Start by marking “Filthy (Damaged #2)” as Want to Read:
Filthy (Damaged #2)

Filthy

(Damaged #2)

Fractured. Unwanted. Filthy.

I'm only good for sex. That’s what I've been trained for my whole life. I'm a puppet. I only know how to be your perfect fantasy. It’s the only life I’ve ever known … until him.

I’ve been replaced, discarded like trash. Beaten, damaged, treated like an animal, I’m forced to leave the only home I’ve ever known.

With a warped perception of wha
Published July 26th 2017 by MA Horst (first published December 5th 2015)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

FILTHY: is the second book in Michelle Horst’s (Damaged Romance) series and is spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ This is Adams and Sophia’s story.

I for one am so glad we get to read ex marine Adam’s POV!! I dived into this as soon as it was boomeranged onto my kindle and didn’t put it down until I’d inhaled that last page.

PAST: In the ’Prologue’ we’re introduced to a nineteen year old Sophia, Sophia’s mother died giving birth to Sophia so Sophia was raised by other slaves until she became of
Amanda
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-netgalley
This book suffered from too much repetition, especially if you have already read Book 1, Saved by Her. But if you are reading this as standalone, there will be a lot of missing pieces. So either way, is bad for a reader.

We were being told all over again about how did Adam and River went into the underground sex slave site to saved both Jack and Sophia. Which make me skim most of this part.

When they went back to the sanctuary where River keep the slaves she saved, we get see how Sophia learn to c
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was previously published as Saved by Him. It's been newly published with new scenes, new cover and new editing. It's a standalone however I personally recommend you read Dirty first as these books are so good.

Filthy is Sophia and Adams story. We met them in Dirty and I'm so happy to read their story. Adam has rescued Sophia from a life as a slave. He hopes she can lead a normal life. Unfortunately Sophia's idea of normal isn't the same as Adams. Can he help her?

Really great read. I'm looki
Carla Bulian
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Livro com uma escrita fluida, mostrando sentimentos à flor da pele. Não mostra de maneira crua os acontecimentos como pensei que seria, mas muito bom.
Vale a leitura.
Beth
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Baby Steps Stars

Warning: This is a companion novel to Saved by Her. The same time frame but from a different POV. You could read it as a stand alone, but I think it makes more sense to read Saved by Her first.

Warning #2: Graphic bad stuff

Sophia knows no life other than being a slave. Being beaten, abused, and degraded daily. She can't see that ending because she can't see the beginning. It is just the only life she knows.

Adam and River are dedicated to stopping the sex trade. They take risks.
Bloggers From Down Under
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

Meet Sophia.

All she has ever known in her life is to submit.
To give pleasure to others, no matter the consequence, even if it means taking her soul.
Failing isn’t an option, because the punishments are too great.
So all she can do is live each day the same, with no love, no hope, no faith just so she keeps them happy.
Her body will never be her own, it will always belong to them, the monsters that lurk the corridors of the house.
She will never be f
Steph's Romance Book Talk
What the HELL just happened??? I am a little confused right now with what I just read. SO this book is the second book in a duet about two sex slaves that are saved by two do-gooders. This story follows Sophia and Adam whom you met in Dirty (book #1); however, you get the backstory of Sophia and Adam in this book. I liked that aspect of this novella; however, I did feel a bit robbed by the abrupt ending and the fact that it ended at 65% on my kindle.....I was finally getting dragged into the sto ...more
Kim BookJunkie
A 5-star favorite!

My only complaint about this sequel is the repetitiveness. Unfortunately, Ms. Horst decided to take discussions from the first book and quote them verbatim. Having just read the first book days prior, it was a bit redundant to say the least. Despite that, this book was absolutely mesmerizing! I even shed a few tears at the unexpected ending; more happens in this book that we didn't get to see from Jack's point of view. Horst is a fantastic storyteller, really bringing the char
Mimiorphee
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2017
Filthy is the second book in the Damaged Romance duet, although you can choose to read it as a standalone. This installment focuses on Sophia and Adam's story. Being in their heads was an intense experience since Sophia's past is really cruel and sad and Adam has his demons, as well.
After being set free from slavery, Sophia is overwhelmed, not knowing what freedom even means, she can't wrap her mind around this concept. She feels alone, rejected, has no goal anymore, after all, she was condition
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

Synopsis:
Sophia

I'm only good for sex.
That’s what I've been trained for my whole life.
I'm a puppet.
I only know how to be your perfect fantasy.
It’s the only life I’ve ever known.
…until him.

Adam

I protect.
That’s all I know.
I’m the best at my job.
Life is fucked up, that's my reality.
…until her.

Review:
It's hard to find a book that grabs you from page one and holds you hostage to the end but Michelle Horst did just that.

Sophia knows only the life of a sex slave.
Adam w
Jess~Two Darlin' Dolls & a Book Review
Filthy by Michelle Horst is a story that doesn't give up and beat the odds.

