Start by marking “Genesis (Project Nemesis, #2)” as Want to Read:
Genesis (Project Nemesis, #2)

Genesis

(Project Nemesis #2)

Noah Livingston knows he is destined to survive.

The 64 members of Fire Lake's sophomore class are trapped in a place where morals have no meaning, and zero rules apply. But Noah's deaths have trained him--hardened him--to lead the strongest into the future . . . whatever that may be. And at any cost.

Min Wilder knows that survival alone isn't enough.

Trapped in a violent w
Published March 6th 2018 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Genesis, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lily It was possible in the program to die of starvation. I think that if they did, they would not reset.

H.L.
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
[NOTE: I was given a physical ARC by Penguin Young Readers Group in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.]

One of the of the few things I do not enjoy when it comes to books is when someone makes a book into a series. I am not a fan of reading series just because it is hard for me to get into the book and I find myself always critiquing it. However, there are a few rare occasions when the book surpasses expectations and allows the reader to fully emerge in the book
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
4.5*

Well, this was a fun and addictive book! When it showed up at my door looking all giant, I was a little scared. Big books are scary. Sequels are scary. But neither was a problem here! So shall we chat about what made this a really good sequel whilst trying to be super vague because again, sequel? Great!

It is so fast paced! For a book that's over 500 pages, it never once felt long.
Colleen Houck
I wasn't sure I was going to get to the end. The suspense last right up until the last page. If you're a Maze Runner fan, pick up this duology. All those characters feel very real and they'll keep you on the edge of your seat. My favorite scene was at the end so I won't spoil it for you. Did not see any of it coming. Excellent story!
✨Jordan✨
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
What happens when an apocalypse destroys Earth as we know it? Everyone is dead except for 64 teenagers who have been digitally put into a computer system. They don’t know how or why but they have been told only the survival of the fittest will make it out of the system and be put back onto Earth to rebuild human kind. Teenagers fight to the death, alliances are made, backstabbing can happen to anyone. Who will survive and who won’t? Can they really make it back to Earth even if they win? I loved ...more
Brittany
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3.25

Project Nemesis is in Phase 2 and Fire Lake is in utter chaos. The 64 students saved from the destruction of the world have all gone berserk. After learning that only a set number will survive and be able to proceed to Phase 3 the students split into groups and commence in all out war. The rules are unknown. The consequences are deadly. The outcome is a mystery and only one person knows that the true purpose of Project Nemesis is, the Guardian, and he isn't telling anyone.

This book is an all
Rahma Abdelrahman
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-read
3 stars.
Genesis, the sequel to Nemesis, follows our Min and Noah as they try to understand the new world they've been thrust in and how to get through Phase 1.

I really enjoyed book 1, so I'm sad to say that this book did not live up to the same level. I mentioned in my review of the first book that I hoped the author wouldn't go the boring route in this sequel, but he did; the book lacked the same fast pace and intriguing mystery that gripped me so much in the first book. They were there, of cou
Jessica
It was almost too much. I had to keep putting it down to take a break. So intense, and violent, and upsetting! I had to know what happened. I wanted to finish. But I just . . . it was TOO MUCH!
Vicky Who Reads
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, own
Want more awesome Genesis fun times? Check out my stop on the blog tour HERE to play some SPOT THE DIFFERENCE games with my fanart & find out more on the series!

UMM OKAY WHAT JUST HAPPENED???

Y'all need to get to reading book 2 quicker because things are so wild in this book and I need people to chat about it with, okay?

If you thought book one was a rollercoaster, wait until you dive in to Genesis.

As a refresher, at the end of book 1, Noah has gone to the dark side (dun dun dun!!!)
Leisha
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
*Update: Review up on my blog https://literaryleisha.wordpress.com/...

DAMN that was a wild ride. Didn't expect to read it so quick, it was so good.
Full review to come!
Dalziel Mapp
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can we get a round of applause for Brendan Reichs, please?

