Start by marking “Tangled in Time (Miss Main Street #1)” as Want to Read:
Tangled in Time (Miss Main Street #1)

Tangled in Time

(Miss Main Street #1)

Clean slice-of-life women's fiction with a romantic thread and Christian elements
Every small town has its secrets. Darcy’s have been locked up inside her since that last summer when she left Wimber, Texas, and the boy she loved, for a glitzy life in Los Angeles.
Seven years later, her gran’s passed away. Darcy’s been named as the sole owner of the Tangled in Time antique
Published July 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Tangled in Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tangled in Time

Lyn
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have never read an Angela Castillo book before and was pleasantly surprised. So many of these books that have the young woman moving away from the big city to the small town of her family are cookie-cutter. This book was not. The heroine was believable and fresh as was her hero. The small town of Wimber, TX also developed as a distinct "personality" and the many other shop owners were varied and quirky but again believable. I enjoyed the "villainess", the nosey Vera and the plot of the hidden ...more
Heidi Sturgess
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2017
I received this book from Story Cartel in exchange for an honest review.

Loved the cover art , it has a quaint nostalgic feel and what follows between the pages is much the same 💟

Darcy used to visit her Gran in Wimber and help at her antique store " Tangled in Time" it's written on such a way that I could smell and feel the goods in store , must be the old soul in me that identified 💟

So other than memories made with Gran , there were bittérsweet memories made with Ramsey.

Sadly Gran passes away a
Goth Gone Grey
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, romance
Sweet small town romance

This feels - in a good way - like a made for TV chick flick. Girls returns to her hometown after living in a big city, finds how much she missed it and her first love.

The main character is decently crafted, and most of the secondary characters are OK, too. The villain is almost cartoonish in their ploy to undermine the lead character.

Decent sweet romance with no overt sexual scenes, HEA with promise of a sequel, yet no cliffhanger. A pleasant enough diversion for as lon
Felicity
light flowery and not very original. Nothing horrendous and if life is getting you down this is a nice little read. Unfortunately it is very predictable
Julie Barrett
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tangled in Time, (Miss Main Street Book 1) by Angela Castillo
This book starts with Darcy as she arrived from LA after being notified she's her grandmothers beneficiary of her shop and everything in TX.
Kaley owned the bakery next door and was great friends with her gran. Darcy will take over where her gran left off and not sell it she'll run it herself.
She's not in a good space with her boyfriend, Jared in LA and he dictates where they go, what she will wear, etc. She's had it with him and prays
M.E. Hembroff
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a Story Cartel Book that I received for free in exchange for a review.
Darcy has inherited her Grans antique store called Tangled in Time in the small town of Wimber, Texas. She had a rough day with delayed flights and then problems with obtaining her rental car. Finally, she reaches her destination but feels hesitant about going in. She meets the owner of the cafe next door and likes her right off. Darcy has left her old life behind which includes her boyfriend. Her boyfriend keeps texti
Shara Bueler-Repka
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of “Tangled in Time” by Story Cartel in exchange for an honest review.

Great, relaxing read before clicking off the light and calling it a day … unless, of course, I started reading the part of the story where Darcy’s dad and ex-boyfriend show up, or Darcy finds the skeleton key and finally unlocks the antique door to the secret room—then I couldn’t put the book down and stayed up way later than I should have!

I enjoyed getting to know all the characters and felt they were well
Pam
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Secondhand Secrets: Miss Main Street Book 1 is by Angela Castillo. It is a fun book to read and one I recommend.
Darcy has returned to Wimber, Texas where she had spent summers with her Aunt. Aunt Jane has left her shop, Tangled in Time, to her. Darcy has decided to run the antique store and bring it back to life. Her Mother is disappointed with her as usual. This book deals with second chances and new beginnings. It is a good book to pass the time with and it is predictable so you aren’t she wi
Abigayle Claire
Not going to start with a description of the book--you can read that above. I felt like the beginning was a little slow, but it did fit the small-town intro and set up some intrigue for all the little discoveries and twists further down the road. The story really picked up for me once Darcy actually opened her shop. As some others said, it didn't really strike me as a mystery ... there was a discovery, but the whole book builds up when/how it will be discovered. So the main mystery is what's the ...more
Laura Reading
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This cozy little novel reads like a warm hug feels. With all the charm of a small town and the requisite gossipy neighbors, for the most part the residents of Wimber all care about each other and are willing to help. Each one's success benefits all.
However some people are not happy unless others do as they feel is best for them and try to manipulate them to their way of thinking. Whose family doesn't have some dysfinction?
Since Darcy was a little girl she was curious about the door, is it a clo
Kim Snyder
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story!