If you were born and raised in filth is it possible to come clean. This is the filthy world Sophia has been born in to. Robbed of free will of her mind and body. She robotically does what she is told just to have a chance to breathe another day. Day in and out she feels a guiltless of being helpless. One of the things I adored about Sophia was that she wanted to make it through but not at the cost of stepping on others i
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Cranky Stars

I've read this book in its early inception when it was titled Saved by Him and I loved it then and liked it even more with all the extras.

As a child born into sexual slavery she has seen and done some of the most vile things. She's trying to make sense of her new world and as the saying goes old habits die hard.Sophia is trying to cope with life now that she isn't a slave. She will do anything to stay relevant and alive and becomes quickly enamored by her savior Adam.

Adams life
Mandy Desay
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Filthy is Adam & Sophie's story. The 2nd book in the Damaged Romance Duet. Both characters appear in book 1. I would recommend reading the first book first but it's not necessarily needed.

Sophie's life as a Sex Slave is humiliating, degrading and very raw. She knows nothing of the delicate and loving touch of a man until Adam. Never Truly believing she deserves love and happiness, Adam sets out to show her that after all she's been through that is all she deserves in life.

While I really en
Jamie C
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and it was so heart wrenching to me to think that there are actually things like this going on in the world today.

The struggle of the h was very well written in my opinion and the H was also amazing with the way he handled the h.

Overall I think this book was not only good for the romance aspect, but in raising awareness of human trafficking in today's society.
Tongan Book Lover
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
---> Advanced Review Copy Provided by Author <---

Reviewed by: Ofa
Blog: Tongan Book Lover
Rating: 4 Stars

This book has triggers. It's raw, it's dark, it's emotional, it's filthy.

Previously published as Saved By Him, this book has new scenes, new edits and hotter sex!

I won't go into detail about the story but it's addictive. The writing is phenomenal and the execution perfect. I loved the development of the story as well as the characters. I enjoyed it so much and I definitely wouldn't mind
Tina Morgan
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This book had my emotions out of control!! I was mad then sad then absolutely rage filled me then I was heartbroken then I was happy. Then I would go through these emotions all over again!! This is a dark read just FYI. I don't want to give anymore than that away from this book than that. It would be in your best interest to read Dirty first but not completely necessary. But if you like books like this then I definitely recommend this book.
Ruby
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5-Addicting Stars
An ARC review by Our Bookstars Blog

There is nothing better than seeing an new book on your kindle. I was excited to get started. To say that I was a bit surprise by the beginning of this book. Its dark. Its a bit demented, but it keeps you addicted! We are thrust into the lives of sex slaves. Each brutal day they exist only to do as they are told. They are stripped of everything. Their family, their confidence, their entire existence is gone. Replace with a name and rules to fol
Deb Carroll
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very different than I thought it would be, and I love being surprised!

It is very dark and it certainly touches on a subject that with just 2 words will terrify you, Sex Slavery.

The book starts with a prologue that is so heartbreaking that I was already in tears before the end of the second paragraph.

We see Jack at 8 years old watching his mother die, and promising her that he will look after his brother David. After his mother dies, he witnesses her being burned and his thoughts jus
Jan
Dark with the shock factor brilliance yet again Michelle Horst

This is Sophia and Adams story.

Sophia was rescued along with Jack, both held as sex slaves in a mansion, it's the only life they knew, lived and breathed it

No eye contact
kneal before the master
speak when spoken to
Never ask questions
Perform whatever sexual acts your told to
Your job is to please the master or be killed.

So how does one survive when all you know is taken away?

You reinvent yourself, you learn new ways, new feelings, new
K.A. Graham
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Michelle Horst has a way with causing an emotional torture on my heart and soul, yet repairs it with her beautiful stories of hope, love and survival. That’s what this series is all about, and I’m in love with it and The Sanctuary, where it all happens. We got River and Jack’s story in book 1, now it’s Adam and Sophia’s turn.

Sophia gutted me in a way I can’t quite explain. She’s obviously been through hell, yet she’s still this innocent girl who just wants the chance to live and love. In steps
Jeanette Book-Reviews
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 5-star
*****5 AMAZING STARS*****

*ARC kindly provided by this Author for an honest review*

I personally say that you should read the first one in the Monster Series as it gives you an insight of the whole foundation even though its based on Jack & River. As we know River & Adam rescued Jack & Sophia.
And in this one its based on Adam & Sophia... OMFG I was freaking made up when this one hit my kindle and was dying to read!! Life sadly got in the way LOL

It's dark, gritty, raw and emotional
Aubrie Brown
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Saved By Him. After reading Saved by Her I knew I had to get my hands on this. And I'm so glad I did. This book was full of so much emotion, pain and eventually love. And I fell in love with everything about it.

