Start by marking “Pretty Daring (Jaded, #2)” as Want to Read:
Pretty Daring  (Jaded, #2)

Pretty Daring

(Jaded #2)

If you ask me, foolishness is like beauty - all about the eye of the beholder.

For instance - I’ve been told the amount of caffeine I consume on a daily basis will eventually kill me, which makes no sense, because that caffeine is essential to living. Then I have doctors telling me that I need to get more sleep if I want to live a happy, healthy life. I can easily refute th
Published December 19th 2017 by Living Hype

To ask other readers questions about Pretty Daring, please sign up.
Jenn Hype It's available for pre-order on iBooks currently and I'm *hoping* to have it out within the next month :)

DJ Sakata
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-comedy
Favorite Quotes:

That voice. Hot damn, his voice did things to parts of my body that had no business being involved in this conversation.

My eyes rolled so far back into my head I swear I saw my brain.

“I used to think it was hot when guys went all alpha male, but now I just think it’s seriously annoying.” “I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Blake deadpanned. “CJ hasn’t had the upper hand since I met him.” “How do you do it? Show me, master. Teach me the ways of the Jedi.”

I’ll admit, New Y
Jilly
This is the second book in the series and I liked it even better than the first one. Jenn Hype knows how to write believable characters that you want to hang out with. The girl-relationships are great. I want to be a part of their group. They are the kind of girlfriends that you have over for book club and somehow end up in a bar, dancing on tables and singing karaoke by the end of the night. But, hey, to be fair, we would totally change the words to be book club appropriate:

In this story, we ha
Jenn Hype
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'M NOT BIASED I SWEAR!!!!

Okay... maybe a little...
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
Snappy dialogue and a fast moving plot made this one of my favourite reads of the year!

I’ve been in a bit of a book slump, picking up and putting down a half dozen stories before I started Paige and Sebastian’s story. Once I started it I couldn’t put it down!

Paige was in a jam and Bass was reluctantly there to protect her. There was animosity from him and huge resentment from her, making their conversations, all their interactions, snarky and unexpectedly funny. Paige’s inner monologues were com
Cifa
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Rating:2.5

So. Much. Dialogue. Lines upon lines of exclamation-marked sentences from a bunch of crazy people.

And gosh, so much cheese. Seriously, like this stuff wouldn’t even make it on a Hallmark card.

There was just so much happening all at once, and so many weird unrealistic scenarios squished in together.

It was like a sensory overload, with Blake’s crazy ranting and Paige’s random mood drops and Claire’s battles with Liam. A whole lot of crazy I tell you!

But yeah it was okay. I read it. I don
Joyffree
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Warning - may cause bouts of laughter closely followed by gasps of disbelief - 😂 My abs are killing me!!
I absolutely loved Sebastian and Page's story - It was a wonderful mix of real-world emotions blended with just the right amount of romantic fiction magic 💖 to make the perfect read - fun and entertaining -no question about it
This was my first in this series - can definitely be read as a stand-alone though this is part of a series - The cast was so vivid and made you feel a part of the scene
Faith89
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Paige was the perfect match for Sebastian. Reading her antics and watching her get under his skin was a joy. Apart they were a little bit of a mess. He was grumpy and a little bit antisocial. He hated Paige's father and so it trickled down to her. He was really a jerk to her in the beginning. But when you see him with his family you know he is a great person. Paige has her set of issues. She is also a little antisocial. Her only friend is part of huge circle of family and friends. Paige has spen ...more
Amanda Gillespie Shock N Awe Book Blog
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Pretty Daring is the second book in the Jaded series and is entirely stand-alone. The characters book one are present in this novel but you wouldn't realize there was a book before it by the way it was written. It is filled with witty sarcasm, drama, and sexual tension that will leave you laughing and sexually frustrated. I absolutely loved this book. This series is awesome and I can't wait to read book #3 Stupid Smart.
LMR
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Readers 18+ Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Jenn Hype & Booksprout
Pretty Daring (Jaded, #2) by Jenn Hype Pretty Daring (Jaded Series Book 2) By: Jenn Hype

Crazy, Witty, & LOL!! Jenn Hype Writes Another Absolute Masterpiece!

This is a seriously witty & Laugh out Loud funny book; Yet, in Some Places it's Gonna make you Cry big Ugly Tears... I'll admit to almost in wetting my pants laughing so hard & also needing my Kleenex TOO!!

