Start by marking “The Rise of the Iliri: Books 4-6 (Rise of the Iliri, #4-6)” as Want to Read:
The Rise of the Iliri: Books 4-6 (Rise of the Iliri, #4-6)

The Rise of the Iliri: Books 4-6

(Rise of the Iliri #4-6)

WAR, HEARTBREAK, MORE WAR…AND UNBREAKABLE DEVOTION

Auryn Hadley overlays a compelling sci-fi action fantasywith an emotionally charged reverse harem romance, setting the heart-warming experience of everyday community against the heart-wrenching reality of war—and the loss it causes. The Terran emperor’s war to eliminate the iliri progresses, and Salryc Luxx has risen from a
Kindle Edition, Box Set, 1258 pages
Published May 13th 2017 (first published April 29th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Rise of the Iliri, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rise of the Iliri

Start your review of The Rise of the Iliri: Books 4-6 (Rise of the Iliri, #4-6)
BJ
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
A bitter sweet mix, and the h has to sacrifice again and again. She has suffered so much, and while she is becoming all that her people need her to be, she's the one who pays the highest personal cost. The story is so well written, a complex romantic fantasy with more than a little angst in these books. Great to see her pack grow with some surprising additions. Can't wait for the next installment - I don't want this to end.
Ginette R Jonas
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I want more!!! I read a lot and I thought Sarah J Maas was my new favorite until I read Auryn Hadley. I read all six books without stopping, barely stoped to eat and sleep. Being disabled I hunt for authors like this. I want to thank the author for putting the first three in unlimited or I wouldn't have looked twice. Hopefully I can find more by her on unlimited. Very good work Ms. Hadley.
Amber
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I love this series! So many complex characters and it is easy to love each of them for so many different reasons. I don't think I could pick one favorite. These books broke my heart and made me rejoice! It rare for a story to captivate like this one does. Auryn Hadley is hands down one of the best authors I have ever read! Can't wait to continue Sal and her packs story.
Nicola Simpson
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
10***

Not one of these books let’s you get any sleep.
Be prepared to ignore your partner on your anniversary, ooops !!! to look like a zombie for a about a week, and to read a story of love, hope and no matter what colour, sexuality, etc you do matter no matter what.
Fantastic fmc and a storyline so original it will make you believe anything is possible.
Alisha Thompson
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Flippin’ Fantastic!!!

I have nothing but praise for Auryn Hadley’s Rise of the Iliri Series. I bought this box set obviously because it gives me 3 books that I can read back to back for a lower price.

This series is written so well, the characters are so realistic that I can imagine scenes being played out in my head. Auryn sucks you in, makes you fall in love with her characters and ruins you emotion, I have laughed, cried and felt rage reading these books, so be warned.

They are a sci-fi reverse
Chrissy
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb Box Set Continuing An Engrossing Series

This isn’t a review of the books in the set, but of the box set as a whole. I’ve already reviewed the individual books and am happy for people to check those reviews out, but wanted to leave a review again after reading this box set, rather than the separate books.

The second time of reading this series has not diminished my enjoyment in any way. This series is one that can be enjoyed over and over again because it is written so well.

The characters
Andrew Palmer
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read books 1-8 in quick succession so am giving a review on the series, to date.

The world building is excellent. Humans colonize a distant world, low on metals and with indigenous life. Thousands of years later, the resulting society is one of basically medieval tech, but with ceramics and resin replacing metals. Very clever extrapolation and made more interesting with the integration of the indigenous life.

The series is both a Sci-Fi/Paranormal-esque epic adventure and a romance. The heat lev
T.
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rise of the Iliri box set 4-6 contains three books of the Ililri series:

Inseparable (4), Nice plot twists and fast-pacing keep readers glued to the page (metaphorically speaking, for us eBook readers). The complexity builds in this installment, and new members are added to the Iliri family. Edge of my seat!

Tenacity (5), Tension, high drama, and heartbreak as the Anglian troops close in closer to Terric and the Emperor. This may be the most pivotal book of the series to date--I saw a lot of the
Good Reads Fanatic
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rh-favorites
Emotionally Exciting and Brutal

I almost want to take back my previous 4 star review for the first box set. I only gave 4 stars because of book 2 and 3 and the lack of follow through for the intimate relationships.

But geez, Auryn makes up for it in these next three books. The romance and intimacy is nowhere near the focus, and is still a small part of the series, but these books give satisfaction and provide follow through.

The changes and horrors the characters experience in these three books
Jessica Lyon
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!!

