice tends to get lost and in trouble quite often, causing her cousin and Jaxan to worry and lay down rules for her. The previous characters make appearances, especially Dax and Zoey. As is usual in this series, there is a minor danger that brings out the best in the female protagonist, in this case, Alice.

>This book is appropriate for an adult audience. I am giving the story 4 stars. I keep wishing for more description of everyday life on Zerconia for the mated females. Much is made of the fact that there are no jobs for females. What do they do all day?

Profile Image for Karen Nastasio.
1,754 reviews8 followers
October 6, 2018
Alice has had a sheltered life and being forced to comply with her father demands as leader of there religious group, but just not her every female as well as her mother where treated poorly and worked to the bone all while the men stood watching and if anything went wrong they where all punished. Rich is her cousin and worries about how she is treated and finds away for her to leave and she takes it. The ship she is high jacked on its way to Zerconia by the evil coizils that kill anything but she and two other women hide and don’t get captured but for now long, then she remembers her communicator and sends a message to the cousin Rich. Now they race to save her and all the women on board. Jaxan has heard Alice’s voice and the fear she is feeling and want to protect her. Is she his mate and can they save everyone. Get this book to find out you will love it.
Profile Image for Pet.
2,640 reviews4 followers
November 2, 2017
Love Alice, absolutely totally know women like her. While this story had all the usual fun a Sadie Carter story brings, there was a very serious mental issue dealt with here, and though she didn't go into it as much as I would have liked she did handle it well.
Profile Image for Bookgyrl.
1,298 reviews13 followers
June 19, 2017
This one is about Alice, a shy human girl who travels to Zerconia at the urgent request of Rich, who is the brother of Annabel of the last book. Annabel and Rich are Alice's cousins and know about Alice's strict upbringing. Almost near Zerconia the ship is attacked.

I somehow really connected with Alice and enjoyed her relationship with Jaxan. However, these books are so short that right at the moment you really get into the story, it ends. Valuable time was also spent on another planet for a subplot. I wish there had been more time for Alice and Jaxan and less on that storyline.

3,072 reviews26 followers
February 22, 2021
Alice directionally impaired

Alice is a sweet woman who had been verbally and physically abused. Alice was never allowed to be alone on earth. Jaxon immediately realizes Alice is his mate and that she needs him to be patient which is difficult . Alice starts to gain a bit of self-confidence on the ship but reverts backwards for a bit.
256 reviews
June 19, 2017
So good

I love this series. It's addictive. The stories are wonderful and the characters are lovable. Sometimes there is a little issue with the writing. It's a little choppy, but the story is so good you over look it.
Profile Image for LuDena .
2,274 reviews2 followers
June 21, 2017
Cute

Cute ,ditzy and courageous describes Alice though she doesn't believe it. Jason is bad to the bone Alpha hot with a bit of a sensitive side. Threaten his mate and he'll be sensitive all over you. Good series
23 reviews
July 14, 2017
Outstanding series

Every book in this series is even better than the last. Another fantastic book in this series. I love how Ms Carter integrates her characters from the other books in thus series into each new one. I cannot recommend this series highly enough.
916 reviews1 follower
July 31, 2019
Really good

Alice is sweet. A little clumsy. Madam is a fierce Zerconian Warrior. He sees Alice and knows she is his mate. Alice is a free spirit. Madam is very discilpined. Alice turns his world upside down. Loved it!!
Profile Image for Connie Harris.
1,254 reviews2 followers
June 3, 2020
I've been waiting for this one! Awesome story!

Jaxar and Alice was a very special love story.It had adventure, suspense, comedy and was romantic. Two fated mates searching for their other half. Loved it!
Profile Image for Izzie d.
4,002 reviews257 followers
June 17, 2017
Really enjoyed this book. Both sweet characters.Good plot. Zoey from book 1 is hilarious.
Profile Image for Vera.
146 reviews
December 4, 2017
This story just gets better

The story of the Zerconians gets better and better. I can't wait to see what kind of trouble our warriors will find on earth.
173 reviews
May 25, 2018
An alien to die for

Yes 👍,what can I say amazing I love this book so much I laugh and I was excited all at the same time.thanks again
53 reviews
September 2, 2020
Another very good read

Another good read and a lovely story I just love this series each story is different and well written that's all I have to say really
Profile Image for shannon  Stubbs.
1,546 reviews2 followers
July 28, 2022
Not baf

The story wasn't bad. I liked Alice and Jaxan. Sometimes Jaxan would get on my nerves with his over protectiveness. Otherwise it wasn't too bad.
7,015 reviews1 follower
April 18, 2022
❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌
Profile Image for Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog).
1,730 reviews534 followers
January 6, 2022
An Alien to Die For (Zerconian Warriors #10) – Alice and Jaxan – One of my favourites!

He’s a sweet Zerconian warrior searching for his mate. She’s a clumsy, awkward farm girl escaping from her cruel family.

I know what I want for my birthday and it’s over 6 ft tall, has eyes that change colour and is adorably arrogant. That’s right sign me up for a Zerconian warrior of my very own. I love those guys and I devoured all the currently released books, including the novellas, in under a week. I confess, I was a little addicted.

But there was a lot to love about this series, Sadie Carter has done a fantastic job at not only writing a troop of sexy alien warrior, but she given us a whole bunch of feisty, hilarious heroines as well. I enjoyed watching the friendship develop between the women almost as much as the romances.

As I mentioned I read these book in quick succession, which meant that I quickly worked out the formula that each of the books follow. This did make each instalment predictable, however, that obviously didn’t stop me from jumping from one book to another. This was a light-hearted and fun series to read and although you known what’s going to happen that doesn’t take away the enjoyment I took from reading each warrior fall for his human woman.

This series covers a lot of troupes/character types as well, so if you like a plain Jane, grumpy heroes, warrior women, enemies to lovers stories than this series is bound to fulfil your wishes. Personally, I really enjoy plain Jane and grumpy hero stories so those were my favourite books in the series.
Profile Image for Barbara L.
233 reviews
November 11, 2022
The hits with this series just keeps on coming

Take one hunk of a warrior, one over bearing cousin, and one beautiful but clueless lady and boy what fun you have the pleasure of watching them try to get on with the mating.
Displaying 1 - 23 of 23 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.