Jump to ratings and reviews

Ragnarok - Worlds Collide

A secret NASA experiment gone wrong, the chaos that explodes, and one reporter seeking the truth who follows leads where she shouldn't.

On a flight from Paris to Los Angeles Tegan Mulholland is intrigued & charmed by Pete, the mysterious stranger sitting beside her. But when their plane almost falls from the sky and other jets in her vicinity wink from the radar, the official explanations that follow reek to Tegan’s retired investigative journalist mind of cover up.

What is not declared: A secret NASA experiment has warped a column of time instead of space, plucking with it the planes out of our era, and a band of Norse warriors from the Vinland colony millennia ago into our epoch. Rowing eastward and back to Iceland, the contrail of Tegan’s plane appearing after the strange aurora and moving westward high above, the Norsemen conclude are Odin’s order to return to Vinland and the modern day Canadian coast, where, just days before, the skraeling Indians had driven them out.

As news reports flood Tegan’s living room of murder and massacre, speculating about which gang of roughly dressed bearded marauders are responsible for mayhem and murder around the quiet Canadian coast, Tegan has a hunch that the story is not what it seems. She quits her Hollywood Exec job and embarks on an odyssey that leads inexorably ever closer toward the Norsemen’s hidden lair.

Only Pete, the Lockheed consultant she had steadily fallen in love with during the harrowing flight and since, has any hope of saving her.

If you enjoy intrigue, conspiracy and romantic suspense, Ragnarok will grip your imagination and not let go.

290 pages, Paperback

Published July 15, 2017

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Michael Smorenburg

9 books158 followers
Michael Smorenburg (b. 1964) grew up in Cape Town, South Africa. An entrepreneur with a passion for marketing, in 1995 Michael moved to California where he founded a business consultancy and online media and marketing engine. In 2003 he returned to South Africa where he launched then sold a security company. He is a passionate investor in Bitcoin and Crypto, operates a property management company, and writes full time.

Michael's greatest love is for the ocean and the environment. His passion is macro economics, science, understanding the cosmos, and communicating the urgent need for reason to prevail over superstition.

His dedicated author's website and pictures at: www.MichaelSmorenburg.com

Also

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (6%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews
Profile Image for Shelley.
81 reviews2 followers
June 20, 2017
I want to thank Michael for letting me read to review this novel.

This is not my usual genre, but the synopsis intrigued me, it is a cleverly written, well researched story. Although I must admit the science of it all did confuse me somewhat, but I got the gist. Interesting, likeable characters, and despite their ferocity and savagery, the Vikings were also likeable, just lost and out of their depths. Definitely worth a read!
Profile Image for Mary D'Alto.
Author 1 book38 followers
June 15, 2017
I've just begun this book and already I can see that it is superb. I would expect nothing less from this author! I am thus far quite impressed, and intrigued. I will provide a full review upon completion of this book.
Profile Image for Chris Harris.
1 review
March 31, 2019
I thought this book was very good mostly, though I thought perhaps it got a little wordy in the middle before picking up the pace again and could maybe have benefited from tighter editing. The idea of the modern world as the Viking Ragnarök, the end of the world as perceived by Vikings, is particularly clever.
4 reviews
September 27, 2017
Its my second by this Author, I have now ordered his entire collection! Simply brilliant! I cannot wait to get stuck into number 3 AND eagerly await the sequel to The Praying Nun. Awesome, awesome awesome!!!!!
326 reviews
November 2, 2018
Fun and interesting

I liked the concept of Vikings transported to the present. The "science" behind that concept was over my head. In any event, there was enough action to keep me interested. It would make a good movie.
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.