This series is seriously amazing!!! From the world building, to the character development , just everything you could possibly ask for in a series. I'm a serious bibliophile myself and I read the first six books on this series in four days, I couldn't put them down for anything. This author has a way with telling a story that I haven't really seen before and it makes the whole thing seriously play out like a movie in your head. If your on the fence about buying it, or just scared beca
Kathryn
Awesomest ever series. Must be read in order. If you like kick-ass heroines and alpha but submissive men, dystopian, sci-fi, paranormal erotica and books longer than 250 pages then this series is for you. I LOVE IT. I'm going to be sad when this series ends. I'm on book 7 in the series. I started the series on June 8. This book kept showing up in my recommendations from Amazon. I was kind of judging the book by the cover which is very ironic since this series is all about not judging people by t ...more
Caitlin Madison
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't get enough.

First I love that they have made 2 box sets of the first 6 books. I've been binge reading them all! I first read about Sal and Black Blades years ago. This week I picked up where I left off. Let's just say, thank goodness I'm on vacation. I've read 4 books in about a week.
My heart has been ripped out a few times btw. But it's slowing healing with everyone else. The story is so elaborate and Sal's world is amazing and sad. I've recommended book 1 to my husband. Because isn't
Angela Armstrong
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Freaking awesome

I'm getting sad because I'm almost at the end of the saga. These books are addictive!

I will say, you might need to take notes, there's an influx of characters in books 4 and 5 and a lot of names and titles starting with the letter R. It got a little confusing for a bit trying to keep track of who is who and what. Especially when several of the black blades started getting called by their real names and not just their call names.

Having said that, these books are amazingly craft
Erin Thornton
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While I love Auryn Hadley I hate to cry in books. That said she has a way of making the emotional scenes balance out. I LOVE this series and can't get enough. I'll tell you that I will read anything Auryn writes from here on out because she has a way of drawing you into her world and fall in love with her characters. You will become connected to them and feel the good with the bad! Can't wait for more to be released, but thankful 7 is already out. After that....I'm sure I'll be desperate for her ...more
Sivakhami Sivanesan
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great read

I'm lucky that i came to the game late so I'll be able to buy book 7 straight away without delay. Auryn Hadley continues to world build in books 4-6 of the Rise of the Iliri's books. We find out more about previous background chatacters and see how each contributes to a wonderful tapestry of a story.
I'd definitely recommend this serise to anyone who likes stories with well rounded characters and an epic story arc of civil liberation of a species which has been a second class ci
Heather
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars. Really good, but I struggled with some of the content in book 5. Way to much description around the maerta for my taste. I get the why and all, but didn’t need the gory details of how. Just too much. I do love the timing of bringing Kolt into the story more. He’s a relief after the heart wrenching events leading up to his arrival. I love seeing the determination, love, and friendships developing throughout and the whole idea of each of us doing small things that cause ripples, and it’ ...more
Rosa
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Still as good as GoT

Again, i have a box set, so can’t review books 4 & 5. My review for this set is pretty much the same as for the first set. Someone mail this lot to Benioff and Weiss.......STAT!
I wondered how on earth this storyline could be dragged out over so many volumes and not lose its bite, allure and all the other good stuff, and now I know how. It’s not dragged out, everything is pertinent to the theme/story and it’s so many other storyline’s all intertwined as well with clarity at al
BURTON W FROST
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
More romantic fiction than fantasy

Way to much romantic dialog for me,keep repeating same thing about relationships to just fill word count,might be great for some but not for me,didn't need to be reminded why characters felt about each other over and over again,got old and in the way of story,seems author had enough story line to make three books but spread out to six and seven,will not be getting seventh
Gary Carter
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

Books 4 -6 are totally amazing. Each book drew me further into the story so deeply that I found myself interacting or reacting much as the characters in each situation they were involved in. Laughter, anger, fear shame , pride, and even the way they cared for each other. I would recommend this whole series to anyone who likes to get into a good story. An enjoyable Read. Bring on book 7. lol
Torrina
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

This series is heartbreaking, eye opening, beautiful, gritty, and simply amazing. I’ve never read a novel that is in the romance realm that touches on so many aspects of humanity, social injustice, and politics- let alone one that does so eloquently! Coming from an individual who is not generally into politics in her leisure activities, I think that really speaks for itself.
megan
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Continuation of a great story

Oh my goodness, what an emotional rollercoaster these three books were. I cried, I laughed and I got angry. I get so into these books and get lost with the characters in their world. This is truly a series you will not want to put down. I love how you don't get rushed through the story and have e tough descriptions and time to get emotionally involved in the story. Highly recommend.
Rin
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVE This Series

