Start by marking “Captive Vow” as Want to Read:

I take you.
To honor and obey.
Till death do us part.
This is my solemn vow.

I am caught in the madness of a deep obsession. Stolen away to become his perfect and dutiful wife.
Trapped in a twisted and dark courtship. Forced and trained in the wifely duties of an obedient bride.
I am his.
Captive ever after…
Published June 12th 2017

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionThis is a pretty decent cover. Good representation of the hero. Good composition. Unique and eye-caching title work.description

descriptionThis book was both intriguing and disturbing all wrapped into one. So basically this was right up my alley. It was well written and nicely paced. It had some twists and turns. It had an interesting and unique plot. No OW/OM drama. No angst really. A few hot sex scenes and two likable main characters.

description

That said I did have a few issues that stopped it from being a complete hit. One, I
ari.
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Somewhat intriguing. Review to come.
Steph's Rom Book Talk
So this is a hard book to rate. I wanted to love this book but it was a little off by the end. I felt the emotions of the female charcter in the begin, I even shed a tear or two for her struggle. Then I was lost a bit with how repetitous some of the story became, it felt like the same thing was being said. Demi and Pope had an interesting journey overall but I wanted more backstory.

Provided as an ARC for a voluntary and honest review.

This specific video review: https://youtu.be/vPKoAAypIRg

For o
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
“A girl always dreams of being swept off her feet. I just didn’t picture being swept off my feet into a moving crate , drugged, bound, and gagged. Sorta adds an entire new and twisted element to the dream, don’t you think?”
Such is the Irony in Demi Wayne's life. She's a broken, ashamed girl, who's hiding from her tainted parentage ...trying to just barely survive and sustain. She has no family or friends, or social life for that matter . If she goes missing, nobody would come look for her !!!
She
Qhuinn
DNF

I like taboo reads as much as the next person, but this was something else entirely. The H's mother's involvement in the romance was creepy and so very off-putting. But I could have lived with it, however, the mother shoving her finger into the h's anus to check for cleanliness, and watching her son receive a blowjob, that's where I draw the line. 🤢
Grace
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
What . . . the . . . f*ck!!!
I guarantee that will be your thought at least one time during reading this book.
I went into this book thinking one thing, and was literally thrown for a loop with a HUGE twist that had the story going a completely different direction than I expected.
Sadly, I can't share any of that twist for you. All I will say is that it may leave you gaping like a fish out of water. At least that's how I felt.

Demi Wayne is the perfect victim.
No family,
Only one friend.
That friend be
Janja
Jul 23, 2017 rated it did not like it

Bizarre, absurd, and impossible. I am not a prude person, but this story goes beyond all boundaries of normal taste.
Katie
I received a copy of this book via booksprout

This book wasn't what I was expecting. I liked that there was a twist that made it unlike a typical captive romance however there were points where it was rather weird. I found that I couldn't really connect to the characters and the story wasn't as dark as I thought it would be.
Cheryl Whitty
Captive Vow is a strange dark tale, and I don’t want to give away much.
Demi is a waitress in a small town with only her fellow waitress Maria her only friend. Demi has a terrible secret her mother is being executed after a terrorist explosion had killed innocent people and her mother was responsible. On the day of the execution Demi goes to work as usual and tries unsuccessfully to put it out of her mind. So it with pleasure she goes to help feed an old lady Viv with Parkinson’s to eat.
Demi wak
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
By: Alta Hensley
4 Stars

Alta Hensley never fails to add the twist to stories that once finished, you are scratching your head saying…. What did I just read?

Captive Vow is a twisted tale that you find yourself humming Jack and Jill went up the Hill… just to soothe your mind from spinning. With a twist that had me thinking... I really need to improve my southern cooking and be more of a dutiful wife.

Demi is struggling in life. Her upbringing wasn’t one that would be wished upon anyone.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
I've read a few of this authors books and loved them so I was very excited to read this. Nothing prepared me for how good it really was.

Demi is hiding from who she really is, who her parents are. Apart from a workmate she is alone in the world. Little does she know that being kind to the elderly lady Viv will change her life completely. When the worse happens with her mother she doesn't think anything can get any worse that is until she finds herself held captive.

