Start by marking “Dipped to Death (Olive Grove Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Dipped to Death (Olive Grove Mystery #3)

Dipped to Death

(Olive Grove Mystery #3)

On her family's South Georgia olive plantation, Eva Knox is on the hook for murder in the third delightful Olive Grove Mystery from the author of One Foot in the Grove and Cold Pressed Murder.

On a sizzling-hot September day, Eva Knox's ex-boyfriend, Dudley Dexter Codman the Third, along with a bunch of his corporate cronies from Boston, arrive at Eva's family's guest inn a
Mass Market Paperback, 356 pages
Published March 6th 2018 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Dipped to Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dipped to Death

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
"Except for a few awe-inspiring mansions and estates built during the Gilded Age by wealthy Northerners who wanted lush winter getaways and hunting retreats, Abundance was mostly known for its run-down farms, big, nasty swamps, and untamed forests."

It's unusual for me to read a series out of order, but I received this as an ARC (I'm so behind.)

I adored the book - it had cute moments, southern comfort, quirky characters who weren't so other the top it was annoying, a layered story-line that had
Beth
Quirky and highly entertaining, Dipped to Death provides a marvelous murder mystery, an intriguing cast and just the perfect amount of southern charm. Lane's writing style reminds me of Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire series less the paranormal flare. Now, I have to back read the series since I started on book 3 and I have to know what I missed.

I received this ARC copy of Dipped to Death from Berkley Publishing Group. This is my honest and voluntary review. Dipped to Death is set for publicat
Kristina
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Dipped to Death by Kelly Lane is the third An Olive Grove Mystery. Eva Knox works as the head of public and guest relations for her family’s inn and olive farm known as Knox Plantation in Abundance, Georgia. Eva was surprised the previous day when one of her ex-fiancés, Dudley Dexter “Dex” Codman III arrived at the inn with colleagues from Perennial Paper. She is surprised and suspicious of his presence in her hometown especially when they claim they are going to be birdwatching (Dex is not a bi ...more
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
This was an interesting mystery. Having the victim being the protagonist’s ex is always a happy thing for readers, because the ex in most often a jerk. So, no love lost there.

Check out the back of the book for some delicious sounding recipes.

Disclaimer
There is the use of profanity that is beyond the occasional use of h*ll and d*mn.
Cheryl
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Eva ex-boyfriend arrives at her family’s guest home. She has no idea why and when his body it found drowned she starts looking for answers. She doesn’t have much luck when it is found that he was poisoned by one of her family’s olive oils. This book spent too much time talking about all of Eva’s ex boyfriend and why they were exes and what was wrong with her. It also seemed like she could’ve done something about her awful sister and having to do all the housekeeping for the guest house.
Lisa Morin
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dipped to Death by Kelly Lane is a fantastic addition to the cozy mystery family.
Stumbling over dead bodies is not normal, but it's something that happens quite often to Eva.

Having commitment issues seems to be a huge problem with Eva, especially when a jilted fiancee shows up at Knox Plantation, several years later.

Eva doesn't want to tell her family about Dex, and she certainly doesn't want to admit the reasons behind the break up.

When Dex turns up dead, Eva becomes the prime suspect. She may
Gabriella Crivilare
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
If I don't get a fourth book in this series, I might actually lose my mind.
OpenBookSociety.com

ISBN 9780425277249
Author Website: kellylanewrites(.)com
Brought to you by OBS Reviewer Jeanie

Synopsis:

On her family’s South Georgia olive plantation, Eva Knox is on the hook for murder in the third delightful Olive Grove Mystery from the author of One Foot in the Grove and Cold Pressed Murder.

On a sizzling-hot September day, Eva Knox’s ex-boyfriend, Dudley Dexter Codman the Third, along with a bunch of
Jeanie
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: obs
This is the first mystery I've read in this series, and I absolutely must go back and read the first two! Third in the series, it can be read as a standalone as there is sufficient backstory provided without spoiling the others. The characters are detailed as much as necessary; I very much like Eva and Precious, and the mysterious Ian. The plot is very complex and satisfying, with a bad guy/ gal I would never have suspected.

Eva returned to her home at the Knox Plantation, now including an inn, i
Mary Hagan
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adore this series! With deft writing, slick plotting, and profoundly rendered, lovable characters, each of Ms. Lane's books just gets better and better.

This clever, small-town Southern story is full of mystery, fun and romance, it's well-paced, and it's jam-packed with interesting character and setting details. Plus, there's some compelling information about olive oil, the lumber industry, and swamps.

