Start by marking “Star Wars Complete Locations” as Want to Read:
Star Wars Complete Locations

Star Wars Complete Locations

(Inside the Worlds of Star Wars)

From the Lars homestead of Tatooine where Luke Skywalker grew up to the city planet of Coruscant, this title uses illustrations and text, along with intricate cross-sections and detailed 3-D maps, to reveal the settings from all six films in the Star Wars saga. Full color.
Published December 31st 2005 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published October 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars Complete Locations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars Complete Locations

Start your review of Star Wars Complete Locations
7jane
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those wanting to see inside plans of things
(note: this book has spoilers for Episodes I to VII (but not the Last Jedi or Rogue One))

If you're one of those people who love seeing the details of inside a house, or a city etc. and you happen to also be a Star Wars fan, this is a treat for anyone from reading-kids to adults.

This book shows you so much from Episode I to VII, and you get much information on planets and their inhabitants, buildings, cities, locations, battles, spaceships, armies, and chases. Some pages open further, and some
Benjamin Stahl
While this book was not as great as it could have been, I must say the detail and love of Star Wars lore is quite astounding. Had I been the same eight-year-old who poured over those other Star Wars, James Bond and other cross-section picture books, I would have found hours of imaginative entertainment in this work. All things brought together though - as well as my age and disability to escape the ever-constant clutching of mind - I found the book sometimes boring and full of not-so-vital ...more
Ryan Michael
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible! The illustrations and detail are unbelievable! This will be on my coffee table for a long, long while, as I am already tempting to dip back into it and look for details I might have missed the first time through. Recommended for any fan of the Star Wars universe and would make a great gift for that Star Wars Junkie in your life.
RumBelle
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-wars, favorites
I read the new, 2017 edition and it was wonderful. It took you, in movie order beginning with the Phantom Menace, through key locations in the Star Wars Universe. You learned about the geography and topography of the locations themselves, as well as history and who played what roll. The photos and illustrations were vibrant and just fun to peruse. An enjoyable book to just sit and flip through.
Harry Thornton
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure: I LOVE reference books. You know, the ones made for franchises like Star Wars or Harry Potter where they go into intricate detail about how the world works, where everything is, etc. So this book was right up my alley.

It's another update to the Star Wars Locations series, this time including locations from The Force Awakens. This update's important because by including the maps from I to VI, it re-canonizes a lot of content from the original "Legends" universe into the new
Karen
Aug 09, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, unfinished
First of all I would say don't buy this book. Check it out from the library or pick it up if it's lying around in a friend's house (as I did). Movie tie-ins are exploitative; don't spend your hard-earned $40 to feed the commercial machine.

That said, at its best this book is clever and entertaining. It has a great "Where's Waldo" feel to it. There are lots of juicy details to peruse.

And it could be fun for scientists (physicists, astronomers, astrobiologists, et al.). There is much to ponder and
Eric
Nov 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
Fantastic book for people who love cross-sections, maps, and everything Star Wars. You can spend an hour or more on a single spread and still not notice every detail or find Waldo.
Scott
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
An encyclopedic look at all of the locations in the Star Wars film universe both planets (e.g. Hoth) and also individual places (e.g. Jedi Temple).

It was good. More of a reference book than a page turner.
Alex Meeres
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full of illuminating details and intricate technical illustrations. Some of the captions and labels seem a bit silly, but overall this will be enjoyed by Star Wars fans of all ages.
Michael
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome.I love DK books.
Jason Cox
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read, sf-fantasy
Nice pictorial of various locations in the Star Wars universe. It's a bit heavy on the prequel episodes, but is still quite interesting. Makes for a nice addition to your Star Wars reference library.
Patrick Schroeder
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gave me so much information I didnt know what to do with it.
Callum Shephard
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part of Star Wars’ sense of wonder has always been the minor details behind the galaxy. As often as the series is described as a fantasy saga in space – requiring audiences to merely accept certain fantastical ideas and supernatural powers – the technology and complexity of the locations always hinted at something bigger just underneath the surface. Once again, it fell to DK Publishing to help bring that world to life.

