Start by marking “Country Nights” as Want to Read:
Country Nights

Country Nights

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  3,221 Ratings  ·  305 Reviews
Sixty country days and sixty country nights—that’s all I wanted.

I needed to get away from the city, away from the hot mess that had become my life.

When I stumbled upon my childhood home on RentBnB.com, I took it as a sign, cleaned out my life savings, and hightailed it to the only place that ever meant something to me, a place I hadn’t seen since a lifetime ago.

Only when I
Kindle Edition
Published June 27th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Country Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Country Nights

NMmomof4
2 Stars

Overall Opinion: I tried really hard not to go into this one with any expectations, and I think for the most part I did. That's not to say that I wasn't still disappointed, because I was. I liked the overall premise, and I did appreciate the fact that it wasn't love/lust at first sight sort of thing...BUT there was just so much else going on that made my eyes roll and me scratch my head because they just didn't work for me. There is a serious scene that happens with the h that is just s
Alex ♈

I absolutely loved this book till about 32/33%.*
AMAZING HEROINE! One of the best! IMO of course.
I worshipped this woman.

She won me completely and "irreparably" with this one line (said about her cheating ex):
"The damage is done, and I’ve never believed in second chances."

My kind of a woman!!!

*******SPOILERS!!!*******

(view spoiler)
Tracy Wilkin
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my lordy, Country Nights blew my mind. I have been reading books by Winter Renshaw for a long time, and this book, is without a doubt, my favourite so far. She took my breath away with this story. I could not get enough. I lapped up this story in one sitting because there was no way I was putting it down. It was too good to leave it. Even for a second.

River and Leighton meet when she comes across her childhood home. And he is the sole occupant. I loved the storyline of Country Nights so much,
Bianca
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I was expecting more from Renshaw cause I love the Rixtonfalls Series and of course the Amado brother, that is why when I saw this baby on the shelf I just grabbed it.
Well for starters, I love the personality of Leighton, she is a relateable girl, almost as if I know what she is going through. Then comes the decision that changed the course of her life. Leighton found out that her long time boyfriend and fiance had been cheating, not just that the man she fell inlove withwas long gone.
Of cours
mich
Heroine: unmemorable

Hero: zero personality

Heroine's ex-boyfriend: he was such a "bad guy" that it was cartoony (total eye-roll) (view spoiler)

Story: boring.
Josiane

Overall I enjoyed this book but thought the plot had some serious holes that affected my rating.
To be honest, this one will probably sink into my mental cemetery of forgettable reads as soon as I finish this review.

This is dual POV and we start with Leighton, our h, who walks away from her fiance after 8 years. This scene started really well for me. She picks up her stuff and moves on, stating with a return to her roots where she remembers being happy. Some hole in the wall small town w
Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
I loved this book. Couldn't put it down. Full review to come. It was funny, sad, heartbreaking and beautiful.
Aneesah
This was an enjoyable read. The story line with the hit and run did remind me a little of the ending of Spinning Out by Lexi Ryan. Still it was a good story with a nice slow burn. I don't like when our hero and heroine jump in the sack too soon and then spend the rest of the book full of regrets and miscommunications. I much prefer a slow build up and BOOM! Burn up the sheets!!! I don't think River and Leighton were exactly "burning" them up but the love scenes were satisfying. Would have been n ...more
April Symes
I just have to say it-Winter Renshaw writes some pretty AWESOME heroes!!! This is another phenomenal story with some great characters. The first couple pages tell us what the heroine had been going thru - Leighton thought she had it all under it all fell down in one swoop (successful lawyer boyfriend since college, non-challenging job at an art gallery ) which is when she catches him cheating- by way of sext from another woman that pops up on his phone and other things that added up and he didn’ ...more
Sophie
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-2017
Country Nights by Winter Renshaw was nothing like I expected it to be. If anything it was so much more! I couldn't possibly tell you if I devoured this book or it devoured me. I was totally captivated by this story from start to finish.

