Start by marking “Touch of Fire (Into the Darkness #1)” as Want to Read:
Touch of Fire (Into the Darkness #1)

Touch of Fire

(Into the Darkness #1)

Mari Elwood is part of a Fae family who is tasked with keeping peace among the various magical creatures in their area, while maintaining secrecy from the humans they co-exist with. Mari has had years of practice identifying individuals’ innocence or guilt where their laws are concerned, as she is one of the few truly powerful empaths remaining in her family. Mari is worki ...more
Kindle Edition, 2074 pages
Published June 10th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Touch of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch of Fire

Teri
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I actually am on the fence about this book. I love the concept and the characters and this author is talented enough to pull it off well. The problem is I have no idea what's going on. I mean their are some strange things happening and causing lots of problems for her and her family. There is plenty of action and it keeps you turning pages because this author is that good. However even after reading the book and the free prequel I am not sure where this story is going and why. The crazy thing is ...more
Joyffree
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Waters kept me on edge and intrigued throughout this story
The world building was detailed and intricate - the characters were complex and I wanted more
There is so much she can do with this series and the paranormal characters and the universe in which she has created is abound with endless possibilities - I can not wait to see which direction she goes
When it ended on a cliffhanger it took everything I had not to toss my Kindle
That being said - A loss of a star because:
I felt at the end Waters ki
Carole
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faeries
This story has everything in it, from Fae to dragons , intrigue plus steaminess that doesn't stop.
Mari is a fae who happens to be an empath. Her family keeps rogue creatures inline.
Riley and Blake were introduced to us in the prequel Touch of Power. Riley is an Ice Dragon while Blake is a Fire Dragon. Kali who happens to be Mari's aunt has taken Blake's power under her control along with a variety of other creatures, now also including Rena- Mari's little sister.
Reading about the bond between Bl
Ashley Leonard
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is the first book in this series and is about Mari an empath and Blake, a dragon.
Mari is an empath and she has dreams of a man, who ends up being Blake. Mari helps police many creatures and the book starts with her at the council about a tiger. Mari has 5 brothers and a sister Rena.
Mari's Aunt Kali is thought to be dead - but she is actually capturing creatures such as Blake and draining them of their power. Kali kidnaps Mari's little sister Rena and Mari and her brothers start to track her
Bunny
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great indepth story with interesting and entertaining characters, the story is filled with complicated romance, mystery and action. It is a great story but what a cliffhanger, now I don't just want to read the next book I have too, I just hope it gets released relatively quickly the main characters are an empathic fae, her family and a couple of dragon shifters, if you enjoy a supernatural romance with a lot of suspense and hidden agenda then this is definitely the book for you.

I received a copy
Keoki Ki`Ili
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Next chapter

This picks up after the prequel with our heroine having erotic but dangerous dreams. There is more clues of Kali's history in this chapter. The book feels like part of a serial only you're not told this is a serial story. We see more of Riley's character in this chapter and that's pretty much it.
Rajan
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a paranormal book which is a rage these days. Mari Elwood family is peacekeeper. She has gift of empathy. Then her dreams become almost real and takes over her life. How will she deal with it.

The book has an interesting premise and entertains. 3/ 5 stars.
Shannon Zak
Aingred D. Coleman
Jun 26, 2017
Joan Hockabout
Jun 30, 2017
Jasmine grew up in Seattle, the most beautiful city in the pacific northwest. She lives with her two Husky fur babies in the heart of downtown. When she’s not indulging in a glass of wine while writing by the fireplace, she enjoys hiking her favorite trail at Tiger Mountain.

She can also regularly be found plotting her next adventure while sipping a hazelnut white chocolate mocha at Starbucks.

-----

Into the Darkness (2 books)
  • Touch of Power (Into the Darkness, #0.5)