Start by marking “Blood and Thunder (Blood Vice, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood and Thunder (Blood Vice, #2)

Blood and Thunder

(Blood Vice #2)

Being a vampire isn’t easy. Jenna Skye thought she could pull it off without giving up her old life, but the compromises are taking a toll — and not just on her. Jenna’s sister Laura is eager to return to her glamorous life in Hollywood, and Mandy, Jenna’s wolfy partner, is getting sick of playing her K9 sidekick to get around the police department’s red tape.

Jenna’s neve
Published August 22nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Blood and Thunder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood and Thunder

Niall Teasdale
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I heard a succinct version of the Hero's Journey recently: first, you put your hero in a tree, then you throw rocks at them, and then you get them out of the tree. Jenna was stuffed up that tree in the first book, and it's been rocks ever since. I found myself putting off reading this book on several occasions, just because I knew she was going to make some form of social gaff and I'm not a big fan of humiliation.

The next book promises hazing and vampire politics, so the rocks seem likely to con
Susan
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fast Paced

Jenna has set her eyes and fangs on joining the Blood Vice. Blood & Thunder is another fast paced installment in the Blood Vice series. Great cast of characters that I can’t get enough of.
Donna McDonald
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read a previous series by this author that I loved. I'm normally not a fan of serious vampire stories. Vampires aren't something I enjoy in primary characters until they're funny--usually. However, I love Angela Roquet's writing style. I think I would read anything she writes. I have enjoyed every book in this new series.
Kory Shrum
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Angela Roquet is one of my favorite urban fantasy writers - and I love her Blood Vice series most of all! It's got a touch of all my favorite genres: crime, mystery, vampires, werewolves, and romance. You'll laugh out loud, you'll tear up --and you'll love the wonderful characters and world she's created here.

Though I love Blood and Thunder, Blood Vice Book 2 even more than Blood Vice, Book 1-- you should read the first book in the journey in order to appreciate Detective Jenna Skye's rough tran
Marsha
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Blood and Thunder" finds Jenna barely managing to deal with her job in the K9 section of the police department. When she is called in on her night off and stumbled upon a body that was killed by a vampire she contacts FBI agent Roman Knight. Of course the commanding officer is none too pleased with her and she ends up telling him where to go. Although he reports her for insubordination she turns in her notice and takes off with Mandy before they can confiscate the werewolf.

Jenna is between a Ri
Andrea Cook
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 from Ms Roquet continues the tale of Jenna Skye as she tries to figure out her new life. Just when things cannot seem to worse, her world is upended once again. Trouble seems to follow her no matter how hard she tries to avoid it.
This book picks up a few months later than the first one and while things appear stable, Jenna knows her life is most likely about to change. Her twin sister Laura and her “foster” daughter/work partner Mandy both have their own lives and her boyfriend/blood prov
Christopher Armani
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Angela's writing style. This is a great second installment in the series. Jenna continues to bumble her way through her new vampire life and, somehow, manages to get what she wants despite her self-doubt and screwups. While I devour the Blood Vice series like Jenna drains her would-be killer, it's with the growing sense of dread that the series does not go on forever. :)
Great job by a talented author.
Rosemarie Grainer
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read, once again!

Jenna's life is really changing now and it is so interesting to watch that. I am really enjoying this series. This story moved at a breakneck pace with an intense tone, an action oriented storyline with some character development and one mildly steamy scene as well as vivid characters who make you root for them. I look forward to seeing what happens next! Enjoy!
Marg Siegler
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As with the first book,

I had a hard time putting the book down.
Vamps, half vamps, werewolves and humans..OH MY!!!.
This series excites me, amuses me and enthralled me.
Who would have known how the stories unfold and the plot thickens.
I am, happily, of to book 3. Bye for now.
Archer
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this Arc in return for an honest review

What can I say, I love Angela and so far she's never let me down. You fall in love with Jenna and the rest of her little family. I really couldn't put this down, I finished it one day.
Barbara Dunbar
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Harem

This second book in the series exceeded my expectations. The difficulties of learning to be a vampire and the criminal activities to be involved in keep things hopping was entertaining!!
Delena Gibson
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Great author love reading her books so funny reading how she tries to do right still sort of mess up her heart is in the right place glad her friends and sister backs her up
Alison
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed it. But it wasn't as good as the first book. Not nearly as much fasted passed action. I skipped a lot So many details to skip over. Do we really need the step by step of how to a bra off while leaving your top on. Disappointing but I will still get the next book and hope for the best
Jeanene
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love how these catch my curiosity so quickly that I can’t put them down, even to sleep ❤❤❤ ...more
Cass Gallegos
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!

O love this author. I'm gonna read all her stuff!!! The story flows smoothly with great characters. I love the whole world She's created. Can't wait for the third one!!!
Jelpet03
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
While this series is very good, it's very disappointing that the books are very short.
Shannie
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-obsession
I love this series!! Vin is annoying tho lol
Tina
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, urban-fantasy
I'm enjoying the series. Hoping it doesn't go the way of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series, tho!
Nichole Perdomo
Feb 14, 2018
Charlott Low
Dec 20, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Quantum (Red Rock Alien Mail Order Brides, #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #4)
  • Earl of St. Seville (Wicked Earls' Club Series)
  • Bell Ringers
  • In Flames
  • The Reaping: Arctic Wolves Novella
  • Everwylde (The Kindred, #2)
  • A Leopard's Path (Ashwood Falls, #5)
  • Rocked by a Vampire
  • Dangerously Dark (The Dreamcaster Series, #3)
  • Good Girls Don't (Everly Brothers, #2)
  • Hell's King (Hell's Son, #3)
  • Unexpected Prize (Unexpected, #0.5)
  • Double Score
  • Diverted Heart
  • Their Wicked Future
  • Guardian Unraveled (Fallen Guardians #3)
  • Prelude (Dresdan Coven, #1)
  • Summer Heat: Love on Fire
USA Today bestselling Angela Roquet is a great big weirdo. She collects Danger Girl comic books, owls, skulls, random craft supplies, and all things Joss Whedon. She's a fan of renewable energy, marriage equality, and religious tolerance. As long as whatever you're doing isn't hurting anyone, she's a fan of you, too.

Angela lives in Missouri with her husband and son. She's a member of SFWA and HWA,

Blood Vice (7 books)
  • Blood Vice (Blood Vice, #1)
  • Blood in the Water (Blood Vice, #3)
  • Blood Dolls (Blood Vice, #4)
  • Thicker Than Blood (Blood Vice, #5)
  • Blood, Sweat, and Tears (Blood Vice #6)
  • Flesh and Blood (Blood Vice Book 7)