Start by marking “The Signs: Decode the Stars, Reframe Your Life” as Want to Read:
The Signs: Decode the Stars, Reframe Your Life

The Signs: Decode the Stars, Reframe Your Life

Nobody's future is written in the stars, but we can use the stars to help write our future.

For thousands of years people have looked to the night sky for the answers to life's problems. Today's practice is a far cry from newspaper horoscopes and fortune-telling, but instead uses the ancient wisdom of astrology to help us better understand our choices and ourselves. It's no
Published November 2nd 2017 by Penguin Life

To ask other readers questions about The Signs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Signs

Start your review of The Signs: Decode the Stars, Reframe Your Life
Renata
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As someone that loves astrology and wants to know more, this book helped me a lot to understand more things and I learned a lot. I do have to say that this is more for beginners to help you read your birth chart and understand the houses, but it was soo good.
Olwen
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Excellent explanation of what most of those markings on an astrological birth chart are all about. Well written and easy to understand instructions. I learnt a lot about myself!

Some details aren't there (like what are trines, squares, north node, midheaven etc) so perhaps the author will put together an advanced text!
Evelin
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

I really loved this book. It taught me the huge difference between the magazine horoscopes and astrology, for which it's already worth reading, trust me, even if you are sceptical about reading the stars.

It's less about telling your future and more about learning to read yourself, becoming a better version of yourself and exploiting your positive traits to the fullest. You are not just your 'sun sign', on which your daily/weekly/monthly horoscope is usually based, but you
Ana
A utilitarian guide to the stars--not full of poetry as I have known astrologers to be, but rather a staunchly practical companion.
Derryn Shaw
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such an interesting book! I did take a hot minute to read it but that’s not a reflection of the content of this book. It provides very detailed explanations of each of the signs, planets and houses and really helped to understand basic astrology!
Melody Luna
This book is a wonderful read for anyone interested in astrology! It is great for beginners or those who already have a basic idea about what astrology actually is (not those horoscopes you read in the paper and not just your Sun sign, but so much more: a Moon sign, a Rising sign, a Mercury Sign, a Venus sign, a Mars sign and so on...) but feel overwhelmed by all of this new information. For example, I could not for the life of me get a basic understanding of the houses, but this book made it fu ...more
Guido Bonatti
I fully agree with Ana, I've read this one in Italian and being an astrologer myself I would say: a practical guide for astrology absolute beginners, with a rich set of recommendations taken from the hands-on experience of the author. I appreciated her constant invitation to search for and express the best side of the values hidden by signs and planets. Among the aspects I didn't really like: the absence of a reflection upon astrological aspects, which is an important issue in reading a chart, a ...more
Anju Shakti
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Este es un excelente libro para profundizar en el conocimiento de cada signo zodiacal, e incluso una introducción básica a los aspectos principales dentro de la carta astral. Es de lectura rápida y muy entretenida, lo lei en 3 dias y me encantó! Si te interesa la astrologia y quieres aprender más del tema, este es tu libro!
Ditte
Mar 26, 2020 rated it liked it
For me it was a good introduction to astrology and the book helped me to look at my own chart with more understanding - now it's time to analyze it all.
But I also had quite a lot of problems with the book.

1. The constant name-dropping! Damn, it was hard to get past... well, it wasn't name-dropping per se since no names were dropped, but the author made sure (many, many, many times!) that she is so very important to so many very "important people".
2. She used too many examples (of before mention
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Berna Labourdette
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Es un libro de "astrología dinámica" según su autora y básicamente un "manual de cortapalos" sobre astrología. Como tal, es muy claro, tiene mucha información sobre mitología griega (especialmente la que tiene relación con los planetas, no tanto con los signos) y presenta varios ejercicios prácticos que son muy útiles (sobre todo los relacionados con la faceta negativa de cada signo). Por la sencillez y claridad lo recomiendo para quienes empiecen a interesarse en el tema.
Christy
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a thorough and well written guide, great for those new and experienced in astrology.
Stace
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so easy to read and is one that you can flick to chapters or just read it normally. I’ll definitely be coming back to this one time & time again as a guide when doing birth charts! ...more
Joan
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very informative and easy to read and understand. Recommended reading.
Ysera
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
I don't recomend this book unless you know already enough about astrology. Not because it's complicated (on that, I must say this book is a yes because it's simply and easy to understand) but because it can give you the wrong ideas. The worst ones, actually.

