Start by marking “Primeval Magic (Shadows & Flame, #3)” as Want to Read:
Primeval Magic (Shadows & Flame, #3)

Primeval Magic

(Shadows & Flame #3)

Ursula may have escaped the Shadow Realm, but things are worse in New York. Kester is missing, and the city is under siege by a legion of dragons. There’s a bounty on Ursula’s head – alive or dead, and the dragons prefer the latter.

Ursula flees back to England, searching for hidden island of Avalon, barely staying ahead of the bloodthirsty monsters. To make things worse,
Published June 10th 2017

Start your review of Primeval Magic (Shadows & Flame, #3)
DANIELLA
Jun 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Stupid

I don't know why I kept reading it maybe I hoped it would get better. It had all the right story lines but NO still nothing. I kept falling asleep but I made myself finish it.
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ursula and Bael escape the Shadow Realm only to find New York City deserted and terrorized by dragons. The strangest thing is that they want Ursula specifically, according to a message on the news. Of course, the human governments have offered a cash reward for her apprehension - so now she is running from humans in addition to the dragons and shadow demons that are after her. Oh, and Kester is missing. He was supposedly figuring out why the dragons wanted her and had traveled to Avalon to get ...more
Jeanny
Nov 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF I grew tired of the MC being ignorant on the topic of herself. I was 3 books in passed 50% & the populace in its entirety seemed to know more about the MC then she did. It surpassed a mystery straight into a tiresome mess. Will not continue the series simply bc i don’t have the patience to continue it.
One chapter more
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
May
What a thrilling story! It was really exciting, and I love Bael x Ursula! We get to learn more about both of their histories, and what Ursula really is. Bael is also just really sweet and supportive. I ship them so hard. Ursula continues to amaze with her abilities.

Summary:
Exciting story
Kickass heroine
Good romance development
Cindy
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very mysterious

Ursula seems to get into more trouble after every story. This time she is back on Earth but it isn't the same with dragons and demons all over. On top of all that she also has a bounty on her head because the dragons are looking for her. The mystery surrounding her is still frustratingly unanswered and as she learns something about herself, more questions arise. I think my favorite part was her time with Merlin in Avalon. That was pretty awesome. I love Arthurian tales. Can't wait
Katie
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I continue to read this series in hopes that it would get better, it didn’t. It has all the right elements to make an epic story but falls short every time. The whole amnesia thing is really annoying since everyone else knows what’s going on. It’s not terrible, it’s not good either; just a meh story I’ll completely forget about and need to reread my own review to remember I did in fact read this once upon a time.
Kat
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ah, this book was so amazing I don't even know where to start! I'm going to try to describe all the wonderfulness of this book without spoilers.

Ok, so first things first, I LOVED the fact that this booked picked up exactly where the previous one left off. This is something I feel like is somewhat rare anymore with series, but this writing duo does a stellar job! Since I absolutely hate it when you typically spend the first couple chapters of a new book in a series recapping the previous events,
Vannessa
This next installment in this series was another brilliant one. Ursula has managed to escape from the Shadow Realm on the moon, but now on her return home, she finds that Kester is missing. She now has to carry out his mission, heading to England on a quest for the one thing that can kill the dragons.

Unfortunately for Ursula, the dragons are desperate to find her, so she must do whatever she can to keep as far from them as possible. Not so easy when enemies find her! Luckily Bael is still on
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Dakota
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty fantastic

Loving this!! Non stop action I'm telling ya! This book picks up literally just after the first and Ursula and the gang are thrust into a new adventure.... I absolutely love all the mythology in this series. I cannot even begin to guess who we will meet and what they will encounter next. it's super fantastic!!
Ursula is a bit impulsive in this and makes me want to shake her but I feel that she is also growing more. She aquires some new skillz in this and pretty fearless for the
Lynn
Aug 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF

The premise to the series was promising. The 1st book started slow but it was OK. The second book had a lot more action but the plot could have been better in so many ways. That's why I gave the 3rd book a chance. Unfortunately, I ended up fed up with it and with the whole series halfway through. While the plot was interesting, the characters ruined it for me. Considering a series of 4 books, the characters should have grown quite a bit by the 3rd book. However, they didn't. Bael was still
Tracy Carroll
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
No, no, no! It's over already?

