Start by marking “His Girl” as Want to Read:
His Girl

His Girl

(The HIS Collection #5)

Hawk Larson left small-town Indiana to become one of the most famous quarterbacks on the planet, throwing winning passes for the Bears and living the dream. Life looked picture-perfect from the outside, but after five years, he still can't shake the memory of the one thing he left behind...the girl who owned his heart and crushed it one fateful night.

After an injury benche
Published June 11th 2017

To ask other readers questions about His Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Girl

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
His Girl is book five in The His Collection. Each book in this collection is by a different author and this one is by another new to me author, Aria Cole. I loved this one. It is a second chance romance and the daddy/baby girl scenario is down played a bit which was fine.

Hawk Larson and Morgan Quinn had been high school sweethearts. They were each other’s first loves and had planned on being together forever. Morgan knew that Hawk’s dream was to be a professional football player and he definite
Bookloverme
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

It's a nice story. I already knew it's about a secret baby. Usually, it doesn't bother me but (view spoiler)

The story is about Hawk and Morgan.

They had grown up together and had a happy relationship until she broke up with him and let him go because she thought she's not enough for him. S
♡Tonya♡
Secret baby....

A short and hot read. I love a secret baby story- if the heroine tries to inform the dad. Unfortunately, that was not the case. She made a decision that impacted Hawk, without giving him the chance to decide. Not a fan of that at all.

-no cheating
-no ow/om drama whatsoever
-pushing away - see above
-steamy sex scenes - bordering on hate sex because she hurt him so badly
-just ok epilogue - 1 year out
Katerina
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Typical story of girl letting guy go by breaking his heart so he could become an NFL star. H walked w/o fighting.
2nd chance - 5 years celibate for them both.
She had a secret daughter belonging to him.
Daddy kink curveball threw me a little. I don't enjoy it unless it's actually appropriate with an older hero perhaps. I don't think I've every read mummy kink *shudders in disgust*
They had sex annoyingly fast once he returned to Indiana for good because of a shoulder injury. Little to no resistance
C
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: totally-safe
4/5
Hot fast safe read

-second chance story
-both celibate during separation (5years)
-secret baby ( she didn't want to hold back his NFL dream)
-Daddy/ baby girl themed
-no ow Drama
-a bit of what I would classify as "hate sex" the first time getting together....but it's light and still sweet and sexy. ( that's just my thoughts)
-OTT alpha male
-HEA with epilogue

A must read!
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
So it seems I was right, this book is about daddy kink/play. Nothing wrong if readers like this sort of trope but it's NOT for me.
so apparently all the books in this collection are daddy kink.
It's a shame since they were both celibate.
Jenny
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: steamy
Not bad, short and steamy. Safe.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Not the most mature story but it's good for a short smutty read if you have an hour or two to kill.
Talltree
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!
Janie
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
I am so not down with the h keeping the secret she did because she knows what's better for everyone. Nope!!
Kiki
Anyone apart from my brothers calling me babygirl would lose an appendage!
I also don't have any brothers!
Rejane
Jun 08, 2018 marked it as no-way-jose
I hate weak, pathetic heroines but the asshole bitch ones are as hateful for me. The know it all martyr ones are detestable. Don’t hide a kid from their daddy. That’s disgusting
Marissa
Jun 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
very disappointed with this book.
Normally i dont mind secret baby's but this one just felt wrong.
even after he asked the question if the baby was his, she felt like he didnt deserve an answer?
What the fuck? You broke up with him and he wasn't going to write letter or to stay when you told him to leave!! I just cant get over how she still felt like she was in the right keeping his daughter from him.
Urgh! its pathetic.
Heather C
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
So, this is my first Aria Cole book and I'm sure it won't be my last. I've been told that I need to get on the Aria Cole bandwagon so I decided to jump on and see what happens. I'm happy to say that I did enjoy His Girl and I'm excited to read more from Aria.

Hawk and Morgan grew up together. High school/college lovers and all that jazz. When Hawk leaves to join the NFL, he leaves behind the one woman that ever held his heart. Which she crushed, by the way. She said she didn't want to be with him
April Symes

I love this novella by Aria Cole. It’s a great story about how lovers find their way back to each other –a 2nd chance love story. Its steamy, erotic, hot and dirty.
Hawk is a football player who ends up having to retire early due to an injury. Now he is going home. This is the place he last saw the only woman he ever loved and he left home with a broken heart.
Morgan is a single parent and she can barely make a living. She works as a waitress to support her and her child.
Hawk returns to town and
Jan
A hot,short second chance and secret baby romance

I liked it. Hawk and Morgan were teenage first loves and thought it would be forever until Hawk hit stardom in Pro ball.

Morgan not wanting to hold Hawk back leaves him by returning home with her secret breaking both their hearts.

Hawk returns to his home town years later following retirement and bumps into Morgan, he still loves her but hates her for leaving him until he discovers her secret.