To be honest this wouldn't of been a story I would pick out to read myself. I have been chatting with the writer and because I was having such a issue being able to use the Kindle app, she was sweet enough to suggest this story to read instead. I am glad that I did!
The story was based in a small town in TX. A young lady grandma passed away and she inherited her shop A Tangled in Time. The story is all about how she takes over the shop, meets her best friend Ramsey. Her parents do
Robyn Gaye-Murphy
Secondhand Secrets (Miss Main St Book 1) by Angela Castillo
Darcy grew up spending childhood holidays with her grandma in Wimber, where Gran had Tangled In Time a secondhand shop which housed treasures of every shape and size. Ramsey was her childhood partner in fun and adventures, always ready to take up their friendship where it had left off last holiday. Well she was back again, but sadly to take over ownership of Tangled In Time after Gran’s death. Darcy is determined to make Gran’s store a
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute clean romance with an Christian elements.

Darcy is a lovely heroine . She is someone the reader who will want to be friends with. She is mourning the death of her grandmother,dealing with an annoying ex and new love and a scheming competitor.Darcy is a strong woman and her relationship with her childhood Ramsey is adorable.

The secondary characters are fairly well defined and even those that seem a two dimensional remind me of people I personally know.
The small town feel permeates the whole
Leta McCurry
This is a short and sweet little romance about a small town girl who escapes to Los Angeles for seven years, and then returns to a small Texas town when she inherits her grandmother’s antique store. Of course, there is the hunky, lovable teenage crush she left behind, a town full of quirky characters, a slimy ex-boyfriend from LA, an insensitive father, and a villainess, all wrapped in in a “soft” mystery. The Christian theme is there but it doesn’t hit you over the head. I would have given it 4 ...more
Kim Cabanting
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secondhand Secrets is a cozy, clean romance, which is hard to come by these days. I loved the characters...especially Darcy and Ramsey...and all the shop owners, each with their own quirky personalities. This story is the ultimate escape fiction. I could come home after a busy day and lose myself in the quaint town of Wimber. Although it moved along at a slow pace, the author added enough intrigue to make we want to keep reading and find out what would happen. I'm looking forward to reading the ...more
Marichus Real
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Darcy moves to Wimber after inheriting a shop from her Gran. Once there, she started to feel and remember all the summers spent there with his best friend.
Ramsey has always loved working his dad in the car shop and now Darcy is back in town he is completely happy.
A clean romance full of mystery that keeps your interest till the very end. A small town where everybody knows everybody and everybody knows everything. Luckily enough, most of the people get on well with the rest. I like how they try t
Marylin
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-tbr
Sweet Story

This was a very cute story of things lost and things found.
Angela Castillo is a new author to me, but I truly enjoyed her writing. She has a fun fresh style, and this story kept me engaged.
I also enjoyed the little bit of suspense, and history that was written into this story.
I recommend picking this book up, sit back, and have an enjoyable time reading about all the interesting characters who live in this small town in Texas.
I received this book from the author for an honest review,
Lillie
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this light, entertaining story with elements of both romance and mystery. The small-town Texas setting was charming, and the characters were likeable (except the one who wasn't supposed to be likeable). The mystery of the building intrigued me--the secret surprised me. While the book wasn't at all preachy, it definitely showed the characters' faith. A quick, easy, and fun read.

I received a copy of the book from the author, but I voluntarily wrote the review, which expresses my honest o
Jaycee Weaver
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Small town goodness

I have to admit, there’s a soft spot in my heart for small towns, especially southern ones. I appreciate a well told story with a hint of mystery and a handful of charming secondary characters, and this shorter novel fit that bill beautifully.

