Start by marking “The Blackwater Legacy (Bloodlines Legacy #2)” as Want to Read:
The Blackwater Legacy (Bloodlines Legacy #2)

The Blackwater Legacy

(Bloodlines Legacy #2)

Saidie Walker grew up a nice, normal girl—but not everything is as it seems. Even the Walker family has secrets locked away.

Published June 20th 2017 by Limitless Publishing LLC

Coco.V
Nov 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/9/2018)! 💝

Blurb:

Saidie’s grandmother told them stories from their family history about being able to raise the dead. But Saidie believed they were only scary stories meant to frighten naughty children, and necromancers were nothing more than the stuff of nightmares and make-believe.

Until she met Alexandria Blackburne Reed and her powers woke up
Jessica Robbins
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle

Book two in the Bloodlines Legacy series and we pick up about where book one left off. This time we follow Saidie who developed some cook necromancer powers after being around Alex for so long. She is sent to someone to train her only to have the woman try to kill her instead. The story keeps you hooked as it develops while still tying to the arching story line. We get a whole new romance as well leading
Terri
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Saidie Walker is a pretty normal college girl til the morning she wakes up to discover she's a necromancer and somehow managed to raise her long departed dog Boco from the dead. She's sent by her best friend Alex's uncle Sabien to work with another necromancer known as "Madame" who lives deep within the Louisiana bayou, practicing and teaching her craft.
While staying with Madame, Saidie meets her "family" of vampires, one of whom, Aleric, keeps trying to tell her that Madame isn't all she seems
Lisa
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books on KU I found and was happy I did. I am one of those horrible people that tends to skip books that only have been reviewed by under 100 people.

When this book opened I realized it would be starting with Sadie's story.
I liked her as a character and the relationship she had with Aleric.
Then the story catches up with Alex and all the friends again.

I really enjoyed this story and hope she continues it. I liked the group of Alex's friends and all their stories.

(view spoiler
Candace
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m usually kinda skeptical about reading “second”books in a series that’s not about the original main characters. This is because I tend to just have a hard time connecting with the book. But having loved the first one and this author I wanted to give it a try. This book did not disappoint and drew me in by the second chapter. I hated having to put it down but work and “mommy” duties calls, so you could say there were a few late night reading sessions.

Now I’m not big into giving details about
Terry Spears
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Apryl Baker has done it again!! She takes you on a journey you don't want to end. In Blackwater Legacy she takes you South to my home state of Louisiana. I was skeptical at first because so many writers get "it" wrong. It being the scenery and the way we speak. Apryl nailed it!! That being said this book is everything, suspense, paranormal, shifters, necromancer, surprising a little romance and witchcraft. A better read can't be found anywhere. We join Sadie as she brings her beloved deceased do ...more
India
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Saidie starts college, she meets a group of people who she becomes firm friends with. They all seem to have a supernatural element to them and she doesn’t mind being the only normal human amongst them. The trouble is she isn’t a regular human, but it takes the not so fresh, recently buried, animated corpse of her dead dog to tell her that something is amiss.
When Alex’s uncle sends Saidie away to learn how to use her newly awakened gift of necromancy, she hopes to be able to control her unpr
Ashley Scales
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
am definitely a fan of this series and I can't wait for more. When I first started reading the Blackwater Legacy I was confused as it was Sadie's book. But then I was excited because you got the chance to see her coming into her powers and just how truly gifted she is. We also get to meet Aleric and just how important of a character he is. But fear not the gang is all there once again battling evil as they find out just how truly powerful they are. We learn in this one also that family doesn't ...more
Fabienne Gilbert
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book.... in all honesty had me nearly give up on the series, until i peaked at the blurb for the 3rd book and decided to power through. It not that I don't like Sadie, i love the girl and how strong she is but I was more than a little eager for the second half of the book and to get back to Alix's POV. i think it was mainly because we followed Alix through so much in the first book that it just seemed to throw up a road block and it came to the second half. I did enjoy when they reuine and ...more
Lona
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holycraphurry2018

It takes hard work to create so many characters, maintain their necessity, and protect the integrity of a story. Baker, however, makes it seem effortless.
Also seemingly effortless is her writing. A poorly written "good story" is just that: a good story that's been poorly written or rushed. I love Baker's attention to detail, her ability to translate the minute details in her mind onto paper. I feel like a fly on the wall when I read her work.
Anyhow, this book is awesomeness, ju
Gemma Cameron
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in the series this story focuses on Saidie who has to learn about her necromancy powers and is fast paced from start to finish.

The friendships become stronger and the reader gets introduced to new characters who are fascinating and scary! This series has so many supernatural characters and I love them all. The plot is strong and the story well written. The adventure keeps on building with secrets revealed and more questions asked. Just brilliant!

I am addicted to this series and can't wait
Kay C
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
its no secret I love Apryl Bakers work. I have been giving the opportunity to receive get books before others and I have to say its AMAZING.