Because he has done it again. Left me, an emotional wreck with a fake smile firmly on my face to hide the pain, dangling from a precarious cliffhanger. But hey it's totally souldestroying fine I should've known what I'd signed up for after Genesis.

(view spoiler)
Nan Fe
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
"I reject this whole world. And I'll fight it, no matter what the consequences are."

I was so afraid that the second book would not inherit the surprise, the intense elements the first book "Nemesis" had, but to my satisfaction, it didn't disappoint me.
The concept of this book is pretty similar to "Red Rising" and "The Hunger Game", basically the kids need to kill off their friends while establishing their lives, their comrades in order to reach the next phase of Project Nemesis, The Evolution, s
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So great! Loved better than the first, review to come.
Caitlin
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, 2018
You can see my review on my blog here! https://caitstielsbookworld.wordpress...

*31 1/2 Stars*

I thought the first book in the series, Nemesis, was an interesting read and it left enough of a cliffhanger for me to look to continue on and read Genesis. While Genesis did have some interesting plot points and I quite enjoyed the endgame, the middle portion of the book was incredibly slow and I couldn’t get past some of the nuances in regards to the characters.

I did enjoy how ‘Project Nemesis’ panned
Ricky
Reichs returns in the middle entry of his gnarly, supernaturally deadly, seriously dangerous Nemesis trilogy. Going forward, I do have to drop major spoilers for Book 1 - or do I? I mean, the dust jacket blurb does a terrific job of not being too spoilery in case someone picks this book up by accident without having read its predecessor.

But I'm not writing dust-jacket copy. I'm writing a review for Genesis and, maybe just a little, hoping it manages to blow up my blog stats a bit and become one
Alisi ☆ wants to read too many books ☆
So problematic and stupid. A million years and all the training they get is to kill themselves. So fucking stupid. This is one of those books that makes you question someone's intelligence to the point where I'd actually want to have been there when the author came up with this BS.

Go on kids. You're the last humans. No, we're not going to teach you to hunt or medicine or science or how to survive in different areas or how to make closes or even force you to come together as a group. We're not go
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoy this book. I need book three like right now. I did an full review the best I can when I'm sick, https://abellafairytale.wordpress.com.... Happy Reading!!
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 4/17/19: Sadly, I had some serious issues with this book, all of which are probably spoilers. I will say that I think most of the book didn't push the plot forward. This series takes things to a whole new level but there was just too much time on things that didn't really do much for the book.

(view spoiler)
Brooklyn Tayla
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Pan Macmaillian Australia for providing me with an advanced reader’s copy of this book, this of course no way impacts my thoughts on the book.
In book one, Genesis, I was definitely interested in the story of Min and Noah, I hadn’t read anything like it before and was addicted and enjoyed the twists and turns…
“Nemesis” took this to a whole new level.  This book was properly insane! There were so many twists and turns, I was actually on the edge of my seat throughout! Noah had me so f
Krysti
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Genesis is an absolute thrill ride from start to finish. With mind blowing tension and a cast of entirely unpredictable characters, this book will keep readers on the edge of their seats.

After the explosive ending to Nemesis and the fascinating concepts we'd been introduced to as readers, I had high expectations going into this book, but in all honesty Genesis blew book one out of the water. Reichs has created a sci-fi world that is so smart and just plausible enough to make this story utterly c
Stacy Kersteter
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intense and exciting!
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!
Same Review Also Posted On My Blog: Dreamy Addictitons

‘‘Phase Two has begun.
Uploaded sequences must be sorted.
You must find your place within the system.’’

OMG, this was brutally intense thrill ride from start to finish. It's like Hunger games meets Battle Royale. Genesis is one of my highly anticipated sequels of this year and it didn't disappoint me. Seriously, it was even better than the first book. It picks up right  where it was left off in the first book and I enj
Maleen
Nov 10, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 This book was incredibly violent, although I knew that going into it. The premise was basically kill or be killed, but don't worry...you all come back so you can do it all again, and again.

