Start by marking “As I Am” as Want to Read:
As I Am

As I Am

Chase Hansen. Broke. College drop out. Male stripper.

My life wasn't at all what I imagined it would be. I should have been finishing up college, interning with a well-respected business, partying with my friends. But instead, I was raising my seventeen year old brother, struggling to make ends meet. Love wasn't even on my radar. Besides, what did I have to offer? A few cru
Paperback, 2 edition, 302 pages
Published April 23rd 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published March 13th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about As I Am, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As I Am

Judith
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5

A Stripper and a Doctor...

Chase Hansen, is in his final year of college when a devastating event turns his world upside down.He has no option other than to drop out of college and raise his 16 year old brother.He has to grow up fast and taking a job as stripper is far from ideal but the money's good and that's his main priority....providing for Benny.

Noah Carpenter ,doctor,thinks his life is going along nicely when he's betrayed by his boyfriend.He's left in pieces,struggling to get his life
☆ Todd
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
believably Ahhhhh... twue wuv.

Although it didn't make me full-on cry, this story was packed with tons of emotion and feels, just the way I like them.

It was also dramatic enough, without ever crossing over into The Land of Fuckery, to satisfy most angst lovers that I know.

And for all you durty boys and girls, it was packed, packed, PACKED full of steamy bits. Just thought you'd want to know. ;- )

Some of the story line was pretty far-reaching as far as believably goes, but meh, I couldn't have car
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I'm having a bit of a crisis here, folks. I distinctly remember not hating Melissa Collins' writing. I read On Solid Ground when it came out, and while I didn't love it, I don't recall it being particularly terrible.

So just wtf happened between that book and this one? Did Melissa Collins suffer a traumatic brain injury? Did I change so drastically? Perhaps Collins just took up day drinking and this book is nothing more than the result of some inebriated bet hatched between her and her friends.

W
chandler ainsley ❁
description

dnf @ the part where noah lets us know he named his puppy after his dead sister

good god. i wouldn't say this was my most disappointing read of all time or anything but it sure was a let down. i mean such a promising premise... a male stripper & a fcking doctor. i've genuinely never read that in MM fiction so I was looking forward to it, especially since it's marketed as very ~feelsy.~

but it wasn't. here are my main 2 issues with the book.

1. the plot. i'm not a plot queen, truly. but there we
♆Hayley
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF

I was so excited for this book when I read the concept. A male stripper and a doctor? YAAASSS, QUEEN. Obviously, it was super disappointing since I DNFed it. The writing wasn't that bad, but it wasn’t great either. It was on par with a lot of other romance authors: simple yet not so horrible that I couldn’t get over it. What forced me to DNF this was how unrealistic the story was. I couldn’t get over it because the things that were happening were just SO ridiculous and made no sense. I feel l
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
3.5 stars.

This book was a cute story but nowhere near my favorite Melissa Collins book. I had a hard time connecting to the characters and I wasn't the biggest fan of the arguments that Noah and Chase had. They made sense in some way but they could've totally been prevented had they just communicated better.

The chemistry was really good between Chase and Noah. I liked the story line and I loved Benny! I feel like this might just be a case of 'it's not you, it's me' and it definitely doesn't st
Melissa Collins
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Now Available for purchase!

Meet Noah and Chase today! Read the free short story here.

CaRo
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
I didn‘t feel a thing not their love not their lust just nothing. The storyline was promising but the rest felt forced...
Cadiva
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I think this is going to be one of those "it's not the book, it's me" situations as this had everything I should like on paper but it just somehow didn't come together for me.

As I had an ARC I'm ignoring the errors, including the mis-naming of one of the characters as I'm sure they'll be fixed by release.*
But the story flow itself just really felt a bit jumbled and both Chase and Noah seemed to irrationally fly off the handle at times without any clear reason.

Now, having said that, at the heart
Katiria
Shelves: favorites-books
*** I received this book by the author in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much to Melissa Collins for giving me the opportunity to read and review As I Am! ***

Oh, how I miss reading m/m books when I heard that Melissa Collins was coming out with another m/m book I jump at the chance to check it out because I absolutely love and adore her m/m books. And As I Am did not disappoint me at all I absolutely love and enjoyed this book so much I just couldn't get enough of it. Now I know thi
Chris
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
3.5 stars for this emotional roller coaster. Chase and his younger brother Benny lose their parents in an accident. Saddled with debt and responsibilities, Chase leaves college to get a job and care for his teenage brother. The only work he can manage is stripping, which is a serious challenge in itself ! Chase meets Noah at the club and a connection forms. By chance they meet a while later and a relationship builds. Yes there’s angst and fluffy sweet ! These two are clearly into each other but ...more
Morgan
1.5/5 or 2/5.
It started good and then it kept getting worse and worse. Noah was such a frustrating character and Chase wasn't much better. And that ending was so over the top and didn't make much sense. (view spoiler)
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

4 Stars

I’ve been waiting for a new Melissa Collins' story for quite some time, and let me tell you, Noah and Chase, were definitely worth the wait.

I absolutely loved them both, I wanted to strangle them at times, but I still loved them. My heart broke for both Chase and his brother Benny. I can’t imagine losing your parents at such a young age and being forced to grow up so fast, but these brothers stick together and although it’s not easy, they make it work.

I loved how caring Noah was of Chas
Rachel Emily
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
3-3.5 stars for me, but rounded up - because OMG that epilogue?! RIGHT IN THE FEELS!!

Melissa Collins is still a relatively new-to-me author...I have only read her On Solid Ground series before now (which I LOVED). This story did not resonate quite as deeply as the stories in that series did, although I loved lots of parts about this story and the characters.

Chase is 23 years old, and is now having to take care of his 16 year old brother after the death of their parents. He's found a job as a m
ItaPixie
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

As I am was a nice,spicy and a little emotional read.
For me it's another Melissa Collins' success,I've really appreciated this extended version of her previous short story.

Noah and Chase are so different from each other,a doctor the first and a stripper the latter,but at the same time they are both insecure.Their sexual relationship is ardent, lustful and passionate, and it helps them to grow and to overcome their issues.

The supporting characters are also important because they help those two h

Dani Hodge
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
SEXY, AND EMOTIONAL!

#AsIAm #Noah&Chase #Katie #Studs #IllBeOutside #BlackLimo

First, I want to start off by saying, the cover for this book drew me in from the start. It's truly a beautifully cover. Then after I stopped staring at the cover to look at the blurb, I was defiantly intrigued! From the first chapter I found myself not being able to put this book down. Needing to see what exactly was going to happen between these two men. Noah, and Chase's story is not to be missed! Between the sto
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

It has been a while since I have read an m/m story, and even longer since I have read a Melissa Collins, so As I Am was a great way to get back in the saddle.

As I Am had me hooked right from the start. Endearing characters, beautiful, heartbreaking but hopeful story, I couldn't put this book down once I started.

At times. both Noah and Chase did annoy me, with their arguments (that seemed to be for argument's sake at times) and their lack of communication) however
Joyfully Jay
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

I really liked As I Am. I’ve read several books where one of the MCs is a stripper and I’ve grown fond of the trope. They’re often misunderstood, broken men who have been through a lot. They’re not necessarily hoping for a handsome prince to come and rescue them, but when that actually happens, they can become unsure of themselves and whether they’re worth of the love they’re getting. This is what happens here. Chase was stripping because the money was better tha
Paula White
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta
Beta read this and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Leyna
*2.5 - 2.75 stars* rounded up

"It's me, not the book" case. Too sappy for my liking, especially the ending.
Funzee Shu

Well, here's another example for not trusting the Five Stars review. Even when I wrote a five stars review I never asked people to believe it too. Only trust your feeling before choosing a new book to read and never put the expectations too high if you don't wanna ended with huge disappointed.

