Start by marking “You've Got To Be Kidding Me (The Gods Made Me Do It, #2)” as Want to Read:
You've Got To Be Kidding Me (The Gods Made Me Do It, #2)

You've Got To Be Kidding Me

(The Gods Made Me Do It #2)

Poseidon, ancient Greek God of the Sea, ruler of earthquakes and once worshiped by thousands as a fertility god, was bored and that could be a dangerous thing for people around him. Deciding to visit his son, Nereus and friends at the Cloverleah pack; Poseidon causes his own brand of trouble, resulting in a night out at a club. All he wanted was a bed partner for a few hou ...more
Published June 14th 2017

To ask other readers questions about You've Got To Be Kidding Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You've Got To Be Kidding Me

Start your review of You've Got To Be Kidding Me (The Gods Made Me Do It, #2)
Lorraine Lesar
A.Maz.Ing. I.Loved.It.

I love it when Lisa Oliver goes wild with her imagation and she went wild with this one.
Poseidon, God of the Sea is bored. A different man in his bed nightly, no longer holds the attraction it once did, but he's a God and has a certain reputation to live up too, so he decides to go and live-it-up!
So with his Bluefin cocky tuna attitude he goes man-fishing hoping to ensnare a worthy catch for the night. And the shocker to not only him and it would appear everyone else, he no
Relly
ReRead 2020
Review still stands.

Good addition

I enjoyed this one. It was exactly what was needed at this time.
Poseidon was entertaining in the previous books and I liked how he was paired with Claude. It was good to see Claude get his man. I liked the cross overs with the cloverleah books. I thought that both Claude and Poseidon spent too long not communicating but it all worked out in the end.
Tristan
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shifter, dnf, paranormal
dnf@20%

Too silly. I get that it's a comedy and all, but everyone (especially the mcs) act like they are 14 and there are not enough substance to the plot.
Helena Rose
Love!

I'm so glad Claude finally got his mate!!

This was another amazing book by Lisa Oliver. Poseidon and Claude had a lot to learn about being mates, but they got there in the end.
Jazett
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The God

We get a few surprises in this book, that I didn't see coming. I loved how this book kept me laughing. It may have taken Poseidon awhile to figure, out that Claude was never going to leave him. I'm so happy that Poseidon had a friend to talk too. Claude really should have talked more to Poseidon then many the man would not been so crazy. I can't wait to see what trouble Baby brings to the next book.
Tammy
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazing-books
Very entertaining new series with a twist!! 😉
Janeylou
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Morgan  Skye
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love that we get to see all the guys from Cloverleah and that Kane is still an overprotective jerk at times!

Poseidon is hard to like. He’s very selfish and doesn’t really have a lot going for him – despite being a god. Claude was suprsingly sweet, given his being an Alpha and BDSM club owner. (There is no BDSM in this book.)

There wasn’t much “new” to this story, it felt a bit like some of the others in the series, but it was still fun and sexy.

I definitely think these are best read in order, t
Chancey Knowles
This one was a "tweener" for me (a 3.5 that is hard to decide if it should go up or done.) I definitely liked this one better than the previous one (Madison's story). But for a fun easy read, basically brain candy, it lagged in places for me. I liked the concept. I was thrilled Claude got his mate. There were definitely some fresh twists, yet for me it felt repetitive still. If you have really enjoyed the others in both series you should be fine. If you've been on the fence then I'd definitely r ...more
Tina
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Poseidon is bored. And a bored God means nothing but trouble. Claude doesn’t care that Poseidon is a God. His only concern is Poseidon is his mate. But will he be enough to capture and keep the attention of the God of the Sea?

You’ve Got To Be Kidding Me is second in Lisa Oliver’s The Gods Made Me Do It series. Poseidon doesn’t trust in love or mates for that matter. So when he finds himself inexplicably mated to Claude he isn’t sure what to expect or how to act. I mean he is a GOD. I love that M
llv
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, shifter, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
I loved this book and I feel like Ms. Oliver has gotten her mojo back. I loved both Poseidon and Claude as the main characters. I really liked how although Claude was the alpha of his pack, he wasn't perfect and was willing to admit to mistakes and make the changes needed to improve his pack. Poseidon started out as a superficial and somewhat annoying character, but throughout the story you become aware of why he is like he is and you root for him as he becomes a better individua
Kaye
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read from Lisa yet again.