This was a really well written
Cheryl O'Harney
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*This book was reviewed for Summer's Eve Reads*

Title: Captive Vow
Author: Alta Hensley
Genre: Dark, Contemporary Romance
Rating: 5/5

This was the first book I've read by this particular author and what an introduction to her it was, a story of friendship, family, love and loyalty with a whole lot of craziness, animosity and bitterness thrown in.

A great storyline with well developed characters who all have issues from their pasts in common they are sometimes a little crazy "yeah right that's putting
Tyi
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever felt a sense of foreboding when you read a book? This book had it in spades. I just wanted to keep and see how crazy and twisted it could get. I felt bad for Demi but at the same time loved that she had Pope on her side.

The storyline had an Alfred Hitchcock vibe and I loved it more because of it. I couldn't put it down. Every sexual act that Demi had to perform was wrong but oh so right. I've heard of match making but Vivian Montgomery takes to a whole nother level. If you are goi
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
I can honestly say I have NEVER read anything like this story! I am completely traumatized by a little old Asian woman! LOL!!

Vivian takes "I'll do anything for my kids" to a whole new level. This chick is a complete badass! Can anyone stop her? Take a ride, if you dare, on the train to the land of wtf!!!! It's a ride you won't ever forget! Trust!

Be warned! Take the warning seriously! If you're brave enough to enter Vivian's world you're gonna read some things that will definitely traumatize you
Cal
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
ME: This sounds so f*cked up.
ALSO ME: ... but I kinda wanna see what happens.

After reading:
Okay this was amazing bc the dude wasn't a part of it in any way-- it was an evil mother!

However, I kept waiting for the hero to turn out to be a villain, and, well… he was dull.

It fell flat.
Kathy Heare Watts
AND REMEMBER—MOMMA’S WATCHING. MOMMA’S ALWAYS WATCHING.

“Misery meets Bates Motel.” Every now and then, you pick up a book, and you are held hostage by the storyline and characters. Ms. Alta Hensley has done just that in this dark and twisted romantic thriller. The story is edgy, raw, and darkly twisted psychological thriller

Demi Wayne came from a life with convoluted parents and their activist causes. Never having known her father and then for her mother to carry out a heinous crime that killed
April Symes
Alta Hensley has written another awesome dark romance with a twist. Captive Vow is this strangely dark romance tale that has many twists and turns. I cant say too much for I would give the plot away. When I was done reading this book, I was like” What just happened?? Did this just happen?”
Demi is struggling in her life. Her life wasn’t the best and she had things happen to her that made her wonder if she was cursed with her lot in life. Working at a Diner, her days are made when an elderly woma
Debbie
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Captive Vow is a romantic thriller with a twist I didn’t see coming.

Demi is lonely and works as a waitress. Neither of her parents are in her life and she really only has one person she considers a friend. Viv is an elderly customer at the diner who Demi helps and has grown fond of. Pope is Viv’s son that she adores and is proud of.

That’s it! That’s all I can say without providing spoilers. There is romance, there is suspense, there is blackmail and there are some crazy jacked up scenes that le
B.E.L.L.A.Mc
DNF 36% I'm not a big fan of different personalities in a character. I just didn't care for the story or characters, or the writing style. I didn't connect to anything and if that's how it is at 36% in; it's time to bail. I refuse to finish a book just for the sake of it. Best I can say is it was 'free' with Kindle Unlimited. I wouldn't recommend it; it's not dark - it's boring.
Wit & Wonder Books
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by author an exchange for honest review***

“I mean, who gets to say that they got kidnapped by a little old Asian lady to become the bride to her son?” I smirked. “That’s horror movie material right there.”

Captive Vow by Alta Hensley is a rollercoaster packed full of twists and turns within the first couple chapters; events you don’t see coming! It’s like whiplash by a book! Considered a Dark Romance due to kidnapping, bondage against will and some questionable events.

Demi W
Tanaka K
Wow, what a magnificent dark thriller. I was blown away when I read this that I am still cannot come u with the words to fully express how I feel. My mind went from 0-60 so fast that I lost all reality. All I could do was think of this book. I read so many books by Alta Hensley that I adored but Captive Vow topped it in both my heart and my mind. Captive Vow totally captivated me from start to finish. I found myself so deeply enthralled. Seriously, Captive Vow was the best book ever written by A ...more
Ana Rita
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my sweet lord... What will I find? I know that coming from this author it will be a masterpiece but that doesn't mean I'm not scared. Lol
As everyone knows, if you don't I'll tell you, Alta Hensley has an intense, simple, breathtaking, sassy and super hot writting that will leave you breathless in a sec.
Every single book that I've read from her put me on edge but I loved every single one.
Captive Vow is her latest release and it tells us Demi, Vivian, Viv and Pope's stories. They all have a p
Michaelene
Mind Waaaarrrrppp!