The blurb gave me the strong impression that the story will gonna be something, add the gorgeous cover to it and I decided to devour this book right away.
I've seen another author promoting this book massive
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Wow. Just wow. I am a huge fan of MM romance. Especially ones that are written so beautifully that they pull out just about every emotion—love, lust, fear, sadness, happiness, hope, forgiveness, acceptance, and more love. That’s just what we have with As I Am.

Truly, the title says it all. As I Am is an amazing story about finding that special someone who loves you—faults and all—exactly as you are.

I adored Chase and Noah from the start. They are not perfect—far from. They’re both driven to succ
Sofia Lazaridou
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As I am was an emotional book for me. It had some moments that gave me a lot of feels. My ride with this book wasn't exactly smooth. The beginning threw me a little bit of because the story begins before the characters get where the blurb says they are. Also, there were a lot of time jumps and I kind of got lost and stopped trying to make a timeline for Chase and Noah's relationship. Still, the good outweigh the bad and to me, this is a great book. You should read it. The author won me over as I ...more
Ali
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Rating: 4 stars out of 5

Oh man, both of these guys and everything they have been through, they totally deserved to find love and that it’s together is even better! Chase had to make some hard decisions after his parents died and hasn’t really had any support or help. Noah has given himself over to being a doctor and after his last relationship ended he doesn’t really see the point in trying again.

Chase is at the point where he is just trying to survive and in his own mind he knows that no one wo
Tanja
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It is well written, flowing and smooth, and had me engrossed right from the start.
Chase is a super guy, stepping in to do anything for his younger brother, Benny, after their parents died. He has to grow up very fast, let go of his dreams, and make a living by dancing in a strip club. Noah is older, a hard-working intern, and dealing with his ex-boyfriend’s cheating. Noah is caring and understanding of Chase. He doesn’t care Chase is a stripper. It is the reason
Stacey #northsouthbookblog
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and couldn’t put it down. I’ve tried reading other M/M books in the past but they’ve all ended up being DNFs because they just didn’t have enough of a story to hold my attention.

Not the case here.

All I Am starts with us meeting Chase. He’s 23, in his last semester at college...and he’s in love with his best friend of nearly 20 years, Gavin. However, Gavin doesn’t know this because he is very much the typical frat boy - and Chase hasn’t come out to anyone.

On his way home from
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is the story of an unlikely romance between a male stripper and a young doctor. It starts with the death of Chase’s parents and Noah’s first big mistake as a doctor. There is instant attraction between Chase and Noah when a bachelorette party first brings them together but Chase’s grief and new responsibilities leave little room for a relationship.

Chase’s grief feels terribly real in this story. His changed circumstances
Angie
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

This was a sweet love story involving Chase and Noah, both having some issues they need to overcome before they can fully trust and love each other. Chase has struggled most of his life but is doing his damndest for his brother Benny since their parents died. Noah was trying to make his crapoy relationship with Rob work until he walked into his worst nightmare. A hot chance meeting at a strip club changed Noah and Chases lives. While the sex w
Lora
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 out of 5 stars

I have waited forever for this book. I loved the quick story of Chase and Noah in the anthology last year, but the prospect of more of them was way too good to pass up. Melissa writes books that pull the reader in and characters that you just want to reach through the pages and give huge hugs.

Both Noah and Chase have daily struggles, but after their first encounter neither one of them can get the other out of his head. Noah shouldn’t want anyone new when he just caught his e
Beverly Southern Babes Book Blog
Once again Mrs. Collins has pulled every heart string and emotion I could possibly have. Be prepared you’re going to need tissues for this one.

Chase.... he has been through so much for such a young guy. Changing his life to take care of his family. He’s such a loving, kind- hearted ,rough around the edges guy. He has so much to offer, yet he doesn’t see it.

Noah.... since becoming a doctor, his life has just spiraled out of control. His boyfriend has changed and he’s not sure if he even cares a
Melissa Collins has always been a book worm. Studying Literature in college ensured that her nose was always stuck in a book. She followed her passion for reading to the most logical career choice: English teacher. Her hope was to share her passion for reading and the escapism of books to her students. Having spent more than a decade in front of a classroom, she can easily say that it’s been a dre ...more