Start by marking “Fire in the Darkness (Darkness, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fire in the Darkness (Darkness, #2)

Fire in the Darkness

(Darkness #2)

***This is NOT a YA Series but a New Adult (17+). Sexual Content and Language.***

It's been four weeks since Ember Brycin witnessed what her powers are capable of. The Electrical Current Storm has turned Seattle, Washington into a natural disaster zone. The death toll is in the thousands with countless others homeless and hungry.

And Ember is the one who caused it. Something
Published January 9th 2014 by Twisted Fairy Publishing (first published August 31st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fire in the Darkness, please sign up.
Vaishali • [Vicarious Living]
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

April
My Feelings While Reading:

First, My Eli:
 photo tumblr_mrx64iVCjR1rtw38bo1_500_zps2cff4b65.png

Yes, my cocky, self assured, mystery clouded, Eli

photo tumblr_mtwkp3gifb1sr39gto1_500_zps130fb82c.gif

He makes me... well several things. With the sexual tension between he and Ember that you can feel through the pages...

photo tumblr_mtwhjq20Vy1sr39gto1_500_zps375b97f9.gif

Lip biting doesn't even describe what I want to do with this fictional character. If that makes me crazy, so be it.

Ember:

photo tumblr_mu3hgdY5om1so516ho1_500_zps9468c949.jpg

Ember's thoughts:

photo tumblr_mu3lzjZOkR1rbjs38o1_500_zps729f2b7e.png

photo tumblr_mtlaecCuGK1sr39gto1_500_zpsb0f097d1.gif

photo tumblr_mu3qoxVGwz1rctteoo1_500_zps7ab1ae3d.jpg

My emotions for her:

photo tumblr_mtl6b5F6g61sr39gto1_500_zps76480aec.gif

Then some of her choices...

photo tumblr_mtwi54tmdl1sr39gto1_400_zpsfa85edb7.gif

After reading this...

photo tumblr_mtlax3AoTu1sr39gto1_500_zps65a694b2.gif

Figuring out a major plot twist that is to come in Book 3, I am left with cr
Erin
Fire In the Darkness by Stacey Marie Brown- 5 stars

Just when I thought I had my mind wrapped around all that is Ember Brycin, Stacey Marie Brown goes and makes her all the more dynamic, tenacious, and craaaaazy hot vixen on me! With secrets unearthed and facades crumbling, Ember’s journey has become wrought with challenges of her mind, body, and heart that have her (and me!) completely torn.

I was blown away by the first installment of the Darkness series, and I couldn’t wait to get back to the
Metessa
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moning's Fever series meets The Mortal Instruments.

Always write your book review before you read the next book! Let me think...

Eli and Embers back and forth relationship gets really tiresome. Fortunately, the storyline takes off and we get introduced to some great new characters to keep things interesting. Again great interaction between characters, borderlines on wordy at times but overall it's good stuff.

We've gone from edgy to steamy romantically, young'uns beware. It's descriptive and blunt
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Following the aftermath of the destruction of Seattle, Ember is on the run from everyone. Eli finally catches up with her and takes her back to the Dark Dweller compound to keep her safe. Ember and Eli resume their bickering and sexual tension increases. Lorcan then shows up and (view spoiler) ...more
Pam Nelson
3.5 Fire in the Darkness Stars

I am still on the fence do I or don’t I like this series.

I want to like it sooooo badly, I am just not connecting with Ember like I did with Zoey. Maybe it’s the age? And that Ember seems so teeny and Zoey didn’t.

I will say things heat up in this book and I am looking forward to see where the story is going to go.

I am still torn between Eli & Torin.. and West kind of make me go hmmm

So it will be fun to see where this is all going to go.

I like the narration
Naomi 🐨
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ember is really finding herself and the magnitude of her power in this second book. I love how she is becoming stronger and willing to protect her family no matter what the consequences. I am also loving the addition of some hot males Cole, Cooper, West and of course Eli Dragen ❤ sigh.... Torin is also starting to make an impression on me.
“You trust me, right?” Torin’s gentle hands gripped my arms. “You know I’d do anything in my power for you.” He pulled me to him and his warm lips found mine i
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok definitely moving on to book 3 now! That ending was kinda killed lol
Jenn
I think I enjoyed this one more than the first. But I think that has more to do with the fact that we weren't weighed down by world building here because we know the characters and what they can do, so it was easy for the author to just jump right in. The pacing was also much better which really helped with the flow.

After escaping the Queen, Ember must live as a refuge with her enemies - the Dark Dwellers. Only they aren't really enemies but are becoming more like a family. I liked how Ember's
Shayna Varadeaux
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who read NA or Paranormal Romance with loads of action!