Winter’s books are absolutely fantastic, I swear they bring out so much emotion and passion and I have loved every book of hers so far but I actually think this one is my favourite. Hands down.

Without a doubt Winter is one of the BEST at writing men that are hard
Gabriella
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice!

I really liked Country Nights. It is IMO more heartfelt and has a little more substance and feeling than her last couple of books. I liked the country setting, the characters and even though Winter Renshaw is known for her short books, so the storylines don't allow for much character growth or real depth this one touched me. I felt sad for River and the sorrow he was carrying, but I have to admit I would have liked to see a more gradual change in him, and more time for him to accept and dev
Morelia (Strandedinbooks)
**3.5 STARS!
-y.a
Dec 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
A very contrived plot.
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

Country Nights is an Adult, Contemporary Romance written by Winter Renshaw. I was gifted a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review through Ardent Prose .

3.5 “I love your heart.” Stars!

The Review:
This was a very simple, very sweet second-chance-at-happiness romance with a little bit of angsts and a great story. Leighton won me over and River made my heart weep at all he’d lost. This was my first book by this author, but it won’t be
Beth
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Landlord Stars

The moral of this story is never wire money to anyone you don't know. Unless there is a hunky cowboy involved. It's still better to use a credit card with a return policy...but, helllllooooo. Hunky cowboy.

Leighton needs to leave her home. Quickly. The only problem is that she is has no place to go. So she decides to go back to the last place she was really happy. And that was a really long time ago. And very far away. The only problem is she didn't make the plans she thought she
greentreelife
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a good one. I enjoyed the characters. I enjoyed their "brokeness" and how they healed eachother. The story was believable and possible. Not some fantasy. I liked that his wife wasn't "bad". That he had a good life with her and that he loved her very much. We often read that their marriage was falling apart before she died or that she was having an affair. I was half expecting the unborn son to be the product of an affair but was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't.

The only thing I didn
Viper Spaulding
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story was everything an epic love story should be. River and Leighton are both learning to live after tragedies in their past. Leighton returns to her home town to regroup after a disastrous breakup with her fiance, but finds that she's been scammed out of her life savings.

River wants nothing to do with her - or any woman, for that matter - but he can't resist the magnetic pull he feels towards her. Slowly she draws him out of his shell, showing him that there's still something to live for,
MillsyLovesBooks
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
"...I love your heart.”

Country Nights pull me in from the very first page. Leighton and River's story kept me turning page after page. Needing to see what was going to happen. From Leighton leaving her douche bag of a partner to finding out what was behind this brooding man that really pulled on my heartstrings.

Leighton is heading back to the one place that as always felt like home. She left leaving her fiancee and her life needing to make a fresh start. Her fresh start doesn't go quite to plan
Maren Lee
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. But, then, I love cowboy books. The brooding kind is the best.
Taryn Elliott
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story w a side of intrigue

Loved that the author flipped the switch on me a few times in this one. Hope we get more about River's other brother.
TORI
Aug 03, 2017 marked it as dnf
DNF @ 22

Um...no.
Ariel Marie
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!

I read it in one sitting! I couldn't put it down! If you love stubborn mysterious Cowboys who falls in love with a city girl who talks too much then this is for you!
Miriam
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Hm... Okay. Where to start?

This story isn't spicy or hot or anything remotely close to either of those. It's sweet, slow, warm, and uplifting. I have no idea if Ms. Renshaw writes all her stories like this but I hope so.

Leighton's ex is a self-serving, cheating jerk with little care or thought for anyone besides himself. He isn't below threatening her employer or her family to try to convince her to come back to him. Does she? Doesn't she? Leighton's really firm on never going back to him, even
kookyquinn
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So much better than her last book (The Perfect Illusion). I was kinda bummed out that I wasn't a fan of it and wondering if I'd be let down again but NOPE! Country Nights was Ah-maz-ing! Love, love, love!

