Start by marking “Llewellyn's 2018 Witches' Companion: An Almanac for Contemporary Living” as Want to Read:
Llewellyn's 2018 Witches' Companion: An Almanac for Contemporary Living

Llewellyn's 2018 Witches' Companion: An Almanac for Contemporary Living

(Llewellyn's Witches' Companion)

Live your Craft every day with Llewellyn's Witches' Companion. This indispensable guide will keep you one step ahead of the latest witchy trends, Craft practices, and Pagan issues. ...more
Published July 8th 2017 by Llewellyn Publications

To ask other readers questions about Llewellyn's 2018 Witches' Companion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Llewellyn's 2018 Witches' Companion

Start your review of Llewellyn's 2018 Witches' Companion: An Almanac for Contemporary Living
Cara
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is an article in this book about cultural appropriation that I was particularly interested in. Imagine my disappointment when the author, rather than taking the opportunity to discuss the issue, mostly demurs about how she’s being respectful, therefor the appropriation is okay. In addition, the author seems to have a very flimsy grasp on what cultural appropriation is and how it works.

Cultural appropriation is a neutral term that describes the taking of important aspects of one culture, re
Cynthia
May 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There were certainly some good articles here, but none so profound as to cancel out a few really bad ones. The piece on cultural appropriation in particular read more like a rant on a subject the author didn’t take the time to properly research. A guide to clean eating came off as borderline orthorexic. A few more were so laden with New Age buzzwords that they were hard to follow.

While this wasn’t without some virtue of usefulness and entertainment, either the quality of Llewellyn annuals is go
Adrian Brown
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pagan
The subtitle for this book is, "An Almanac for Contemporary Living," but I think it should be, "Various Conversations with Modern Practitioners About Modern Issues."

I am at a special place in my spiritual journey and have been reading almost everything about modern witchery that I can get my hands on. I was excited in the bookstore as I read the table of contents and saw articles about cultural appropriation, embracing the dark side, bug totems, color and crystal magic, and more. Unfortunately,
milou  ☕️
There was a lot of useful information in here and I adored all the little drawings
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Only really enjoyed a couple essays. Most were very strange or very, very Wicca centered. I wish there were more secular witchcraft essays included.
Dominika
This is more of a periodical, with more long-form articles about a wide range of topics from more beginner friendly or crafting items, to more witchy history, to other practices. I generally found a lot of them to have good ideas but felt a little underwhelmed by some of the articles (the pagan mourning and color magic ones particularly). There were a few (the beginner one and the one on cultural appropriation) where it is a good place to lead people to (or give words when you see other people a ...more
Alia Makki
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And then, when I thought that I could not be more beaten raw to my barest elements with hard knowledge, this books passes under my readership to console the sores and soften the hard edges.

Like a balm, "Here you go, missus; something to fortify your faith in the Unknown and heal what dents your brain has had to endure in order to fit the hard things in life."
WiccanLady25
Fantastic resource book for Wiccans. I highly recommend this to anyone who practices.
Rachel
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly enjoyable
Michael D Fochtman
Another wonderful edition of essays about the craft. My only regret, that I am unable (at this time) to purchase the 2019 edition. :)
Jess
Jun 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference, witchcraft
It's fine. ...more
Rachel
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't super into the essays this year ...more
BoozyBookworm
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Good Companion

This book has a lot of good articles, ideas and opinions. It offers insight from various sources and writers and gives a unique viewpoint on relevant topics.
MsFantastico
Apr 09, 2019
Nyx
Jul 21, 2018
deanna cabrera
rated it did not like it
Oct 29, 2017
Apr 07, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner
  • Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft
  • The Modern Guide to Witchcraft: Your Complete Guide to Witches, Covens, and Spells
  • Waking the Witch: Reflections on Women, Magic, and Power
  • Vision Quest: A Personal Journey Through Magic and Shamanism
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs (Llewellyn's Sourcebook Series)
  • Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner
  • Practical Pagan: Common Sense Guidelines for Modern Practitioners
  • Wiccapedia: A Modern-Day White Witch's Guide
  • Moon Spells: How to Use the Phases of the Moon to Get What You Want
  • Fatal Light
  • The Chosen (Reuven Malther #1)
  • Stalling for Time: My Life as an FBI Hostage Negotiator
  • Llewellyn's 2018 Herbal Almanac: Gardening, Cooking, Health, Crafts, Myth & Lore
Llewellyn George started his publishing company in Portland, Oregon in 1901, concentrating Astrological books and annuals. In 1961, Carl L. Weschcke of St. Paul, Minnesota purchased the company and relocated it to the Midwest.

Llewellyn is the world’s oldest and largest independent publisher of books for body, mind, and spirit.

Llewellyn's Witches' Companion (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Llewellyn's 2008 Witches' Companion: An Almanac for Everyday Living