I was given this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Courtesy of Lovers of Paranormal Group

We find Brycin four weeks after her powers are forced to surface in the worst way.
She has no allies but one man, Torin. He is only available to her in dream, but not physically per se, being close to her doesn't help her much anyway.
She's on the run from the Seelie Queen's minions all searching for her. Ember is Dae a mix of pure Fay and Demon. It makes her a most unusual and powerful asset.
The queen w
Melanie
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ry-2013, read-in-2013
5+++++++*s
I frikken LOVED this !!!!
review posted here...

Argh, I frikken LOVED this!!! I need more now!!!
As the synopsis tells us – it’s been four weeks since Ember was forced to use her powers to decimate Seattle, four weeks since she managed to escape Aniera’s clutches but also four weeks that her father has been in captivity and four weeks that she has had to live with the devastation caused by herself and the lives lost through her power. Trying to blen
Akilah Raines
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I almost have no words.... I devoured this book and now I'm sitting here like ... "what do I do with my life!?" Review to come on www.smibookclub.com for the blog tour on 9/24/13
Heather  book whore & shifter slut extrordinaire
-Full review to come but this book somehow managed to be even better than the first! The twists and turns you expect from Stacey became vertical leaps in this book - truly beyond comprehension what she has created.- Full review is done. Read on my friends....

I was provided a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Fire in the Darkness is the second book in the Darkness series by Stacey Marie Brown. This is one of the most intense, amazing, page-flying, heart pounding, he
Michelle

This series just blows my mind. You guys all remember how much I LOVED Darkness of Light, and Fire in the Darkness delivered just as much as the first book. I could not put it down. it kept me guessing right up until the end, and I think I actually gasped out loud a few times while reading.

Ember is awesome in Fire in the Darkness. She has this amazing dry sense of humor. She just deadpans these great one liners and she is constantly cracking me up. I love watching her zing Eli over and over aga
Lauren
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Paranormal Romance, Fans of Jennifer L. Armentrout
I received this ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

While I enjoyed Darkness of Light, the first book in the Darkness series by Stacey Marie Brown, it didn’t stand out to me as particularly exciting up until the end. And what an ending! Picking up after a small time jump, Darkness of Night doesn’t waste any time before kicking the action, world-building, and romance up a notch. And it just gets better from there.

I love Ember as a character and I feel like she really came into
Bookworms Devouring Words
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
So when I finished the last book I realized my big colossal mistake. I read the Collector Series first... Yup...

I realize later on I made a bigger mistake not reading this series first before The Collector Series.

Brycin' s powers come to light (literally) by creating an Electrical storm that destroyed Seattle which kills hundreds and lives thousands without homes. Brycin is left with the guilt even if her powers were used against her will.

Her continued journey is a long one but its one that
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
I was a little worried at the beginning of this book, but I shouldn't have been. Once the story takes off, it's full speed ahead. My favorite things about this book were all of the new characters introduced and of course, Ember and Eli. Fire in the Darkness was considerably better than the first book in the series. I can't wait to find out what happens in the third book!
Jessa
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy cow you guys! This was incredible. I couldn't put it down.
Eli and Ember? Seriously OTP (one true pairing)! And now I have to wait for the next book. This is going to feel like a long wait.
Nikki Jefford
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh man that ending was crazy!

And Eli... Hot damn!
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
4.5/5 Stars

This review MAY contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.

Stacey Marie Brown really upped her game with the second book in the Darkness series. I'm pretty impressed with how much better it was than the first book. I really enjoyed the first book, but there were a few things that I felt needed refinement. Most of those things were definitely improved in this book.

The flow of the story is much better in this book. I felt that the first book dragged in the middle a bit, but this one didn't
Alaina (Bibliophilic Barista)
I would like to thank the author for offering me an ARC copy of Fire in the Darkness in exchange for an honest review. I was so excited to get the chance to jump back into Ember’s (and of course Eli’s) world!

I was so in love with book one, Darkness of Light (which if you haven’t read this review may contain spoilers, and you should start there before continuing), I didn’t know if I could survive the wait for the answer to the cliffhanger and what was going to happen to Ember and her friends… but
Desirae (Dee)
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the sequel to one of my favorite books of 2013, Darkness of Light. This was another book that cause me a total book hangover. I am totally addicted to Eli. As soon as I finished book one, I knew KNEW I had to read this book. It was like I pushed everything aside and had to get to this book. I had to know what happened next. Rush to the front of the line, get me that book!! Oh OH oh Oh oh !! SO excited so excited so excited!