I need more Bael and Ursala!! I can't believe I'm already at the end of the book and I'm left with a bunch of questions and ideas, but I want more now. Sigh....I am impatient and can't wait for the next book. At least I know how and why Bael killed his first wife and know a little bit more about Ursala and her past. The dragons were a surprise and I look forward to seeing how that story arcs. I can't write anything bad about this except I want the next book now.
Monique Grasso
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I can't get enough of this author's books. I wait patiently every time a new one comes out, then it's available and I get all happy. I know I'm a geek. Anyway, this book continues the story of Ursula and Bael with many of the characters from the prior books. There are some great scenes here along with a unique and exciting storyline. There are dragons, vampires, shadow gods, a castle, kings, queens....there is constant action. I whipped through this book in 7 hours...yes, I was up all ...more
Turner Keith Reeves
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Ursula's Story Continues

Not my favorite so far in the series... But it's still a good adventure. You can clearly tell that this book is a major set up for the finale, and I'm pretty excited for it. The mythology introduced in this book is probably the strongest aspect of the story. Dragon apocalypse, a hidden island, a certain sword in a certain stone. All great stuff. And it was great to see Ursula FINALLY getting to be (and to realize that she is) the badass that will rise to the top. This one
Christie Christensen
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Series!

I have given five stars to every book in the series. I have enjoyed this series, because Ursula is not your typical bad-ass female in most books right now. She is strong and a bad-ass, but requires some assistance at times. Between the dragons, fae, shadow gods and the ultra sexey Bael. It isn't always easy to follow the right path. I can't wait to find out who FU (former Ursula) really was before she lost her memory. Love....Love C.N. Crawford, she has a wonderful writing style and
Ruman
There are still too many unanswered questions about Ursula's past. Questions that I desperately wish were answered in Primeval Magic.

Furthermore, the romance between Ursula and Bael is disappointing. It feels underdeveloped with all the secrets and unsolved problems from their pasts. And personally, the tension and uninvited physical attraction between the two is not good enough for me. I need to see connection and wholehearted desire before I'm going to ship Ursula and Bael.
Mae Padua-janusas
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Talk about intense

I can’t get enough of this series!! I’m almost hesitant in reading the last book, but with that ending?! So many layers revealed and I can’t wait to see what’s next with Ursula, Bael, Kester, Cera...and where did Zee go? I was at the edge of my seat the entire time. Definitely an exciting addition to this series. Highly recommend this series and high praise to both C and N!!
deepa shetty
Aug 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
I absolutely hate the main lead. Ursula. After 3 rd book I hate her more and more . She has absolutely no idea what she is doing but she is everywhere and everybody wants her..everywhere she goes she pathetically attracts trouble for herself and the situation she comes out from is also so pathetic .this is my first read from this author i have no interest to read any other series from her.checking out from this series midway
HC
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I love the world, but the character development was somewhat lacking in this installment. Bael was suddenly super helpful and gentle, which I'm not opposed to, but it didn't seem in keeping with his personality in the second book. There were grammar errors, and the book left a lot of unanswered questions, to the point where it was unclear what was going on. I will read the fourth book in the hopes that the author ties these plot lines together to make a congruent story.
Niaka Gruneberg
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
More books more books!!!

