Start by marking “This Could Change Everything” as Want to Read:
This Could Change Everything

This Could Change Everything

THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER

If only Essie hadn't written that letter - the one that went viral...

THIS COULD CHANGE EVERYTHING is the feel-good new novel from Jill Mansell, the bestselling author of MEET ME AT BEACHCOMBER BAY. Not to be missed by fans of Katie Fforde and Lucy Diamond.

On the one hand, if Essie hadn't written that letter - the one that only her best friend wa
Published July 12th 2018 by Headline Review (first published January 25th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about This Could Change Everything, please sign up.
Dianne Had the same problem and speed read to the end. It all finished as you'd expect, no surprises at all.

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
4 uplifting, happy stars to This Could Change Everything! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Essie Phillips wrote a ranting email about her boss, who happens to be her boyfriend’s mother, and somehow, it was inadvertently sent to everyone in her address book! As things tend to go these days, the email went viral. Essie stands to lose not just her job, but her relationship and her apartment as well.

How can she repair the damage? Flighty Essie decides to run as fast as she can to a new town and start entirely over.

Wow, th
Melisa
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so very excited to be on the blog tour for the UK paperback release of This Could Change Everything by Jill Mansell. I have read several of Jill’s books and they are always are a sure thing, however this one was just the very, very best. Oh, how I loved it!

When Essie goes through a (slightly hilarious) major life altering change, she finds herself in several new circumstances, and her life will be changed forever.

This is a story about the goodness that exists in people, and when you find t
Marialyce
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
3.5 cutsie stars
You can find my reviews here: https://yayareadslotsofbooks.wordpres...

This story had quite a bit of charm. Essie Phillips is a lucky girl. She has a man she loves, an upcoming marriage, and lots of life happening things opening up before her eyes. All is perfect, well...outside the fact that her future mother in law hates her but other than that (and the fact she works for said upcoming MIL), life looks wonderful.

Did you ever receive one of those holiday letters informing the wor
Obsidian
Ehh this was definitely missing something. I have enjoyed the last two Mansell books I have read, but this one felt a bit empty and I honestly didn't like two out of the three main characters. I was more intrigued by a secondary character and definitely wished for her to have a better love interest than the one she got in the end.

"This Could Change Everything" has Essie Phillips getting kicked out of her apartment by her boyfriend after an email she writes is accidentally sent to everyone in he
Karen
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The moment I met eighty three year old Zillah Walsh on the very first page, I knew that I was going to love this book. It’s escapism at its very best. Zillah was a fabulous character – no chance of her getting around on a mobility scooter. An open top Mercedes was more her style.

Essie thought she had found the perfect boyfriend in Paul, until that round robin letter, in the form of an email was sent just before Christmas. Meant as a joke between her and her best friend Scarlett and never intende
Bookread2day
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five ginormous stars. I can always rely on my favourite author Jill Mansell to tell a page turning story with characters that I adore. Oh dear why did Essie start to write insults about her boyfriends mother? This could have been her future mother in law. Essie wrote things about her boyfriends mother on her laptop and disaster happens when it all goes viral. It wasn't Essie that sent the insults about Paul's mother viral, no it was someone else but who I'm not declaring. So rightly too Paul fin ...more
Shannon
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Dit boek was echt super! Ik heb enorm genoten van dit boek, ook al was veel voorspelbaar. Voor mij drukte dat de pret niet, omdat ik vaak alsnog nieuwsgierig was naar hoe het zou gebeuren. Vooral toen het nieuws van Giselle bekend werd, vroeg ik mij af hoe het zou aflopen. Uiteindelijk had het einde wel iets spectaculairder gemogen, maar het was wel realistisch, vond ik zelf. Al met al vond ik het een top boek en een enorme aanrader.
Cressida McLaughlin
This book is gorgeous, romantic, life-affirming perfection. I’ve been lost in it all day and never wanted to be found.
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I knew from the opening page I was going to love this book and I wasn't wrong.

As soon as we meet Zillah, I couldn't wait to find out more about her. I think she could teach us many a thing in life. I like how she believes in people and takes risks. For a woman in her eighties, she certainly lives life to the fullest and I thought she was the most fabulous of characters. Certainly one I will remember very fondly.

Essie is the main character who due to a bit of bad luck finds herself jobless and bo
Marjolein
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

It's been a while since I've last read a Jill Mansell book and I have to say: I kind of missed it. Her writing is hilarious and I've always loved her for her subtle Harry Potter references. This book was a really nice surprise and while reading it, I've immediately put her other recently published book on my to read shelf.

'This Could Change Everything' was such a lovely yet incredibly predictable read and I absolutely loved it from start to finish. It was just what I nee
Andrea
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
An ideal pick-me-up for the summer! This one made me happy 😊
Kathryn
This Could Change Everything by Jill Mansell was a joy to read. One of those books you can just pick up and relax into. It was a great mix of wonderful and endearing characters, with a little fun and a bit of romance thrown in.

I loved Zillah, what a character, the kind of person I'd love to be at eighty three. She was warm and generous, loves dressing up and going out and having a good time, yet very thoughtful of others. She's quite human so has a little guilt and regret thrown in there as wel
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

I am just going to put this out here - 'This Could Change Everything' is my most favourite book of 2018 so far. What a phenomenally written, enchanting, and heart-warming read! Never in my life have I read anything like this before and, whilst I'm being perfectly honest, I really don't think I will again for a while (well, until Jill Mansell publishes her next book!).

I have always been a reader who judges a book by its
Michele
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

This Could Change Everything was an absolutely wonderful new novel by Jill Mansell that touched upon how the choices we make can cause a ripple effect around us. Touching, funny, down-to-earth, and oh-so satisfying, I adored every moment spent reading this book.

