Start by marking “Cajun Persuasion” as Want to Read:
Cajun Persuasion

Cajun Persuasion

(Cajun #12)

Return to New York Times Bestseller Sandra Hill’s Cajun country, where the Louisiana bayou is steamier than ever . . .

Alaskan pilot Aaron LeDeux came to Louisiana with his brother to discover his Cajun roots. But any hopes he had of returning home are extinguished when he agrees to help a crew of street monks and nuns rescue sex-trafficked girls. For the work has become hi
Published June 26th 2018 by Avon (first published June 14th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Cajun Persuasion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cajun Persuasion

Douglas Meeks
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say I really enjoy these Cajun stories, the family and insanity are just great. Throw in a touch of seriousness and usually a great romance and you always have the basis for a good story.

Aaron and Fleur were a great couple and for once everybody did not fall into bed by chapter 2, plus a serious backstory made for a great book.

None of these stories would be as good without a large dose of Tante Lulu and she pretty much runs everything and is hilarious.

The romance was good, the back sto
Dawn ♥ romance
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
This story had an exciting beginning, ending, a good plot and Aunt Lulu is always entertaining. I like when the male pursues the female but this book had too much repetition of the hero thinking about getting the heroine and her thinking about resisting him. Pilot Aaron gets pulled into rescuing girls kidnapped for sex when he meets Fleur who works with the nuns that set up the extractions.
Ann
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Sandra Hill I am so glad that Aaron got his own book and found his true love even though they didn't get along at the beginning as usual her books are great they make me laugh cry happy sad but in the end they always seem to work out can't wait to read more books by Sandra Hill
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
From the synopsis, I expected heavy and dark topics. Those exist, but they are blended with the levity of the secondary characters Hill creates! Some of the people in the bayou are such fun! The love story is interesting as well since its not really expected!
TINNGG
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I think I might have liked this one better if it had been a "clean" romance. The heroine's having made the first step to becoming a nun made her off-limits to such overt sexual come-ons as the hero seemed to fall back on. Fall back on? Heck, that seems to be his entire repertoire.

And this is all before he gropes and dry-humps her while she's mostly asleep - which constitutes rape in my book. Then of course, he asks her if she came over to use her body to get him to agree to something.

Th
Linda George
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Aaron LeDeux, an Alaskan Pilot who moved to the Bayou with his brother to get to know his LeDeux half brothers, became involved with a group of nuns and priests who are helping victims of human trafficking escape. Fleur Gaudet is an almost nun sent to the Bayou to find out what it is like to live a normal life - she was a victim of the sex trade and then a not quite nun for ten years. Her Mother Superior sent her away to discern if she really has a religious calling. There is a spark between the ...more
Jennie
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had been waiting for this book and it really delivered. Tante Lulu was bigger than life as always. The story deals with children as young as eleven being kidnapped and forced into the sex slavery business. Aaron and Fleur along with some unusual nuns and two Catholic priests work to save as many children s possible. Fleur was a victim herself for six years before she was recused. Due to this, she is afraid of getting close to a man. Aaron has to prove to her that all men are not like the men t ...more
Mrs. Garen L. Herd
Good read

I love her Cajun books.....And her Viking books. Well, let's just say, I love most all her genre. He's a transplant Cajun from Alaska and she's a kidnapped "soiled dove" trying for 10 years to be a nun. But Mother Superior doesn't think she should take her vows, so she sends her to Tante Lulu. And the thunderbolt takes over. Lots of humor, hot sex, a little danger, and lots of Cajun sayings. Highly recommend.
Ruth Ellen
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read any of these books, you are missing out. I am laughing out loud hysterically when I read then. Tanya Lulu is so funny and the reactions from family and friends will have you rolling with tears in your eyes. Aaron comes to help a friend when he gets Fleur. They help rescue teenagers from a sexTrafficing ring.
Fleur is an almost nun and Aaron is smitten. Please read and see how this turns out. You won't be sorry.

Julia
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tate Lulu strikes again!

I hope she lives forever! This is a great story about Aaron. I couldn't wait for his story to come out. The story line includes sexy trade trafficking ( serious business ). There's enough usual Tate Lulu and St. Jude to make this crazy entertaining! It's great to hear about all the other lovely Cajuns! Ending is priceless!
Sandy Frediani
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the almost over the top whackiness of the last book, I almost didn't pick this one up. I'm glad I did. This is a refreshing return to normal whackiness. I did enjoy this quite a bit. Very good.
Pam
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aaron and hus boots and Fleur are a pair meant to be together. With the help of Barry Manilow, the LeDeux, St. Jude and the leader Tante Lu this is a wonderful story. I always enjoy these books they are fun, wacky abd very heart warming Can't wait for the next book.
Gigi
Aug 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF!
This was probably my least liked Sandra Hill book. I think I’ve outgrown Tante Lulu & her meddling.
I felt disgusted that human trafficking was the baseline story in a book with so much humor. That’s disrespectful to victims.
Katy
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Aaron loves Fleur, an almost nun whom he met in a brothel when he was trying to help out an old friend (Snake aka Brother Brian). And so their story continues...with help from the Tante Lulu, all of the Ledeaux family, his brother Daniel and sister-in-law Samantha, and his Aunt Mel from Alaska.
Mary
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Red hot

Having read most of the Cajun books I really enjoyed reading about Aaron and Fleur. From a troubled and tragic childhood Fleur overcame many obstacles to find true love especially with the help of Tante Lulu and St. Jude of course.
Arksongbird
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I found this to lack luster and boring. I didn’t care for the way Aaron treated Fleur knowing she was a victim. Idk if it’s the number of books in the series or the book itself but Tante Lulu fell flat. Actually all of it did.

Could just be me....
Marilyn
Like all her books in this series each book stands alone but it gives each book extra flavor having the busybodies helping Tante Lulu carry out her matchmaking with her partner St. Jude. I really love the couple and enjoyed there story. Looking for more to come!
Theresa Hurley
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this one! Lots of fun and laughter!
Rosanna Gossett
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I laughed and cried!

Tante Lulu is such a beloved character. The love of this family and gorgeousness is completely entertaining. It makes me want to visit southern Loozeanna.
Jeannie Lopez
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
So So good
Jean Cable
Jul 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun read, but kind of the Same old stuff
Juli
I just couldn't finish this. Sex trafficking not taken very seriously and his attitudes toward her knowing what she'd been through? Humor fell very flat.
Carol
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the entire series but this one is my favorite!
Sharon
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! A touching love story, Tante Lulu, humor and a serious issue story line all in one book. On top of that we have villains and babies. I don't know how she did it all, but I love this book.
Diane
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Traann
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So sweet and fun all while talking about a serious problem. I Love Sandra Hill Books.
Lyndsey
Dec 15, 2017
Kathy Leitle
Jul 07, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Sandra Hill is a graduate of Penn State and worked for more than 10 years as a features writer and education editor for publications in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Writing about serious issues taught her the merits of seeking the lighter side of even the darkest stories. Sh

Cajun (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Love Potion (Cajun, #1)
  • Tall, Dark, and Cajun (Cajun, #2)
  • The Cajun Cowboy (Cajun, #3)
  • The Red Hot Cajun (Cajun, #4)
  • Pink Jinx (Jinx, #1; Cajun, #5)
  • Pearl Jinx (Jinx, #2; Cajun, #6)
  • Wild Jinx (Jinx, #3; Cajun, #7)
  • Snow on the Bayou (Cajun, #8; Tante Lulu Adventure, #1)
  • The Cajun Doctor (Cajun, #9)
  • So Into You (Cajun, #10)