Okay, back to the book. Sometimes I wanna slap Eli on the back o
Heather
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-boyfriends
I stayed up until 1 AM last night finishing this (I started it at 9 PM, finished the first, jumped into the second). The series is that good. This is one where you pick up the first book and just want to keep going until you have finished the last one available and then you sit here waiting (im)patiently for the next one to arrive.

Ember now knows that she can pull some serious punches with her power, serious as in take out all of Seattle serious. We also know that Ember is fae and that is why sh
Satarupa
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side!

Firstly I would like to thank Stacey Marie Brown, the author of Fire in the Darkness, for presenting me this opportunity of reviewing your wonderful book.

The story line is awesome and the characters are strong, flourished and easy to connect with. I loved the protagonist/heroine Ember because unlike most of the other novels Ember is strong, self dependent and confident but in this sequel we get to see her
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Favorite Line “We have a pack mentality. Like wolves. And like it or not, I can sense Eli claiming you. He's making you part of the clan.”

“Em, you have more of a conscience and soul than anyone I’ve ever met, but you’re not righteous or judgmental. You don’t look at things in black and white. You understand people live in grey areas and make hard choices, not because they’re evil, but because of circumstances. And you know you could, too.”

“Be careful not to mistake Dark or Unseelie with evil. Th
Natalie
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! I loved this book; Stacey Marie Brown wrote a killer sequel to Darkness of Light. I finished Fire in the Darkness in a little over two hours and I am impatiently waiting for book three. Thanks so much to Stacey for the ARC!
Now to review, I won't be doing a synopsis because I don't want to give anything away, but I need to gush about how much I loved this book!
Not only was the story great, the book was extremely well written. The characters were relatable and realistic; I found myself
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
The only reason this is a 3 star instead of a 2.5 is because of the plot twists.

Throughout the book Ember seemed like a whiny brat at times while flipping back to being a good heroine. Eli... I still do not like Eli. I can never fully tell what is going to happen with him. Is he going to final give into the sexual tension or is he going to keep being an asshole.

Ember makes bad decision after bad decision. I get she has trust issues but she's a freaking idiot.

The plot twists. I sort of guessed on
Tina
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book started shortly after the first one left off. Ember is finally realizing the extent of her powers & the damage that can be done but still has almost no control over them. She's not sure who to trust or who to turn to, she just knows she's got to survive & stay away from the creatures hunting her from the Seelie & Unseelie court. I got sucked into this book as instantly as the first, I was rooting for Ember all the way & got emotional with her & angry with her for be ...more
Kitlina
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really don't know what to think. I do love the plot but the connections are so confusing.
When I think I have a grasp on things something happens that throws my world upside down. I don't know who to trust or what to believe.
What I hate the most is that Eli's and Ember's relationship is based on nothing. No trust, no loyalty, no romance. NOTHING. There is no communication between the two, except for insulting and demeaning.
I couldn't function that way. I hope things get better in the next book
Patricia Huynh
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy hot smokes and demon babies. Holy crap on ash bark.

I have stumbled onto pure awesome that is this series. I am so frustrated from all these secrets and shit keeps happening. So many lies and betrayals it hurts my heart to keep reading!

I must really be a masochist or a glutton for punishment, lol. A HIGHLY recommended read, especially one for Para NA.
Megan
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved reading this book...definitely had some unsuspecting surprises...can't wait to read the next!
  • The Whispering (The Velesi Trilogy, #3)
  • Sun Poisoned (Sunshine #2)
  • King Tomb (Forever Evermore, #3)
  • Reign of Ice (Forever Fae, #4)
  • My Life From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy #3)
  • Hunted (Eden, #2)
  • The Roads of Taryn MacTavish (Lords of Arcadia, #3)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Masked (New World, #2)
  • Homecoming (Cloaked Devices #0.5)
  • Ungifted (Supernaturals, #2)
  • Soulless
  • Found (Penny Black #1)
  • Jekyll (Hyde, #2)
  • Angelstone (Dark Angel, #2)
  • Silence of the Wolves (Call of the Wilderness #1)
  • The Reason Series: Complete Collection (Reason, #1-4)
  • Rivulet (Insight #7; Rivulet #1; Web of Hearts and Souls #11)
Stacey Marie Brown is a lover of hot fictional bad boys and sarcastic heroines who kick butt. She also enjoys books, travel, TV shows, hiking, writing, design, and archery. Stacey swears she is part gypsy, being lucky enough to live and travel all over the world.

Darkness (4 books)
  • Darkness of Light (Darkness, #1)
  • Dwellers of Darkness (Darkness, #3)
  • Blood Beyond Darkness (Darkness, #4)
“You're asking for it. You do not mess with a man’s peanut butter.” 15 likes
“Awesome . . .” Jared spoke up from the other side of the room. “Ember, the Otherworld's wonder mutt.” 4 likes