I read a lot, so I figured I knew what reviewers meant when they called a book a “mind f&ck.” Alta Hensley’s Captive Vow blew any preconceived notion I had straight out of the water. I’m still reeling, but I’m so glad I got pulled under.

I knew that was all fiction. F*cking fiction!

This book was not what I expected. In any way, shape or form. I read the blurb, and I thought I had an idea of what this story was about. I. Was. Wrong. The first half of the book I spent trying t
Sassy Southern
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Demi Wayne works at Blossom's Diner with her friend Maria. She has befriended a lady named Vivian Montgomery who has Parkinson's and has trouble feeding herself. Demi feels quite alone in the world after incidents involving each of her parents has left her virtually alone.

When Demi is home she finds Vivian has come to see her and soon a whole new side of Vivian comes to light and it is a side that Demi finds extremely frightening. Yet Demi finds herself with an alias in Vivian's son, Pope.

Will t
Paula D
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Momma's watching, Momma's always watching" Demi Wayne has had a hard life parents that are Demons, Murders, Monsters and she never gave up always trying to find the light of the darkness swallowing her up. Demi is a waitress and always helps a little old lady Viv that comes in to eat now and then. The day of Demi's moms death her life changes. Waking up in a box, bounded tied up and confused, scared out of her mind and Viv is there. Why is Viv there and what is going on? Wow I felt like watchin ...more
Jess~Two Darlin' Dolls & a Book Review
A dark twisted taboo version of playing house no one volunteered to play. This story crept into my mind it has me on suspense. Demi is practically isolated due the dark demons that haunt her past. Pope on the other hands turns to isolation as his answer. They are thrown together unwilling but have no choice but to play pretend in a twisted taboo that will have you question. How long can one go before the lines of pretend out of fear and real feelings start to blur? Alta manages to put you on par ...more
Angie Crabtree-Liezel and Angie's Book Blog
Captive Vow is a dark, twisted, insane story of two people meeting in a very unconventional way. It's sweet, sad, crazy and had me saying wth so many times that I thought my jaw was permanently detached from my jaw.

What happens when your momma loves you so much that she would do anything to make you happy? ANYTHING? Would you play along to protect the innocent?

I can't even say much for fear to ruin any part of this book for you. The characters you grow to love and love to hate. Captive Vow is
Heather
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Apparently some women will do just about anything for their kids! But in this case, Vivian takes making her son happy way too far! This was a dark romance but not at all what I would have expected. As in Pope, Vivian's son, is not the bad guy that you think he might be. Although I will say towards the end of the story I was thinking Pope may not have been as innocent as he pretended.
Either way, this was a dark but steamy romance that grabbed my attention almost immediately. Be warned, it does h
2OCC Reviews
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
I'm really not sure how to review this with out major spoilers!!!! Ugh! It's going to be hard, short, and to the point.

Ok so we have pretty much 3 characters that this book evolves around. The main one and who the story is told by is Demi who was amazing! She was trough and did what she has to to keep others safe.

I liked Pope, the hero of the story. He was a great match for the heroine. I won't go into to much detail but I liked him.

So I won't go into the other character, but let's say, dang th
Becky Wise
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fast paced twisty book. I love Alta's unique twist on taboo writing. There were a few twist I did not see coming. I enjoyed Demi and Pope. Even in the moments when they were forced together and those times when they came together on their own you felt the chemistry that passion. There may be a few what?? moments but that's what made this book. Captive Vow was a wonderful twisty ride.
Alta Hensley is a USA TODAY bestselling author of hot, dark and dirty romance. She is also an Amazon Top 100 bestselling author. Being a multi-published author in the romance genre, Alta is known for her dark, gritty alpha heroes, sometimes sweet love stories, taboo undertones, and engaging tales of the constant struggle between dominance and submission.

Alta also loves to connect with her readers
More about Alta Hensley

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Royal Date (The Royals of Monterra, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop (Cadillac, Texas #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Force of Temptation (Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Wildalone
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99