Start by marking “Mad Love (Guns & Ink, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mad Love (Guns & Ink, #1)

Mad Love

(Guns & Ink #1)

She was a disruption he never wanted.

He was everything she distrusted.

Klayton Caldwell owns a tattoo shop in Denver, Colorado, and has seen just about everything and met just about every kind of person. And they all have one thing in common. Ink.

He isn’t complicated. What you see is what you get. Sex? Always. Relationships? Never. Pleasantries? He doesn’t do that either.
Kindle Edition
Published September 25th 2017 by Swoon Romance

Eve (Between The Bookends)
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing

description

descriptionFabulous cover on this one. Perfect representation of the hero. Excellent composition and title work as well.description

descriptionI LOVED this book. It was VERY nearly a 5 Star read for me. The only thing that stopped it from being perfect was the "Lynda" stuff. I don't think him hooking up twice with her after meeting the heroine added a single thing to the story and did take away from the romance for me. But honestly, it was just a little niggle in an otherwise phenomenal book.

description

The writing was fantastic. The pace w
Love2ReadRomance
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My eyeballs were glued to this book! I could not put it down! Shana Vanterpool definitely did not disappoint with Mad Love! I will be not so patiently waiting for Book 2 of the Guns & Ink Series.
Sabrina
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Mad Love is Shana Vanterpool's start to her new series, Guns & Ink. This book follows Madison after she escapes from her abductor and finds a safe haven with a grouchy tattoo artist. Klayton becomes her protector and one of the only people that understand her pain.

I really enjoyed getting to know these characters. Neither of them had it easy in life but that made their connection so much stronger since they could understand each other on a deeper level. Mad's p
Paige
No one does a broken hero better than Shana Vanterpool. I couldn't put this down all day. I read it on three different devices so I could keep reading no matter where I was. So much broken hearted perfection in these pages.

Mad Love is a story about two broken and bruised people who find unexpected solace in the very last person they ever expected. Klatyon and Madison are on opposite paths. Madison grew up with everything Klayton never had. But life took a dark turn for her and when she finds he
Malene
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
My first book from Shana Vanterpool and it was fabulous. The blurb and reviews convinced me and I wasn’t disappointed. Mad Love is emotionally dark and I expected it to be given the trauma Madison experienced. The only part that wasn’t dark was the epilogue and I actually liked that. The trauma Madison experienced was depicted with authenticity that only made the story more raw and real.

The characters Madison, Klayton and Cat were incredible. I loved them all and I was invested in their story.
S a r a
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
An emotional story about a girl (Madison) who is abducted and kept for a month. She escapes and that’s how she meets Cat who takes her to Klayton. Klayton agrees for Madison to stay with him and even though they both didn’t like the idea of staying together in the beginning, it slowly changes. It’s an emotional ride, brining two broken souls together, they are complete the opposite Madison being a good girl and Klayton being the typical bad boy type.

I loved these two together, I loved how Klayt
Rebecca Woodward
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
I took my time reading this fabulous, dark and beautiful story. I like the characters. The female main character is brave, strong and a survivor of rape. The author didn’t get into the details of this horrible act. But she gave us was the knowledge it happened. We the reader did not experience this horrific violation with Madison. We get the after escape, the healing process. The bond she develops with her savior and friend. I was quivering with emotions from her breakdowns. How a stranger can a ...more
London
Not safe. Sex with OW after meeting heroine and when she was in his house. He continues to have sex with this OW even when he builds feelings for the heroine. To me, that's cheating. Disgusting
Maria Vickers
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think I have found a new favorite Shana Vanterpool book, and I need book two stat! Mad Love is more intense and emotional that Shana's other work, but there was a great balance and I absolutely loved it.

Madison was abducted from her college campus, and when she escapes she finds solace with a stranger. She is terrified and rightly so. Klayton doesn't do relationships and doesn't want any complications, but Madison does something to him.

This book had it all and more. I loved the story and the
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

Klayton is the owner of Guns & Ink. When Cat, his best friend, walks in one day with a girl in tow that needs Klay's help, not having any choice in this matter, Klay agrees that he can help Madi out. But Madi is more broken than he could have ever guessed. Having suffered horrible trauma at some madman's hands, Madi is a shell of the person she once was. Having nobody to go to, she struck luck when she ran into Cat on the street and now she is in an apartment with
Joyce Mercês
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
description

Let me start this review by saying that I *normally* don’t like first books in series. I don’t know why, but I simply don’t. Shana’s books are ALWAYS an exception. She has the gift of opening a series with EXCELLENCE. So I wasn’t surprised when I couldn’t put Mad Love down once I started reading it.