I've always loved the Laughing Dom so to get his back story was great. It certainly was different than you'd expect given his personality.

Poseidon, well... I knew it would take some one special to tame him and Claude was definitely it for me. He loved his children but it was so funny to see his interactions with The Fates and the trouble he got himself into before he opened up himself to love and sharing his feelings for his Mate.

Their trials and tribula
Jacqueleen  ♡
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
As usual another enjoyable read by Lisa Oliver set in the Cloverleah world. This one is the mating between manwhore Poseidon and the Laughing Dom Claude. If your feeling iffy about this one due to the fact that Claude owns a BDSM club, have no fear, although there is mentions of " spankings and flogging lessions " there is no actual depicted BDSM scenes between the two MCs. Just your regular old run of the mill scorching sexy times. We have known Claude from the beginning of the Cloverleah serie ...more
Morgan Scott
AMAZING

I loved this one just as much as the other ones. I'm really hoping for another book with Shawn and Kane because if they can have babies I would be so freaking happy. I love this author and she never disappoints with any of her books. They truly make me laugh, cry, and swoon from all of the love going around. Ill be sad when these book finally end but at least I can go back and read each story! But I loved this and hope everyone else does too! I love the twist she's throwing in with the sh
Heather
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh My gods

Lisa Oliver managed to incorporate so many of my favorite tropes into this hilarious roller coaster of a book. Shifters, Greek gods, Norse gods, mpreg, comedy, and oh the feels. I love her writing. I have not been disappointed by a single book she has put out. This could be read as a standalone, but why on earth would you want to miss out on all that comes before it?! Start from the beginning with the Cloverleah Pack, then the first of The Gods Made Me Do It, it's so worth every single
Ally Lupold
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FairyG
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story

I have read all the cloverleigh books and spin off series and enjoyed them but this one was especially good. I think it is because the story was more developed and polished.

As always this book is about a 'true mate' relationship and how the pair get together but there were several subplots concerning Alpha status and pack dynamics as well as new characters who I hope will be developed in further books in the series. There are intimate scenes but they don't take over the story.

Dottie Mae
You've Got To Be Kidding Me by Lisa Oliver

I absolutely love this book by Lisa Oliver and the rating is well earned, could not put this book down. I have read all works by Ms. Oliver. The stories are just so interesting and will keep you entertained. The romance and hot love is off the charts. The characters come to life. Can hardly wait for her next book. This is another one of my keepers to be read over and over again.
Denise GremoryKohta
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. Poseidon and Claude are a great couple. Claude sure had some surprises for us. Wonder what Damian is thinking about that now. I have enjoyed every Lisa Oliver book that I've read and plan to start on her Bound and Bonded series next. I think the worlds and societies that she had created are well thought out. The linking and weaving of the stories and characters is flawless. I can't wait to get started on the next ones. ...more
Sue
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second in a new series.

First just because this is the 2nd book in the series, do not worry if you haven't read the first! The story is quite entertaining without reading either Get Over It or the Cloverleah Pack series.

Alpha Claude is a familiar character for readers of the Cloverleah Pack when Poseidon begins to make trouble under the excuse of visiting his son. Shawn and Kane decide a visit to their friend Claude is in order. Claude is the Alpha of the Tulsa pack and has been a good frien
Margaret Clark
Fun read

Although some of the men we love from Cloverleaf appears in this book, it's time for the laughing Dom to finally have his own HEA. Different from the regular wolves but thoroughly entertaining when you have the God of the Sea Poseidon turning out to a shifters True Mate. Love Lisa Oliver, always an automatic one click.
Veronica hughes
Awesome

Omg I local this book! Poor Claude trying to learn how to be a mate to a god with an attitude and then add a wayward pack of spoiled wolves but it all turns out in the end. I was hoping for a pregnant Shaun and Baby is going to be a fun book and I was excited to have my favorite Luke have a cameo love all Lisa's books
Rosie
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Your books NEVER let me down

I have read almost all of your series. I adore your style of writing. Humor, love and pretty men. All perfectly written with your style. I have never been bored with any of your series. Can't put them down once I start reading. Patiently waiting for next book, next series, doesn't matter they're all great.
Ernie
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where is book 3!