Just started this series two days ago and inhaled it!! it's throughly enjoyable and I can't wait for the next book. OMG Bael yum! Great characters some of the books felt like "filler" but the premise is great and I could imagine a whole 12book series with some deeper insights into characters and more world building to fall into {sigh} hopefully the last book or two You have planned comes soon tho I'm dying for more already.
Trinity
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally awesome

I loved your book, it had my heart pumping and I just loved it. I just wished that you hadn't left the book on a cliffhanger. I have a love hate relationship with them, I read them all interval,nocturnal and primeval magic. I think the one word can definitely describe your book is supercalifraglisticexpealidocious
Jana Gundy
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A wild story

Ursula definitely has an interesting and complicated life. The story was well written, the action non stop and the ending leaves you needing the next book. Bael sort of grows on me in this book, he's a hard one to peg. I would love to finally get some concrete answers about Ursula's past soon.
Owen Oakley
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Boom

Omg I didn’t think they could get any better but they are talk about amazing sagas. Well I now must journey to book 4 kind of bitter sweet since this will be the last one but I shall savor every moment. Happy she found Kester but hey wasn’t in the setting she’d hoped for. Happy Reading!
meagan
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed #3

I really enjoyed Primeval Magic, I love Ursula and Bael together and it was nice to find out a little bit more about both of them. Full warning this book ends on a cliffhanger as well. Looking forward to the next book. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.
Michael Wood
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Servants of God's, Goddesses and Demons

We follow protagonist Ursula as she attempts to find her way through the supernatural darkness that surrounds her (and the Earth). Tasked as an agent to convince those who sold their souls to sign the appropriate contracts in order to stay out of the darkness herself, she falls into another god's orbit. Then life gets tough and strange.
Auda Rodriguez,BSN RN
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Primeval magic

I love CN Crawford series, but i did not like the end of this book. This story must continue...what happened next after Ursula and kester are in prison? What happened with Gael? Please tell me that a book #4 is coming soon.
Jessica
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Eh...

I wanted to like this book, but it seemed like a filler. The storyline kind of just bumbled along and nothing really happened. Hopefully the next installment will make up for what this lacks.
Airwreckah
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Each book goes someplace i would not expect - the moon to athurian mysts. Eh? Where will they go now? The midwest?

But writing is good, easy to digest and smooth, and i like Bael. He is dark and layered, like a yummy purple onion. You know he COULD be bad, but he chooses not to be. The best kind.
Donna McDonald
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enlightening!!

After I read book 1, book 2 was there to continue! After 2, I waited for book 3... Now left worse then after book 2 I must wait for book 4! This is terrible!! I so wish it was ready to be read! CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK!!!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Crown of Fire (The Forbidden Fae #1)
  • All's Fae in Love and War (The Paranormal PI Files Book 6)
  • Innocent Until Proven Fae (The Paranormal PI Files #5)
  • Fate of Fire (The Forbidden Fae Book 2)
  • Heir of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #2)
  • Dead Fae Walking (The Paranormal PI Files, #2)
  • Bad Fae Rising (The Paranormal PI Files #3)
  • Trial by Fae
  • One Fae in the Grave (The Paranormal PI Files #4)
  • Queen of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #3)
  • Live Fae or Die Trying (The Paranormal PI Files #1)
  • Spirit of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #4)
  • Confessions of a Dangerous Fae (The Supernatural Spy Files, #1)
  • Demon Curse (Dragon's Gift: The Sorceress #3)
  • Rise of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #5)
  • Threat of Magic (Dragon's Gift: The Amazon #4)
  • Demon Slayer (Dragon's Gift: The Sorceress #1)
  • Sin & Spirit (Demigods of San Francisco, #4)
C.N. Crawford is not one person but two. Christine (C) grew up in the historic town of Lexington, and has a lifelong interest in New England folklore - with a particular fondness for creepy old cemeteries. Nick (N) spent his childhood reading fantasy and science fiction further north during Vermont’s long winters.

Together they work to incorporate real historical events and figures into

Shadows & Flame (4 books)
  • Infernal Magic (Shadows & Flame, #1)
  • Nocturnal Magic (Shadows & Flame, #2)
  • Eternal Magic (Shadows & Flame, #4)