Sophia and Adam. Both who have been through more than one person can handle. Saved by Him is about their journey as individuals and a couple. How they find their strength in each other and the love they thought they never deserved. All they had dealt with led them to let go of their past
ItaPixie
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars

After I've finished the first book of this series I was so curious about Sophia and Adam's story and I've really enjoyed this book.
The main characters' story is so beautiful and heartwarming even if it isn't easy they find the courage to fall in love leaving their pasts behind them and making new memories.

Copy kindly provided by the Publisher/Author.

April Symes
Filthy by Michelle Horst is book 2 in the series and it is a definite dark romance. Emphasis dark--This book is Sophia's story, we met her in book 1 (Dirty) where she was rescued by River and Adam alongside Jack(Dirty). I would recommend reading book 1 to fully understand book 2.
Sophie's life started out pretty horrible... She was a Sex Slave and it wasn’t the pretty sex slave that you are imagining. Her life was humiliating, degrading and oh so brutal. She never knew love or anything gentle unt
Clare
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great follow up to Dirty the first book in this series.

This is Adam and Sophia's story.

This book is very dark with a few scenes of torture and rape so be aware it's not an easy storyline to read about but it is so well written by Michelle Horst that you can't look away and stop yourself from reading about all the depravity that Sophia goes through and her journey of self discovery.

Sophia was born into slavery and doesnt know any other kind of life but trying to please her Masters. H
Jan
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Used, Abused, Mistreated, Sophia was born a slave, became a sex slave and her story is emotioal, raw, dark and freeing at the same time.

Filthy is the second book in the Damaged duet the first book being Jacks story in Filthy.

Jack and Sophia were both sex slaves, don't look at the master, do as the master says, no free will, there life as sex slaves are all they know until River and Adam pose as a couple at one of the mansions parties and save them.

Sophia becomes close to Adam who teaches her
Nancy Reads
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
FILTHY is a stand alone Damaged Romance Book Duet #2. It is a companion book to DIRTY, a Damaged Romance Duet #1. The characters appear in both books. This new book is Adam & Sophia's story and told from their point of view. Previously released as SAVED BY HIM, but new cover, new scenes, plus new editing. Child molesting & abuse are really hard triggers for me, and again as in DIRTY, must admit that I am not the best person to try to review this book. There is sex slaves and brutality.

So
Susan
Loved this Duet!!

This story broke my heart. But it was beautiful too because of the connection between the characters.
I just loved Adams and Sophias story.

Sophia was rescued along with Jack from the sex trade industry where she was kept as a slave and made to do despicable things in order to survive.

Adam has had a rough time too, his past haunts him. He too is damaged in a way that can never really be fixed.
So rescuing the slaves and giving them a new start in life makes him feel better abo
Jeanette Book-Reviews
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 5-star
*****5 AMAZING STARS*****

Wow!!!..... I've already read the old version (Saved by Him) but I swear down I absolutely LOVE this one as it's just way better!

I highly recommend that you should read the first book - Dirty before reading this one, but having saying that its not necessary that you have to as this one is based on a different couple Adam & Sophia where in the first book is based on Jack & River. But to get the core of how it all began then I would say read Dirty lol

OMFG I was fre
Sheena
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Addictive, challenging and emotional..,,

I read this dark romance last year in an earlier format and loved it then….the rework of this story has created an absolutely enthralling and emotionally charged read…. Sophia is a slave…it is the only life she has ever known but then fate steps up, in the shape of Adam and she is given not only her freedom but also the opportunity to experience love….

Sophia and Adam take it in turns to narrate their stories…. Sophia has encountered the worst kinds of hum
  • Ballistic (Vigilantes, #3)
  • Crushing Misery
  • To Have and to Hold
  • Fool For Love (Believe, #2)
  • Chained (Caged, #2)
  • Tied (Voyeur, #2)
  • With Ties That Bind (With Ties That Bind: Broken Bonds #1)
  • Bite Me, Daddy
  • Freed by Him (Fighting Free, #1)
  • Feather (Gilded Cage, #0.5)
  • The Darkest Frost, Vol. 2 (The Darkest Frost, #2)
  • Stockholm
  • Pakhan's Salvation (Pakhan #2) (Bratva & Cosa Nostra, #2)
  • Dirty (Bad. Dirty. Power. #2)
  • Sergio (Benedetti Brothers #3)
  • When Nothing Is All You've Got
  • Honor Bound (The Estate, #3)
  • Gaige (Captive to the Dark, #3)
Please find me under my new profile Michelle Heard.

This profile is no longer being used.

Michelle Heard is a Bestselling Romance Author who loves creating stories her readers can get lost in. She loves an alpha hero who is not afraid to fight for his woman.

Want to be up to date with what’s happening in Michelle’s world? Sign up to receive the latest news on her alpha hero releases, sales, and great

Damaged (2 books)
  • Saved by Her (Monster, #1)