We find out why Blaec doesn't link his mind as one with, Sal. Because his gift of being a prophet is one of the things that has kept the , Black Blades alive all these years in this war. Knowing everything Blaec knows, there's no way he could of hid all of the future, away from Sal. Having to carry all of the prophecies, constantly weighs heavy on him and is why he's always kept himself apart, from his family, at the same time being the leader of his family.
William
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enthralled

So just finished the second set and am hurrying to finish this review so I can move on to the next book.
Spoilers from here on out

There are few authors with the ability to make me cry, George R.R. Martin , Anne MaCaffery ,a few others. The death of Bleac killed me...ugh ! Ugly tears. These books will be the death of me ,
Beautifully written. Fantastic character development. I am so happy I chose to read this series.
Lexi
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hooked

I loved this series and can not wait to continue it. I just read all 6 books in 4 days because I couldn't put it down. The characters are all captivating, the emotions are real and tangible. The whole entire series is a creative masterpiece. I am hooked. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to re-read it and wait for book 7.
Jessie Mckissick
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Extraordinary!

It is very rare for me to complete six books in a series without being disappointed in at least one of the volumes. THE RISE OF THE ILIRI is the exception, and I am thrilled with Auryn Hadley's series. The in-depth descriptions of the fight scenes is remarkable, and the emotions between her family members is heartfelt. I highly recommend this series.
james williams
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Warning

These box sets should come with a warning label. Hazardous to your health and relationship. Because once you start you cannot stop. You can't eat,can't sleep and if you have a real job I feel for you. Because I don't know how you lay it down after reading night to go to work.
Joann
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Completely Positively Amazing!

I absolutely love this series it’s awesome!!
Each book of this series just gets better and better!
Each book I read I was hooked before I even finished the first page!
So yes I most definitely recommend these books because I think they are fantastic!
Laura Duval
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline, characters and so much more

Solid five star rating!
This second set of books to the series was really good. There's so many good things about the novels that words cannot describe. Fair warning though, if you're emotional, you will definitely need tissues. Read on and live in the world of the Iliri. You won't regret it.
Becca
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hard to come back to the real world

Auryn writes so amazingly, it sucks you in and reality takes a back seat. You feel the characters, you learn the language, you start to see life differently.
When an author can take an amazing story and change how you look at the real world because of it..... Well, the only thing that is fitting to say is "It matters."
Debbie McAnulty
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bloody brilliant

Never have l been so gripped by a series of books.. the story, the characters, the love and the loss... l have cried real tears and laughed more than ever... l honestly feel like l know these people and lived through all their trials with them. And l want to live on, keep reading and to find Sal and her pack in the free world they dreamed off....
« previous 1 3 next »

• Gamer Girls: Volumes 1-3 (Gamer Girls)
  • Virtual Reality (Gamer Girls, #3)
  • The Rebel's Vision (Age of the Andinna #4)
  • The Mercenary's Bounty (Age of the Andinna, #2)
  • The Warrior's Assault (Age of the Andinna #3)
  • The Enemy's Triumph (Age of the Andinna Book 5)
  • The Redemption Saga Box Set
  • The Gladiator's Downfall (Age of the Andinna, #1)
  • Fight Little Wolf (Aurora Marelup #3)
  • Hunt Little Wolf (Aurora Marelup #2)
  • Ascend Little Wolf (Aurora Marelup #1)
  • Attack Little Wolf (Aurora Marelup, #4)
  • Survival (The Hollow, #1)
  • Grave Consequences (Hellgate Guardians, #2)
  • Broken Magic (Iron Serpent Chronicles, #4)
  • The Kingson Pride Box Set
  • A Final Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #3)
  • A Night of Redemption (The Redemption Saga, #5)

Rise of the Iliri (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • BloodLust (Rise of the Iliri, #1)
  • Instinctual (Rise of the Iliri, #2)
  • Defiance (Rise of the Iliri, #3)
  • Inseparable (Rise of the Iliri, #4)
  • Tenacity (Rise of the Iliri, #5)
  • Resilience (Rise of the Iliri, #6)
  • Dissent (Rise of the Iliri, #7)
  • Upheaval (Rise of the Iliri #8)
  • Havoc (Rise of the Iliri, #9)
  • Risen (Rise of the Iliri #10)

News & Interviews

Award-winning journalist Maria Hinojosa’s highly anticipated new book, Once I Was You: A Memoir of Love and Hate in a Torn America, arrives...
“You can't think we'd even care what happens to a country that spends so much effort on offending every other nation on this continent, yet does so little to improve the lives of the people who live there.” 0 likes