I loved the heroine, which is written in such a realistic way; she draws her hero right to her from the very beginning- Even Against HIS Will; it's great writing
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There wasn't anything about Pretty Daring that I didn't absolutely love! I mean there were times that I wanted to choke Bass out, but you know, it's pretty realistic to want to choke a man from time to time so yeah, great story! See, there's Paige, and she's a hot mess in the very best way in my opinion. She's a Senator's daughter, though her family isn't really a nice one, nor have they ever shown her any love, so it's really quite miraculous that she's as amazing as she is. She's Clara's best ...more
Amy
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Any woman with working lady parts wouldn’t be able to resist taking a second to admire some glorious man candy in the flesh.

Paige is a senator’s daughter and her life is in danger thanks to her fathers. When she is shot, her father hires a security company to protect her. Sebastian does not want this job, he doesn’t want to have to babysit the daughter of the senator who destroyed his family’s jobs.

Sebastian is a private man, he keeps to himself and is there for his family no matter what so it
Cee Cee Houston
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty Daring was my first book by author Jenn Hype. It was a fairly quick and easy read, not quite an insta-love, more an- ‘I hate you, but really I love you’ kinda story.
Sebastian has been hired to protect a wealthy Senator’s daughter who has received death threats. He starts off with a pretty biased opinion of Paige due to something that involved her father and his family. He was an anti-social a**ho!e at the best of times and did little to make Paige feel comfortable. But when someone actual
Brandy Roberts
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked Pretty daring by Jenn Hype it would be the first story that I've read by her and I so want to read more especially the Jaded series . Thought the characters were really likable the banter between them all just had me dying with laughter plus the chemistry between the couple was off the charts hot . Everything about the story drew me in there was some emotion put in there that really tore at my heart strings add in the fact that the heroine did a selfless act . Can't wait to see wh ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
Pretty Daring is the second book in the Jaded series and is entirely a stand-alone read.  This story is filled with action, drama, and sexual tension that is off the charts.  There is witty repartee between most of the characters which lightens overall dark circumstance they are thrust into.  I give Pretty Daring 5-stars and can’t wait to read book #3 Stupid Smart.

Paige Dawson has lived a comfortable life being a Senators daughter.  With an attempt on her life, Paige is now under the watchful e
Cheryl O'Harney (The Book Whisperer)
Title: Pretty Daring (Jaded Series, Book 2)
Author: Jenn Hype
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 5/5

ARC received in return for an honest review.

Jenn Hype has brought us another snort inducing, grin worthy, fun read filled with feisty characters who just love to banter and bicker with one another, an all round entertaining read that’s left me wanting more.

This book, although part of a series can be read as a stand-alone, it’s main protagonists are Paige, the hot mess, over-the-top drama queen with
Kelly
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-2-blog
A fast, fun read

The second book in the Jaded series, this was my first book by this author and I had no trouble reading it as a standalone. Though Blake was pretty freaking hilarious even as a supporting character, so I can’t wait to go back and read book 1. 😀

Full of laughs, I thought the author did a great job of balancing out the humor with a bit of angst and suspense. I really felt for Paige at how alienated she was from her parents, and the situation with Sebastian’s nephew was heartbreakin
Jo Lawless
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hype has a way of taking me from laughter to tears and back to laughter in the space of heartbeats. It's a gift and she definitely did it in this book. I flove this author. It doesn't matter what genre she writes. Her sense of humor shines through. I can see the talent and growth in her writing in each book. I imagine her heroines all carry at least a little piece of herself and can only wonder what she'd be like as a gal pal on Friday nights being that I'd love to hang with Blake, Paige, Clara, ...more
Rubi
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am still laughing at this book. Pretty Daring is book 2 in the Jaded Series by Jenn Hype but is a complete standalone. I didn't even know there was a book 1 just reading it as is.

Pretty Daring stars Paige and Sebastian. Paige is the senator's daughter and after some threats that he didn't take seriously, she is in danger. Enter Sebastian. He works for Jade Securities and is in charge of her well being. They hate each other. Like all they do is fight, but that is part of what makes it hilariou
Alicia Harrietha
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This second book in the Jaded series, Pretty Daring by Jenn Hype is definitely a sarcastic yet entirely witty story that makes you fall in love with not only the two main characters but the other secondary characters as well.