“Every day, we do things that are capable of changing everything, and that’s what makes life exciting.”

I’m always thrilled when I get a new novel (or ebook!) of Jill Manse
Vanessa Loockx
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Weer een pareltje v Miss Mansell <3
Chelsea Lowe
An enjoyable, well-written, but incredibly predictable plot. If you don't suss out what's going to happen after reading the first 5 chapters, you need to see your doctor!

I love Jill Mansell's books. To date, there has only been one of her books I haven't enjoyed, which is good odds I think. You know what you're getting with Mansell - she'll give you a plethora of characters, intermingled storylines, some twists, and a happy ending. It's classic, textbook romance. Yes, it is blindingly obvious fr
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easily this is Jill Mansell at her uplifting and heartwarming book, in this tale of fate and chance. As it is a series of chance meetings and incidents that leads to Conor, Zillah and Essie all sharing a house, and Essie meeting Lucas.

And its thanks to Zillah's enigmatic personality that you realise what a special lady she is. Yes I know the blurb may imply that Essie is the main character but to me Zillah is the heart and soul of this book.

She in her 80s, and is prone to random unexpected act
Katie
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always look forward to reading books by this author. I know it will be well written, be full of smiles and tears and will always be a guaranteed 4 or 5 stars. This one wasn’t any different. It kept me entertained throughout, I loved the characters especially Essie and Scarlett. Each had their own strong personality and I’d love to read a sequel to this one. Highly recommended.
Kim Landwer
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heerlijke zomerse feelgood
Niek Emm
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
heerlijk boek om te lezen ♡
Agi
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, 2018-releases

A proud owner of all Jill Mansell's books speaking here (I must take a photo of them all standing on my bookshelf, totally) - no need to mention that I of course have read them all, and loved all of them, without exception. Every new release from this author is impatiently awaited by yours truly. The beautiful orange cover of this brand new offer from Ms Mansell catches your eye immediately - I can't recall a book cover in such lovely, warm colours as this of "This Could Change Everything". And
Lydia Bailey
I have a love-hate relationship with chick-lit but have only found a handful which I’ve really loved. This was a good read & I enjoyed it on the whole, it kept me interested with many interesting & varied characters. The storylines too were original & varied though the main romantic ‘will they/won’t theys’were easy to predict. The opening chapter was great so I was a little disappointed when it began to get fluffy & flouncy & the last line has to be the cheesiest ending to an ...more
Fayzaan Shaba
"Why do people have to pretend their lives are perfect? All it does make other people feel like failures. Why can't they be honest about what's going on?

"Everyday we do things that are capable of changing everything, and that's what makes life exciting."

Some people here are fussing about the plot that it was too predictable and all. What are you reading a Mystery/Thriller ? Well, there is something in "Jill Mansell" way of writing once you start reading her book you just can't stop yourself, to
Billie
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zillah!!!!!
Anne
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Essie is settled. She's living with her boyfriend Paul, she has a job and all is going well. It's almost Christmas and Essie and her friend Scarlett are chuckling over a Round Robin letter sent by friends of Paul's family. Essie's decision to write her own version of the Christmas Round Robin seems like the funniest of jokes .... until the next morning, when she wakes up to find that the letter has been forwarded to everyone in her contacts list. Yes, everyone; including Paul's mother, and that ...more
Hayley
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A warm story.
One event changes Essie's life completely and as a reader it was a pleasure to watch her new life take shape. All characters in this book are wonderfully portrayed, Zillah is my favourite - she just emits warmth wherever she goes. I guess this book puts the fact that everything really could change in a heartbeat in perspective. I found myself smiling through a lot of this book, understanding that there are kind people in the world who want to make it a better place. An absolute lov
Yvonne Morgan
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of those books that u did not want to end....but u did really cause you wanted to know what happened in the end....loved every bit if it ...amazing engaging storyline...with great characters... I was totally hooked by this story telling from the 1st chapter...loved the it twisted and turned....Totally recommend...
Julie Morris
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For starters, I just want to say how much I love the opening sentence of this book. As writers, we are always being told that you have to have a killer opening line that hooks the reader instantly. Well, listen to this one, “What could be more glorious than sitting at a pavement cafe on a sunny afternoon, wearing a marvellous new hat and witnessing an imminent crime?” I was fully invested in this book from the first moment and completely in love with the character of Zillah as soon as I realised ...more
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yun
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Could Change Everything is so sweet and uplifting, with a delightful cast of characters all looking for their happily ever after. As their paths weave and cross, they experience surprises, heart breaks, and finally love. The setting of this story, which takes place during Christmas and winter, feels so warm and cozy. Even though these types of books are always a little cheesy, I found this story to be fresh and lovely without being saccharine or overly dramatic.

This is the second book I've

• Enkeltje Ierland
  • Glazuur
  • A Secret Garden
  • Zoek het maar uit
  • Sunshine Over Wildflower Cottage
  • Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights
  • Lizzy Harrison Loses Control
  • Miss Communicatie (Miss, #1)
  • Me and Mr Jones
  • It Happened in Venice
  • It Should Have Been Me
  • Changing Grooms: An irresistible novel of glamour and scandal
  • The Little Bookshop of Lonely Hearts (Lonely Hearts Bookshop #1)
Jill Mansell lives with her partner and children in Bristol, and writes full time. Actually that’s not true; she watches TV, eats fruit gums, admires the rugby players training in the sports field behind her house, and spends hours on the internet marvelling at how many other writers have blogs. Only when she’s completely run out of displacement activities does she write.

Jill Mansell's books have
“Lucas, I wouldn’t drive five” 0 likes
“Every day we do things that are capable of changing everything, and that’s what makes life exciting.” 0 likes