Start by marking “Trust with a Chaser (Rainbow Cove, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trust with a Chaser (Rainbow Cove, #1)

Trust with a Chaser

(Rainbow Cove #1)

One hot cop. One bar owner out for redemption. One smoking-hot summer fling destined to leave scorch marks…

Mason Hanks has returned to Rainbow Cove, Oregon with one goal in mind: turn the struggling coastal community into a thriving LGBTQ tourism destination. Step one is transforming an old bar and grill into a gay-friendly eatery. Step two? Don’t piss off Nash Flint, the
Published August 1st 2017 by Annabeth Albert

To ask other readers questions about Trust with a Chaser, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust with a Chaser

Start your review of Trust with a Chaser (Rainbow Cove, #1)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Very HOT. Very SWEET.

I cannot wait for more books in the Rainbow Cove series!

Mason is an absolute sweetheart. He's non-judgmental, giving, and willing to trust Nash, even when Nash is stubborn and scared.

Nash isn't a bad guy; he's just repressed and so set on following in his father's footsteps, he forgets his own dreams. But once Nash sees the light, he's all in.

The sexual tension is SCORCHING! These two have amazing chemistry.

I consider the ending a tentative HEA ... very hopeful, with a f
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Pure, excellent Annabeth Albert goodness!

Annabeth Albert is an author that I've come to rely on. There are very few authors that I feel like can guarantee me a great read and Annabeth Albert is one of them. Trust with a Chaser is a perfect example of her consistency.

Annabeth Albert gets people. She gets what drives her characters, and she makes each and every one of her men feel real and complete. I adore her characters in all her books and I adored them in this one.

I have a weakness for clos
Nazanin
Dec 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m
3.5 Stars

Mason’s family always were/are trouble. But Mason is different than them. People in town knows Mason as a Hank (his family name) and this bothers him so much because he tried so hard to show others he’s not like his brothers. So when Mason comes back to town to manage a restaurant with two of his friends, chief Flint decides to go there and say hi to Mason and see himself everything’s alright! And what he saw was trouble but in another way that kept him go there everyday/night! But Flin
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.25 Stars!

I almost didn't read this one. AA is very hit or miss for me, and it's usually miss. I almost always strongly dislike one of her MCs.

But something about this one called to me. And while it did have the potential for dislike and drama it never really went there.

I was sucked in pretty much from the get-go. I really liked the bit of enemies-to-lovers vibe we got. I enjoyed the build-up of their friendship and more. And when they give in to each other it was SMOKING.

Things lulled a bit
Christelle
Me before I started : As much as I loved « status update », since then, I haven’t click with this author but the reviews keep refering to « sexy sheriff » and I’m too curious (yeah, that’s the word I want to use) to not try.
Me after I read it : I had the same feelings than Dani : ”Very hot, very sweet…The sexual tension is SCORCHING! These two have amazing chemistry » .

A small town in Oregon, with a struggling economy and some families with bad rep and continuous clash with the police. Mason
Ariana
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, lgbtq, age-gap
This was a great read! It ticks so many YES! boxes:

.) age gap (13 or so years, pretty perfect)

.) enemies to lovers (wow, this almost felt 'Romeo and Juliet' inspired - whole families are at feud with each other here. Mason's brother is just the pits. I hated him with a fervor!)

.) a cop (yes, he is tall and gorgeous and uses his aviators to his advantage) and a chef (who knows how to stealthily seduce the object of his affections with good food)

.) a good amount of angst (Nash is deeper in the clo
Line
*phew* Made it to 40% and then I couldn't do it anymore.
I did not care for Nash AT ALL.
My dog dude, get your head out of your ass... Your back-and-forth was giving ME whiplash, now imagine how Mason should feel.
I really, REALLY didn't understand why Mason would keep trying. Nash was rude, acting like an asshole and kissing/regretting so much, that I really just wanted to ask him to grow up.

And that's the other thing: doucheman was 39, it's not like he had a foot in the grave, but the story was
Renée
Mason was fine. Sherriff Sexy - couldn't stand him. I made it to 60% before DNF.
.Lili.
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it

Trust with a Chaser by Annabeth Albert is the first book in the Rainbow Cove series. It takes place in a small (fictional) Oregon town, and it involves a sheriff and one of the town's black sheep. Nash Flint is the town's sheriff and hides his truth because of small town mentality but most importantly his dad's shadow. Although his dad was a good man, he was also narrow-minded and judgemental. Nash has a hard time not hearing his father's believes in his head.

