Start by marking “A Brit Complicated (Castle Calder #3)” as Want to Read:
A Brit Complicated (Castle Calder #3)

A Brit Complicated (Castle Calder #3)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
You can read the first 3 chapters of A BRIT COMPLICATED for free here: http://brendastjohnbrown.com/a-brit-c...

Scarlett St Julien likes her job well enough. Her boss? Total wanker. Even if he is sexy AF. After all, they don’t call him Bradley Walking-Sex for nothing.

When Bradley asks her to show him around London, it’s another thing on Scarlett’s task list. At least unti
ebook
Published October 11th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Brit Complicated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Brit Complicated

Marie
Find this and other reviews at Ramblings of a Daydreamer.

I absolutely loved the first two books in the Castle Calder series, A Brit on the Side and A Brit Unexpected. I was sure I’d enjoy A Brit Complicated, but I wasn’t sure if Brenda St John Brown could top A Brit Unexpected. She did. Each book in this series is better than the last, and as a whole, it’s now one of my favourite series.

I’ve been anxiously awaiting Scarlett’s story since the first Castle Calder book. I knew there was more to h
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I've been a big fan of Brenda's books since I first read Swimming to Tokyo what now seems like ages ago. Her Castle Calder series has been such a great escape for someone like me who is fascinated by all things British. I'm not a full-on Anglophile but with a little more time I feel I could be. Regardless, I love this series and A Brit Complicated is my favorite so far.

I've been anxious for Scarlett's story since I first met her earlier in the se
Faith Andrews
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book more than I love Cadbury chocolate, and that's saying a lot because it's my absolute favorite!

I'm so mad at myself for not knowing about the Castle Calder series sooner! After reading Scarlett and Bradley's story, I will certainly be diving in to the others because I am utterly addicted to Brenda St. John Brown's witty, funny, and sexy writing style.

I found myself smiling while reading and longing for my kindle when I had to step away. I was immersed in these characters and
Nina Rossing
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2017
Perfect on vacation!
Siobhain  Perez
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Brit Complicated was my favorite office romance of 2017!

This is my first time reading a novel from Brenda St. John Brown and I loved everything about his book. I am a fan and want to read the other books in the series ASAP! Although this is the third book in the Castle Calder series, it could be read as a standalone.

Let me introduce you to the story and the sexy characters, Bradley and Scarlett.

Scarlett St Julien is a talented designer/artist who works for Bradley Waring-Smith. In this story,
Jackie
Dislaimer: I was sent an e-ARC of this glorious book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I've always been a little - okay, a lot - weak in the knees for anything that has to do with the British. Like I'm completely in love with their accents among other things. So when the opportunity came for me to be able to read this book, I jumped right on it!

Now, there are sex scenes in this book but they weren't graphic. I was caught off guard with the first scene but it's all a part of Scarlett
Char Sowers
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Castle Calder series remains solid with the Enemies to Lovers/Forbidden Fruit Boss third installment "A Brit Complicated". Scarlett's a little slow to warm up to as she's a bit cranky and plenty judgy at the book's beginning. Since the story is told from Scarlett's Point of View, Bradley, our Hero appears stiff and expresses himself rather harshly. As the book progresses and the couple spends more time together they evolve. Bradley's a bit of a work-a-holic and doesn't think about how what h ...more
Chasing Away Reality
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when boss and employee have such intense chemistry but a relationship goes against company policy? You set up a secret arrangement to quell the ache you have for each other without disrupting the balance at work. At least that's what Scarlett and Bradley had hoped would happen. What they didn't expect was to want more.

I could not put this book down! It was a well-developed, fast-paced, sexy, fun, and perfect workplace romance. I loved every moment of it. Usually, as I'm reading a
Kristen Johnson
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it

A Brit Complicated was a lovely foray into office relationship romance with the added touch of quite a bit of humor.

Bradley and Scarlett have an odd working relationship, both with thoughts in their heads about waht the other is like made as snap judgements. But when they discover there's a powerful chemistry between them and a deeper connection could form - they realize there's so much more there.

One thing I loved from the start is that these two characters come of as abolutely honest - one m
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Brit Complicated was one of the most entertaining office romance books that I've read to date, not to mention it was highly original. Scarlett St. julien likes her job, but her boss? She truly believes he's a total wanker, (her words not mine), although very annoying, she still thinks he's sexy. When he asks her to show him around London, it comes out of nowhere, and it throws her for a loop, so she adds it to her task list. However, she never thought a spark would be lit as she gets to know h ...more
Jessica
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for Scarlett St Julien's story since we met her in A Brit on the Side. I wasn't disappointed at all. In fact, this may be my favorite read of the series.

I love Scarlett's spunk and her attitude about everything, especially when it comes to her boss, Bradley Waring-Smith. Knowing how she feels about him from the previous books, I love how the book jumps right into her feelings about him and how she knows she's better than he gives her credit for.

The way the "arrangement" betwe
T. Rosado
5 STARS!

A Brit Complicated has officially become my favorite Brenda St. John Brown book. What a great read! It was fun, sexy, sweet, and realistic. I loved all of the characters - main and secondary. Not that I didn't enjoy previous books by this author, but I feel she increased her craft 10-fold with this book. Brenda St. John Brown created a believable work setting, realistic relationship conflict, and stellar character development. In fact, I absolutely loved the characterization of the hero,
Pam
Shelves: arcs
This was a fun and fantastic read. I thought I really like A Brit Unexpected, but this one was even better. Although you don't have to read the other books in this series, it is a little bit nice to know some of the characters that show up from the other books. I absolutely love an office romance, then throw it the funny and sexy times and you've got yourself a real winner. The dynamics between Scarlett and Bradley are just downright hilarious. He's so frustrating and she's so uptight around him ...more
Elizabeth
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh this was a fun read! I think it may be my favorite of the Castle Calder books.
Scarlet has been in the previous books, so we know her a little bit. In a Brit Complicated, we catch up with her as she begins to make her way in her career. Bradley is her boss and they are so much fun to watch together.
The thaw from semi-adversarial to a fling to the potential for more was sweet and a little sad at the same time because they had such a hard time talking about their feelings.
Well written and fun
Caro
Shelves: t
3.5-4 stars.

This time we get to see Scarlett and Bradley, and how they have to balance the feelings for each other and the fact that they work together.

Bradley comes off as serious and stoic and really hard working, and expects others to do the same. So, safe to say he wasn’t an office favorite, lol.

Well, obviously the more they get to know each other, the more they realize that there’s more to the other than they thought. I loved their interactions and even their mistakes made them endearing, m
Mindy Diegel
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow Brenda did not disappoint with Scarlett's book! It was amazing. She found someone that finally spare toe to toe with Scarlett and still survive hehehe. Bradley-Walking Sex was the perfect guy for her. Watching her fight her feelings and finally open up about what she really wanted in her life! I loved every second of it, lots of laughs, British humor and the interesting fact of a Brit and American getting on the same page about what the other actually meant even though it was not what they s ...more
Amy Mcmanus
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You guys...I. COULD.NOT.PUT.THIS.BOOK.DOWN!!!! Brenda did such a wonderful job giving Scarlett her own love story. The relationship between her and her "male friend" was just fantastic. the dynamic between the two leading characters was so well written and the storyline was easily followed. I was also glad to see characters from the first two Brit books show up in this book; it is always nice to know have everyone is doing! Please, buy this book now, and I promise you, you will read it in one si ...more
Christy  (CaptainReadsALot
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
I'm going to give this one 3 stars.

I had a hard time staying into the book. It felt to me like she kept repeating herself and I swear if I had to read "Walking-Sex" one . more. time . I was going to lose it. I get it. He's hot. Let's move on.
But the things that bothered me were her wishy-washiness and his inability to be direct about what exactly it was he wanted.

I did like their chemistry, which was really well written, and I liked all of the secondary characters to pieces. Their interaction
Konnie
I really wanted to like this book and thought it would be a funny, adorable, sexy read, and it was for the first 50% of the book, but after that it FIZZLED big time!!

I got tired of them just falling into bed all the time. It lacked the romance for me and became to sappy and tried too hard to make every next line funny - really tiring and predictable!!

It got to the point where I was rolling my eyes and almost skimmed through the remainder of the book. I seriously couldn't wait for the end to come
Rachael
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first Brenda St. John Brown book, and I would be happy to read more by her. I found the writing to be fun the characters interesting and entertaining. Scarlett and Bradley are fleshed out well and have a great banter, lots of uncertainty and sexual tension. The characters are strong, not weak in their personalities, which I found refreshing. Confidence was abundant and Scarlett and Bradley held their own throughout the story. When they finally connect, FIREWORKS.
Soulla Georgiou
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This is my first read by this author and let it be known that I thoroughly enjoyed this story and the writing style.

This was a fun, sexy, light-hearted office romance and was very well written.
I loved that this story is set in London and since that's where I live, it resonated and made a refreshing change.

Great story and highly recommended if you fancy a fun, easy read.
Nicole
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this book and I’m so glad I was able to read it! Part three in a series but can be read alone (I hadn’t read the first two and was fine). I for sure will go back and read the first two though! Love a good boss/employee book. The dialogue was good, and I love anything that is set in England :). I recommend this fun, flirty, enjoyable read!
Michele Del Rey
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scarlett and Bradley was a very good couple. This is my first book by this author. I really liked the way the story flowed and the steamy scenes were great. Would like to read more.
Thi
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series! I can't get enough of them. I love the other couples but Scarlett and Bradley are my favorite. They have such chemistry and are so hot together. Can't wait to see what's next.
Heather andrews
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bradley can be quite the flirty man, "Bradley’s hand grips my hip through the sheet. “I think you’ve proven I’m not untouchable.” Being interrupted is just not fun, "Bradley’s expression is torn between incredulous and amused. “I’m not sure she should come in here.” I look down at his ***k standing at attention in his boxer briefs..." Bradley always looks at the positive side of things, “Monday night when you got back from Germany, you came here straight from the airport and joined me in bed.” I ...more
Mandamay
Oct 15, 2017
Annette Wiley
Oct 11, 2017
7020954
Brenda is a displaced New Yorker living in the English countryside. She’s lived in the UK long enough to gain dual citizenship, but still doesn’t understand Celsius. However, she has learned the appropriate use of the word “pants”. And how to order a proper bacon bap/barm/buttie. Because, well, bacon.

Brenda writes contemporary romance to make you giggle and swoon. When she’s not writing, she enjoy
More about Brenda St. John Brown...

Castle Calder (3 books)
  • A Brit on the Side (Castle Calder #1)
  • A Brit Unexpected (Castle Calder #2)