Star Wars: Complete Locations is a compilation covering the entire saga in a
Monika
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mňa osobne táto kniha zaujala hlavne kresbami daných oblastí, na ktorých sú zakreslené trasy hlavných postáv vo filmoch.

Takisto chválim knihu ako komplet. Očarí zvnútra i zvonka, pretože je v nej naozaj veľmi veľa kresieb. Veľmi pekný úvod knihy, kde sú vypísané planéty Star Wars sveta. Potom je kniha rozdelená podľa epizód. Takže všetko ide pekne postupne a človek sa medzi toľkými mestami a oblasťami nezamotá.

Pre mňa jednoznačne kniha, ktorú by každý fanúšik mal mať. Pokiaľ viem kniha vyšla
Gary Tydryszewski
Dec 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Science Fiction/Non-fiction

This excellent non-fiction book explores many of the exotic locales of the Star Wars Saga, treating them as real. The book presents full illustrated schematics of battles, fortresses, cities, and palaces with diagrams that identify the uses and names of props and areas seen in the movies. Explanations are give for the practical reasons of complex architectures, ranks and unit designations, and overlaying maps of most of Star Wars. I really enjoy reading books that
Luis Del Aguila
Sep 03, 2014 rated it liked it
No hay mucho que comentar en este libro es una guia visual de los escenarios de las Trilogias clasica y la moderna, el nivel de detalles en las imagenes es sorprendente y hay algunos datos interesantes en las descripciones, como un fan de Star War me gusta. Pero el hecho que lo reediten cada vez aumentandole los escenarios de la siguiente pelicula me fastidia un poco, es solo querer lucrar de manera descarada.
Tim
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have all the Locations editions, so personally this update was only useful for the new intro pages, a coupld of new pages of TFA and for the newly added or altered text compared to the previous edition which is 'Legends' (although most of it has remained exactly the same). If you don't have it yet, this book should belong in every SW-library if you love the SW-universe. It's got so many great details, it's dazzling.
C.J. Stunkard
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Immensely impressed by the art and depth of this book. It gets really into weeds for a fictional world, but the nuggets of insight on my face planets (Naboo and Bespin) were neat. Stunning art and well-crafted writing.
NOTE: scanned whole thing, but did not read in full---more of a reference guide than a read-through
Exapno Mapcase
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It’s rare to have a coffee table book that could actually double as a coffee table, or at the very least a nightstand. All jokes aside this is a great look at and into the major planets and buildings from the first 6 Star Wars films. A definite must have for the Star Wars fan.
Matthew Bane
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This book is what you'd expect. Great art and a nice bit of knowledge about the buildings and places in the Star Wars films. A good pick up.
Jeff
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant reference for all of the locations from Phantom Menace to Force Awakens.
Justin
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great detail. Tremendous job fitting things within canon, including several Easter eggs.
Chris Sherwood
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall an excellent resource and very detailed.
Simon Burns
Sep 29, 2016
Dara
Jan 25, 2016

• Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
  • Galactic Atlas (Star Wars)
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
  • 1,000 Places to See in the United States and Canada Before You Die
  • Sleep Apnea: Hacking Sleep Apnea - 19 Strategies to Sleep & Breathe Easy Again: From CPAP to Oral Appliance Therapy, and the Truth Behind What Actually Works...
  • National Geographic Guide to the National Parks of the United States
  • Paris: A 3D Keepsake Cityscape
  • Flat Belly Diet! Diabetes: Lose Weight, Target Belly Fat, and Lower Blood Sugar with This Tested Plan from the Editors of Prevention
  • Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide (Updated and Expanded)
  • Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (Star Wars)
  • Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
  • Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia
  • Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
  • Why?: The War Years (26 Fairmount Avenue, #7)
  • For the Duration: The War Years (26 Fairmount Avenue, #8)
  • The Letter (The Christmas Box, #3)
  • The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 2
James Luceno co-wrote a lot of books with Brian Daley as Jack McKinney.

He is a New York Times Best-Selling author currently living in Annapolis, Maryland with his wife and youngest child.

Inside the Worlds of Star Wars (4 books)
  • Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy