Start by marking “Pink Lock Picks and Sequined Witch Hats” as Want to Read:
Pink Lock Picks and Sequined Witch Hats

Pink Lock Picks and Sequined Witch Hats

Seventeen-year-old homecoming queen, Gracie Mason, is a budding burglar.

While attempting her inaugural break-in, Gracie blacks out and wakes up far away from the scene. It turns out she accidentally intruded on a male witch’s “circle of power,” and now she’s bonded to him for life.

Gracie quickly learns that dissolving the bond with Asher, admittedly a very handsome and ch
Paperback, 1, 268 pages
Published July 24th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Pink Lock Picks and Sequined Witch Hats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pink Lock Picks and Sequined Witch Hats

Carrie
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: publisher-arc
At seventeen Gracie Mason is a cheerleader, homecoming queen and budding burglar to try to get the attention of a guy. On Gracie's first break in however she walks into a male witch’s circle of power and finds herself awakening outside the building with a headache and no memory of what happened. Asher and his sister try to explain what happened to Gracie but of course she's not too sure when they claim to be witches. But when Gracie sees the mark on her arm signaling the beginning to a bonding r ...more
Kat
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you to NetGalley and the author for allowing me to read and review this cute debut by author Carla Rehse! Gracie Mason is caught in a magic spell by accident, and the only way the witch performing it can prevent her from dying is to bind her to him. And so she and Asher, the male witch, are caught in a bond normally reserved for couples bonding for life. Cute, fun scenario.

It was hard not to like Gracie. She has that blonde cheerleader who is way into fashion persona going on, and that's
Paula  Phillips
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Something that I have enjoyed reading is about witches and after reading the Mystic Willow Bay series by Jessica Sorensen, I was feeling in the mood to read about another witch, and this title sounded fun. It took a different twist than I thought it would. Gracie is a teenage girl who is very resourceful and is trying to impress her former step-brother, Ben. She has a Clueless relationship going on there. Think Alicia Silverstone and Paul Rudd. When she tries to break into a building, though thi ...more
Minx
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I adored this book, adored it! Pink Lock Pick and Sequined Witch Hats was a charming read. When I first started reading this story I was not so sure about the main character, Gracie. Her character struck me as a shallow and self-absorbed main character. Now wait before you start rolling any eyes. There is more to this character and that is what made me absolutely love this story.

Gracie is young and privileged with a voice that represents a trust fund baby. Her biggest stressor in life was puttin
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

“Just boy troubles.”
That sounds far simpler than the truth that I've had a crush on my almost stepbrother for several months, which led me to try to commit burglary, but instead I've somehow become shackled to an honest-to-goodness witch.

We all know how much I love magic and witches. And this book—I really liked!

“Can’t say I’ve ever had a more interesting date.” Somehow, I’ve gotten myself stuck in the middle of a moody, paranormal teenage novel.

At first I thou
books are love
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

This was a hoot.

Gracie seems to be very self involved and kind of a evil genius at first glance but there is more to her than meets the eye. She is very loyal and smart. Also fun and kind for being pushy in a good way. she meets Asher accidentally when she is trying to impress Ben. Ben who thinks of her as his sister even after their parents break up.

And the parents in this book were not good. They were way to self involved and didn’t care about the chil
Amanda
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: scrabble-march

My initial draw to this title was that it sounded like a cute YA read and it also had witches. It sounded like a light read that I might enjoy. A few chapters in I felt as if the story was overflowing with cliches and the main character, Gracie, was too superficial. Fortunately she wound up having enough depth to her character that I was able to enjoy the read.

The world building was pretty cool. I liked the idea of witches each specializing in a particular
Carrie
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This book was just brimming with awesomeness. I will admit to being a little worried at first about following around a very spoiled rich teenager but Gracie grew on me rather quickly.

Gracie Mason is a cheerleader and a master manipulator. Fear not, though, because she is determined to put her evil power to good use. Sure, it starts off with her trying to use this skill to get in good with her latest crush, but she soon finds herself knee deep in witches and magic. The source of said magic? That’
Angie Sandro
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. Getting to see the world through Gracie's eyes is so much fun. The character had me in stitches. She's so funny, yet she's also a blend of sassy and sensitive. I can't wait for the next book.
Michelle Hauck
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A mashup up of Clueless and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Poor little rich kid Gracie Mason brings her sense of fashion and killer heels to play when she's magically bonded to Asher. Gracie is never without a plan or her couture handbag and tackles every shocking surprise thrown at her when she discovers witches in her posh neighborhood. Who knew warlocks could be boyfriend material! She takes it in stride until people start dying all around her and all she has to cling to is a bond that may or may ...more
Tonja Drecker
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A snarky, sassy, and cute read with heaps of magical action and a bit of sweet romance too.

Gracie Mason was born with a silver-spoon and has it all. When she accidentally is bonded to a male witch for life, her world turns upside down. But Gracie isn't just anyone and knows how to take on anything with style. That is, until she stumbles over a secret group who is trying to take over the witch king's throne and change the world.

Gracie Mason is a character packed with personality and will either
Narelle Richards
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gracie just wanted to gain a little attention from the boy of her dreams - she never intended to end up in a situation that sees her bonded to a male witch. But that's exactly where she finds herself after stumbling across Asher and interrupting his spell. Now it's not all bad because he is quite good looking and she does find herself catching her breath when he is nearby. However, things are about to get far more complicated as witches turn up dead and it becomes somewhat urgent to get to the b ...more
Tina
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is just what I needed to get me out of my reading slump. I joined bout of books last week in an attempt to motivate myself to get some reading done and I'm glad I picked this lovely gem to focus my efforts on.

First off, Gracie is awesome. She's a no nonsense and all nonsense girl all rolled in one. Sometimes the name dropping of all the different designers was a bit distracting from the story, but I understand it was necessary to build up Gracie's over the top, only child, rich kid con
Tena Stetler
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A magical tale with lovable characters.

Seventeen-year-old Gracie Mason has everything going for her, homecoming queen, co-captain of the cheerleading squad, and a member of the student council.  Due to family problems and an unrequited crush she turns to burglary as a way to win Ben’s affections.

Her first attempted break-in goes badly. She steps into a male witch’s “circle of power” and finds herself in quite a mess. On top of that she’s bonded to him for life unless she can break the bond. Grac
Michelle
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received an Advanced Reader Copy in exchange for a honest review from Broad Universe via NetGalley.

This book was so much fun! It was like Clueless and Veronica Mars with witches thrown in the mix. Gracie was sassy, bossy, and liked to be in charge! When she accidentally gets bonded for life to Asher, a witch, her life gets turned upside down. I loved how Asher really complimented Gracie. He was such a nice down to earth guy and I felt like Gracie really needed someone like him to balance her out
Tara (Spinatale Reviews)
Pink Lock Picks and Sequined Witch Hats was a light, fun read that was an interesting blend of cozy mystery, coming of age, and paranormal romance. The plot was fast-paced, adventure filled, and funny. The author did a good job of explaining the world, the various factions, and the reasoning behind character's decisions. I found myself chuckling sometimes about the character's mishaps and misadventures.

I wasn't a huge fan of Gracie, the main character, which spoiled my overall enjoyment of the
N.W. Moors
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Gracie Mason is accidentally bonded with Asher Halrick when a magical spell goes wrong and is drawn into a world of magic and murder, far different from the exclusive and privileged life she leads.
Asher and his twin sister Willow are both witches. He is adorable and she's the cute geeky girl. Neither would normally be part of Gracie's social set which are mostly mean girls and their rich counterparts. Her parents are a wreck, divorced and using Gracie (as she uses them) to fight each other.
I t
Lauren
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Magical romp with a poor little rich girl

I don’t know how I feel about this book. One the one hand, it’s a fun fantasy romp in the vein of the Mortal Instruments that hurtles along so fast, you miss the plotholes. On the other, it’s the story of a spoiled rich girl who mobilises her considerable resources and talents only for her own benefit - or to ‘help’ whichever boy she fancies herself in love with.

She always knows best, even when it’s obvious that she doesn’t, and I can’t bring myself to ca
David Caldwell
This looked like a fun little witch cozy mystery. The mystery was okay but there was one huge problem for me. The main character is a self-admited sociopath. She and her group of friends have repeatedly pulled "capers" that ended up destroying the lives of multiple people. Some readers might think it is okay because those people were usually not good people. But these girls didn't seem to care if theywere good or bad, they just were in their way or had annoyed the girls.

It is true that there are
C.C. Hrivnak
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This zany story follows young teenage witch, Gracie, and a slew of unfortunate events. No, not the Baudelaire orphans type, but more of a “Sabrina-isk” type mashed with a mystery. Gracie is the teenage witch where she turns up in places at the wrong time.

After entering a male witch, Asher’s, circle while she was attempting a break in, she ends up being bonded to him for life. Then she is dragged into his family drama of his family member’s mysteriously dying. Who and what are causing this?

This b
Laurie Beemer
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Magic meets snarky. Gracie a snarky, rich, underestimated young lady meets Asher a witch. This book was full of magical romance that makes the reader laugh out loud. The chemistry between Asher and Gracie was well written and enjoyable to read. I look forward to reading more books from this author. Thank You NetGalley and Carla Rehse for allowing me to read this book and write a honest review.
Kristi
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super, super cute. A little corny, a little fluffy but fun. I really liked the witches in it and the magic. I had a hard time with Gracie at first (she's just a bit too shallow for my tastes) but she grew on me and I suspect that if there are more books in this series that Gracie will gain some depth. Over all, a fun read.
Maisy
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*This was sent to me in return for an honest review*

In the end, I loved this book.
At first I really didn't like Gracie. I thought she was stuck up and overly stereotypical. basically she just got on my nerves.
Then Asher came into it...
...it was like she changed into someone else around him. she still annoyed me on occasion when her queen bee persona was portrayed a bit to strongly but it didn't detract from the greatness plot line.
Asher was the real hero of this story for me. He was charisma
ToriLynn
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Legally Blonde meets the Halliwells.

Hah! This was a fun and diverting read. Fairly dingbat in the best Clueless manner, Alicia Silverstone would have done this one proud, with a witchy setting. Gracie should join Alex Rider!
Dominique Frary
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really like the story between Gracie and Asher.
I liked that Asher was the witch and that Gracie is falling in love with him despite that he has magic.
Anie
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: magic
Received from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for honest review.

Gracie Mason is a homecoming queen, daughter of the wealthiest man in town. She has everything, she could ever need. Story start with her trying to break in building, to impress a guy she has a crush on. She lack out and wakes up in her car. She stumbled on witches circle of power. In order to save her, they are now bonded to life.

She is want to break the bond, but it is not that easy. The fact that he is very attractive and charming
Christine
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-fantasy
What’s not to love about this main character! Gracie Mason is a funny, sassy and enterprising heroine who ends up being much more than the homecoming queen and cheerleader captain we first meet. She isn’t afraid to take action, even when she’s faced with this strange and unfamiliar world of magic, and especially if it can help her friends. She has lots of heart. Asher, the male witch, is sweet and thoughtful, and great boyfriend potential! Together, they get entangled in a conspiracy that goes d ...more
Desiree
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
RATING: 4.5

It is definitely a different flavor of witch story and surprisingly I really enjoyed it. Instead of wands, their power relies on elements and it’s something I wish the author delve into deeper. But then, maybe she’ll do since it looks like Carla Rehse is working on the sequel to this book. The plot is sure interesting but there are sure a lot of loose ends that need to be tied and I need more world building when it comes to the witches. It is also curious as in this story, it is the g
Susan Underbrink
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A big thank you to NetGalley for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. First time reading this author. This is a young adult book. I found it to be a bit over the top, but different and a bit fun and interesting.
Angel Hatfield
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Imagine seventeen-year-old Gracie Mason’s surprise when she accidentally bonds with a witch named Asher. Sure, he’s cute, but that’s beside the point. She’s not gonna settle for a guy just because she’s magically bound to him. To dissolve the bond, Gracie must seek out another witch to perform a magical rite. However, matters become considerably more complicated when witches begin turning up dead. Wanting nothing more than to get on with her life, Gracie must now team up with her new witchy frie ...more

• Student Bodies (Poltergeeks, #2)
  • Falling (Falling Angels Saga, #4)
  • Holiday Magic (Spellbound, #3.5)
  • The Librarians and the Mother Goose Chase (The Librarians, #2)
  • How I Magically Messed Up My Life in Four Freakin' Days (The Tale of Bryant Adams, #1)
  • The Girl Who Saved Ghosts (The Unbelievables, #2)
  • The Reaper's Daughter
  • Love Match
  • Remnants of the Damned (Abyssal Sanctuary, #1)
  • Wickedpedia
  • Loyalist to a Fault (The Dead Kid Detective Agency, #3)
  • Lucid Dreaming (Lucid Dreaming, #1)
  • Dark Genesis (Dark Genesis, #1)
  • Funny Tragic Crazy Magic (Tragic Magic, #1)
  • SonofaWitch!
  • Hit the Road, Helen! (Myth-O-Mania, #9)
  • You May Now Kill the Bride (Return to Fear Street, #1)
  • My Tethered Soul (Reaper's Rite, #2)
Although not a native Texan, Carla prides herself on having mastered the correct usage of “y’all” and “bless your heart.”

Carla is owned by a persnickety kitty, who rules the computer keyboard and only allows Carla to write when demands for cat treats are met.