River was perfectly broody and grouchy then super sweet and adorable. For the most part Leighton was a decent heroine- she only annoyed me slightly.

This story has so much more to it than you think it will based on the blurb. Other reviewers have done a really great job giving the summary and mor
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this book and the will she won't she between two possible contenders for her heart. The surprise between the two male characters had me nodding, as i didn't see that one coming, but i though with the missing keys that something was not right with Seth.

River was a good brooding cowboy with a sweet heart, and i was happy to see that he had good people looking after him, even though he could be a bit
C Dorsey
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winter Renshaw always writes the most amazing love stories. You completely fall in love with her characters and cheer on their budding relationship. Leighton and River's story is no different. Two people with painful pasts coming together in the most unlikely of ways. Each trying to escape, only to find each other. A budding friendship becomes more.
All. The. Feels. All of them! You're angry and sad and frustrated - because lets face it. With painful pasts come painful feelings. But then..then y
Margay
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is another wonderful story from the author that seems kind of typical at the outset, but turns into so much more by the end. At first, it seems like it's going to be a light-hearted romance between two people who have very little in common and can barely handle being in the same room together for more than five minutes without it devolving into some sort of conflict or argument. But soon, it evolves into so much more. Lines are blurred, conflict is lessened, and attraction blossoms. It's no ...more
Flo Grugel
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have just sat and devoured this book in one sitting, and I LOVED it!
From the first chapter I couldn't wait to find out what had happened to make River so closed off.
Leighton was a fun breath of fresh air, literally barging into Rivers life and although their relationship moved fast it felt believable and swoon worthy, I loved that he was so unsure of himself at times.
I also enjoyed all the other characters in the book, Leightons Grandma Joyce and Molly were great characters, and even the ch
Samantha Larkin
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Nearly 3 stars, I'd probably put it near the 2:75 mark!

I don't think I've ever read anything by this author before and while it was an ok read I don't think it'd make my re-read list!

It's going to be one of those books that fade into the library of foggy books that I'll forget about!

Readable through KU (where I got my copy) I didn't skim any but I did struggle with it (it lost a little of its steam half way through)

This one could possibly be a five star treasure for you though so get a cheeky
Connie
Lots of twists and turns in this one. It's great when something good happens after you've been through something really, really bad! Leighton loses her last $5000.00 running from her sleazy, cheating ex-boyfriend. She is a victim of an Internet scam when she attempts to rent her childhood home. But River, the gruff new owner, takes pity on her and offers her a job and a place to lay her head. Will Leighton end up with his heart as well?

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop (Cadillac, Texas #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Force of Temptation (Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Wildalone
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Darkest Torment (Lords of the Underworld #12)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Lady Bridget's Diary (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #1)
  • What to Say Next
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
  • Map of the Heart
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Riveted (Saints of Denver, #3)
  • The Memory Book
  • Holding Up the Universe
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Forever with You (Wait for You, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Tear Us Apart (Never, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden (Old West #1)
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Locked in Temptation (The Protectors #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
  • If There's No Tomorrow
  • The Love Letters of Abelard and Lily
  • Words in Deep Blue
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Runaway Vampire (Argeneau, #23)
  • Secrets of the Tulip Sisters
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Any Dream Will Do
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Comfort of Secrets (Sweet Lake #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It's In His Heart (Red River Valley, #1)
  • Wicked Angel
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Somewhere in France: A Novel of the Great War
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Autumn in the Vineyard (St. Helena Vineyard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From the Moment We Met (St. Helena Vineyard, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beard Made Me Do It (The Dixie Warden Rejects MC #5)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Wind Dancer (Wind Dancer, #1)
  • Dead Wrong (Dead #1)
“the jukebox blares a Def Leopard tune.” 0 likes
“There’s a moment to be seized, an opportunity to capture, and it’s slipping away before my very eyes.” 0 likes