After years of being away, blac
Ami
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trust with a Chaser is another winner for me, coming from the pen of Annabeth Albert. It has just the right balance between family conflicts (that serve as angst) and slow-burn romance.

Despite the age-gap -- and the fact that Mason comes from criminal family while Nash is basically the law there in Rainbow Cover, Oregon -- I thought these two characters were really good for each other.

Sure, I might get a little frustrated with Nash and his unwillingness to step out of his closet to reach his ha
Ele
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trust with a Chaser kicks off Annabeth Albert's new series,Rainbow Cove, which I'm going to love, judging from this first book.

The setting is Rainbow Cove, a town on the southern Oregon coast. Nash Flint, aka Sheriff Sexy, is the chief of police. After following in his father's footsteps, he tries hard to keep everything in town under control, all the while hiding who he really is. Because job comes first.

Mason Hanks returns to Rainbow Cove after 10 years of living in Portland, with a goal: to t
Ky
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it

It's a kind of enemies-to-lovers story as well as a coming out one. Nash and Mason come from the same small town which is slowly dying from lack of tourists and jobs. They have an age difference of about ten years but living in the same small town they knew who the other was. Now that Mason is back in town, out and proud and trying to establish his tavern, they meet again and they can't stay away from each other.

Mason doesn't feel like he can be out, because of his job, his family and t
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I'm not going to lie. I was enjoying this right up to about 90%. I love a good May/December romance. Throughout the book, Flint was characterized as an older man that's set in his ways. I could deal with that up until I find out he's *gasp* THIRTY-F'N-NINE!!! WTF?!? This is not some guy heading into retirement. He doesn't have one foot in the nursing home and one in the grave. When did being close to 40 start to mean old age? Maybe I missed his age being mentioned earlier in the book, but seeing ...more
Catherine
Yes! Yes! Yes!

This book gave me all the complicated feels that made the characters burrow right into my heart. I love the Rainbow Cove universe and all of the characters who live inside of it. I need Logan and Curtis' book, like, yesterday!

Side note: the covers for this series are cheesy AF.
Hollis
The uncertainty in his voice pricked at me. He deserved better than me, deserved someone who would hold his hand on the way to the car, someone who would proudly share food with him back home, someone he could introduce to his friends with no awkwardness.

Well, I know it's not the first time this author has made me cry, and maybe I'm extra susceptible because of hormones, but I think this is the first of Albert's books to have me fighting tears at three different points in the story. Three.

"Why i
Fabi
It's never going to work between them is it?

Out and proud, 28 year old entrepreneur Mason Hanks comes from a family usually found on the wrong side of the law.

Deep in the closet, 39 year old Nash Flint followed in his father's footsteps to become the most upstanding (if rather lonely) Sheriff for Rainbow Cove.

They don't have anything in common. They'd have to travel miles to even meet in the middle. But when their eyes meet and the sparks fly, what wouldn't they do to make it work?

A solid, adul
Lost in a Book

Tag Team with Adam
3.5 Stars

You know how sometimes you have no idea what you want to eat for dinner but you know you have all the ingredients for a recipe that tastes decent, not complicated, and very dependable? One you could make with your eyes closed? That’s what I would equate Trust with a Chaser to. It’s solid Annabeth Albert in whom I have come to expect dependable reads from. But dependable doesn’t always have to be predictable and that is what I have also found with this book. The rec
CrabbyPatty
I swear, about five pages into Trust With a Chaser, I just felt this huge sigh of pure enjoyment because I knew I was starting a great read and boy, did Trust With a Chaser deliver. I love the tone of this book, the characters, the setting and Annabeth Albert's top-notch writing and give it 4.5 stars.

Mason Hanks returns home after 10 years in Portland with a dream of building a business and revitalizing his home town of Rainbow Cove. But some things never change; Mason is still defined by his f
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
2.75 Stars

I know I'm in the minority with this one. I usually always am. *sighs*

I really, really liked Nash. Grumpy, stoic MC's with a heart of gold are totally my shit and if it wasn't for him, I'm pretty sure I would have DNF'd this one.

I just gotta say though, I am over the 'getting involved with a closeted guy and hoping he'll come out of the closet for you and then getting made when he doesn't' trope, especially when the other MC pushes despite knowing this. It irks me.

