Start by marking “Fade” as Want to Read:
Fade

Fade

“Fade away or fade into me," he said, setting his warm hands on my waist. "Either way, you're going down. It's just a matter of how you want to get there; by my hand or by yours."

It’s been two years since Lily lost her best friend to a vicious random shooting. Now, after a prestigious university extends her an offer of study, she has the chance to start afresh and leave a
ebook
Published June 30th 2017 by Inkitt

To ask other readers questions about Fade, please sign up.

Lilly Charysma
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Usually I am all in when it comes to books recommended by the Inkitt team. But somehow Haley Ladawn’s book is not at all to my liking. I had many issues with the story, there are parts I did not understand or that do not stand well with me.

The plot starts quite well, with Lilly applying for a job at a university. Turns out the one who is supposed to be her boss is actually involved with the Mafia. As the blurb also suggests, they have absolutely nothing in common. For the most part of the actio
Donadees Corner
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adults only due to content
Fade by Haley Ladawn Review 7/6/17

Mafia action at its finest!
It’s been two years since Lilly lost her best friend to a vicious random shooting. Now, after a prestigious university extends her an offer of study, she has the chance to start afresh and leave all her demons behind. But the last thing she expects is to meet Elliot. He's a criminal. She's hasn't broken a rule in her life. He's Italian. She's American. He's mean. She's nice. He's like coffee, dark and bitter. She's like tea, light and
Joyffree
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love it - I looked at the reviews after I read this and I can't help but smile. Any writer that can truly affect so many on such a varied scale has my complete attention.
The stories lead male is emotionally depraved not to mention an emotional sadist. The female lead - Lily is hard to define she uses grit and wit as a shield, is emotionally strong, yet she is still feminine and a bit naïve. This is not your typical romance- heck it is not really even a romance - it's a tale of two souls creati
Tiffanii White
Jul 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was BAD

And I mean bad. Bad like drinking a cup of coffee to find out its cold with large chunks of the roast in there. Let me start off by saying there were an infinite amount of plots holes that I can't get over. By 10% I was completely over it and was seconds away from a conniption. Though I manage to hold off just barely. I got to 40% by sheer will. By time I got to 60, 70,80, 90, and 100% I pretty much just skimmed. It was that bad. There were NO redeeming qualities. Not one. If yo
abdulia ortiz-perez
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I receive this book for honest review.
I really like this book it was hot and steamy. I couldn't put in down for one minute. I wanted to now everything. Every page, Every chapter was a delight. It was to the point that it was getting really hot. I couldn't believe what i was reading here. What a turn on it was. Elliot and Lila chemistry was OMG. What a Rollercoaster it was. How I wish I was Lila right now with this Elliot Italian man. How I wish I was able to jump into the book and just take him
JACINTA
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I read Fake before Fade as I did not realise this was a series.
I found Fade a little confusing and understood a little more from reading the second book first but I found that the story did not quite flow and leaves a lot of unanswered questions.
Due to the situation the characters were in I found them not flow with the story line and they were a little blazey to what the situation they were in.
The second book is much better but again I think this story could be some much more.
You received this
Debbie Hughes
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m not even sure where to being with this story. At first you are drawn in thinking this is gonna be one of those stories about lost love and starting over. Then you keep reading and you can’t stop because you’re trying to figure out who is this guy! As you’re trying to figure out if this guy is her future or gonna kill her! You become so involved with Lily you can’t stop reading.

While you’re trying to understand what’s going on with Lily you can’t figure out who or even what Elliot is. Is he
Leah Danielle
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark
This is one of those books that not everyone will like. It's controversial and the topic matter can be at times very dark. It took me a while to get into it but once I did I loved it. I think it represents the topic in a raw form. However there were a couple times I got annoyed with the protagonists actions. It's also one of those series that gets better as the books progress. I'm reading the second book on Wattpad and I prefer it so much over this one.

All in all some of you will like this book
Leah Ford
Jan 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
This was an ARC for an honest review

Not for me, i finished the book but i was temped so many times to just give in. I couldn't relate to the characters or the story. I know the story is fiction but i just found the whole thing "unbelievable" I kept tutting throughout most of it!

Some parts were OK, which is why i carried on to the end but some of the terminology / phrases used left me thinking what on earth is going on, and i found it repetitive.

I love a mature story but this did not make me fe
Dawn
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the moment you meet Lily, you know that she has spunk. It is that spunk that keeps you turning the pages of this book. There is nothing ordinary about this book. Backstabbing double, triple, quadruple crossing all keep you guessing and yet the end still does not seem real. It leaves you desiring more and more. It is a book you can get lost in and in some ways you need to be fully absorbed by it to follow the twist and turns it makes. If you miss a line, you may get lost. Get your best detec ...more
Dawn
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I honestly started this book on Wattpad and I fell in love with the plot and characters and I HAD to buy the book itself.
The book was amazing but the grammar errors and lack of description in some parts was a bit too much but I don’t fault the author at all since this is her official published book.
Other than that I was LIVING for the twists and passion and characters and drama and betrayal!! And I literally need an Elliot in my fucking life
Dorothy
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an entertaining dark story, about a girl (Lily) who had a weird attraction for her kidnaper. Very good story line that kept me on the edge of my seat. The ending was a little disappointing. Looking forward to reading more by Haley Ladawn.
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. The book could use a proof reader, but it did not take away from the story.
Sara Gross
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was just okay for me. The plot was a little much at times, sometimes hard to follow. The writing was done well, just storyline that needed to improve. That won't stop me from reading the sequel though! This book definitely has its shares of twists and turns, so if you like that, this might be the book for you!
Mandy
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Love love love it! This book isn't for everyone and that's ok. I feel like it's an acquired taste I suppose. The main character, Elliot, is a tad bit unlikable but the hope of redemption keeps you hanging around. I would recommend this to those who are ok with dark characters and feisty heroines.
Christina Bowling
Jun 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Very sad and dark book. Unlikable characters, and not believable as a couple. Hated Lily's backstory of losing her friend. Just nothing I liked about the book, and wish I hadn't read it. I was gifted a copy.
Kőrösi
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I'm not sure what to say about this book. Based on the description, I expected a bit different story. It's a well written, well organized book, but I don't loved the characters and their story.

I received an arc of this book for a honest review.
Kim
Aug 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not for me, dnf

DNF, after the bathroom scene at the beginning. I like dark intense books, but not like this. And i flipped through and the last page was not the sort of thing i like.
Ayesha A
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
okay so it's obviously not for everyone but i liked this for several reasons! i remember the only problem was that some of the thoughts or comebacks and stuff were cringey, and maybe some grammar/punctuation issues? i really liked the plot, plot twists, and characters!! :)
Trish Resnick
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun, entertaining read that kept me on my toes!
Tammy Barton
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
awesome book
Anna H.
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good
It was hard to get in to but I couldn't put it down either.
Ben
Jul 03, 2017
michael
Aug 24, 2017
Mgade
rated it did not like it
Jul 18, 2017
liz mcmahon
Jul 18, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Haley Ladawn writes books. If you have read any of her work, you probably already knew that. When she isn't writing, she's most likely reading or consuming unhealthy amounts of caffeine.

She lives in a small town in Ohio, which she desperately dreams of escaping from. Prior to becoming a writer, Haley worked in customer service, which was by far the most harrowing experience of her life. She learne