That said let me tell you about this amazingly fantastic keep you on the edge of your seat story about Sadie! I could not put this one down. I loved the first story of the bloodlines legacy but holy cheese and crackers! you fall into this world of the spooks with necromancers, thieves, stunningly handsome Romani men and of close shifters. I mean what's not
Renee
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Mixed feelings

The first book, the Blackburne Legacy, left me in awe. This second book felt more of a book that was creating a backstory for future books. I understand it's necessary but I felt there was a missed connection. The point of view changes halfway through the book and it feels like much was left out. In the end, who was even the main character of the book? I understand who the main character of the series but if the author wanted to shine a light on Sadie, shine a light on Sadie.
Carrie Blair
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of the supernatural then this is the series to read. Book one is a fantastic read, but you do not have to read it to understand this one. However i would highly recommend you do.
This series has it all; vampires, werewolves, witches, necromancers, zombies, seers, shifters, and more. All set in my favorite state of West Virginia.
Alex is a witch/shifter that has power that the entire world is itching to get their hand on. Sadie her best friend has just came into her power. This bo
Jennifer Whitlock
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Apryl Baker books. This one wasn't a disappointment. I couldn't put it down. I love that she shared the story of Saddie. Alex is great, but it will be good to see Sadies story as well. Alex has been through so much and she's growing her family by making friends that love her no matter what. Its great that she has people who just met her, but are willing to stand by her when times are really bad and still love her no matter what may come. I am very sad I have to wait forever for the next b ...more
Amy Haskins
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Warning: You will want to devour this book 2 of the series in one sitting! Denying yourself sleep until you too will become the walking dead. Apryl's writing has a way to sink you so deeply into her worlds she's created that you are in the story..standing in the room..cheering on the heroes and fighting the fires of evil. This book CAN be a standalone but you will be at a great loss to not read the first book. I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars!
Amy
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chills

I get chills from the family intensity that is in this story. They might be from different bloodlines, but they are family.
It was a little different reading Saidie's story then switching to Alex, but Ms. Baker does a wonderful job at telling us why she wrote it that way.
Love how her other series was casually mentioned in this book, it is a great series as well! Now to find something to read, While I wait for the next book to be written!
Debbie
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second book in this series is just WOW !!! The places in Apryl's mind take you right there and make you go 😲 I love it !! We met Saidie in the first book and although this is her story it doesn't leave the first book behind. Sometimes you find love in the strangest of places. I can't wait for the next one to come out. I am definitely a fan of this series !! You will be too !!
Courtney Huchton
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really like how this author writes! There is still so much to the story to Alex but there is also a lot more to who her friends are. It was awesome getting to know Sadie's story and piecing together somethings for Luka. Yet still continue in on Alex's story. I am hooked! I cant wait until the next book comes out!
Rebecca Lavin-Barley
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and struggled to put it down. I loved learning about Saidie and Aleric and I really liked how they all came together in the end. I'm hoping the rest of the series will follow this style of writing and teach us more about the history of all the members of the group. Another great book from Apryl Baker, i cannot wait for the next one!
Maria
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great continuation to a great series. This series makes me crave for more. It had me at the edge of my seat on more than one occassion. Can't wait to see what else the author has in store for the Bloodlines Legacy characters.
Brieanna
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic sequel to The Blackburne Legacy! I loved the character development and learning about Saidies story. I couldn't put it down when I started it and I'm glad I didn't. I cannot wait to see what book three has in store for my favourite characters!
Courtney Shaw
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Must read

If you love paranormal stories,this is one you have to pick up! I loved that Ghost files was thrown in there! Can't wait to read more cause I'm dying to know who that name belongs to at the end
Toni
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series has everything; witches, shifters, vampires, zombies, seers, and terror on every page. Once you start this series, you'll just keep the pages turning. There's paranormal fantasies, romance, humor, and sheer terror. I look forward to the next book.
Jo Anna Part
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!!! She out does herself with every book she writes, if you are looking for supernatural, paranormal and lots of mystery this is the series for you! I could not put this book down, I can not wait for the next book in this series!!
Melissa Granata
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

Ok this book was amazing I loved how I got to see sadies story and hated what she had to endure at that psychos training, find out about Lukas brother and all that he endured and still leave with a huge cliff hanger. I can't wait for the next book.
Heather
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book as much as the first. Where the first focuses on Alex, this one focuses on Saidie and her heritage as a necromancer. The storyline was good and action packed. The reason for four stars were there were some editing errors and at one point the character Micah is called Morgan.
Alana
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow the second book was amazing. Great to pick up with the gang again from the first book and watch new characters come to life. Seriously, witches, necromancers, vampires, shifters what else could you want. Throw danger, romance and massive creepy bad girl and you have this amazing book !!
Erica Story
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-it
I loved it.. it was sweet, scary, suspenseful, full of life and death.. it goes to show that not all family is blood and doesn't have to be.. I can't wait for the next one to come out.. Apryl Baker is an amazing author that knows how to reach the heart of others very well.
Kira
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ru
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
So who am I? Well, I'm the crazy girl with an imagination that never shuts up. I LOVE scary movies. My friends laugh at me when I scare myself watching them and tell me to stop watching them, but who doesn't love to get scared? I grew up in a small town nestled in the southern mountains of West Virginia where I spent days roaming around in the woods, climbing trees, and causing general mayhem. Nig ...more

Bloodlines Legacy (3 books)
  • The BlackBurne Legacy (Bloodlines Legacy #1)
  • The Blackstone Legacy (The Bloodlines Legacy, #3)