In the second installment of this series you are left pining for the third! In this reader's opinion the two main characters of this book are written in such a way that I could see myself having a fight with my partner over the same things the characters get into fights with each other about. Very enjoyable reading!
Annie Elm
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Unexpected!

Poseidon certainly got what he deserved:) After sleeping around, trying to get with mated couples and making fun of his pregnant exes he got everything he didn't know he wanted in Claude, the wolf shifter and Alpha of the Tulsa pack.
And they're not only blessed with their fated mate, they get a bit more.
Quneder Robinson
She does it again!!!!

Awesome awesome awesome. There was laughter, pain, anger, and love. All made for an awesome read. I loved it. Can't wait for the next one. Please keep them coming.
Barbara Lampron
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! I loved it!!

Oh Lisa all I can say is keep writing because I will keep buying. I just loved that Poseidon got pregnant. And you already know I love the Cloverleah pack. All through the book I laughed. Just keep writing!
Nicole
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a story. Great 2nd book of the Gods made me do it series. Story of Poseidon and Claude. Do not hesitate to buy this book or any books written by Lisa Oliver you will not regret purchasing them. Entertaining and Enjoyable.
Karen
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love this series. Awesome storyline. Well written with well developed characters. This series is a spin off series from her Cloverleah series. Both are worth getting. I can't wait to see what comes next. ...more
Julie scott
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You've Got To Be Kidding Me(The Gods Made Me Do It Book 2)

Loved it it was awesome and I can't wait to read more of this series and I hope it's soon to.. I will be watching for more of this or any book by Lisa Oliver....

• Stop Kidding Around (Magical Mates #2)
  • Mine to Keep (Pine Ridge Pack #2)
  • All Kidding Aside (Magical Mates #1)
  • Wish (Scales 'N' Spells #2.5)
  • Wanting the Im-PAW-sible
  • His Bewildered Mate (Unexpected Mates #1)
  • Feline the Love (River’s Edge Shifters #2)
  • Too Hot to Handle (Salacious Summer Singe #1)
  • Mine to Save (Pine Ridge Pack #1)
  • Otterly in Love (River’s Edge Shifters #3)
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)
  • The Reluctant Alpha (West Coast Wolves, #1)
  • Twice Bitten (Javier Coven #3)
  • The Devoted Alpha (West Coast Wolves, #3)
  • Shatter (Omega Assassins Club #4)
  • Daddy's Bite
  • Matched To His Unicorn (The Dates of Our Lives, #5)
  • All in His Mind (The Omega Auction Chronicles #9; The Omega Rescue #4)
Lisa Oliver had been writing non-fiction books for years when visions of half dressed, buff men started invading her dreams. Unable to resist the lure of her stories, Lisa decided to switch to fiction books, and now stories about her men clamor to get out from under her fingertips.
When Lisa is not writing, she is usually reading with a cup of tea always at hand. Her grown children and grandchildr

The Gods Made Me Do It (10 books)
  • Get Over It (The Gods Made Me Do It, #1)
  • Don't Fight It (The Gods Made Me Do It #3)
  • Riding the Storm (The Gods Made Me Do It #4)
  • I Can See You (The Gods Made Me Do It #5)
  • Someone to Hold Me (The Gods Made Me Do It #6)
  • You'll Know in Your Heart (The Gods Made Me Do It #7)
  • Worth It (The Gods Made Me Do It #8)
  • When Three Points Collide (The Gods Made Me Do It #9)
  • Special Enough (The Gods Made Me Do It #10)