A quick, hot, enjoyable sexy read told in dual pov's
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fetish
I really do hate the secret baby trope. I can't stand it!
Morgan is the typically character and the reason I hate these kinds of books. She broke up with him and kept the baby a secret because she thought she knew what was best for everyone.
Oh please, don't play the martyr anymore Morgan.
Even after Hawk confronts her about the girl being his daughter, I don't remember her even telling him the truth and actually telling him that she was his. She at first felt he didn't deserve to know because he
Janice Somers
This is really great story lovers finding their back to each other. This hot sexy and dirty.
Hawk if forced into retirement from being a football quarterback due to an injury. Now he is going home. When left 5 years earlier he left with a broken heart.
Morgan is a single parent and she is just barely making it. She works as a waitress.
Morgan and Emerson are playing in the park when she sees a dog and runs over to see it. Morgan looks up at the owner and sees Hawk.
Hawk who she has kept a secret f
Shannon

I love a second chance romance and this had all the makings of a good one, and was on its way to being my favorite of Aria Cole's quick, smutty little reads that I've read. But then the whole "daddy" thing came into play and it just threw me off. I don't mind if that word is used once between a couple, in a funny silly way, and you know they are just playing around, but sadly that's not how it was used here and I just couldn't work with it.

***Borrowed through KU.
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

This is probably one of my favorite books that I have read by Aria Cole!!! I loved the premise of the story, I loved what these character shared, and I loved how they made me feel it all!!!! This was a quick, well written, and satisfying read that I loved so much!!! I can't wait to read more of this authors books soon! I can't get enough of them!
Elizabeth Neal
**3.5 Stars**

Five years ago, Morgan did what she had to. Yes, it broke her heart, and made Hawk hate her, but he needed to follow his dream and play for the NFL. When he arrives back in town unexpectedly, Morgan can't help but remember all the things they'd shared, notice how good he looks, and that his impact on her is still just as potent. The hate in his eyes hurts though. She's always loved him and that's why she let him go, but a piece of him has always been with her, their four-year-old da
Darlene I read to many boooks
Neringa Neringiukas
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
It's pretty ok story. But it could have been great if not for h. After Hawks return she acted as if he owned her something, like he left her behind without looking back, and she hasn't a part in it. I don't like, when h or H didn't acknowledge his/her own part in separation. Morgan was the one who pushed him away. Yes, maybe Hawk needed to fight more for her and not to give up so easily, but since we aren't given any glimpse in the past, its unsure how 'that' discussion gone. But one fact stays, ...more
MillsyLovesBooks
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
His Girl, by Aria Cole is the fourth book of the His Collection that i have read they are all standalone short hot steamy reads. Out of the reads so far this one had a sweet feel to it as well it wasn't just, i've seen her, i want her, she's mine. This was second chance romance you wouldn't think that it could work as such short read but it did Aria made it work.

Hawk and Morgan were always meant to be but in life our lines are not always straight there's often bumps in the road to our HEA that d
Crimson Syn
“I never stopped loving you, Morgan. Not a day went by that I didn’t love you.”
His words sucked the air from the room.
My vision darkened, my muscles weak before his hands were at my hips and me against him.

Hawk Larson and Morgan Quinn yearn for each other even after all the years that have past. Hawk has never forgotten his first love, and Morgan can’t help but give into his advances. But Morgan hides a secret that may break Hawk’s heart, for the second time since they met. Their chemistry is
Tamara
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Too many problems with the heroine for me to enjoy the book.

The heroine in this book made me so angry that I couldn't enjoy the book. How can you break up with your boyfriend, keeping from him that you're pregnant with his child, and then be angry with him for leaving?! And then get mad at him when he comes home and finds you and his child... How dare he come home!?! And to top it all off, he dares to forgive you right away, and says he wants to help you and be a real father to his child.
I HATE
melanie
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book ?? It was awesome I loved the characters and the way they loved each other. The chemistry between them was awesome. You could just feel the love they had for each other and I so wanted them to get their Happily Ever After. Ms Cole is always an Author that will leave you Breathless and wanting more. Cannot wait for her next story.
Harim (The Reader Blog)
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC has landed!

So basically

-Second chance
-Unexpected circumstances
-Missed chances

All of this.. Aria Cole style. And it's instant bonding back together. You don't have to see them suffer long phewh!
Shannon
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
I really dislike it in books when the female decides to keep a child a secret because they think they're doing it in the best interest of the father who has a promising sports career ahead of them, and don't want to hold them back. NOPE!
Lori
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Soldier's Baby Bargain (Home To Harbor Town, #5)
  • G.I. BABY
  • The Girl Across the Hall
  • Taken by the Earl (Regency Unlaced, #3)
  • Christmas Wishes, Valentine Kisses
  • The Bad Boys Of Capitol Hill
  • Billionaires and Baby Rattles
  • Leashing the Virgin: A Bad Boy Romance
  • The Wedding
  • No Way Out: Kari (Trek Mi Q'an, #8)
  • His Forbidden Bride: 50 Loving States, West Virginia
  • Captured by the Bodyguard
  • Baby Wanted (A Bundle of Joy)
  • Plowed (Blue Collar Bad Boys, #7)
  • Sinful Intent
  • Primal Quest (Primal Attractions, #1)
Aria Cole is the pen name of USA Today bestselling author Adriane Leigh. A fan of traditional tropes and old school Harlequin romances, Aria Cole novellas feature possessive alpha men and the sassy heroines who love them, along with a healthy dose of irresistible insta-love and happily ever afters so sweet I promise your teeth will ache.

For a safe, off-the-charts HOT, and always HEA story that do

The HIS Collection (6 books)
  • HIS Everything