Ms. Lane's adept writing style is easy to read. I enjoyed Eva Knox's friendly voice and witt
Nolan
May 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bookshare
Eva Knox and her two sisters are back in this third book about a woman who can't stay at the altar long enough to marry someone. But at least in book three, you get a better understanding of why Eva ditched not one or two, but three fiances before coming back home to South Georgia to work at her dad's olive plantation.

They've come down from Boston to watch birds. At least, that's the story the group of tourists insist on when they arrive at the plantation. But it soon becomes abundantly clear th
Sherry
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alligators, Naturists, & Murder!

I love, love, love this book! Poor Eva - I can’t decide if she’s the unluckiest or luckiest person ever! Trouble & dead bodies just seem to keep coming her way. The plot has so many twists, & so many secrets both past & present. I really enjoy fashionista Precious. I can just see her in her Louboutin heels strutting her stuff. And Debi Dicer is soooo evil! And don’t get me started on those crazy Twins. And the relationship between Eva & Ian, &a
Bree
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Third in the series, but a first for me. This book was top olive on the tree. I could see why people would not only love this book as a stand alone but also want to read the entire series. I have hopes for more Eva and Dolly body finding, plus I am wanting to see the love comin’ Eva’s way (Buck that is your cue). I’ll admit Daphne is also a big reason to return to this series, just for her way of talking. Well, charm my socks off, I am off to find the first two books to see if I can laugh as har ...more
Bibi
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading her first two books, I am a big fan of Kellly Lane's Olive Grove Mystery series. I couldn't wait for #3. Her books are clever, witty and full of suspense. Her characters are so colorful that some I want to strangle (Debbie Dicer, I am talking about you!) while others I would want to hang with sipping sweet tea and eating olive oil cake waiting for Buck or Ian to drop by!

I had no idea who done it until it presented itself to me in black and white! Great job!

Kelly Lane I don't want
Lester
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Entertaining quick read. The names in this book are so..good!
"Tilly Beekerspat" "Pottie Moss Diggs"
The expressions..
"Well ain't that the butt end of a dirty hog." " You're tighter than a bull's ass at fly time!"
"That tall bitch is slicker than snot on a brass doorknob."

...and so many more...a funny book to read after much serious reading lately.

Spook Harrison
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fluffy-mysteries
I felt like Lane wanted to be writing a romance novel with a murder mystery included. The language characters used and that was used to describe characters (bodies, odors, tastes...) was more like something one would read in a Harlequin book. Not bad, and the mystery was good, it was just curious to be reading a story that wanted to be a different kind of story.
Tami
May 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018-books
I couldn’t finish this book. The characters are all one-dimensional and why does everyone have to give lectures about olives? I get it. Olive Grove Mysteries. I don’t need a history or botany lesson in every chapter. I love cozy mysteries but this one just isn’t my style.
Terri
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this light mystery. It’s weird that sometimes the characters annoy me, especially the oldest sister but I suppose that’s part of the appeal cause it’s like people I know! Hah! Anyway perfect entertainment when your brain needs a break.
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Hmmm, there is more intrigue in this story than in past books...I like this! Poor Eva, tsk...tsk what a busybody or maybe just a "nosy parker"-ha where did that expression come from!? Any how, Eva keeps plugging away at the lies and the discrepancies until the "truth unfolds" in front of her.
Kenzie Weitzeil
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Loved every page. I can't wait to see what's next in Eva Knox journey.

Well.paved, great characters and character development.
Jenny
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun read, and the best one in the series.
Doreen
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3/3/18 Full review tk.
Susan Moxley
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A real page turner with lots of twists and turns and lots of mystery and action to the very end of the book. I can not wait to see what happens in the next book.
Nancy Finley
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good addition to the series. Now I can't wait for the fourth book in the series.
Virginia
May 13, 2018
Leah
Jan 10, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Farm gal, garden junkie, recipe lover, award-winning photographer, animal hoarder and anti-housekeeper, Kelly Lane is author of Berkley Prime Crime's Olive Grove Mystery series. Awarded a Library Journal starred review, the series opening book, ONE FOOT IN THE GROVE, is Lane's first cozy mystery.

Lane lives and writes in the bucolic foothills of Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. She's worked as a j

Olive Grove Mystery (3 books)
  • One Foot in the Grove (Olive Grove Mystery #1)
  • Cold Pressed Murder (Olive Grove Mystery, #2)