Start by marking “Bel, Book, and Scandal (Belfast McGrath Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bel, Book, and Scandal (Belfast McGrath Mystery, #3)

Bel, Book, and Scandal

(Belfast McGrath Mystery #3)

how will this CHAPTER end for everybody’s favorite irish-american CULINARY ARTIST TURNED amateur sleuth?

Bel McGrath tries her best to keep herself on the straight and narrow but she just has a taste for trouble. This time danger arrives in the form of a newspaper left behind by visitors to Shamrock Manor—and a photograph that jolts Bel out of the present and back into a d

Kindle Edition
Published December 5th 2017 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Bel, Book, and Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bel, Book, and Scandal

Betty
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, e-books, thriller
Christmas is nearing in the third book of Bel McGrath series. Bel is busy getting the Shamrock Manor ready for Christmas. A couple looking to schedule a wedding leaves behind a newspaper. It contains a picture that catches Bel's eye. The photo of her BFF Amy Mitchel who has been missing since high school. She immediately heads for the town of Wooded Lake and Love Canyon. Bel will take a journey where she will find betrayal, secrets, old rivalries, and meet new friends as she seeks to find out wh ...more
Angie Elle
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC from Netgalley.

Bel, Book and Scandal may have been the third book in a series, but it was the perfect place for me to dive into the Cozy Mystery genre. I didn’t feel at all lost while reading this book, but I will say that Bel’s family and acquaintances are such a colorful cast of characters that I definitely want to go back and read the first few books. In this installment of the Belfast McGrath Mystery series, Bel’s past comes back to haunt her when she spies her long lost friend’s picture
Patty
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bel, Book and Scandal by Maggie McConnon is the 3rd book in the Belfast McGrath mystery series, and all I can say is WOW!! To get the most out of this series, I would start with book one. There is one mystery in all three books that is concluded in this book. I love this series, and all the quirky characters, looking forward to the next book. I strongly recommend this series.

I received this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Bea  Charmed
Not as fluffy as many cozies, it had some meat to it. I had no clue who the villain was or why. I didn't love the story but I liked it.
Lisa Morin
Bel McGrath is one of my favorite protagonists. She is strong, determined and fiercely loyal.
In this book, it is time for Bel to come to terms with her past. A simple photograph in a newspaper reminds Bel of the disappearance of her best friend years ago. How does a young girl disappear without a trace? That is the question Bel has asked herself over the years and she has yet to find the answer.
The simple photo triggers the investigation into her disappearance and the beginning of a new friendsh
Jannelies
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit-mystery
On 15 February 2017 I wrote a review for Bel of the Brawl, the second book in this series. I’m very happy I received a copy of the third book in the series from St. Martin’s Press through NetGalley.
Bel is slowly coming to terms with herself and her life. Not that she is happy, far from that. Her erstwhile boyfriend Kevin is married to picture-perfect Mary Ann, and her last fiancée Brendan betrayed her by carrying a photo of the missing Amy Mitchell in his wallet. Her small apartment still isn’t
K.A. Davis
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been waiting for the third book in the Belfast McGrath Mystery series and was excited to have the chance to read an advance copy of BEL, BOOK, AND SCANDAL by Maggie McConnon. This newest release finds Bel (short for Belfast) McGrath focused on solving the long ago mystery surrounding the disappearance of her best friend, Amy, when they were seventeen-years-old. The thread of this mystery ran through the first two books and had me not only intrigued, but sitting on pins and needles waiting f ...more
Kathleen Gray
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is much more than a cozy= it's a lovely portrait of a large, boisterous family and their business and it's a quest by Bel, the protagonist, for answers about the disappearance of her childhood friend many years ago. McConnon sets this up as a funny, classic tale but there's more serious issues afoot when Bel goes looking for Amy, who has left a hole in her heart and her life. There are wonderful descriptions of the food Bel (a chef) cooks at the family inn and of her interactions with her f ...more
Virginia Winfield
I love this series if books by Maggie McConnon. I did not want to put this book down I love that many of the mysteries that have gone on through the series were solved in this book. There were many twists and turns throughout this story. I loved the characters. I received a copy of this book from Minotaur books and Netgalley for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
Asheley
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was intrigued when I received a digital copy of Bel, Book, and Scandal by Maggie McConnon for review. I’ve never read a cozy mystery before (to my knowledge) but I’ve always been curious about them. And I adore the covers with cozies. This particular story is the third installment in the Belfast McGrath Mystery Series but reads as a standalone, so I decided to take the plunge and give it a try, especially since it is set around the holidays. I’m glad I did because I genuinely loved it.