Nash is older and the
Jay
4.5 stars – Annabeth Albert is one of my favorite authors in the genre because, regardless of the topic, her books always contain easily understandable and believable characters, just the right balance of sweetness and heat, and emotionally complex situations that rarely fail to generate the feels I love so much about romance novels. The first book in her new Rainbow Cove series, Trust with a Chaser, fits that characterization perfectly. In fact, upon completion, the first two things I thought w ...more
Kaje Harper
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comfort-reread, m-m
A local boy from the wrong side of the tracks, making good, who is attracted to a closeted cop - it's a familiar pattern. But the key is always in the details and the writing. This author writes characters I care about, with realism, and a plot that works and does not drop into melodrama. A solid, smooth-reading and warm story that I enjoyed.
Adam
Tag team review with Lost in a Book

I’ve got a soft spot for MM romances set in rural or seaside locations. The setting just makes the story feel more romantic. So I really enjoyed visiting the fictional coastal Oregon town of Rainbow Cove.

description

However, small town biases and stigmas also play a big role in this book. Both Mason and Nash have hang-ups that stem from growing up in Rainbow Cave. Mason finds it difficult to shake off the Hanks social stigma, while Nash thinks it’s impossible to b
Emily Seelye
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, m-m, age-gap
This is the first in an all new series set in a Rainbow Cove, Oregon.

Mason, the youngest son in a family of troublemakers, moves back to town after purchasing the local tavern. Nash, "sheriff Sexy", is the police chief, who's responsible for sending his older brother to prison. The two are attracted to each other from the start, but Nash is closeted and Mason initially doesn't know he's gay.

The two dance around each other and flirt, until Nash can't help but make a move. The two sneak around a
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, m-m
I didn't like this all that much. It's one of those books that just left me a little irritated, a little confused and a lot disconnected.

I don't understand why Mason came home. It seems he ran from this town and is now back and nothing has changed. I understand there are plans for the future but still. It doesn't seem like a nice place to live honestly. Nash seems to hate it too. He hated the tourists. Hates the crimes. Hates his job.

I didn't understand the connection between Mason and Nash. Fo
namericanwordcat
I am so excited about this series. I love Annabeth Albert's writing. These books are warm, sexy and have emotionial depth.

This love story is no different. I like the set up of this series based in the small town that needs the economic boost being a queer friendly town might bring it. This premise reminds me of the real life town of Guernville in California.

I like that we will get a series of the people moving to the town to make it so.

This romance features a man from the wrong side of the trac
Michael S.
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Annabeth Albert is about as close to auto-buy as I get these days. Her writing style agrees with me, I enjoy her characters, and the romance is pretty much guaranteed to appeal. And the explicit parts are hot, let's not forget.

If you're especially fond of romances featuring characters with strongly contrasting personalities and life experiences, this one may be for you. The feuding house vibe is real with Nash and Mason, and it adds a bit of necessary tension to balance out the sweetness.

Would d
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review.
This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

This book! ZOMG!!! It brightened up my day big time. I read this in one sitting, and couldn't move or put it down. I need Albert to push this series out big time! Rainbow Cove is so my comfort read. I really enjoyed everything about this book, my only downfall is that I never wanted it to end! Guh!!!! Why??? I needed to see Mason, Lilac an
ConM
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved these two.

This was an above average 4 star read, but the end put into 5 star for me. Nash came through.
Alona
3.5 stars.
Lovely and hot.
Melissa
This was cute. Nothing outstanding, but good and enjoyable, and the narrators did an excellent job, I thought.

How so much crap can fall onto one family (Mason's brothers are super a-holes! The dad isn't much better.) I'll never know. I felt so sorry for Mason because of how crappy his brother's are, and how much trouble they caused! OMG, those boys deserve to be in jail.

As for the relationship between Mason and Nash, it was nice. Nash frustrated me but I understood his thinking. Nash is in the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Daily Grind (Takeover, #4)
  • Ballsy (Cocky, #2)
  • Cocky (Cocky, #1)
  • Due Diligence (Takeover, #3)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Takeover (Takeover, #1)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Just Business (Takeover, #2)
  • Unscripted Love (Road to Blissville, #1)
  • Test Drive (Crossroads #3)
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Nowhere Ranch
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Shifting Gears (Crossroads, #2)
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.

Rainbow Cove (2 books)
  • Tender with a Twist (Rainbow Cove, #2)