Start by marking “Flash Point (Elemental Trials #2)” as Want to Read:
Flash Point (Elemental Trials #2)

Flash Point

(Elemental Trials #2)

A 2017 Book Excellence Award finalist in fantasy

Scandal will shake foundations
Treachery will tip balances
Choices will have consequences
And secrets? Those will change everything

A night of careless passion leaves Battlemage Jex Xander and Adept Enari Alycon in a precarious position. Long-time lovers they might be, but the Imperial ambassador and the daughter of Egalion’s Hig
Published July 7th 2017 by Ronelle Antoinette

To ask other readers questions about Flash Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flash Point

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
True Rating 4.5 stars!

Flash Point is the second book in the Elemental Trials series. I flew through this book! Flew. Through. It. What a captivating read, I could not get enough. The language and the tone were just perfect for me. I will say though, that this is a book that would be best read in series order. It is helpful to understand the political backdrop that was thoroughly explained in the first book.

A few years have passed since the ending of the last book, Errant Spark. Jax and Enari hav
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
continue the trials and the twist, turns,& torture

Overall 4 out of 5 stars
Performance 3 out of 5 stars
Story 4 out of 5 stars

Back to a couple of interesting characters that give me a chance to see further in to their lives; past and present. Jex and Enari are back and finding themselves in a situation that could cause the long-term lovers status to be called in to questions. The fate of their world and that of their unborn child becomes and adventure in secrets/lies, magic, and more.

You cou
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
We meet a couple of interesting characters that give me a chance to see further in to their lives past and present. Jex and Enari are back and finding themselves in a situation that could cause the long-term lovers status to be called in to questions. The fate of their world and that of their unborn child becomes and adventure in secrets/lies, dark magic, and more. We find out some deceptions and who are responsible. So much deception going, Enari and
Lilly Charysma
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, I have listened to book 1 and 2 in the last two days and I have fallen in love with the series. I am crazy for Jex and his magic, I love Enari and her strangeness – more in book 1 than in the second – and I loved the plot a lot!

Taking into account this is the second book in the story, I agree with what other people say that it can be read without taking into account “Errant Spark”. But, as I was expecting, some aspects of the story, especially when it comes to the political aspect or even un
E.M. Hamill
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Elemental Trials doesn't disappoint. The action picks up a few years after the events of Errant Spark, and it's helpful to know what's gone before in this intrigue-laden court. The world building is just as rich and complicated as the first. Enari and Jex's relationship has been on hold for most of her apprenticeship, but now that she has passed her magical trials, all the heat is flooding back in - to the point of carelessness. Scheming Sarene is just as evil and connivin ...more
Stephanie M.
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
With dark magic lingering behind closed doors, royals with hidden agendas and unrequited love driving one to the brink of insanity will Enari and Jex stand a chance?

Hearts broken, secrets revealed and deaths amongst the elite as chaos erupts, who will be left standing and who will succumb to the circumstances and flee?

Tension is high, who can be trusted?

Thrust into a situation outside his comfort zone, Jex turns toward work to escape the pain as Enari is left to her own devices.

Sorrow and a p
Sylv.net Sylvia Kerslake PA
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to read Flash Point, not once but four times before it was released and although I hadn't read Errant Spark it didn't matter. I also didn't tire of reading it, Flash Point is one of those books that you can read it, leave for a little while and then pick it up again.

I fell in love with Enari and Jex, I loved the relationship they had together.

I couldn't put it down, there was something happening at every turn.

Ronelle is truly a very talented author and I was so disappointed when
Laura Ruetz
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was a big fan of the first book, Errant Spark. Flash Point did not disappoint. This is a well-written fantasy, with a complex plot and characters that has created a world that fully immerses the reader into this realm. While this is a sequel, I feel that it also works as a stand-alone novel and that if you have not read the first book, you will not be lost. Enari and Jax are dynamic and engaging characters.

I received a free copy of this book
Andi
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Antoinette reacquaints readers with Jex and Enari in the second novel of the Elemental Trials series. Flash Point is filled with demons, political schemes and love.
See my official review here: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/vie...
Melinda Zavala
Jul 17, 2017
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

This is Book 2 in The Elemental Trials series and just like Errant Spark, it’s a winner. In Book 1, we learned who Kivanna Vasi’s apprentice was. Enari looks exactly like her mother. When High Mage Eryk first saw her, his heart was torn asunder. He had loved Tanith and she had just disappeared 18 years ago. Now he was again looking at the love of his life.

It is now eight years later and Enari has finished her training. Jex has been her constant love but has spent the majority of h
Ash P Reads
Nikki
Lee Todd
Richard Brandt
Jul 25, 2017
Ronelle Antoinette lives in Colorado with her husband, two cats, one dog-who-believes-he's-a-person, and a small army of nieces and nephews. She is a lover of fantasy in all its forms, but has a particular soft spot for romantic fantasy.

Elemental Trials (2 books)
  • Errant Spark (Elemental Trials #1)