Bel McGr
Angela Simmons
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
So, I sort of jumped into this one at an odd spot—it’s the third book in the series and it happens to be the end of a mystery that’s arced across the series. Surprisingly, this one worked as a standalone.

Here’s what’s going on. When a potential client leaves behind a newspaper, Bel instantly recognizes Amy Mitchell, her best friend who has been missing and presumed dead since they were teens. Now Bel finds herself visiting an old commune in New York’s Hudson Valley and meeting a man who seems t
Sapphyria
Bel, Book and Scandal is another wonderful book in Maggie McConnon's Belfast McGrath Mystery Series.

Being the head chef at Shamrock Manor, owned by her parents, Bel is always busy. She does not have much of a social life to speak of and her love life is non-existent. When potential customers come to the Manor to explore the location for an upcoming summer wedding, the couple, whose daughter is getting married in May, remember Bel from the scandal at her last place of employment. Upon leaving th
Lesa
I wish I could tell when authors are ending a series or ending a storyline. This is the second book I read in three days that might be doing either. Maggie McConnon does end a three book arc in Bel, Book, and Scandal. There was a shocking conclusion, but the series could go on. We'll see.

For three books and fifteen years, chef Belfast McGrath has been wondering what happened to her childhood best friend Amy Mitchell. Because Bel came home without Amy on a party night when they were eighteen, the
KriisGaia
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Belfast (Bel) McGrath, is a little impulsive. It’s gotten her into trouble in the past, and it’ll probably do so again in the future.

In Bel, Book, and Scandal: A Belfast McGrath Mystery (Bel McGrath Mysteries) Bel has returned to her hometown of Fosters Landing, to be the chef at her family’s Shamrock Manor. But it’s been a bit hard lately because she can’t put Amy out of her mind.

Ever since the drought, when the lake dried up enough to reveal the belongings of her best friend Amy at the bottom,
Jenna
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Place:  Foster's Landing, the Hudson Valley area

People:  Belfast (Bel) McGrath, chef at her family's estate, Shamrock Manor. Bel's family - parents and four brothers - is the large and rambunctious supporting cast of the book. Bel's ex, Brenden, is another supporting character, as is the improbably named Tweed Blazer and Bel's childhood best friend, Amy.

Plot:  As the holidays approach, Bel greets a potential client looking for a venue for their daughter and step-daughter's upcoming wedding. The
Sunsettowers
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy, mystery
I received an ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my opinion of the book or my review itself.

The long-running series' mystery of what truly happened to Belfast's best friend, Amy, so many years ago, takes a shocking turn in this latest cozy mystery. Belfast, a chef at her family's Shamrock Manor, spots a newspaper photograph that turns everything she thought she knew about that fateful night upside down. Drawn into a story she has never truly
RO G'ma
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bel, Book, and Scandal is the third book in Maggie McConnon’s Belfast McGrath Mystery series. This is the first book I’ve read in this series, but I didn’t have any problem identifying the characters’ relationships or understanding their backgrounds or relationships. This is a steadily paced mystery with great characters and an interesting mystery.

Belfast ‘Bel’ McGrath is a culinary artist turned amateur sleuth in Foster’s Landing in the Hudson Valley area. Shamrock Manor, the family business, i
Katherine Jones
I warmed immediately to this novel’s spirited Irish-American amateur chef-cum-detective, finding myself quite willing to follow Bel along her meandering sleuthing trails. I liked the lighthearted, dysfunctional family relationship layered into the story (I mean, it’s fun when it’s not your own and make-believe, right?). Also well done was the tightening circle of people Bel could trust, as well as the intriguing sidekicks she picked up along the way.

Though the yuletide backdrop is subtle, and a
Katrina Wiese
This is a not only a new series to me, but a new author as well and I am glad that I was approached to read and review this book! I really enjoyed getting to know Belfast, she is a strong and determined character! It seems the mystery in this book has been haunting Bel for years, so I was so happy that I got to get in on the reveal of the mystery! It is a doozie, I'll tell you that! For those of you that are in the same boat as I am, this can be read as a standalone, but I think you would truly ...more
Kathy
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bel, Book, and Scandal by Maggie McConnon is an entertaining cozy mystery with a fantastic cast of delightful characters and a perplexing missing person's case to solve. This third installment in the Belfast McGrath Mystery series can be read as a standalone.