What a fantastic book! Shana’s writing is impeccable, the characters, the pace, the drama and the romance are spot on!

I loved Madison and every broken part of her… I could feel her pain and all the fe
Michaelene
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book carved out a chunk of my heart.

Shana Vanterpool’s Mad Love tackles the heart-wrenching topic of captivity and sexual violence. What happens when you escape? How do you go about healing? How can you trust again? Madison and Klayton stepped right off the page making me yearn and bleed and cry. This story is going to stick with me for a while.

Trauma hurts different parts of us, or all of us, and we don’t all heal the same way.

Madison was held captive and abused, but she escapes, finding s
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Gut-wrenching and beautiful…

Once in a while a book becomes more than just a story. The words become your world and the rest? Well, everything else becomes the backdrop to a story that unfolds like you are a part of it. Not that I can understand what Madison has gone through. Not at all. Painful, horrific, and seemingly impossible to be dealt with, Mad is not dealing at all. Until Klayton becomes her unlikely saviour.

How does someone who surrounds himself with few people, suddenly find the one p
Alyssa

I won't go into a long review here. I will just say the heroine experience extreme sexual abuse trauma and horror. How everything was dealt with from her escape to the epilogue, I did not agree with.
The overall storytelling seemed not very well developed or well explained.
Michelle Krystel
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Arc provided by author for honest review.
Mad Love is completely different from Shanas regular writes. It's completely raw and open. It will make you mad angry and sad and laugh at times. Madi and klay are not perfect by any means. They are strong though and oh so loveable they both deserves the absolute best. When you read there story you will completely understand. Enjoy!
Paperback Princess
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was glued to this book from the very first paragraph...Mad Love is amazing!!! It will break your heart and then put it back together...another phenomenal read by Shana Vanterpool!!
Gwen Shafer
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read by this writer. I absolutely loved it . It was hot at times, sweet at times and breathtaking at times. Everything that you want in a good well written book. Madison(Mad) is a simple girl who went through something that no girl should have to go through.She is found by Cat a friend and taken to Klay's house. Klay is someone that keeps to himself but helped Cat when she needed him. Cat was thinking that he could do the same for Madison. But in the end Klay d ...more
Tyi
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm emotional wrecked... This has put me through the ringer and I'm okay with it. I'm smiling and crying a little while I write this review. This story will make the coldest black heart melt. I loved how the author allowed the reader to understand Madison "Mad" pov after she was taken and sexual abused. She saw the struggle she had to cope. Mad was struggle with who she was after the ordeal and how to be around people. But mostly she was struggling with being around men. Any type of trust she ha ...more
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
description

Mad Love is the first novel in the Guns and Ink Series. This novel tells a heartbreaking story of a girl living in fear that her past will catch up to her and a man hell bent on spending his days alone with no emotional connections.

This novel is going to be one that will stick with me for years. This novel weaves a story about getting through the social fear after getting captured and abused. Madi's story was so heartbreaking, the emotions portrayed in this novel were spot on and flawless. I fel
Ana Rita
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
That's it... It's official... I'm insane.. Insanely crazy and obsess with books. I just can't put them down nor do I want to do so.
Shana Vanterpool had started a new series and I'm so happy for it because I love new authors.
Her writing is intense, beautiful and raw.
Mad Love is the first book from the Guns & Inked series and I can't imagine what's next...
This book tells the stories of Klayton and Madison.
Klayton had suffered a lot in his life and wants to to be left alone doing his craft
CeCe
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
I started this book thinking this one was going to be a five star read. By 38%, I was bored and found myself skimming.

The heroine was kidnapped and abused. She escaped and finds herself living with hero above his tattoo shop. The heroine was unable to be close to any man, but she felt safe around the hero even though he was not warm to her. This was a great start to the story, but their behaviors became redundant and repetitive.

This one did not work for me and I ended up being very disappointed
Dani
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Shana has blown me away with her words. This was one emotional roller coaster which I never wanted to leave. This is not by any means a fluffy romance, it's raw, it's emotional, and it will grip you and not let you go until long after you've turned the last page. This is definitely going on my list of top reads for 2017.