The author does exactly what an astrologer should never do that is say that some signs are more related to mental illnesses or habits than others. It says all the time that X sign is more close to anxiety than others, to depression than other
C.E. G
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I admit I didn't read this whole thing cover to cover - but I did read the parts that felt relevant to the biggest parts of my chart. I appreciated some things I hadn't heard before (like that having Sag or Aquarius planets can help offset some Capricorn tendencies). The author has pretty binary views of gender, and can be a little name-droppy. I also didn't personally like her examples of "I know a Scorpio who does this" - I generally love astrology, but something about that reductio ...more
Cherry To
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great guide to astrology that will help me in future decision making. It introduces each individual sign in detail, describing their perks and weaknesses in different aspects of life. The aspects include career, love, and health-wise. It also taught me how to read birth charts, something I've never heard until I picked up this book. In addition, the book talked about the houses that rule each sign. Overall, The Signs is a great in-depth introduction to astrology.
Siobhan Taylor
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic book for anyone new to astrology. It includes all the information you need to understand and direct your birth chart, as well as how to understand other peoples birth charts.

This book is best suited for someone interested in learning more about how to practice astrology in their own lives - it's not designed to convince you about whether or not astrology is legit, so if you have questions that tend to that side of the discussion I'd recommend looking elsewhere.
Camille Houde
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book deepened my knowledge on every sign as well as on houses, and planets. However, this book won't give you a clear definition of your personality but it will have more of a guideline approach. Every sign will be explained but the link with the planet and the house will be left for interpretation. She also suggests very good reflections and advice to be a better person.
Klaudia Nogajczyk
Przepięknie wydana w twardej oprawie wiedza na temat astrologii dynamicznej i horoskopów. W tej książce znajdziemy opisy: znaków zodiaków, planet, domów i możliwość stworzenia własnego kosmogramu, który z "gazetowymi horoskopami" nie ma nic wspólnego. To pozycja zdecydowanie dla osób interesujących się tematyką astrologii oraz horoskopów, a także wpływu planet na życie. Polecam.
Alena Srostlikova
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read book for all zodiac signs enthusiasts! Very v-e-r-y well written, super interesting and easy to read. I will totally keep it on my shelf and return to it once in a while. Believe it or not, it really reveals a lot about oneself and can help you improve yourself.
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This fills a gap on my astrology shelf. I liked the concept of the signs gone right or wrong, and what you (as the sign or as a friend) can do to get things back on track.
Rose Dooley
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thankyou Kya for the beautiful book I loved it :)
Irene Stassen
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A useful guide to astrology. Absolutely loved it.
Terri Farris
Average for an astrology book
Alexander Shepherd
It's good but not everything I agree with. I really liked how she acknowledges in astrology that not everybody believes in a soul or past life. But then turns around and repeatedly talks about karma as if it were a matter of fact.

She gets kind of political in certain places. It's clearly got a leftist lean. Though I don't disagree with her politics, I'm also not of the opinion that it's the proper venue to express them. It's a good way to alienate part of your audience and make things divisive
Martyna
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bardzo fajna. Dużo można się dowiedzieć, świetne uzupełnienie wiedzy, którą nabyłam już wcześniej. Polecam!
Cecil Novak
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a little hard to follow along with at times but is very informative and goes into alot of diffrent frames of looking at the stars impact on yer life
Hayley
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great introduction to astrology
Melody-Daniel Luna

• The Little Book of Astrology
  • Astrology Made Easy: A Guide to Understanding Your Birth Chart
  • The Unexpected Joy of Being Single
  • Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes
  • The Only Tarot Book You'll Ever Need: Gain Insight and Truth to Help Explain the Past, Present, and Future
  • Breaking Badly
  • The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need
  • Effective Transition Into Year One
  • Glastonbury 50: The Official Story of Glastonbury Festival
  • Astrology: Using the Wisdom of the Stars in Your Everyday Life
  • The Space Between: Chaos. Questions. Magic. Welcome to your twenties.
  • How To Get Over A Boy