A photo in a newspaper gives Bel McGrath a starting place in her search to find her long missing best friend, Amy Mitchell.  Amy went missing right after their graduation and the case has cast a long shadow over Bel since many of the townspe
Amary Chapman
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chef Belfast McGraw is still trying to help the family make their venue, Shamrock Manor, financially successful and dealing with the long ago disappearance of her best friend Amy.
Events and people conspire to make things difficult, mainly her own family.
She slogs on, but finds clues and information leading her to realize Amy is not dead, so she doggedly pursues any possible connection. She finds good intel, but someone is sabotaging her search.
She finally solves the decades old mystery, surp
Kathy
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bel, Book, and Scandal: A Belfast McGrath Mystery is the third Belfast McGrath Mystery by author Maggie McConnon. I read the second book in the series previously so I was familiar with the location and Bel's large family. And Bel's obsession with finding an old friend Amy.

Bel who is an incredible chef is still living and working at her family's Irish themed resort Shamrock Manor. Her past in New York City comes back to haunt her in this book. As does a photo she sees that she is convinced is her
Gilion Dumas
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third Bel McGrath mystery, set in the Hudson Valley of New York State, featuring an Irish-American wedding chef who solves mysteries on the side. For fans of culinary cozies, there's nothing not to like!

McConnon is the pen name of Maggie Barbieri, author of the cozy Murder 101 series about a college professor and amateur sleuth named Alison Bergeron, and the edgier Once Upon a Lie series, featuring Maeve Conlon, a professional baker and divorced mother with a dark secret.
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. The story flowed very well and was very enjoyable. This book will keep you reading long into the night and you will not want to put this book down until you finish. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader’s copy of this book. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Amy
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, mystery
It was okay. The main character and thus the book were very unfocused, and many of the characters and plot points seemed unlikely (and not very engaging). I figured out what was meant to be a key plot point in both the mystery and the romance as soon as it was mentioned, and only kept reading to see if it got better (it did not).
Karen Cleary
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've enjoyed this series; it will be interesting to see where the author goes next, after the big denouement in this one. I kept thinking one of the new characters was familiar, then realised she was from the Murder 101 books, written as Maggie Barbieri, which I also enjoyed. (I disliked the other series with Lies in the titles.)
Susan Moxley
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book filled with lots of twists and turns and lots of mystery and action. The ending was filled with surprises. I hope we will see more books in this series.
LuAnn Dobson
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read. I enjoyed the previous two books in the series and this one wraps it all up.
S.
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The main character Belfast is a chef who works for her family business. She gets caught up investigating an unresolved missing persons from her past.
Mary
Nov 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy, netgalley, mystery
Belfast McGrath is a chef who left her last gig in disgrace and returned home to work for her parents at Shamrock Manor, cooking for weddings and other events. Being back in the place where she grew up is a challenge rife with memories both good and bad. After a meeting with a prospective client Bel finds a newspaper the client left behind that has a startling photo – Bel’s best friend who was thought to have died now appears to be very much alive. This starts amateur sleuth Bel on a se
  • Hell with the Lid Blown Off (Alafair Tucker #7)
  • Antique Blues (Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery, #12)
  • The Coroner
  • The Puffin of Death ( A Gunn Zoo Mystery, #4)
  • Sayonara Slam (Mas Arai #6)
  • Date with Malice: A Yorkshire Winter Mystery (The Dales Detective Series Book 2)
  • Independence Slay (Celebration Bay, #3)
  • Shadows on a Maine Christmas (Antique Print, #7)
  • An Unsettling Crime for Samuel Craddock  (Samuel Craddock Mystery, #6)
  • If Onions Could Spring Leeks (Gram’s Country Cooking School Mystery, #5)
  • Resorting to Murder: Holiday Mysteries
  • Ghost of a Gamble (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #4)
  • A Churn for the Worse (An Amish Mystery, #5)
  • Maple Mayhem (Sugar Grove Mystery, #2)
  • No Comfort for the Lost (Mystery of Old San Francisco #1)
  • A Cold White Sun (Constable Molly Smith #6)
  • Ghost Wanted (Bailey Ruth #5)
  • Murder at Half Moon Gate (A Wrexford & Sloane Mystery #2)

Belfast McGrath Mystery (3 books)
  • Wedding Bel Blues (Belfast McGrath Mystery #1)
  • Bel of the Brawl (Belfast McGrath Mystery, #2)