The character's aren't perfect, they're broken, damaged, and that's what pulled me in and kept me invested, throughout. They weren't made up, they were real. Shana so
Judy Miracle
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Shana Vanterpool read and I loved Klayton and Madison's story. I could not put it down.

Mad Love gives you Klayton who is the owner of Guns & Ink. Madison is brought in by his best friend and is in need of help. Klay agrees but at first, he doesn't realize just how broken she is. Shes the shell of who she used to be. Can Klay help her mend the broken pieces when he himself is broken? This book will give you the feels on so many different levels. I know for sure I will be rea
Kate's Corner
Mar 27, 2018 marked it as 08-lost-interest
Becky
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
This is a hard review to write... I love Madi and Klay together, but I had some reservations.

Madi was kidnapped and raped, held hostage for long while. She stumbles into Klay's life and tattoo parlor. Klay reluctantly takes her in and tries to help her. Will he be able to help her?

While the story was very engaging, I had some problems with the characters. Klay was a little bit too much at first. Madi was so broken. Some of the interactions seemed off. However, sticking with it, you see Klay rea
Andi Isack
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I REALLY WISH TO HAVE A Klayton Caldwell in my life!!!!

This is the story of a broken doll, a wild angel, a beautiful but damaged girl. Her name is Madison. The nightmare she went through got her into million pieces. She hasn't the strength to fight against the memory and the deep consequences of her nightmare, because she keeps falling down over and over again. She doesn't trust anybody. She doesn't want to see, hear or by touch by men. Men means danger, means fear, means HIM....her nightmare.
Bu
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mad Love destroyed me in so many emotional ways, that I'm still reeling from it, and I finished it yesterday. Klayton Caldwell is a grumpy/sexy man who owns his a tattoo shop in Denver, and he has not inclination for any sort of relationships. However his world is turned upside down when Madison comes across his path. She's a 20 year old woman who was kidnapped from her college campus, and held for a while. Madison is completely broken, but for whatever reason, she grows to feel safe with Klay. ...more
ijeoma Agbaje
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a whirl away time kind of book for me, nothing too crazy or mind boggling plus you're definitely not bleaching your eyes when you're done ..and best of all pretty short..
Lavender
4 'Mad' for you STARS

I was scrolling through my feed when I found this book. I was intrigued by another reviewer and I decided to dive right into the book.

Needless to say, I gobbled the book in a few hours.

First, the relationship between Klayton and his best friend Cat was beautifully written, very realistic and quite humorous. I enjoyed their brother-sister banter back and forth.

Like siblings, they pushed each others buttons and called each other out on their bullshit.

At the end of the day,
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Dark, emotional, broken, plus so much is just some of things to describe this book. Mad Love is the first in the Guns & Ink series and this hot tatted Alpha never looked so good. This book is one emotional journey and at times it breaks your heart with the trauma that was endured with these characters.
We meet Cat, the BF to Klayton and the girl with her own past, similar to Mad (AKA Madison). She is funny and doesn't let her past hold her back. The "Cardigan" scene is the best and will fore
« previous 1 3 next »

• Escapades (Trident Ink #1)
  • Fame and Fortune (All Cocks #2)
  • Broken But Breathing
  • Ripping Pages
  • Bash: Volume I (Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • Bound for Nirvana (The Bound Trilogy #3)
  • Leaving Flowers (Seeds of Tyrone, #1)
  • Bo (Bad Boys of Retribution MC #3)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Masquerade Series, #2)
  • Lex (Unconventional Hearts #1)
  • Resurrecting Phoenix
  • Vengeance is Mine
  • Saving Liam (Saving Liam, #1)
  • From Lies to Promises
  • Love on a Summer Night (Pine Harbour #4)
  • Steel & Ice (L & J, #1)
  • A Change of View (Northern Lights, #2)
  • Saving Alexander
When I walk into a book store I feel at home. When I smell the pages of a brand new book things make sense. When I read I am who I always wanted to be. I read to escape and I write so others can as well. My family, my actress dog Bella, coffee, and a steamy love story are a few of my most precious things. Keep up to date with future releases: https://shanavanterpool.com

Guns & Ink (2 books)
  • Hard Love (Guns & Ink, #2)