I read on a black screen with white print, so I will note there were sections that were grayish so it could use a tweak, but otherwise it was a well written, well edited, fun read. Oh, and can I just love on that cover a minute? So whims
Cynthia
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

This was an amazing story about a young woman coming back to run her grandmother's antique store that she had been left. She use to spend every summer there. But she felt herself feel normal again and between the women of the town, her grandma, God and her friend from childhood. Things are looking up.
Janet Graham
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Antique Store, Small Town Romance
What a wonderful story! This is a clean and wholesome romance that is faith infused. It takes in a small Texas town antique shop. The characters are quirky and believable. The plot is sweet and realistic. I love this author's work and have several of her books all lined up to read next. I bought this book and voluntarily chose to post my honest review.
Kay Roberts
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

This was a light easy read. Nothing spectacular, but it was good. The punctuation and grammar mistakes became more frequent as the book progressed, and by the last chapter it was frustrating and distracting. The story was sweet, with some history and “girl power” entrepreneurs thrown it. Overall a good read. I’m glad it was free.
MJ
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great read for a break from a heart-pounding thriller or something that makes you super emotional. Sweet love, antiques, and a bit of mystery ... Can't wait to read more about the great ladies from Miss Main series by Angela C. Castillo.
Kathy
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Anything can happen in Wimber, even love

Darcy Norman had never really felt comfortable in California. She didn't feel comfortable in her relationship with her boyfriend, Jared. Actually she felt smothered. Coming back to Wimber to take over her Gran's shop felt like the first thing that she had done right in a long time.
Penny Leidecker
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book of Angela Castillo’s and I really enjoyed it. I loved Darcy and Ramsey as a couple. I enjoyed the mystery aspect of the story and was surprised at what the secret room contained. I’m looking forward to reading the other two books in this series.
Kimball
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!

I really enjoyed reading Secondhand Secrets.
I love the stories of a small town. All the different town folk coming together and friendship. Secrets to uncover. Gossip to sort out. Oh my, loved it!
Sue Stinnett
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finding Home

A young woman inherits her grandmother 's second-hand shop. After quitting her job in L.A. she moves to Texas and takes over the shop. Not only does she find love but she discovers a century old secret.
Mary Beth
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel
Great easy to read christian romance. If you love romance and sweet endings that include taking care of a second hand store....then this book is for you. I really don't know if I'll continue the series, it wasn't a delve into the series type of read for me, but the story was beautiful.
Michelle
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story

I loved the hometown vibe and characters. Castillo pens a love story into a mystery into a heartfelt plot. I will definitely read her work again.

• Amish Proverbs: Words of Wisdom from the Simple Life
  • Lottery in Paradise (Paradise #11)
  • The Gift of Love (Finding Love, #9)
  • Hothouse Flower (Sound of Silence, #3)
  • The Runaway Pastor's Wife
  • The Marriage Pact (Loving an Aldridge, #1)
  • My Fair Lacey & A Perfect Fit
  • Love's Journey Home (Lincoln Love Stories #2)
  • The Songs of You and Me
  • After Hours (Poppy McGuire Mysteries Book 2)
  • Sleeping Dogs (Chronicles of Miller's Crossing #1)
  • The Billionaire's Stray Heart (Burke Billionaire Romance Book 2)
  • Finding the Truth in Christmas Falls (Return to Christmas Falls Book 7)
  • Love on a Limb
  • The Keeper of Her Heart
  • Just a Kiss in the Moonlight (Georgia Moon Romance #2)
  • Accidentally Yours (Forever Yours #1)
  • Rumor Has It In Christmas Falls (Return to Christmas Falls Book 4)
Would you like a FREE e-book and more info about Angela's writing? Sign up here! http://eepurl.com/bLyYxb
Angela Castillo is a writer mom with four small children. She lives in the small town of Bastrop, the city she grew up in. She studied Practical Theology and music at Christ for the Nations in Dallas. She has had many small works published in periodicals and one self-published volume of short s

Miss Main Street (3 books)
  • Blessed Arrangements (Miss Main Street #2)
  • Inn Dependence (Miss Main Street Book 3)