The idea is interesting, although I don't agree with the psychology behind it. Would you really want the most bloodthirsty, violent, conniving people to be the ones that make it through? Research cannot support that, right?

The relationships in this are almost laughable. Min has only to look at Noah and his
Caro Herrera
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wait, what was that ending? I need more! And I need it now!
This book was amazing. Honestly, I wasn't sure how it was going to pick up after the first one ended. Like, how in the world was Reichs going to make this plot twist work? But he made it work pretty damn well I have to say.
This book was a great read, and had some elements of the Hunger Games series as well as Red Rising. I absolutely loved it, and my husband did too. In fact, he read it in a day and then thrust the book into my hands and
Kathleen
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
What a crazy ride! This had twists, turns, and surprises I never saw coming. If there is a book 3 - and there better be - I need it now.
Stefan
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

After the big reveal in the first book, I was wondering what path this second book would take.
It didn't quite go the way I initially wanted it to go. But I kept on reading and accepted it for what it offered me instead.

And what it offered me was a really good idea of transferring the consciousness of humans into a supercomputer -because the earth is about to be destroyed by a meteor-, so it can later be downloaded into a new human -clone- body when the earth is habitable again.
I like how it expl
Stephanie Ward
'Genesis' is the heart-pounding second installment in one of the most original young adult series I've read. The plot is pretty intricate and woven together, so you need to read the first book before this one if you want to understand anything that happens. There wasn't anything about this novel that I didn't love. It was everything I had hoped for and more. I was a little afraid that this book wouldn't live up to the first installment. So many series have amazing beginnings only to tank in the ...more
Line
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow.... Just... wow.

So before entering this story, I went back and read my review for the first book in the series Project Nemesis. I was not thrilled back then, but then again I really liked it. I loved the beginning of the first book, but I guess I wasn't aware what kind of genre I had diving into. If you check the books I've read in here it's mainly young adult romance. So why I picked Nemesis up in the first place I'm not quite sure of. But I finished it, and I said back then, that I probabl
Sarah Black
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual (4.5 out of 5 stars)
This book continues the storyline of the first book in this series Nemesis. It follows two characters Noah and Min who are both betas in the program called Nemesis.

This book is action packed! I think I said it before in my Nemesis review that it would make an awesome TV show or movie and after reading this second installment, I still stand by that! There is so much packed into this book.

There are friendships that are formed and torn apart. There is some romance. And
Ryan H
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second and I assume final book in this series and it does not disappoint. It continues along nicely right after the first book’s ending. There are many big reveals and revelations along the way that help us understand the logic and back story. It makes you love some characters and hate others. At times, you could even hate some of those lovable characters which makes this audiobook have some depth. I enjoyed the continuing dual POV and narration. It allowed us to see things from diff ...more
  • Enemy Exposure (The Raven Files, #2)
  • Active Memory (Mirador, #3)
  • Jessica's Secret Diary (Sweet Valley High Magna Edition #5)
  • Soldier Girls in Action
  • How to Ditch Dead Guys (The Witch's Handbook, #2)
  • Unleashed (Tor Maddox #1)
  • The Great Flood (Imagine #1)
  • The Return
  • City of Bastards (Royal Bastards, #2)
  • The Beloved Wild
  • The Other Side of the Sky (Untitled #1)
  • Firestorm (Worldmaker, #3)
  • Cadaver & Queen (Cadaver & Queen, #1)
  • Skandal (Sekret, #2)
  • Battle of the Network Zombies (Amanda Feral, #3)
  • Reclaiming Shilo Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, #2)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Dreamer (Traveler, #2)
Brendan Reichs was born and raised in Charlotte, North Carolina. He graduated from Wake Forest University in 2000 and The George Washington University School of Law in 2006. After three long years working as a litigation attorney, he abandoned the trade to write full time. He lives in Charlotte with his wife, son, daughter, and a herd of animals that tear up everything.

Project Nemesis (3 books)
  • Nemesis (Project Nemesis, #1)
  • Chrysalis