Paige, a senators daughter is being sought out by a gang that is trying to kill her. Now Sebastian who is not a fan of the senator must keep his daughter safe and not let his disapproval over her father get in the way. There is so much sexual tension going on in this book t
Carol 27
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Good humour and snarky banter, but lacking in other areas … 3.5 stars

This is a decent romance with dry, subtle humour and snarky banter – both of which I greatly appreciated, but neither of which made me laugh out loud. I enjoyed the characters, but found their situations to be somewhat clichéd. The plot was pretty predictable and the story was at times overly long in my opinion. For me, there was too much internal dialogue and self-deliberating. I essentially skipped through most of that to the
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I loved every second of Pretty Daring. I love Paige and her need to be her own person. Paige is just trying to be her own person, not the girl who has a shadow. When an unfortunate turn of events cause Paige to need protection Bass get assigned to the case. Bass has a past. One that hurts your heart. Bass is looking for revenge, but he never thought protecting the person that's father hurt his family would be on his radar.

I loved this book from st
Jessica
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laughing so much while reading this book

I enjoyed reading this book so very much. I laugh out loud so many times. It is such a fun read. Friendship and family ties are some things that I loved reading this story. It is so intense and a bit of steamy.

Life is useless when your some of your family members do not care for your safety. This book is emotional, heart-warming and goose bumps all over my arms. You will admire how Sebastian protectiveness. Love will do that to you despite the job being
Philleys Peters
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With death threats to her Senator father, then a near fatal shooting putting her in the hospital, Paige really does need a bodyguard. But from the first time they meet, Sebastian and Paige just rub each other the wrong way. And underneath it all, an irresistible attraction and mutual spark of lust waits to have its way! I liked their story and look forward to more in this series. Even the secondary characters seem to have interesting stories waiting to be told. Nice!

I received a free copy of thi
Valerie
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite tropes in the romance genre is the Beauty and the Beast one. Having adored that book my whole life, any book that has this same basis for its storyline is easily going to grasp me by the heart strings and make me fall in love with it. Of course who could not love Pretty Daring? A handsome bodyguard and a not so damsel in distress? LOVE.

I can’t begin to count the times I was literally laughing out loud when reading this book. In public too! I love this author’s writing and I’m
Bellereader
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Paige and Sebastian are the perfect couple to book binge if you love hilarious can’t miss awesomeness. Paige is the quirky sista from another mista we can all find relatable. She is a bit of a hot mess that now has to deal with an attempt on her life of all things. Now she is having inappropriate feelings for the a man she can’t seem to stand and she hired to protect her. Can she get anymore befuddling adorable? These two will have you absolutely in stitches and blushes.

I voluntarily read an ad
BusyM3
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great, funny, steamy story. It kept me interested till the end. This is the first time I have ready anything from this author and it didn't disappoint. Paige needs a bodyguard and that is where sexy hot Sebastian comes in. She wanted nothing to do with him but the pull towards each other just gets stronger and stronger. I would recommend this book.

Darcy
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definite must read if you love over protective men, feisty women, humor, romance and a story about a sick little boy that will tug at your heart. Pretty Daring is that and so much more. There are plenty of laugh out loud moments between Sebastian and Paige and times you cry your eyes out about Ethan and Paige. Loved it.

Deb
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the humor, intrigue, suspense, drama, heartache, and love in this book. The sexual tension between the two main characters was pretty great too. The author did a wonderful job of creating characters who were engaging, likable, believable and lovable. The camaraderie between the friends, family and co-workers made me jealous, it felt so real. I enjoyed this book. Recommend.
poppy
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Jaded series but reads as a standalone I really liked this book it had me laughing out loud at times the characters were great and it was really well written it has plenty of drama lots of chemistry but mostly it was a really good fun book that i did not want to put down I cannot wait for the next book.
Christy Bailey
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Loved this book. This series is awesome and I can't wait for Stupid Smart to come out. Jenn Hype is a new author to me but I'm quickly becoming obsessed with her writing! And once again she didn't disappoint. If you haven't read her books you are missing out. Especially with this Jaded series.
« previous 1 3 next »
What's up world - I'm Jenn Hype.

Author, mother, wife, singer/songwriter, aspiring comedian - I wear many hats. Some of them fit, some of them look ridiculous, and all of them are fun. Life's too short to take anything too seriously, so I don't.

Sarcasm is my go-to, especially when it's most inappropriate. Need someone to make an uncomfortable situation even more awkward? I'm the girl for the job.

I

Jaded (3 books)
  • Simply Crazy (Jaded #1)
  • Stupid Smart  (Jaded #3)